Reminder that Radical Reconstruction was the best opportunity to solve the racial divide in the U.S

Reminder that Radical Reconstruction was the best opportunity to solve the racial divide in the U.S.

>b-b-but /pol/ told me that lincoln was going to forcibly deport the niggers """"back"""" to africa!

Other urls found in this thread:

healthland.time.com/2011/11/07/study-whites-more-likely-to-abuse-drugs-than-blacks/
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3941346
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002
link.springer.com/article/10.1093/jurban/jti065
archive.samhsa.gov/data/2k13/DAWN2k11ED/DAWN2k11ED.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the best opportunity to solve the racial divide in the U.S.

Too bad it didn't work out huh?

There can be no racial devide between races if there is only one race

The South got off too easily.

That doesn't have anything to do with racial divide. Northerners were (and still are) racist too, deporting the niggers was the ONLY good solution.

t. northerner

That's why its failure is still indelibly written into all of American life, black and white, North and South. Right?

Veeky Forums is the commie board, go there

We unironically should have deported them though. Racial tensions would barely be an issue today and through our history.

>instituting a system of state-sponsored racial segregation and denying basic political liberties to a financially destitute people in their homeland for generations didn't have anything to do with the racial divide
>i'm from the north btw, so it's got to be true

I'm not for slavery, I'm for abolition + repatriation.

I don't have much against blacks, but, why exactly didn't they? Seems like the perfect solution for the time period.

Also, you're implying that if the south was punished harder, racism would not exist? I legit don't follow. Even if you straight up killed every southern white man, there still would be a racial divide between blacks and northern whites.

>America
>niggers homeland
Oh wait, i forgot, you wuz kangz, thanks for reminding me Tyrone!

It would be best both for whites and for the blacks. We'd have a country without constant racial tension and bullshit and they'd have their own big country in Africa with their own government and our protection.

And I'm arguing that the Republicans succeeding in instituting such a system would have been the best possible chance at fixing the issue.

Why do you assume that punishing the South involves "killing every Southern white man"?

The ethnogenesis of Black Americans occurred in the American South.

I don't assume anything, I'm merely telling you that punishing the south wouldn't solve any racial divide whatsoever. We're 50 years since abolishing Jim Crow and there's still a major racial divide, it would've solved jack shit.

But the deportation was never a serious thing at all let alone work.

Also if blacks were deported alongside the huge issues in doing so and the results, poor whites wouldn't have an entire race as an underclass under them so they would be the bitches of the southern aristocracy.

>The ethnogenesis of Black Americans occurred in the American South.
*smacks lips* YO SO HOL UP

I would think that providing education and financial reparations to newly freed slaves (in addition to nipping "muh south dindu nuffin" in the bud) would've been a much better solution than trying to undo an extra century of racial discrimination.

dude memes lmao

Following that Liberia was a thing under a private organisation (never was a government thing) and pretty much a place where rich and well off mulatto folk can be the aristocracy similar to their former homes but in a new land and be dicks to other darker or poorer Liberians. Check Liberias first 6 presidents, all barely black or super mixed at best.

But the South threw a bitch fit and took down and reversed any progress that occurred during reconstruction regarding equality or blacks. All the discriminatory laws taken down down their was erected with new ones.

No permanent federal presence meant that any changes cam be ripped down instantly.

There are plenty of go fund mes of blacks saying they'll go back to Africa if you pay them:

Cough up that money I guess. This post is not spam but rather informing the Veeky Forums public that you too can send blacks back to Africa.

For fucks sake Veeky Forums.

Just google "Go Fund Me send me back to Africa"

wtf i hate black people now

The radical republicans never wanted to "solve the racial divide" you revisionist leftist. The northerners were just as racist. The war was fought over economics (slavery-supported agriculture vs. industry), not ideology.
P.S. fuck niggers and fuck the confederates

Why didn't we just arm blacks and send them west to fight the injuns and colonize that area?

Why not pay them to move to alaska and settle that area?

What would it solve?

>financial reparations

HOL UP

>put ex-slaves, carpet baggers, and corrupt southerners in charge of southern states and disenfranchise most southern whites in order to keep Republican dominance
>this will definitely work out in the long run

Radical Reconstruction was a blunder worse than the reconstruction of Iraq. The Lost Cause of Reconstruction myth is just as dumb as all the "state's rights" heritagefags.

also
>muh radical reconstruction
>posts Sherman

goes to show you know nothing of American History.

