Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs is out!
-Kiranico and MHX Dex updated

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3BBjWBhF
siliconera.com/2013/08/23/capcom-says-currently-no-plans-for-monster-hunter-4-on-playstation-vita/
youtu.be/scD0gsGDxcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SEEEEE YAAAAAAA

>How do I get my hands on the leak?
pastebin.com/3BBjWBhF
All info including save transferring is here

First for Bankai

you're favorite weapon is shit

Any way to rename a palico already hired?

>Spamming cause new thread

For all you hunters with slippery slide pads.

Buy some Cyber Gadget Slide Pad Covers and thank me later

Fit well on the CPP XL too

>add-on for an add-on
now this is marketing

>After 3 days, hunter still stuck at HR1, still with Petrified Sword Lv2
Wow I literally forgot how to play this fucking game

>marshlands
>volcano
>dunes

Who wanted this shitty flat grey/brown mess back?
Those from tri are way superior.
I'm sick of seeing these maps at this point.

>using a never ever again monster in OP

>Not seeing anymore perfect boomerang palicos
I already have 2 that just need levels but it would be nice to have gotten ones that weren't pink and ugly as shit

>best monster will never return
I killed him so hard in 3U that he'll never be back.

HR1 lobby where?

>my first nyanta hunt
damn this shit's fun

>Best monster

Fuck you.

fuck you m8, I will (easily) concede dunes but the other two are great

Anyone up for unlocked HR turn?
I sure hope it will be a different crowd today

Hey-ho, Hunterino!

Any SnS's that are currently standing out above the rest? Is raw still a good go-to?

It took me several hours just to get a group who could help me complete my Blangonga urgent.

xth for How to unlock Handicraft Jwl 2 and 3?

Narga's

The funny thing is how he's lacking a reference in Generations. Even Shen has a fossil

Juat solo or 2 man it niga

I thought about going with a para IG so I can para and mount the monster every hunt when I play with my friend.

Does para on IG work good?

that fucker was by far the hardest thing ive fought so far. Finished village and im at hr3 now.

flamin' hot jho weapons are pretty good

>being a carried shitter

>urgent
>online
Neo-/mhg/

Is anyone willing to host HR1 keys, or will I have to venture into pub-land?

requesting the perfect fighter cat's hex values for the java mhx save editor

Guys why does Yukumo Chief talk like she does? Is there some context I'm missing or something?

The way she talks comes off as astoundingly arrogant and it's obnoxious. Is that intentional or is it something else

it's just your autism

Maybe I'm just too used to Rajang in 4U, and the fact I fought Blangonga in MHO but the only thing I thought fighting him in Generations was that they finally made his lunge an actual attack and not an animation that just doesn't matter.

I do admit to having missed Blangonga, and would have preferred he be in 4U over Congalala, but still he's a tad dull. At best, he's an upgrade over his Freedom Unite self where he previously had a useless attack, but I don't personally see the difficulty in the fight

>2 Khezu key quest
>Both in same zone
>dungbomb one
>they both just sit there screaming 3, 4, 5 times in arow
>dungbomb the other since first wont leave
>now they're both sitting on opposite sides of the room alternating between shitting themselves with lightning and vomiting lightning across the room
>10 minutes have passed and they are still doing it
>One of them finally leaves and goes to a cave zone
>proceeds to scream 3 times in a row, then do 6 lightning tackles in a row and kill me because I can't stand up faster than him being able to hit me again, and the one time I was finally able to do so he shit himself with lightning and hit me

So this....is the power of a gen 1 monster.....

Fucking literally why was this sack of shit put back in the game. Normally I don't have a problem with them but this is fucking ridiculous.

Anyone want to farm HR4 Tetsu?

does ps4 pad covers fit on 3ds?

I don't understand

>carving scales from tails
Never fails to infuriate me

Ojou-sama

You will be happy to accept that that is just how she is written.

No
Not even you
Don't make tetsu anything

because i cant find any 3ds cover here on my place

13-1555-5950-1851

farming low rank rathalos 2/4

Meme country

He just moved around a lot. Im playing aerial SA and each time i jumped he just leaped half way across the zone.

Then what HR4 Armor should I make?

upgraded bulljaggi

Sony analog sticks are concave in shape

>Ojou-sama
I had to google what that meant because I'm not a faggot weaboo but at least I got my answer, thanks.

So she IS just obnoxiously arrogant. How nice.

New player here, what are the best skills for SnS to use? Forgive me if it's a retard question

got the exact pieces I need?

Para IG is GOAT

Outdoorsman

Am I retarded how do I do the super with the SA as aerial?

Hunger Halved

Offensive stuff (attack up, weakness exploit, etc.), razor sharp or speed sharpener because holy shit will you be burning through sharpness.

God tier weapons:

Boomerang Nyanter
Striker SnS
Adept LS

Shit tier weapons:

Everything else.

Can palicoes still get items from monsters? That's the only reason I would want them around.

I'm new to monster hunter and very confused in MHX. I'm mostly just using the Maccau set with Sword and Shield Stamina Oil, and the bone tabir. Does Stam Drain stack with this effectively? I seem to see monsters exhausted / drooling constantly.

