/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /gwt/)

Free Man Edition

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com

Blood & Wine and patch 1.22 is released!
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU
Launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG.pdf

HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands Currently broken
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw
youtube.com/watch?v=KGidrgHrPGU
youtube.com/watch?v=TJyJTn06NZM
youtube.com/watch?v=UENb3lLSQho
youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU
forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/113951-Is-CDPR-moving-in-the-wrong-direction?p=2716171
youtube.com/watch?v=pU3pTyh_nEw#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that only you can prevent Waifuization

I'm more concerned about her chest clipping through her clothes tbqh

Fuck that clipping and fuck Radovid.

Why is Yen's star so important? Is it mented somewhere?
I remember she touches it when nervous, irradiates magic and someone (Francesca?) said that stripping her from it would be too humilliating.

Go plow yourself radovid

>I'm more concerned about her chest clipping through her clothes tbqh
Waifuization steals resources from other aspects of development, like rats in a granary. What you see is a direct result of Yennefer's waifuization.

>Why is Yen's star so important? Is it mented somewhere?
It's strongly implied it's some kind of magical focus that increases her power.

FINAL WITCHER 3 POWER RANKINGS

Approved by:
Damien Monnier - CD Projekt RED Lead Designer
Marcin Momot - CD Projekt RED Community Lead
Mateusz Toaszkiewicz - Lead Quest Designer of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Marcin Iwinski - Founder of CD Projekt
Andzrej Sapkowski - Creator of The Witcher

>Literal Goddess tier
Yennefer
Ciri
Priscilla
Rosa var Attre
Sweet Nettie

>Great tier
Anarietta
Cerys
Ves
Fringilla Vigo
Tomira
Edna var Attre
Irena Rinarde
Astrid The Vipress

>Okay tier
Philippa Eilhart
Shani
Lady of the Lake
Iris
Tamara Strenger
Corinne Tilly
Anabelle
Vivienne de Tabris
Eveline Gallo
Sile de Tansarville
Astrid of Lofoten

>Mediocre tier
Syanna
Keira
Skellige Succubus
Yoana
Sasha
Ida Emean aep Sivney
Bea

>Awful tier
Louisa La Valette
Salma
Margarita Laux-Antille
Sarah
Birna Bran
Vienne
Elsa
Ingrid Vegelbud
Patrica Vegelbud
Jutta an Dimun (nice voice actress, though)
Little Red
Gran
Witch of Lynx Crag

>Shut The Fuck And Stop Saying I Forgot Her tier
Amrynn

>/v/ Shitposting tier
Brewess
Weavess
Whispess

>Literal Shit tier
Triss

You put entirely too much thought into this.

>Yen already has reason to be in the game at that point though, Triss does not.
Triss has a reason. Her lover(or a very close friend) and his adopted daughter(who she also knows well) are in danger, naturally she wants to help them.

>Because they chose to write it that way.
Well, that's not really a strong argument, they could have wrote the game in a variety of ways, but I'm talking from the perspective of how things are in the final version. And Fringilla and Rita simply don't care for Geralt the way Triss does and wouldn't jump to risk their skin for him. Triss was already established as a major character in the previous games and someone who cares deeply about Geralt.

What does Triss bring to it in TW3 that no other character could, besides that you like her?
We are entering personal preference realm here, but lets just say, she was a main romance option in the previous games and carrying that romance means a lot to me as someone who pursued it from the beginning and wanted to see it's conclusion. Tehy have a lot of history together, much more than Ves, Shani....

>And the entire argument is over whether that was a good choice by CDPR or not.
I think it was, but that is my subjective opinion. Objectively, it makes sense they did, becasue they already did two games with her and the player who played and enjoyed them deserve a closure.

What did CDPR mean by this?

>Triss has a reason. Her lover(or a very close friend) and his adopted daughter(who she also knows well) are in danger, naturally she wants to help them.
You're just not getting it at all. We know Triss's motivation. Why does the STORY need her there, is the question.

>Well, that's not really a strong argument
But it's the one you're using over and over again without realizing it.

Post god-tier soundtracks

This game's music is criminally underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ

>Objectively, it makes sense they did, becasue they already did two games with her and the player who played and enjoyed them deserve a closure.
That explains why she should be in Novigrad to wrap up her arc. Not why she should continue to be a love interest or remain in the game afterwards.

Still unsurpassed as an area theme: youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw

>Damien Monnier
>Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz
>Marcin Iwinski

youtube.com/watch?v=KGidrgHrPGU

Please, you're embarrassing yourself

And they complained when their forums descended into waifu wankery. They brought this on themselves.

posting best theme here
youtube.com/watch?v=TJyJTn06NZM

memes

youtube.com/watch?v=UENb3lLSQho

>Why does the STORY need her there, is the question.
I don't see what kind of divine reason do you need. She doesn't have to be there, the story could have played out differently, it could have played out differently. However, from a perspective of someone romancing her it makes all the sense she is, considering her relationship with the main character. I'm not saying she is crucial, but her role makes sense.

