/fog/ - Fallout General

The time of waifus is upon us

>/fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

contests.nvidia.com/en-us/fallout4modcontest
mega.nz/#!fddFnbQA!QsIOH2M0nIkAUxdWWwV4-61W14PiQvWNC66WxXFoJAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post action

second for no

does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? same thing happens when I try to equip the ODST helmet. Just a blank message with no way to click out of it

Past few weeks my cycles basically been that I play Fallout New Vegas, see a mod for Fallout 4, install, get back into playing it and thoroughly enjoy the smoother gameplay and graphics and all that good stuff ... but after thirty minutes of wondering how I could have gone back to NV with how much better the game plays, I wander around a bit aimlessly, look at my questlog and just realize there's nothing in the game I really want to -do-.

Then I go back to playing New Vegas.

Bit odd because I know this is like the opposite experience a lot of people here seem to be having, but as much as I want to enjoy Fallout 4 I think I've already exhausted it of all the fun I was going to have with it.

Looks like it's going to be a close casket.

Daily reminder that synths are not human, they are Androids/Cyborgs depending on which definition you want to use.

only if you're a pussy

>playing FNV

this is a meme right? There's nothing to do

At the very least, settlement material gathering and building gives fo4 near infinite gameplay

Of course not, but they are classed as people/persons.

Real talk. Did the Institute actually give gen3 Synths realistic vaginas and dicks. Has another character besides possibly the SS tapped synth meat

post butts

Deacon.
So presumably yes, unless he's just so used to mangled ass wasteland pussy he couldn't tell.

Daily reminder that pooper a shit.

Probably a lot of people have banged Magnolia

I feel like they must've, since synths are intended to replace humans.

whats wrong with my textures

>Deacon is cool as fuck
>Tied to the worst faction

>There's nothing to do
This is a meme, right?

Is there a mod for New Vegas that adds a "Cards" section to the merchant/container screen? Having to meticulously scan a merchant's entire inventory for cards is a pain in the ass.

Even if the cards were put into the Misc. section it would be a lot better.

But Deacon's not with the BoS

Hey c'mon now. The Railroad is the new SJWs of the wasteland. They treat the Minutemen like racist rednecks for goodness sake

2/10

>unironically supporting fascists

The Brotherhood are everything the Enclave could have been if their "savior of humanity" shtick wasn't just bullshit used to justify FEV Curling-13.

>Everything I don't like is a fascist/nazi

this meme needs to die

Every faction except [insert faction I chose here] is tied for the worst faction.

This is Veeky Forums, remember? Everything is either absolute dogshit or the one good thing ever, no inbetween.

Liking more than one thing just means you have low standards. After all, they can't BOTH be the best, can they? Why would you settle for less than the best?

posted at end of last thread:

Started a new playthrough

When I go to activate the workshop in sanctuary it says "You need to clear the enemies from the location"

The last couple times starting the game I just had a couple bloatflies to kill... I've searched all of sanctuary... pretty sure I dont have to complete the other quests (go to diamond city etc)to get the workshop

There's radroaches in the house by the bridge

Try the "killall" command in the console. That should kill anything unseen that's in the area.

>Things I don't like need to die

Would you prefer gas chamber or oven, mein Führer?

>Lawful Good

Brotherhood of Steel

>Neutral Good

Atom Cats

>Chaotic Good

Minutemen

>Lawful Neutral

Vault 81

>Neutral

Diamond City

>Chaotic Neutral

Goodneighbor

>Lawful Evil

The Institute

>Neutral Evil

Gunners

>Chaotic Evil

The Railroad

I play on PS4 nowadays (please no PC master race stuff, I hear enough of it as it is), and I'm just waiting for mods to get to us so I can finally kill Marcy and Jun Long. And maybe Synth Shaun, because he's outlived his usefulness now that I have the Wazer Wifle. Ad victoriam. Also some new quest mods because the game is fucking barren at this point and Nuka World's the last DLC.

Swap BoS and Minutemen and its good

so is the dlc fun at all or is it not worth it, even for the extra workshop items?

>PS4
>wants mods
rip fampai

i've been in each house twice now pretty sure

did kill all a few times in the area, but ill try a few more time

this shit is a headache, thinking of just restarting since im near the start anyway

Seems like SJW gets thrown around a lot too when it should have no bearing. I mean the term itself seems to have lost meaning to a point where people will use it expressly to describe "Something I don't like and disagree with and if you like it then you support a group of morons".

