/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /gwt/)

War Face Edition

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com

Blood & Wine and patch 1.22 is released!
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU
Launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG.pdf

HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands Currently broken
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

first for Shani is perfection.

Protect that autist and disfunctional family

>mfw there is a Triss Playboy session and I nver knew of its existance

Reminder that Ciri was willing to kill for this love

YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS

>arrive in Skellige
>ask Hjort for a prophecy
>says I'll find the person I'm looking for but they'll die
H-he didn't mean it, right?

It's pretty hot, Triss looks beautiful in it.

>mfw

Back then Ciri was willing to kill over cotton candy.

Everyone dies eventually. A soothsayer in Velen says the same thing.

What does Yennefer of Corvo Bianco smell like?

what the shit? Must be cause I got the bad ending, cause I have yet to see anyone during B&W

I think you've asked this before.

You have to go back to the waifushack for your horrible fanservicey epilogue.

>bad ending
The only good one tbqh

>mfw
I liked it, it was a nice little detail.

Reminder to ignore

Sweat and piss.

what the fuck is the waifushack? Dandilion's Inn? no one is there except him.

nevermind, You mean Geralt's house...

When can you ask him?

During the feast with Yen

>I liked it, it was a nice little detail.
Like Tali singing :3

>tfw I didn't know you could talk to most of the people at the feast with Yen until my third playthrough

Yen's face while he's telling that prophecy is pretty great to watch.

Never liked Tali, Liara was my choice. Wish there was a Citadel like DLC for Witcher 3.

Is not the same, man...

>Never liked Tali, Liara was my choice.
Potato, potato. Or in the case of waifus, melanoma, sarkoma.

>Wish there was a Citadel like DLC for Witcher 3.
B&W is already too close to that.

Her face after you beat Madman Lugos...

Game needed more Yennefer tbqh. Was originally meant to be around for Skellige till the end of the election.

I want to be a bridesmaid at Yen and Getalt's wedding!

Hi Ciri

>Potato, potato.
Oh common, choosing a right waifu is a delicate process.

>B&W is already too close to that.
Not really, I hoped for a big party with all your friends and your waifu there having fun.

Mage marriage is not legal in Greater Redania, citizen.

I want to try on Yen's wedding dress and then cut off all her hair while she sleeps so she looks awful in it!

Delete this

Don't worry, Istredd won't mind.

>Oh common, choosing a right waifu is a delicate process.
Blue big boobed waifu or accented big hipped waifu. Hmm...

>Not really, I hoped for a big party with all your friends and your waifu there having fun.
I hate you. I mean, really, I honestly dislike you intensely on a personal level just for this desire.

I expected to send letters to different characters and them showing up, like Shepard's apartment.
No parties necessary

>the bioware is coming from inside the thread

Fuck off, Triss, back to Kovir.
Sho, sho

>I hate you.
Oh please, just imagine Ciri hanging out with Yen, playing Gwent with Zoltan, getting drunk with your witcher friends while Dandelion and Priscilla perform, dancing with your waifu of choice...it would be awesome.

Good, I thought it was some flag about me already fucking things up with Ciri.

Last drink with Regis was enough for me.
For Milva, for Angouleme and for Cahir...

apologies in advance for encouraging the 4k spammer

That would have also been nice, that way the guest room would make more sense. Triss sleeps with Geralt anyway.

I am imagining it and I'm already cringing. Moments like that have to be used sparingly and earned to be meaningful. What you're describing is just masturbation.

Fix the main game's finale, intersperse short family moments within the greater framework. That's what's needed and what I want.

>Last drink with Regis was enough for me.
That was pretty alright until the 4th wall breaking.

>That was pretty alright until the 4th wall breaking

Is the end of a saga

>What you're describing is just masturbation.
It's the end of the series, Geralt's journey is over for good, I wouldn't mind some masturbation. We won't see these characters for a long time, but I'm glad they at least added the waifus.

>Is the end of a saga
All the more reason not to fuck it up.

>We won't see these characters for a long time, but I'm glad they at least added the waifus.
You didn't see them here, either. You saw fanfiction versions of them. You really want to be your last memories of these characters cringey, BSN tier renditions of them?

Don't answer that...

Please stop replying to him.

She really does suck. Can I just be rude when she visits?

>Don't answer that...
Sorry, but I must. Triss' dialogue was quite nice, a little bit talk about Kovir, a bit loving teases, a bit about the future, nothing too cringy(not that I would mind anyway).

I saw Yen's on yt, it was a bit worse and overused some previous moments already seen, like those bants or muh unicorn again, but Yen fans mostly seem to like it, so I guess it was also fine.

Just finished hearts of stone and holy shit was it good these poles really have outdone themselves.
Even if the rpg elements are less in W3 the stories are fucking great.

>She really does suck. Can I just be rude when she visits?
I don't think so, no.

Don't blame her, blame the writers.