>But it's the one you're using over and over again without realizing it
No, I am talking about the things CDPR put in the game, you are talking about the things they could have, but didn't. There is a huge difference. They could have put Fringilla or Yen or whatever, but they didn't. From the story perspective, Triss is the only one in Novigrad, therefore it makes prefect sense she is there to help.

>Not why she should continue to be a love interest or remain in the game afterwards.
That's up to each individual player to decide, you feel she shouldn't be a romance interest, that's fine. I think she should, so I chose that and as a consequence her being around makes perfect sense.

>However, from a perspective of someone romancing her it makes all the sense she is, considering her relationship with the main character. I'm not saying she is crucial, but her role makes sense.
So her only role after Novigrad is as waifufodder. Thank you.

nothing beats banana tiger
youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU

>banana tiger
fuck now I can't unhear this

Song of the Sword Dancer is better

It's actually not that hard.
Got myself all five sets right now.
Only problem is the enchanted dimeritium plate, but it's manageable since you can craft the dimeritium ores and green gold ores (for orichalcum ores). It takes a lot of crafting back and forth, and it's fairly expensive, but if you've done a fair share of looting you should be able to sell equipment and other shit to easily earn 40-50k.

>vampire captures kills tons of people indiscriminately
>this draws attention
>vampires decide to severely punish him
>punishment requires capturing and killing tons of people indiscriminately

Blood and Wine pls

pls Bloood and Wine

>So her only role after Novigrad is as waifufodder. Thank you.
No, that is only one of the reasons, I already talked about how it makes more sense for her to contact Philippa, how she is needed for the final battle, and the important role she played in the KM battle, I would just be repeating myself. We can't really reach an agreement, we just see things differently.

I want to finger Shani

You've been doing this for over an hour and you still haven't understood the original point of contention at all.

My only point is, the way story is currently presented in TW3, Triss' presence makes perfect sense, post Novigrad included. Yes, they could have wrote it without her, but that is not the point I'm arguing.

forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/113951-Is-CDPR-moving-in-the-wrong-direction?p=2716171

Autist protests CDPR with stupidly long manifesto, make your voice heard, /wtc/. All 5 of you.

Reminder that when using Bear School gear, Geralt is LITERALLY wearing a skirt.

Feline armor is the much more sensible choice design-wise, also lore-wise, since Geralt has never been a heavily armored tank in the books, but rather a quick and agile fighter.

>Geralt is LITERALLY wearing a skirt.
Skirts have been men's clothing in a variety of cultures for millennia. Roman legionaries wore leather skirts into battle.

I like the look of it

I also enjoy Rend, the big numbahs and (to a lesser extent) being pretty much invulnerable with 95% DR

>not wanting to wear a skirt

Rend is underrated as hell.

Transvestite Geralt is canon as of TW3.

transphobic piece of shit

so the only way to get viper school gear is to buy the diagram's from the old lady at the borsodi auction?

don't try to hide it.

Rend is great if you buffer it from dodges.

With Severance it might as well turn your sword into a sniper rifle

Obtaining one of the swords depends on a specific choice you can make in the main story.

i know that, yet i heard that it's possible to obtain armor diagrams from vesemir's former lover. is that true?

my favorite is the novigrad/oxenfurt stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=pU3pTyh_nEw#

Yes.

Yes, it's true.

what? you get the steel sword in the vault and the silver sword in the puzzle world.

:3

She looks kinda down.

because it's tough being an empress

If you choose not to fight Gaunter, you can't obtain the silver one because you don't get to do the puzzle world.

Because she's Philippa's puppet now.

If you don't fight Gaunter the sword is in a chest near Yantra where you met him after killing the Ofieri mage.

Whatever happened to Philippa after the ending, shame we don't get to see her fate.

You're kidding, right?
How fucking dumb is that...Jesus. After removing all missable Gwent cards, we now got this?

>Whatever happened to Philippa after the ending, shame we don't get to see her fate.
Sequel bait. She was originally to be captured, tortured, and executed by Nilfgaard but they cut that.

Oh shit, I never knew that, thanks for the info.

she gets burned to death. In the future, she becomes a martyr, Saint Phillipa.

>she gets burned to death. In the future, she becomes a martyr, Saint Phillipa.
Wikifag? She doesn't get burned to death.

Also, this absolutely-I'm-so-very-sure never happens anyway, since Ciri changed the world via timetravel.

missable items shouldn't be a thing, though if the item i s important like a unique sword

Yeah, I know that from the LotL, I would just like to have seen some closure in the game, and not just her but also Fringilla and Rita, I guess it's safe to assume Philippa meets her destined fate one way or the other.

I forgot how she was killed according to the books, but whatever. I know she dies and becomes a martyr.

