/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

NEWS:
Sega saturn homebrew hacked, good news for saturn emulation: youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
Retroarch 1.3.6 now out as well as alphas of vulkan N64 emulators:
libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-3-6-released/http://www.libretro.com/index.php/nintendo-64-vulkan-low-level-emulator-parallel-pre-alpha-release/
Pocketstation emulator is well on the way.
Byuu supposedly working on megadrive emulation. Get ready for esoteric rom formats, now coming to a SEGA console near you.

Other urls found in this thread:

libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-3-6-released/
libretro.com/index.php/nintendo-64-vulkan-low-level-emulator-parallel-pre-alpha-release/
dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?17184-How-To-Use-PPSSPP-To-Play-Online
romtohome.com/
mega.nz/#!NpUzGapC!zu81Z_ekohz2LY-U-BAyOS7gkeqQO9nN0nM-swnkGEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-3-6-released/
libretro.com/index.php/nintendo-64-vulkan-low-level-emulator-parallel-pre-alpha-release/
Messed up them links.

3 posts in and we're already dead. Good effort lads and ladettes.

I may as well ask a question to stay on topic and not just shitpost:
When updating to the newest retroarch, which files do I need to copy across. Anything other than cores, configuration.txts and any save files?

Is there any single emudev who SP respects the same way he respects Maister?

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Quality SP GUI engineering

Is this true?

Not entirely.
Vulkan has proven itself to be much better than OGL and current DX revisions, so that much is true.
However, OGL will likely continue being supported for quite some time, as a lot of programs need it. People forget that legacy support is a thing.

Anyone know how to set this up?, I went to the forums and they say that I dont need to download ad-hoc server anymore cause the new version has it already? Any help appreciated, thanks

Is there a guide anywhere that explains how I can easily set up any Android emulator to play some video games (doesn't matter what console) with my internet gf in a different country?

>hamachi
Dude, no.

Follow this guide and see if it works the same way.
dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?17184-How-To-Use-PPSSPP-To-Play-Online

How much overhead does it add to a GPU to continue to support OGL?

I don't fucking know.

What's wrong with hamachi?

2/3 of it are bullshit, you can't get much better than low level hardware access so vulkan is probably around for more than 5 years, Legacy support isn't going anywhere either your 2016 GPU still support OGL2 doesn't it, on top of that I'm pretty sure a wrapper could be made in a worst case scenario and it probably wouldn't even impact performance that much.

First, it's not required.
Second, it's a security risk.

Can anyone else confirm this?

You asked for advice, take the man's advice. He seems like he knows how to get it working online.

You're intentionally opening a hole into your network to allow someone access, and you need confirmation that it's a security risk?

You forgot insulting SP and offhandedly throwing out some inflammatory N64 emulation statements to get the ball rolling.

I'd suggest just throwing the new libs and binaries into the old folder tbqh

What are my best options for SNES and PSX muh shaders emulation on PS3? I tried to install RA 1.3 and nothing works for some reason, just black screens and being kicked to XMB all over.

Does no body else have this problem?

I don't know about you but hamachi is very outdated software.

have you tried google?

>emulate legend of mana
>playing it on my laptop on my bed
>tugged myself under blanket
Why is it so comfy?

OK. Thanks for the advice.

how long does mame take to compile on a i5 2.4ghz with 8gb ram?

>shaders haven't worked for me in RA since 1.3.2

Did something change or what? I apply them in the exact same way as before, but they simply do not work.

>trusting people that easily on Veeky Forums

How new are you here? Im just asking what is wrong with hamachi and if anyone can confirm if his method works for mhfu. The forum is for dissidia, what if it only works for that game

Yes I did but I honestly couldn't find anything

I need more comfy jrpg where i can play on my bed like etrian odyssey

Have you tried not being such an insufferable faggot?

I know how it can be insulting for the guy giving the advice (sorry btw user) but you can't trust people here that easily you know what I'm saying

He's our resident RTFM autist. I'd just ignore him. You prolly interrupted him in the middle of a BASH script jackoff session

I've had it for months and have absolutely no idea how to get rid of it.

I see that there's a new Mednafen HW core. It doesn't seem to do anything differently for me. Internal resolution increases still slow the game massively regardless of whether I choose opengl or software as the renderer.

Is that CRT Royale? Gimme settings bruh

So are some good Saturn emulators appearing after the drm thing last week?

I think you guys somehow created a playlist that isn't assigned to any console/core whatsoever, so RA doesn't know what icon to load and this black box shows up.

You expect too much too soon. The Saturn emu scene has been dead for so long that it will be a good while before devs gravitate to it, rhyphecha's rumored attempt notwithstanding.

It hasn't been finished yet and is here pretty much just for testing purposes right now, most games slow down heavily or are broken to various degrees so if you intend on just playing games use something else.

If you ask me, devs' time and energy would be better spent attempting to multithread the software renderer so that accuracy can be increased yet more to fix the remaining few games with bugs. This fork's focus on bolt-plating hardware rendering onto the emu is like trying to turn an optical drive into an HDD- yeah, it's prolly possible, but...why?

Cab anyone test RE2 on the new ParaLLEl N64 core? Don't have a pc with me ATM.