I don't even LIKE the fucking Railroad since I prefer more jingoistic and pro-active groups like the Brotherhood (no matter how short-sighted their goals) just as a rule, simply because I find them more fun to side with... doesn't mean I'm going to label the Railroad the same as a horde of screeching, perpetually offended do-nothings as the denizens of tumblr.

Like it's gotten positively ridiculous, since just now I was reading a description on a game someone was saying they refused to buy simply because it came off as "Too SJW-like" due to an abundance of brown people... but it's set in A FANTASY MIDDLE-EASTERN SETTING.

It's hard to take any-fucking-thing anyone says here seriously because people on Veeky Forums and /v/ alike seem to have such a limited vocabulary or ability to express themselves that they'd rather toss a label on it that barely fucking makes sense. What term is there for a group of people that are perpetually offended by a group of people that are perpetually offended, anyway? Have we come up with one yet?

>Humans and Humans First
>Eradicate Ghouls
>Kill all super mutants
>Kill all Synths
>Murder anyone that has technology that we want
>Force settlements to provide food and other resources "by any means"

literally no faction is closer to fascism than BoS, that doesn't mean anything objectively but stop pretending its a bunch of nobile knightly Gary Stus

depends what you mean by realistic

you can call a dildo realistic, but I haven't heard of anyone getting pregnant from a dildo

any anons impregnated a fleshlight?

That's not the first time I've seen the Railroad compared to SJWs. I mean, yeah, the whole "rights for everyone" approach makes their mantra along the lines of social justice, but that's where it ends.

it's just part of the current lexicon for edgy contrarian children between the age of 12 and 30 along with tumblr, reddit and cuck

Railroad are complete morons

>There's humans dying left and right from sickness and famine, being captured by supermutants and eaten or mutilated, enslaved by gunners, killed and raped by raiders
>But fuck 'em synth rights matter more

contests.nvidia.com/en-us/fallout4modcontest

>Faction Housing only receiving around 40~ votes a day last week
>As soon as Vivid Weathers inches in by only a 100~ votes, Faction Housing receives 600~ votes in a span of 24 hours

This competition is either blatantly rigged by Nvidia or silently getting duped by Elianora's minions.

They want rights for what they consider to be "people" but get treated like mindless slaves (for no discernable reason either, since the Institute never provides an adequate reason for anything it does) because a majority of the Railroad's members seem to consist either of runaway synths (Glory), had close personal relationships with synths that were for all intents and purposes identical to humans (Desdemona as is implied, Deacon as is confirmed), or simply are paranoid conspiracy theorists looking to stick it to the Institute in any way possible (Tinker Tom).

It's hard to say they want or expect "rights for everyone" when Deacon can't even convince them to help ordinary people like the Minutemen do. It's easier to accuse The Railroad of being too limited in scope rather than too broad in it. And what they're looking for is not so much "social justice" as it is the downfall of a shadowy, impenetrable organization that just seems to cause a load of pain and misery for everyone.

... I still kill them every playthrough because I find them all annoying but then I'm just a fucking edgelord.

why do people care about this contest so much? you didn't enter and it's meaningless in the grand scheme of Fo4's modding timeline

Because people dislike dishonesty and corruption?

I think the RR is pretty cool. I just wish there were actual missions where you were a covert ops agent. Also, the 'secret signals' don't do much apart from a few locations with shit loot and in the main quest. The ending story was one of my favorites and reading the terminal afterwards solidified Deacon as my favorite companion. Also, RIP Glory

Honestly cannot see the appeal to mods

They all are immersion breaking as hell, low quality (i'd rather play chinese bootleg games)
Speaking of chinese, mods all to ever seem to rip off recognised brands RANGER DANSE LIGHTYEAR yeah big deal

Once Nuka world drops im dropping fallout like the hot piece of turd it is, Doesn't help this general is so shitty cannot talk about anything i'd rather have a conversation with a brick wall

Ok dudes and dudettes

I've asked Vioxsis on how to fix the hairs, and he told me he researched the problem for around two whole hours, and he finally showed me the solution:

BETHESDA for some reason uses less than half a byte of memory to remember vertex positions. So if a hair has a lot of polys / vertexes, it will not export properly from the program. For some strange reason, he has found out that the only fix for this is to load the default FO4 skeleton in 3ds along with the hair, and move it down -120.844 z and 0.882 y on the Root bone, which somehow cancels out the problem. The hairs and bangs issues have now been solved, and I can begin working on this full force again. I've already fixed a few of them now, and also possibly I can give some of them physics in OS, then fix them again in 3ds.

