/mcg/ - Minecraft general

I hate you all Edition

Previous bread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
twitter.com/FyberOptic/status/755144204985241604
pastebin.com/eXLn5WHL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for greg

second for weebshits got btfo

last for ded general

DAE add ex nihilo/astris to modpacks? i like automating it i guess and mining is boring af

Sometimes I add them for simple things like what you can do with the barrels, or getting silkworms for a solid earlygame string source. I normally disable crucible and sieve. Ex astris I'll usually only add if I'm doing bees, since it adds recipes for some hives that are fucking hard to find sometimes.

yes, with extremely nerfed drop rates and with required self-imposed autism, i.e. actually have to build an aesthetic mineshaft, put the generation at the bottom hidden behind a wall or some shit (to pretend the mine is actually producing resources) and then carry the resources to be processed elsewhere
it's supposed to be an endgame alternative to bloating up my world size

dead general
thanks for stagnating our community, 1.7.10

GRAAAAAAAAG

>dae

Depends on what you're going for.
I've done a few run-throughs where I completely disabled oregen and then use the ex's to facilitate all my production.

people go a bit insane trying to minetweak everything to fit in with their main mod..

>1.2 amazing
>1.3 shit, people think modding will die
>1.4 bretty good again

>1.7.10 bretty good
>1.8 shit
>1.9 kinda shit, people think modding will die
>1.10 still kinda shit, modding literally dying

doesn't look good mates

So is it hopping around and rewriting your mods entirely every other month that "kills modding :'(" or is staying on one version?
Make up your minds faggots

Compare the right-most column.

Also, another Bukkit dev.
>Erik 'Grum' Broes is a game developer at Mojang AB. He was originally hired to develop the official modding API and maintain the Minecraft server.

>why do you keep eating stale bread? don't you want new bread? my bread is so much better, because it's newer
>"but that's uncooked dough..."

>"people want bread, so start making some"
>get first batch of dough ready to cook
>"no, no, no - people don't want that type of bread anymore. make different bread!"
>cycle repeats

I'm pretty happy with the stale bread that is 1.7.10 - because at least I have bread

>food analogies
ebin

it doesn't help that vanilla keeps regressing every version

baby zombies, zombie swarms ignoring spawning rules, witches spawning outside their biome (swamps), pockets of lava in the nether, silverfish in any mountain, the A* pathing, machinegun skeletons, etc etc etc

that's outdated. they also hired searge and profmobius who work on MCP.

yet there will never be a modding API.

It's not outdated, I just haven't capped all employees, as they are irrelevant and don't do jack shit.

But look at
>??? PROFIT
>True story.
>Coincidence?
vs
>He's also a redditor!

Did you dumb faggots let another thread die? Jesus Christ...

Maybe if people stopped complaining about vanilla, Sphax and console players, we would have enough posters at night.

1.10 has some pretty sweet mods desu, the simple versions of AE2 are much more balanced towards fun, and Tinker's is really good on 1.10. Still waiting for Agricraft though.

>MAWPC storage
>MAWPC weapons
>good
1.10fags, everybody

>ae2
>mawpc

You do realize how resource intensive it is and how much autism it takes to establish a significant network, right?

>desu
When will gookmoot remove those shitty filters?

Is the chunkworld user anywhere around the place?
Or does anyone know where can I get his world so I could take a closer look at his builds?

I hope he never does
just because it upsets you senpai

It was fun at the beginning, now it's plain annoying. Just like roody-poo, PENIS and all the others, senpaiília.

Fucking hell. What do the AE recipes look like if Storage Drawers is this bad?

no gregtech for 1.10
wont play until greg updates

Is there any way to copy-paste text onto signs? I want to use a special letter (ò) but I can't seem to copy and paste it onto a sign, or use the alt-codes.

I think I might have fucked up somewhere along the way...

I mean, those compacting drawers are fucking my shit up. I'm gonna shove em in the last millenium and pipe the sieve drops through with an ender chest. I think. Is there anything less laggy than item nodes? My potato isn't even trying anymore, this ten fps shit has me suicidal.

Pretty much.
The current "list of mods, modders, resource packs and everything else that is allowed for discussion" is so tight that this is all you get for a public that fits criteria.
Barely enough to pull this cesspool from p10 with empty bump every other time

>sphax

Why don't you just not use the filtered terms and ignore posts that use them?

They're Facebook-tier terms and should at the very least be discredited as such, to be quite honest, family.

halp pls ;_;

mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
Download link is somewhere in description of "The Complete ChunkWorld".

download moarsigns fag

rip u

i don't think there is a way to do what you want with vanilla signs.

thank you based user

thanks senpai

IntelliInput allows copy-paste. NihongoMod and MinecraftIM allowed it, from what I remember
I dunno about CocoaInput and TorimaInput
but copy-paste support tend to be standard for the various nip IM mods

>run Linux VM on phone
>use Wine inside VM
>install Minecraft
>install 100 mods
>use Soratex modpack
>fire everywhere as the casing melts
help

It's a okay start to full automation, not terribly happy with it though. I think I'll move the crusher to another building and set up some kind of sorting operation before transferring materials between buildings on some kind of elevated conveyor belt.