I just opened up 3* quests and have no idea what's good or what I should be building towards with anything. Any direction, cool builds or stuff that's actually attainable at this point of the game?

k

Yes they do.

>I'm new to monster hunter
Get out.

>Buy yet another addon to make the 3DS playable

Man, the 3DS really is the shittiest handheld ever designed.

HR1 Keys
20-0532-7698-4904
Pass is in the OP

I really have to wonder how the shit Sony lost MH. Must have been one hell of an exclusivity deal.

At least you can pirate MH every year.

Hey guys, I'm trying to convert my MHX save to Generations. When I try to drop the extracted system data onto CGen, I get a 0xc000007b error message.

Anyone have a solution for me? I'm on Windows 7.

Oh geez I'm sorry I didn't realize this thread was only for people with the level of expertise and experience you deem sufficient, where everyone already knows everything about the game, let me just show myself out.

Huge misunderstanding. Terribly sorry.

What is up with Najaraja? He looked big and scary, but none of his attacks could hit me!

Did they forget to give him hit boxes?

>selacs s'oitseflaM !gnizamA lortnoc esol uoy ekam yllaer tsum ylpmis I !ydob ruoy fo ,esaelP !selpmas erom evah !em rof emos hctef
What did he meant by this?

Give me a minute, I just hunted a Tetsu with pubbies.
It went as badly as I expected.

BEST

Take the training quests to see which weapon suits you the most. Most armors have certain skill points to them which activates at a certain threshold, you can check them at kiranico.

Also watch video guides if you're that desperate.

Timing coincidence and gimmicks.

siliconera.com/2013/08/23/capcom-says-currently-no-plans-for-monster-hunter-4-on-playstation-vita/

I'm using this too.
The cross patterned one is the dope.
Best thing happening to my n3ds after the PSP stick mod.

highly recommended.

Yo guys, I've been thinking of buying MH3U for the 3ds just for the solo experience. I didn't buy it before because I didn't have a Wii U and it didn't have online.

Is it worth it just for the solo?

>Best thing happening to my n3ds after the PSP stick mod.
Elaborate.

60-9241-8577-4904

HR2 keys.

>Hunting these low rank quests with attack up L takes about five minutes

I feel like I'm cheating.

no, only with save editing.

I've gotten that far. It's hard to tell what all I can build / upgrade / what specific weapons in a category are good or worth building though, all the information is really difficult to parse.

Half the items and sets seem to need other materials I can't get yet or awkward to find, so I'm just sorta sitting still and not wanting to invest a buncha resource gathering time and materials into experimenting really.

You rip out the rubber clit and replace it with a psp cap for best mini stick controls.

>Had to deal with adhoc
>Trophies for gaijin
>Wii was selling like hotcakes on top of costing less to develop for

You basically are. I'd kick you if you were in my lobby.

>Do wyvern egg quest
>??? appears
>Murder the fuck out of it
>"It's an astalos user! These guys are meaner than rathalos!"
>Whatever.png
>Kill a bulldrome user!
>Go out on the hunt
>??? appears
>Not this shit again.
>Rip it's dick off and force feed it its own teeth.
>"It's a Mizutsune user! They're mystical and quite fierce!"
CAN I JUST A GET A REGULAR QUEST THAT DOESNT INVOLVE "YOU HAVE BEEN INVADED BY DICKASS MONSTER" PLEASE.

youtu.be/scD0gsGDxcU

Funny thing is that Capcom likes the Vita, but they can't anything about it.

Oh shit nigga. Does that work well?

Then it's time to farm online and/or hunt deviant monsters.

I totally wanna do this but I'm scared of fucking up the 3DS.

Sure does, no more clawing into the rubber to finally get it into the direction you want it to.
Also the n3ds still closes.

It's an "almost" perfect fit. Like it will clip to the joystick all tight and shut wont come off unless you clip it off.

the joystick itself is still the weird "lean into direction" movement, but now you get perfect accuracy and grip over how it moves. Wouldn't want to live without it.

the cap costs a few cents, and the mod is done in a few minutes and quite reversible if you are unhappy. You should read it up, cannot recommend it more to MH.

Does anyone else not like this new upgrade system? I'm already in village 5 star and I'm still using the petrified weapon you literally start the game with. Sure it's level 4 now, but there is nothing better that I can make, and the other weapon I CAN make I can't upgrade because the first upgrade to level 2 takes materials only found in high rank zones.

I miss variety. Do I really have to upgrade shit to like level 2 and then side-grade it? I thought we could still make any weapon from base like before. Or if not any weapon at least a good amount.

You can put the C-Stick back anyway

To be clear, not every 3DS was miscalibrated to the point of needing to dig in. In fact most were fine.

so what's the deal with generations? I haven't played since japanese 4, I got a little bored with it. I played a shit ton of 3G.

should i come back with the new 3DS xl bundle?

>need 1 rathalos tail
>all I have are bowguns

>recover sharpeness by dodging
I love seregios