TL;DR - ANIMU HAIR MOD BACK ON TRACK

Well, yeah. Their idea of social justice (much like in the real world) is to protect what they perceive to be as a downtrodden minority (the synths). And also similar to the real world, it's mostly privileged types (humans) who are barging in and speaking on behalf of the minorities.

lmao gr8 b8

Fuck yes.

The glitch has also been fixed with this.

I brute force tested it by putting a crazy number of environmental lights near the hair. If this many lights doesn't cause it, I'm sure that most players will be fine.

It's upsetting to see 10k bucks go to someone who doesn't deserve a penny of it.

I have no problem with justice. Justice does not need a qualifier, though. The moment you start making exceptions and adding qualifiers to support an ideology, that is the moment you need to recognize that the ideology has flaws.

You can choose to ignore those flaws and continue supporting the ideology, you can choose to have the humility to recognize the flaws, or you can attempt to start over from the beginning and come up with an ideology that isn't flawed.

Hating slavery is a perfectly fine ideology. Giving synths special status in your anti-slavery agenda is 'problematic,' especially if your ideology is supposed to be egalitarian. You're making exceptions and adding qualifiers, so you should not get your panties in a twist when people point out the inconsistencies in your agenda.

You're reaching so far it's a wonder you don't throw your back out. Again, the Railroad at least has an excuse as most of them have been personally slighted by the Institute or otherwise have had some personal reason for wanting to help synths along. They didn't all lose a loved one they had no idea was a synth but it's kinda easy to sympathize with someone losing a wife or husband for no reason other than that they were different, and it makes it infinitely more difficult to compare them to a group that seems to pride itself largely on hating white people or anyone that isn't of a certain sexuality or has to make up imaginary friends and act like they're different personalities just to have someone that agrees with their shitty life decisions.

It's a threadbare comparison. The Underground Railroad upon which The Railroad was based was not made up of SJW's.

Can someone scam the shit out of this competition already and get another mod on top.

The problem is PS4's proprietary sound files, a lot of mods, especially quest mods, won't work until that issue is rectified

>The Underground Railroad upon which The Railroad was based was not made up of SJW'

But the circumstances of the world that the Underground Railroad existed in are not the circumstances of the world The Railroad exists in

Nor was the ultimate goal of the Underground Railroad to destroy Africa as a giant fuck you to the transantlantic slavery market

I tried voting via tor, most of the IP's I tried were already registered by the site. Took me 10 attempts to lodge one vote.

It's not my agenda, user, and don't talk about my panties when you haven't even bought me dinner. I practically never join the Railroad excepting one time just to get The Deliverer, but nevertheless in a setting where robots have personalities and AI's seem to develop sapience and sentience and all that other good shit it's pretty easy to see how the lines might blur for some people.

But again, this is me playing Devil's Advocate because they probably rank right at the bottom for my least favorite "faction" in Fallout 4. Again, personal reasons. I don't have a hard time seeing how they COULD exist or how some of their members would have the ideals that they do, because it's entirely possible to understand someone's ideology without agreeing with it.

Sometimes, that's what makes burning it to the ground more fun.

Couldn't figure it out on your own, huh? :^)

The Underground Railroad was entirely made of slaves helping each other out of necessity.

The handful of synths working as part of the Railroad makes for an even worse comparison. Desdemona and her ilk exist to help what they perceive to be as an indentured minority.

The fall of the Institute I'd say is less of a priority. Think of it this way: if the Institute is gone, that would be the end of synths. So in effect, wouldn't that be its own form of genocide?

It's almost as if having an actual fanbase of dutiful minions is more powerful than a disorganized band of anons who don't really give a shit

Absolute madman

Well shit.

>The Underground Railroad was entirely made of slaves

fucking wow

Is this what American public education has led us to?

>tfw you will never join the gunners
>tfw the best you can do without mods is a half-assed militarized minutemen

I really hope nuka world helps facilitate my hopes of joining (or effectively RPing) as a member/leader of best faction.

