Wiki: subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Subnautica_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

trello.com/c/iwY6FWxX/5739-precursor-gun
steamcommunity.com/groups/subnauticageneral
youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

UPDATE WHEN

Come on you shitposters, i didn't creat this thread to be alone

I have nothing more to talk about. Truly, these are the end times.

>be watching the trello
>"Precursor_gun"
Nigger

Isn't it the weapon that shot down the Aurora?

I don't know.
trello.com/c/iwY6FWxX/5739-precursor-gun
Find out yourself

>WorldEntities
It is then.

Also
>Doodads
The fuck is this ?

Rate my Safe Shallows Outpost.
My Seamoth is parked in the giant coral tube

If you're knowledgeable about things,can you explain how some of those "hazard" plants are supposed to harm us ? Like the floating pods

They are supposed to explode according to the devs

>explode
as if we were not in enough trouble with all that want to already kill us
What about the barnacle suckers ? Would they suck too hard on us ?

Dunno, didn't found any info on that.

Ded again

Last bump before bed
Don't let it die you fucks

When the fuck is this game actually being released?

It is literally sitting in my steam not doing anything.

Hull damage detected

We shall perservere.

Posting concept art

We need spooky perilous sea anemone forest.

Maybe they latch onto your hull.

I more looking forward to expanded lava zones

Shilling
steamcommunity.com/groups/subnauticageneral

>2 members

>24 posts in 4 hours
At least try it

So I finally got around to building my cyclops and I'm terrified of going below 300m. It's really dark and there's bigger meaner fish down there

What do you even put in all those rooms

I'm building a hotel!

Is it a hotel for fish???

I find it less scary to just speed down to the ocean floor as fast as possible. If im just floating around in the open blue i feel vulnerable as fuck

is there much of a story to this game? the start seems to be pretty interesting but what happens after you crash?

can you explore the crashed ship? can you progress the 'story' in anyway?

Playing on Experimental now. Planning to build small outposts in each of the different zones. Has anyone else done this?

Here's my old base from my old game.

I usually slap a few small bioreactor/locker room buildings down deep so i can get some air, charge some stuff and store my shit.

But the cyclops does that too so...

Allegedly we should merge with /indie/ during these lulls in update

It's really enjoyable to watch people suffer through starting this game. I can only imagine how many people died before they put the medikit fabricator in the game.

The devs are delusional if they think they're done by August.

They dont. Theyve stated on the forums that release will likely be pushed back at least a few months. That post needs to be linked in the sticky so people will stop fucking citing the release date for "Sink!" arguments.

bump

Cozy little base. Nice and compact. 8/10 as far as early game bases go.

looks like a lactating breast, I am indeed turned on.

What movie?

Europa Report. Found footage space exploration film.

Looks awesome, going to watch right now.

Don't bother. That .webm is literally the only time you see the ayy.

>go around the map in Seamoth looking for Cyclops engine fragments
>end up in underwater islands by nightfall
>oh look, a wreck!
>exit Seamoth, start looking around
>hear a Boneshark wail from seemingly all directions
>shit pants
>this fucker comes at me
Looks like I have some urgent business back at my sandshark-infested Grassy Plateaus base, see you never.

This scream is the most terrifying thing in Subnautica, DOOK DOOK and Reaper growls have nothing on it. It's like Gyaos fucked a velociraptor and used nightmare fuel as lube.

DOOK DOOK

Oh shi--

Why is dook dook so far away from home?

>dat filename
muh nigga

does anyone have the screenshot of a seabase full of crabs

>The Abyss is on tv
>makes want to play Subnautica
>can't because of an unsolvable framerate issue
>have to wait and see if it gets fixed in an update
End my suffering.

Wonder when they'll put in their EMP blasts.

Oh shit, they're in the Lost River too?

>not making a point of bullying a dookdook into every biome with the repulsor cannon

>Driving cyclops
>have extreme fear of open water and large creature
>end up in abyssal territory
>there's a reaper

It's fine, I didn't feel like playing anyway. I don't care if it can't hurt me this shit triggers me.

youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

My heart goes DOOKi DOOKi

I DOOK you
You DOOK me
We are both big DOOKie

Tiny stomach for such a huge beast.

