I want to start eshop but I don't know where to start

I want to start eshop but I don't know where to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

money4anon.com/website-tutorial/
bettrfastr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=yd-Luet5Jgo
youtube.com/results?search_query=how to make an ecommerce website&spfreload=1
youtube.com/results?search_query=level up tuts magento
builtwith.com/
gtmetrix.com/
xtento.com/magento-integration-suite/magento-royal-mail-rmdmo-export-integration.html
winningwp.com/examples-of-websites-using-woocommerce/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

www.shopify.com

/thread

Alternatively if you want to put in some extra work and avoid paying $30+/month with Shopify you could make a WordPress site using WooComerce.
It dropped my monthly bill down to ~$10. (for hosting, domain and a few other things. WordPress and WooComerce are free)

Can ypu be more specific?

Dropshipping? Manufacturing your own brand? Importing and warehousing yourself?

If nothing I just said rings a bell thats a place to start

Thanks for the tip.

I know a company that can print me clothing with motives, I just want to resell it with my themed eshop.

No problem user.

You could check these out as a starting place

money4anon.com/website-tutorial/
bettrfastr.com/

It's a solid overview of how to start a site but it's more aimed at setting up for affiliate stuff.

Alternatively YouTube has a plethora of tuts for this
youtube.com/watch?v=yd-Luet5Jgo
youtube.com/results?search_query=how to make an ecommerce website&spfreload=1

Thank you again, this looks useful, I will take a look on it.

>Alternatively YouTube has a plethora of tuts for this

Pay monthly sites are the easiest options. Can be cheaper depending on what you're selling. And you can get started by the end of today. Great way to get started, view your metrics and see if you actually have a market.

Most self hosted options like Magento and Joomla are very customisable and although free can become very expensive and complicated very quickly.

youtube.com/results?search_query=level up tuts magento

This got me started, and if you like me were new, you wont have a fucking clue what you're doing and no one will help you.

When I built my Magento site it took 6 months to get my head around self hosting and cost £700-800 in templates, hosting, extensions and some custom work for integrating those high risk third party payment processor checkouts. You could do it for less but I needed some very specific checkout stuff.

I can honestly say I am a better person for doing it. Once you've done it once you can do it again very quickly. What took me almost 6 months I could do in 2-3 weeks now.

Thank you for your tips and contribution.

>When I built my Magento site it took 6 months to get my head around self hosting and cost £700-800
kek, did you buy a DFY site?

>kek, did you buy a DFY site?

DFY site?

Magento stores are powerhouses. I ran a cheap DIY one which you pay monthly while I was getting the Mage store ready to open.

OP just take a look at the best stores and your future competitors. The biggest stores will use Magento I guarantee it, you might not understand why yet.

Take a browse around mage-world.com and magestore.com. You don't need this stuff but you'll be glad the option is there when you start making sales and if you plan on making a success of your business.

You can check your competitors sites by:
builtwith.com/

You can check how quickly your website is loading etc...
gtmetrix.com/

Its nice knowing your site loads in 2 seconds through CDN at the other end of the earth when your competitors is taking 8 seconds.

It comes preconfigured products so you can categorize your t-shirts, or any clothing or product with multiple configurations like bikes by size/colour/fit/age/material etc... But learning how to categorise your clothing by fit and type is a trip in itself. You can configure the weights of your products so it automatically calculates the correct postage etc... Sure you can do it manually. But if your by yourself running 50 orders in a day during a sale or at a busy time of year if your products are seasonal, it's very nice to just print of a postage label with everything you need.

Linnworks costs an absolute bomb if you think spending a few hundred on extensions is bad.

Woocommerice is great if you want to sell your dirty kegs like user here and mock other people. But I'm trying to give you some advice I wish I had. I wouldn't let someone selling on a wordpress site walk my dog.

You will be better off using something that is a dedicated webstore from the start than a blog with a sales plugin. That's why is suggest joomla an easier option, prestashop is suppose to be very good for clothing also. Just they are always second best to a mage store.

>youtube.com/results?search_query=level up tuts magento

Take a look at the first video in their series and the 3rd video 'how to install magento.' They have 100k+ views.