But then again, maybe not. The games pretty much ignore the future laid out by the books.

>Also, this absolutely-I'm-so-very-sure never happens anyway
It could still happen later. Some stuff did.

It's not about missable items -it's about this Sword being a sort of reward for a tough choice you make.
You could as well say the endless wodka or scary saddle Gaunter offers you as a reward are "missable".

In the cut content, Yennefer made a deal with Emhyr where she gives them all members of the Lodge to be imprisoned or killed in exchange for help with the Hunt. Yennefer says Phillipa specifically would be executed. You can still hear about the deal in the game, but the rest of it was cut. There's a webm of her saying it though.

>The games pretty much ignore the future laid out by the books.
Morvran is still heavily implied to be the next Emperor, at least. Although they mysteriously cut almost all references to him marrying Ciri in the Empress ending.

>It could still happen later. Some stuff did.
I know. Just my headcanon, so, not entirely serious.

>I forgot how she was killed according to the books

Gets tortured to death in a gruesome way. Pretty heavy stuff.

What does Emhyr have against Phil? She never did anything bad to him..

>You can still hear about the deal in the game, but the rest of it was cut.
So much was cut I don't even know if that's referring to that anymore. But what else is her big sacrifice she refers to? Having to work with Emhyr at all? Promising to urge Ciri to see him?

Philippa deserves to die for being a ruthless, heartless, manipulating cunt, without any semblance of feeling for anyone and being prepared to hurt anybody she knows to draw some measly profit out of it for herself.
Though she is quite hot in the game.

they also changed the white frost from a natural cataclysm that isn't/couldn't be avoided to some magical stuff that is.

>What does Emhyr have against Phil? She never did anything bad to him..
She's a powerful independent sorceress with political ambition. That alone is not tolerated in Nilfgaard. On top of that, she turned Fringilla Vigo and Assire Var Anaheid spy.

Why is this allowed

>they also changed the white frost from a natural cataclysm that isn't/couldn't be avoided to some magical stuff that is.
I actually like CDPR's version better than the book version but I know that's heresy

>Papa (arm, sorry) - Emhyr deserves to die for being a ruthless, heartless, manipulating cunt, without any semblance of feeling for anyone and being prepared to hurt anybody he knows to draw some measly profit out of it for himself.
FTFY

>Why is this allowed
Because little girls love their papas.

"W-...will you kiss me, user?"

:3

>Though she is quite hot in the game.
All that just makes her hotter to me, to be honest. I may have issues.

This is so awful.
On the other hand, maybe it's just punishment for Geralt taking her there? "He is your father, after all."

>for himself.
Wrong, for his country and thus his subjects.Completely different story than Philippa.

When you say "love"....

No, but I'll write horrible depraved fanfiction about you and post it on the internet.

Well in a way yeah he's basically disowning her when he says Emhyr is entitled to see her simply by virtue of being her father, but this is going too far. Maybe doing it just completely broke her spirit and yeah, she actually has Stockholm syndrome. Cue creepy fanart of Ciri sitting at Emhyr's knee looking up at him adoringly.

>When you say "love"....
It is exactly what you mean...

any easy way to make money in BaW?

Kill bandits, sell their hugely overpriced swords.

I'm mostly bullshitting, really.
But Emhyr being a nice guy seems a weird sort of misconception some people seem to have.
He was ready to marry and fuck his own daughter, for example. He's really not holding back when his country is concerned!

Take witcher contracts and while haggling always go for the highest possible amount - the rich merchants and vineyard owners are always prepared to pay the full price for your services.

>But Emhyr being a nice guy seems a weird sort of misconception some people seem to have.
It's no longer a misconception. Ciri loves her Papa and is going to be the bestest Empress ever!

Just loot all the swords you come across, merchants are rich and you can get around 500 for each shitty sword. I payed of my grandmaster gear that way.

>He was ready to marry and fuck his own daughter
There is nothing wrong with that

>I just came from embassy. The Duchessa met with Emhyr.
>Oh, do tell! What happened?
>The meeting collapsed immediately. It seems that for some reason Emhyr brought his new Nordling concubine with him. She was still half dressed in some sort of enticing Northern Mercenary costume.

I have 108k right now can anybody top that?

>There is nothing wrong with that
Of course not. And my daughter-wife agrees with me there.

RADOVID SUCKS FLACID COCK

>triss shit tier

Sir I challenge you for the honor of my waifu

I should kill you just for liking Triss

I was weirded out that I had 20k at the end of the main storyline.
Geralt became a fucking rich witcher in my game.

Triss is in the absolute top tier, that guy has no idea what he's talking about.

that's nothing

Yen has a net worth of over 30m

Holy shit how did she get that, do advisors of kings really get that well paid or is she dealing fisstech on the side or something.

I had 800 because I spent all my money on witcher gear.

Here you go, pleb.