Spouting memes instead of arguments. Classic /pol/

this desu

>“All the congresses on earth can’t make the negro anything else than what he is; he must be subject to the white man,”
>“Two such races cannot live in harmony save as master and slave.”

He seems like a smart guy

Memes aside, the North should have gone full interracial breeding grounds in the South to create a Southern identity independent of race... providing financial incentives for poor blacks and whites to marry.

Worked pretty brilliantly to destroy racial divisions in Paraguay and Mexico.

In addition, plantations should have been transformed into democratized farms rewarded by the federal government for surplus.

Moving tens millions of people is pretty much impossible with 1860s technology. Full genocide would never have been tolerated by the North and by Europe.

Southern whites also needed the labor, so they wanted to keep African Americans around and subservient.

>the plan is to make our entire population dumber through racemixing

We should've just let the south secede. The niggers they had turned out even worse than the rednecks

Reconstruction was stopped and reversed at the turn of the century.

The "total equality" dream was fulfilled in the 1960s and it didn't solve shit.

>The "total equality" dream was fulfilled

>end of segregation
>universal voting rights

The fuck else do you need?

>or he must amalgamate or be destroyed.
leaving off end of a sentence is lame

MONIEZ 4 DEM PROGRAMMES

REPARATIONS

Non meme answers would be appreciated.

it doesn't really soften it though. Regardless, Sherman was relatively easy on the south, agreed with their racial views, and worked closely with former confederates during his time as a war governor. Yet somehow every civil war thread gets shit up with shermanposters who hold him as the penultimate radical hardliner.

The devastation during the March to the sea was a result of bad control over his troops, not malevolence. Meanwhile his fire and brimstone ramblings were a result of his mental breakdown after the First Battle of Bull Run where he lost a disproportionate amount of men. Basically Sherman has become a history meme at this point whose far different than the actual man.

>penultimate

Social enfranchisement?

sorry I meant ultimate, was writing pretty fast. Are you going to respond to anything else in my post or not? you better not be the guy whining about memes above.

I'm not really going to reply because I agree with most of your post. And yes I am that meme guy.

Literally what is that?

Bullshit. Jim Crow never even ended, just became more insidious

t. DeBrickashawn Johnson

Not an argument

You didn't provide an argument either. Saying Jim Crow never ended is some top tier retardation if you're not baiting though.

How can you say the subjugation of African Americans is over after any perusal of poverty, graduation, and incarceration statistics?

>I earn jack shit because I'm stupid and didn't do well in school
>I go to jail because I murder someone
>kids raised in poverty because their dad bails on the family

You only got yourselves to blame, nothing to do with Jim Crow

>niggers commit more crime proportionally
>get sent to jail more proportionally
>muthafuggen raysists whitey be keepin' us down n shiet

I'm white, son.

How can you say our judicial system is fair when it emerged out of institutions specifically designed to subjugate?

That's absurd, crime is nothing else than a response to poverty and desperate conditions

then why doesn't West Virginia top the crime charts?

>our justice system is fucked because it jails murderers and rapists

Go back to /pol/ with your shit bait

>it's faaaaair!!!!!!!

Sure thing, Cletus

healthland.time.com/2011/11/07/study-whites-more-likely-to-abuse-drugs-than-blacks/

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3941346

Antiblackness is so central to the American judiciary that blacks are jailed more often and for longer for the same fucking crimes

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002

Lack of urban centers for gang crime

More likely to abuse drugs =/= more likely to get caught. I mean if you can't understand the difference between this and sentencing rate then you're dumb beyond belief.

Doing coke with your friends at home brings less attention to you than blasting 200 mph through inner city while on PCP.

Charleston.

Why are you using stereotypes to prove a point?

Well it's hard to be discrete about your drug addiction when cops bust down a door in your neighborhood every fucking week.

The Drug War is the most visible successor to de jure black subjugation.

Rednecks are poor as fuck but you don't see them robbing convenience stores

So don't use drugs and let whitey destroy himself with them

Get a job and move out of your shithole neighborhood then.

because whites do drugs in their homes while blacks get high and commit crimes. Most drugs charges are added on to other crime charges aka black guy gets arrested for robbery and then has crack on him. Also you evidence only reports surveys, maybe blacks just lie about drug use. After all they disproportionately show up to the Emergency Room due to Drugs showing that they either use harder drugs and are less responsible with them.