It'll take awhile. Also bypassing the CD unit seems like it's better for flash cards and such, less so for emus. Still that guy who did it is a piece of work. Somehow just deciding on a project like that just due to wanting to fool around with its sound system and going in there and getting shit done, although as he said he did have documentation from the emu community and the like about what they thought things did.

>tugged
I'm sure you meant 'tucked', but the idea of someone getting off on being comfy is pretty funny too.

There was a blank file in the playlists folder called 'empty' that seemed to be causing it. It was in the latest build even when I added nothing to it.
I feel so stupid for not checking there first.

Sorry to bump but does anyone know?

No, he's his one true love

Interlacing screens fucked up but it runs with synchronous RDP on.

Once interlacing is fixed in paraLLel in general, expect all interlacing issues to be gone in one fell swoop.

Looks like Exophase finally fixed Drastic on Android N.

I had refunded it at first because shit wouldn't pull up the file browser for roms.

>Android N
what device?

2014 Nexus 6. Running the Android N Beta.

romtohome.com/

Is this site legit?

The files are hosted on a paid download site from the looks of it.

Since I've never heard of it I'm wary

I downloaded an NDS rom and it was legit. Looks like someone's trying to make money off scene stuff still.

I just looked at the Wii ISOs and they're too large to download for free.
Will add it to the wiki for cart games though.

maybe cxd4

Any NTSC or NTSC-like shader that works on RA ps3?

which nes emulator has the best sound emulation?

Probably this. :v)

The RA port is in serious need of fixing, but you're not going to get PSX running with anything but Sony's emulator.

I was playing Xenoblade on Ishiiruka Dolphin706 and I suddenly got this. What does it mean?

Probably a random desync from using Dual Core mode.

I noticed. I'm running 1.2.2 beta 7 for SNES though, works great but now I want ...
PSX with shaders is probably impossible on PS3 right now.

Ah, I've been playing the game fine for a week, and then this just happened. It's not happening anymore, but it caused Dolphin to crash.

Do Vulkan/DX12 backends on Retroarch, PPSSPP, Dolphin etc. give a noticable performance boost?

Are there any bugs as a result?

For Dolphin, I got a huge boost on Pandora's Tower with DX12, no idea if the same applies for the others.

Does DeSmuME libretro still only support software or does it support opengl now?

You wont see much of a performance boost with RetroArch (unless you're using a core that utilizes Vulkan) as it's already very low overhead, but it does help reduce input lag. For the rest, yes. Around at least a 10-20% boost, maybe more depending on the game/GPU/emulator.
>Are there any bugs as a result?
Some implementations aren't complete yet and are buggy or missing features. Vulkan on RetroArch is complete and doesn't introduce any issues AFAIK (even fixes a performance issue with multi-monitor setups that happens with OGL). Dolphin isn't even in master yet and is missing features and settings needed for some games. And last I checked PPSSPP was missing one setting that was needed for some games.

Don't use the stable versions

Does anyone know if its possible to convert the drastic ds save files into other formats? I have some old as fuck files from 2014 which apparently don't work with their newest version because they use different BIOS in their emulator. Was hoping I could recover those saves somehow by converting it to something that desume can use

is there a rom I can use to test whether I have jerkey scrolling with snes with retroarch? I'm trying mario world on bsnes and snes9x next and both seem to stutter slightly when Im running at a constant speed.

>Drastic
You deserve whatever happens to you

240p Test Suite

Nevermind, this didn't work previously but apparently just changing .dsv to .sav makes it usable on desume.

I only did it because back then I had to kill time somewhow and a shitty phone was the only way to do it. Plus a good friend of mine loved AW days of ruin so we played multiplayer against one another all the time. Well problem is solved I think I'll go kill myself now.

yucky

>Quality SP GUI engineering
top kek

>replying to your own post

epic

Every time I try to open the menu in Ocarina of Time, ParaLLEl crashes. The Libretro page about the update says "Note – for both Majora’s Mask and Ocarina of Time, it is required to enable ‘Synchronous Sync’ so that the subscreen works correctly.", but I don't see this as a core option.

>240p Test Suite
but the scroll test doesn't have an audio so wouldn't that change things?

????????????

No. The SNES core always outputs audio samples, even if they are silent.

doesn't dynamic rate control have to do with changing the pitch of the audio to get smooth scrolling?

Aren't there any NTSC-ish Cg shaders? If it's not too intense you can run it on there.

It's not crt-royale. It's CRT-Geom with NTSC shader.
mega.nz/#!NpUzGapC!zu81Z_ekohz2LY-U-BAyOS7gkeqQO9nN0nM-swnkGEQ
Here's the one I'm using right now. Make sure to edit paths according to yours.

Also, which one looks better in the image?

left

>The buttons in the HUD
what the fuck

Got proof?

Read the post above yours. It's always outputting audio regardless.

Both look terrible.

Putting a screenshot of a completely different scene huh? Pretty good.

Left looks better, but only because it has richer colors.

>toon shader
Ugh

It looks better with vanilla textures though.
The Twlight Princess HD textures are so fucking yellow.
Which texture pack is this? Or is it vanilla?

This is... the power of Vulkan

There is people who play Twilight Princess like this.

Left has better darks but right looks alright too

yucky

What game is this?