Every other video has 20k views and down to 5k views by the end. That gives you an idea of how many people give up on Magento. Then consider what I said in the other post about the biggest and most successful stores being Magento.

A few months hard work now will pay off many times over in future if you need to build another website.

>It comes preconfigured products so you can categorize your t-shirts, or any clothing or product with multiple configurations like bikes by size/colour/fit/age/material etc... But learning how to categorise your clothing by fit and type is a trip in itself. You can configure the weights of your products so it automatically calculates the correct postage etc...

All this can be setup with woocommerce too.

>DFY site?
Done-for-you site.

And everything you said you want can be done for pennies on the dollar (given the prices you are quoting) with WordPress.
It's simple out of the box, modular, and cheap AF.

>I wouldn't let someone selling on a WordPress site walk my dog.
Is this your way of showing buyers remorse? What's with this level of booty hurt m8?

pic related

>Woocommerice is great if you want to sell your dirty kegs like user here and mock other people.

You can mock other people but you can't take it yourself without going full autist.

^^
See what I mean. He's jumping on that I admit spending money on extensions like it's a bad thing. I wouldn't recommend spending money on extensions until you're making it. The extensions can make a huge difference to your days workload and help immensely with sales and encouraging repeat business. He's implying he can code these things like he passes wind or they're available for free, which they aren't.

xtento.com/magento-integration-suite/magento-royal-mail-rmdmo-export-integration.html

I never even brought up that I was paying ad banners on various website. I'm probably a mug for doing that also. Maybe Woocommerce is your best option.

Anyway good luck with your site. Nothing wrong payin £5 a month to get a few products up there quickly on a quickstart site like shopify or a budget option while you spend time making the right choice of which platform to use. I tried Magento, Prestashop, Opencart and Joomla before settling on magento. Woocomerce and drupal never even made it in for consideration back in 2013.

Maybe it's picked up since then but none of my competitors used it.

so your position is
>I never even looked at X or considered X but X is for retards haha

just to clarify

>All this can be setup with woocommerce too.

When I was setting up it was magento/presta/opencart/joomla/drupal and the last two were considered very weak. Woocommerce wasn't even an option or talked about.

I know magento was customisable for products in ways prestashop and opencart couldn't handle. I'm sure clothes/shoes are very common options. But Magento works products in units and you can assign metric and imperial units of weights and and measurements which allow you to intergrate it with shipping methods in ways other sites cannot.

I know the framework behind magento was constantly amazing me as I was learning it. While you don't need to know it all, or it forces you to learn things that you don't need at first that later become incredibly useful. It is sure nice to have these options even if it is a pain at first. Another example would be how if there is corrupted data within a section of the website, magento will go back into the second template and pull that specific file from the backup site in a single request rather than reloading the entire backup, saving time reloading a the site which could essentially double your bandwidth usage. It will continue to do this from special themes like Christmas themes in the event your backups are corrupted also. It's like having a car with 3 of every part where the backup immediately kicks in as the first part fails.

I know were talking about a small site starting up. But I would certainly encourage learning magento even if you go with something simpler.

Is Shopify the answer ?

And what do you want to sell beside tee-shirt / furnitures / books ?

>>I never even looked at X or considered X but X is for retards haha

My position is woocommerce is an add-on for wordpress and isn't even considered an ecommerce platform.

Magento = scalable ecommerce platform
Woocommerce = wordpress afterthought

Why would I waste my time looking at a blog plugin when I want to open a store.

If need to get a car to drive my family from A-B. Why am I not looking at go-karts?

''So to clarify, you haven't even considered the option of bolting a little red truck to the back of a go cart and strapping your family in... just to clarify?

Nothing wrong with a little red truck on the back of a gocart, but you're gonna wanna stay off the motorway and you can't expect other drivers to take you seriously. They arn't going to slow down for you.

I just searched woocommerce site examples and, look at that... top of the list is an underpants shop.

winningwp.com/examples-of-websites-using-woocommerce/

It does the things you mentioned just fine. I don't really see why you're so dead set against something which you've never used but does the exact same thing as the product you do you use. You haven't presented any argument of merit.

Shopify is the best way to go if you don't want to bother setting up your own site.