Kind of, there is story you can uncover but it's mostly a sandbox.
>can you explore the crashed ship?
Not yet but there are explorable outposts and base camps from other survivors.

They're faster and more likely to gang up on you, but their bite's no worse than a reaper. Difference is, they will fuck up your Seamoth if you let them. I've tried using lights to distract them, but I've found that there are just too many to effectively control in areas where I'd like to.

I just started the game yesterday and the only times I have died have been trying to get to the "heat signature" base and drowning. And that was only after 5 hours and having already built a couple bases and a seamoth.

There's a fucking floater stuck on my cyclops and I can't find; damn thing nearly floated 200m up and away from me. I can't even get to my engine room because it's vertically above the cockpit. Fuck my life. Guess I'll just wait until I hit the surface, then do a scrub.

Only a small portion of Aurora is explorable so far, but there is a plethora of big wreckage chunks scattered across the landscape.
I've built my base next to one and invited Mr. B. Ter to man our reception desk.

I fail to see how Reaper's -80% HP is good news.

Also, where do I find beds and LED lights? Wrecks are devoid of these items, and I can't realise my dream of building a detached, spread out base in the abyss without LED lights.

The smaller wrecks might have them. Check the wiki if they're still being elusive. Another thing may be that they're simply not spawning, might have to save and reopen the save to try to fix it.

Do you reccommend getting the pots and making aquariums and filters for easy edibles, or stick with hunting for fish and Airsacks?

For convenience a single lantern tree at base can handle all the food/water needs. I also like an aquarium full of reginalds and a water filtration machine since a couple cured reginalds and big filtered waters is useful to carry around on long explorations away from base/cyclops

What creatures should they make for the depths below 1700m if they do expand the game downward in the future?

I'd like to see something that mimics rock outcrops or mineral deposits and attacks when you try to pick it up. And bottom-feeders, obviuously

Those are cool. I'd like a large sea slug/snail-like thing that's like a cone shell, if you hang around in front of it too long or get too close to its proboscis, it harpoons you and tries to draw you into its expandable mouth. If you can cut its proboscis or struggle enough you'll escape, failure gets you slowly swallowed.

There's always a bigger fish.

I would rather have a polar region

Fuck me, I meant Stalker. I always get the edgy-named ones confused.

I'd like a proper giant squid. I won't be satisfied until tentacles smear mucus across the cockpit of my cyclops, not doing direct damage but dragging me below crush depth.

>MFW I have to deploy my exosuit to fight off a giant squid

something like the space worm in Empire that you can go inside of

That's on their list. Hopefully along with cold water that hurts you if you're in it too long without a proper thermal wetsuit.

And if it gets you while you're outside of the Cyclops?

Nah, just give it a stinger-like attack. IRL molluscs have hideously potent venom.

Something that neutralizes submarines and sub bases. Not a DOOK DOOK, but something smaller. Maybe a boneshark's deep cousin that is averse to strong light, but is drawn towards weak light sources. If you light it up with a flashlight, pointing directly at it, it'll recoil and stay just outside its range. If you light up a path on the surface with floodlights, it will stay just outside the light.
Or a deep floater that latches onto your base as a tiny spore, then, if you don't clean it off, it will mature and start either feeding off electricity or gnaw through the hull.
Jellyrays that emit radiation and are drawn to nuclear reactors. We don't have much use for a radiation suit at the moment. They also mess up your HUD and prevent you from seeing beacons.
A crabsnake variant that has an EMP attack that temporarily disables bases and subs.
Maybe some sort of a swarm of tiny fish that quickly whittles down your health, but can be scared away with flares and lights.
A big (2/3 of a reefback) northern pike/anglerfish hybrid that has a lure that looks JUST like a distant floodlight or LED light. Is that a base? Is that my Cyclops? NOPE!

My idea is that ultra-deep biomes should do a complete turnaround compared to early/mid-game. Bioluminescence is very limited, creatures are completely unused to bright light, are much less active (cold water and absense of food make fauna want to preserve energy, but makes them more viscious when there IS something to eat). Radiation jrays will make you rely on lights for coordination as well.
Deep biomes are very hostile and things you neglected up high - bulkheads, heat and light - are now vital. Structures to withstand such colossal pressure are very expensive, so making a self-sufficient farm/bioreactor setup is very hard.
If you don't have a PRAWN, you are dead, but the suit is not easy mode.