Blacks lie in surveys:
link.springer.com/article/10.1093/jurban/jti065

Blacks are admitted to ER for Drugs at higher rates:
archive.samhsa.gov/data/2k13/DAWN2k11ED/DAWN2k11ED.pdf

They do, actually. Poor southern white communities have huge crime rates compared to northern suburbs

then why does mississippi come in #2 in homicide? what urban cities do they have?

They don't. Statistics are actually available for everyone online so stop lying.

You're admitting unfairness

Using an illegal drug is no less unlawful than being caught using one

If a tree falls in an empty forest, does it make a sound?

Yes it's indisputable that America would be far better today if they deported all the niggers to Africa

btw none of this complaining about modern racism goes to prove OP's point that Radical Reconstruction would solve race issues. If you're arguing that the North in 2016 is guilty of institutionalized racism, what makes you think that their 19th century ancestors could've fixed the problem?

The cops don't know if some random faggot smokes weed in his basement. But they do know if some coked up negroid robs a pawn shop. You're too stupid to post.

Racemixing doesn't make anyone dumber, is this the latest stormfront meme?

Not racemixing per se, but mixing with niggers does.

I don't know, lad. The American mongrels on Stormfront itself lend quite a bit of credence to that theory.

Every time radicals get everything they want, things go to shit. Why do you think the Radical Reconstruction would be different?

The left is better when it's contained.

>what is Brazil

>Racemixing doesn't make anyone dumber

Most american niggers are racemixed, and they're all dumb as rocks.

>Most american niggers are racemixed, and they're all dumb as rocks.
Most Slavic peoples aren't racemixed, and they're all dumb as rocks.

>a high level of discourse

No they aren't. They're poorer than western europe because of communism

No, seriously, answer: If race-mixing is so good, why is Brazil so terrible?

Did we hurt your fee fees? You aren't even able to dispute that racemixing is bad

I've responded to your posts numerous times with actual information and you've ignored them to argue with idiots spouting memes instead. It's you're own fault.

Yes, greentexting and memes are high level of discourse.

And mating with stupid people spawns stupid offsprings, who would've thought?

Racemixing is awful. It creates people who don't fully belong to one group or the other.

Are you kidding me? Outside of incredibly stable isolate societies like the United Kingdom or isolationist Sweden, radical change is always necessary to enact meaningful change that can't be easily undone. Look at Japan, Russia, the Netherlands, or most obviously France.

Even America had to settle its problems through civil war. Hard to get more radical than that.

What the fuck does racemixing have to do with Brazil's problems?

Brazil would be far worse with a divided population! Look at South Africa or Zimbabwe

>le communism is bad meme

Eastern Europe was fucking nightmarish before 1917

The USSR was a shithole, but incomparably better than what it replaced

>Brazil is terrible because of race mixing
Mauritius is more race mixed than Brazil, yet has a better HDI.

Furthermore, Bolivia is 62% indigenous while Brazil is 43.13% pardo. Bolivia obviously has less race mixing than Brazil, so it should be better than Brazil in terms of HDI right? False; Bolivia has an HDI of 0.662 while Brazil has an HDI of 0.755.

Again, we have the Solomon Islands, with a population of 94.5% Melanesian. Then we have Ecuador, with 71.9% mixed Mestizos. According to your hypothesis, the Solomon Islands should be better than Ecuador on the sole basis of homogeneity. Again, your hypothesis is wrong. Solomon Islands has an HDI of 0.506 while Ecuador has an HDI of 0.732.

One more example: 70% of Seychelles is race mixed, yet the country has an HDI of 0.772. Meanwhile, Moldova is 75..81% 'Moldovan' yet has an HDI of 0.693. Again, your hypothesis is wrong.

Maybe racial mixing has nothing to do with the state of a country. Maybe it's more so the history of the country, the economic status of the country, etc. After all, Paraguay had a high rate of racial mixing and was one of the best countries in Latin America until Lopez did the absolute madman.

Now fuck off back to /pol/ and stay there.

>Eastern Europe was fucking nightmarish before 1917
No. It wasn't. You're grasping at straws and failing badly. Not even that guy but please keep digging yourself into a hole.

For the blacks. For whites it would be better.

>They're poorer than western europe because of communism
And Brazilians are poor because of economic discrepancies, corruption and a history thereof, and kenyesianism.

>Mauritius and Seychelles

Race-mixing between Hindus and Europeans is not as bad as race-mixing between Europeans and Africans.

And Paraguay was never good. Stop getting your history from literal communist propagandists like Chiavenato.