Resources are crazy tight right now though.

stop playing videogames on the kitchen microwave

But it has eight cores and a 4k display. It's better than my toaster of a computer.

not after you run it through a VM and compatibility layers. phone CPUs don't have virtualization technology.

About what you'd expect.

Installing IE into blightfall is starting to pay off at long last. :D

You don't need Wine to play Minecraft.

I have one last question
how do I install Moarsigns? I've never used mods before

Is there any place that has skins that aren't autistic?

mspaint
make your own

install curse

you're next question is going to be about your world save but fuck you man i'm not answering that one

>install curse

Install multiMC.
Curse launcher might make things easier but it's a shit.

Are there any mods adding teams, clans, factions or nations for multiplayer needs?
Also, are there any claim or protection mods, or should I look at plugins?

why do you want any of those things

Making a serb. There's SpongeForge, but I was wondering if there was any mod with such functionality, possibly for 1.7.10.

but factions is shit and most serbs that use it are shit.
going with some kind of hybrid bukkit serb, which is what I assume spongeforge is, would probably be your best bet if you want to eat shit though.

>tfw you have a great idea, and 2/3 of the way through you realize just how badly you fucked it up

I agree that Factions are shit, but there are better alternatives (in form of plugins). There only seems to be no Forge mods doing anything like that.

No, you misunderstood, the entire idea of factions, and what have you is shit.
I don't think any mods would do them simply because it's always been a thing that plugins did.

FTBUtil's has space claiming and teams and shit

Do you guys have any vanilla server you play on?

no, vanilla a shit.
I think s4s has a vanilla serb.
Also there's the civ/pol/int/craft serb I think.

how do I setup pipes to transport directly to storage drawers?
also how the fuck do I use controller slave I dont understand how to use them

>put controller slave next to drawer/trim
>pump shit in
it's that easy. Might need a drawer controller though.
make sure to lock your drawers or they'll get filled with random shit

>started up some more Minecraft recently
>just came upon some more meth today for the first time in a year
Wait, this is a dangerous combination. I'm not sure if I want to get back into the game now, I might never come out.

Why would you take meth when Ritalin is easier to get, and safer?

>ever installing aids that gives ftb staff custom badges on any server they log into

Does the slave works for getting shit out by hand or by pipes or only for introducing shit on it.

not actually sure.
You can however just hook up a ME storage interface or a practical logistics node and inventory reader and access the whole inventory.
I think logistics pipes also works.

S4s has got a vanilla serbian?

Logistics Pipes and Project Red pipes work as well. Bear in mind that with those two they only see 64 at a time instead of the raw numbers (like PL and AE can)

esforescraft I think.
I believe it's still up.
Might have a few plugins.

LP works as it should with compacting drawers, at least. I can confirm this because I just set them up in my world a few days ago.
Haven't checked if they're any different with normal drawers but I'd assume they aren't.

cheersbigears

Which one looks better for the roof?
Dark oak or spruce?

FyberOptic is adding connected textures to 1.4.7 Chisel. Just letting you know.

twitter.com/FyberOptic/status/755144204985241604

Are you connecting to the drawers themselves or the controller?

I made my own shitty version of the Power Cube.

I'm sorry....

To a controller.

there isn't even a chisel for 1.4

Then I guess ProjectRed is the anomaly.

You did gud. I'd suggest using Covers instead of full blocks and Pyrotheum

I use Growable Ores sometimes because finding more of the same thing is boring af.

Mining is cathartic and relaxing.
You have shit taste.
Get autism.

I only grow a small amount, I still have to mine and collect ender pearls to meet my needs, but I don't feel as if I'm completely wasting my time.

Also with Thaumcraft/Botania you can alchemy up shit anyways.

Ok...
So my world got corrupted and I tried using my backups but it keeps with the corruption.
It happened after I tried to install EIO on my pack and Practical Logistics if that helps.

are you sure that it's corrupting and not something else?
corrupting is when you no longer can select it from the select screen.

>copy and save the chunks you care about
>make new world with same seed
>unfuck your mods
>save chunks into new world

Its not corrupted but It says It might get corrupted level.dat is used, and continuing might corrupt. I try to continue and it crashes.
I have tried several times tho and also tried unstalling the mods I just added.

Sorry lad, don't know how to help.
Worst problem I've had is a really fucking annoying everything flicker.
Maybe some more information.
Are you using a pre-made pack, or one you made yourself?

>Botania

Might go and ask in leddit.
Its a made by myself but mostly a few techmods plus lots of decoration mods.

>no logs
it's like you don't want to be helped

I was actually just gonna post them right now
pastebin.com/eXLn5WHL

>remove computercraft
>restart world
>all computercraft stuff gone
>re-add computercraft if you want, or get opencomputers.
You aren't using chickenchunks by any chance, are you?

From my little comprehension of how to read crash reports but seeing so much the word computer I also thought it could be that but I was more into thinking that it was IE as its kinda buggy most of the times.
No I dont use Chickenchunks why?

motherfucker it's 100% computercraft