>have every settler/minuteman in my settlements wearing pretty much the same shit gunners outfit themselves with
>minuteman patrols still wear shitty rags and use maximum pleb energy weapons
probably the biggest disappointment in FO4 for me, since I don't really like any of the factions and their exchanges with the SS. Minutemen would've probably been okay, if they weren't so useless at everything and crying about settlements every 5 minutes.

>The Underground Railroad was entirely made of slaves
No.

Not even remotely.

And yeah their endgame doesn't make a lot of sense unless you try to get extra bullshitty with just what they were trying to accomplish, but I'm going to take a stab at it anyway and say that in the end they were probably fat less concerned with synth lives than they were with removing the invisible yoke that the Institute kept around the collective necks of the people of the Commonwealth with its mere existence.

Can you link me your body preset? I might make some personal adjustments to the breasts.

>The Underground Railroad was entirely made of slaves helping each other out of necessity.
uwot?
sure there were escaped slaves in their ranks but there were plenty of non slaves in the organization

Ive a few questions for FShelter.

How do I get more dwellers? I thought the radio station is a guaranteed dweller but I just realized it's chance.

Is sexing up the dwellers the faster way to get more dwellers?

How do I get lunchboxes? All the things I get from achievements are just caps.

Im playing on android btw because my pc is not with me currently.

>How do I get lunchboxes?

$$$$$

>I might make some personal adjustments to the breasts.
>tampering with Buff's perfection

>handing him monopoly money

mega.nz/#!fddFnbQA!QsIOH2M0nIkAUxdWWwV4-61W14PiQvWNC66WxXFoJAM

I don't think I'm gonna give any more ETAs in case something happens, but I would be surprised if this all took me longer than 4-5 days. I kinda wanna get this done before Friday, as thats when Starbound 1.0 comes out. I really wanna play that!

pretty sure there is some hack or exploit to get gorillions of lunchboxes on demand since beth can't into coding or some shit.

Not you personally. Just 'you' in the general sense.

I recognize the world often does not deal in absolutes. I recognize that ideologies that deal in strict absolutes are often dangerous.

However, I have little tolerance for special pleading and exceptions, particularly in matters of justice. "The rules" should apply to everyone equally. Tipping the scales of justice in someone else's favor does not correct injustice, it perpetuates it.

I feel the Railroad would be a 'better' faction if they were:

a) explicitly anti-Institute and freeing synths was just a means to an end

b) explicitly anti-slavery and the local group had a focus on synths, due to the local synth 'slave' market

c) an Institute controlled opposition group. Useful idiots that did not realize the Institute was playing them and using them to counter 'real' opposition to the Institute's schemes.

So, is every dlc released now? Are there any "real" mods now? Can i go back and play or wait a bit?

Vault-Tec in 26th of current month is the next DLC.

Nuka World last DLC

2 dlc to come

Build-a-vault and theme park adventure

>c) an Institute controlled opposition group. Useful idiots that did not realize the Institute was playing them and using them to counter 'real' opposition to the Institute's schemes.

This is my headcanon

They're pretty fucking inept as it is

Positivism only works with perfect laws, though.
No man-made law is perfect.

Did you see that mammary intercourse animation on Loverslab? When I saw it, I knew you'd be the most into it.

Didn't see it

I've only been going to LL lately to talk to Vioxsis anyway

>My Institute character can finally build settlements that look like they were created by a high tech character thanks to VTW

There's like 80 mods like that already though

You have all these locations around the Commonwealth that might one day rise up and challenge the Institute's control over the area.

Ronto to the north, the Capital Wasteland and the Pitt the the southwest. Who knows what else. The Railroad has been smuggling 'escaped slaves' into these regions for over a decade. Sleeper agents just waiting to be activated.

Cold War tier shit, senpai.

My waifu is a really cool warrior! I want to cuddle with her and squeeze her big body!

This is an absolutely amazing idea. If you get almost through the story with Institute ending, and they pull a dystopian society kind of 'You never had any power in the first place.'

Let's say that happens and you and a couple of RR guys weren't in on it. You can band together and take out the Institute together.

I feel ya.

You want to talk about law, in the wasteland?

You're better off reading Hobbes...or Sartre.

>Even daring installing mods or using console commands when the game is still riddled with technical bugs