The ayy shouldnt be seen at all, really. If youre watching the film for aliens, youre watching the wrong film.

If anyone would repost this to UW's forums for me, I'd be grateful. My ISP is apparently handing me IPs previously used by botnets so I can't register there.

Well, it's still some scary shit. The sounds are worse than the actual attack. These insane motherfuckers jihad my Cyclops too.

Yes, and extreme cold should be a great danger down in the abyss. Increased food consumption, the need to heat up the base in order to walk around and grow plants is a factor too.

So many cool ideas. I'm hoping that the devs do incorporate at least some of them in one way or another.

What do I do with all this fucking salt the filtration machine gives me?

Make more water.

Cure food so it doesn't spoil.

Start playing Quake Live against pros.
Or make magnesium for...
Well, yeah, what for? It's used for a welder and that's it. I'd rather use crash powder for blasting doors in wrecks open and use magnesium for flares.
Maybe just use magnesium for white flares instead of red.

I just throw it away or season fish from containment.

Personally, I don't really care when they release.
I have fun with the game and just want them to keep adding more stuff. I don't even really care about the overarching story stuff.
Besides, I'm a dang dirty pirate anyway.

REALLY alien stuff since deep sea stuff is already pretty alien.

Eyeless things that have never felt the touch of daylight and don't need sight to find you.
Things that can blend parts of themselves with the sea around them to avoid detection.
A lot more weird tube-worm type stuff like in concept art since deep vents are the perfect place for them.
And of course REALLY big things that drift slowly through the open ocean and swallow up anything and everything that crosses their path, maybe even be able to go inside it.

Definitely more bottom feeders, there's like nothing now.

Have you seen the early concept image thing?

There definitely needs to be more bottom-swelling creatures that don't swim. Crustacean-like creatures and anemones and fish that sit and move around the bottom like stonefish and scorpionfish do in real life.

They'll be implementing the Rock Puncher after the game launches. I wish they'd work on the Scarab and put it in. The weird hermit crab-like thing would be cool for something inside deep cave systems and areas like The Lost River.

Was watching Markiplier's videos,a nd I noticed a couple of things about the Reaper Leviathian.

1. It will go after other creatures, in episode 31 he was trying to stasis rifle a Reaper and it was digging Sandsharks out of the sand and attacking them

2. The Repulsion Cannon will force it to release a Seamoth after it grabs it, so that's another way you can keep your Seamoth safe from harm

You're going to end up leaving most of it in the machine at a certain point; unless you do most of your ranging in your Seamoth, you won't need that much cured food, and if you can stay out of the radiation zone, your stillsuit is going to greatly reduce your need for water.

The exosuit is currently in-development, meant for high-pressure zones where other vehicles can't go. It'll be used for fighting off the Sea Dragon Leviathan, and hopefully punching giant squids.

>Have you seen the early concept image thing?
Not sure what you're referring to

They really need to make some things that take salt that aren't cured food and Magnesium, or make more things besides the Welder and Flares use Magnesium.

Some smaller shallower-water cephalopods would be cool too, like an octopus-thing that disguises itse;f as a rock and waits for you to pass it then attacks, and if you turn to fight it it retreats and hides again until you turn back around, hit-and-running until you leave its area or kill it.

I could imagine some huge deep-crawlers, maybe even with some difference like a mouth on the underside, that would be a threat equal to sharks.
Some smaller horseshoe crab-like things could be neat for bottom feeders that move along the sea floor.
Alien starfish things like could be really cool and creepy.
Or any of the various grabby-claw things from concept art.

There's an image of some pictures for inspiration and ideas for a potential polar region, you can find it on the wiki.

What about floating monsters ? Big jellyfishes ? ?

>big jellyfish

This is one thing that's needed, giant alien jellys that just float around and you have to be wary of their tentacles. Can come in groups if desired.

>i am already struggling to play the game
>i currently am discussing on what other terrifying monsters we need
Why am i like this

Anyone care for an alien/weird sea creature art dump since we're on the topic of creature ideas?