>but Yen fans mostly seem to like it, so I guess it was also fine.
Yen's my favorite character and I love her relationship with Geralt.

That dialogue was fucking awful.

What ending did you get, user?

Congrats, you have now played the last good CDPR game

What didn't you liked about it? What would you do differently? I mostly saw praises for it.

Hey now, I'm the one bitching the most here, but B&W is good. It's just worse than what came before it and makes me worry for the future.

>What didn't you liked about it?
Besides what you said about it? It simply doesn't sound like Yennefer. When she gets intensely romantic, it's...well, actually rather intense and melancholy. When she doesn't, it's more just playful jabs and banter. Here she's just kind of fawning over Geralt.

Not to mention the whole situation doesn't make sense. "Oh I love you so much, but you left for Touissaint without even telling me why even though we agreed to run away together. But I tracked you down, teehee" "Oh Yen, I used to hate when you investigated me behind my back but now that we're lovely loving lovers, I love that too!"

Human beings in a relationship are often pretty cringeworthy irl. But they don't sound like that. Yennefer and Geralt are talking to the fans shipping them in the forums, not to each other.

I saved von everec's soul I had a bit mixed feelings but losing your soul is something entirely different than dying for example.
He was a retard though.
>sacrifice loving brother to get with qt you love
>live forever which gives nothing meaning
>become a total emotionless douchebag
>make wife hate you
>make her life a total lonely hell
>kill her father

He had so many fuck ups desu but that was partially o'dimm fucking him up too.
Also what the fcuk was o'dimm he was like the typical devil but there isn't such a thing in the witcher lore right?

Isn't B&W good I'm just about to start it.

she does have the best ass desu

Ciri's dialogue is worse. "Papa" for fuck's sake

>Also what the fcuk was o'dimm he was like the typical devil but there isn't such a thing in the witcher lore right?
He's very evil and very powerful and that's all that can be said about him. He's some sort of very powerful demon, for a certainty. But where he came from and why? No one knows.

And yeah I share your feelings on Olgierd.

>Isn't B&W good I'm just about to start it.
Not that guy, but it's good I think. Just very different from the rest of the game and a big step down from HoS in the story and characters department.

Fair enough, I also thought it was weird seeing Yen being in the "Triss mode", but she never did much for me anyway, so I'm not really the one to judge.

What happened?

you cannot imagine the stress this lad is feeling

I really loved the mystery surrounding him and also I think HoS can't be topped so easy even outside of witcher there weren't many games which actually made me feel sad for a character as I became here or intrigued by mystery like I became here.
Never expected CDPR to be this good desu.

He defended the North and cleansed it of the filthy sorceresses, mages, non-humans and other vermin.

They were definitely setting themselves up to fail when they told everyone "Just you wait guys, Blood and Wine is going to be WAY better than Hearts of Stone!"

It is the block that keeps the pedal down, preventing CDPR from stopping their speeding towards the abyss

>hating on based dwarf bros
please delete this

Aside from elves and maybe the lodge the rest of those groups are innocent.

Good Nordling, remember to buy imported goods from Mahakam and kill all those filthy deceitful mages!

>manlets are non-humans
What's your beef with short people, user?

A lot of elves are ok too. Not everyone is a Yaevinn.

Radovid did nothing wrong, they all deserve to burn.

how can you talk when you're dead, mr. fitz-oesterlen?

stop that! dwarfs are too pure to be humans!

I have finished my 3rd playthrough of the regular game, and have finished both HoS and B&W twice.

I honestly have to say that most of the promised gameplay time (in the case of the base game 100-120 hours, in the case of B&W - 20 hours) are just pointless, boring side missions. I mean grinding missions in the style of: "go to that cave to retrieve that diagram", or "kill those bandits to free that merchant". Missions that are pointless, since you will eventually find better gear on your own, and don't need the merchants in question unless you want 100% completion of the gwent sidequest, or of the game itself.

The base game only constitutes 40-50% of the promised gameplay time. The main storyline in both the base game and the expansion are exceptionally well written and really fun.

There are only three side quests in the base game that are memorable: the one with the higher vampire in Novigrad, the one resolving Skellige's succession to the throne, and the one concerning Radovid's assasination. Most others are either really short quests, lasting 1-2 minutes, or just being pointless grind missions where you first have to reach some far away place on the edge of the map and then kill some monsters or open some chest.

The same applies to B&W, where the only good sidequest is the one involving Vivienne and the tourney. The rest is repetitive and tedious.

H&S obviously doesn't have many sidequests, meaning that only the main storyline is good.

I somehow get the feeling that CDPR cheated with the gameplay time. If I were only to play the missions and quests that are actually fun, I would get to 1/3, maybe 1/2 of the promised gameplay time. Freeing some vineyard of a centipede for the tenth time simply doesn't cut it.

Well most contracts are like that but I stopped doing them after being over levelled and rich.

>I somehow get the feeling that CDPR cheated with the gameplay time. If I were only to play the missions and quests that are actually fun, I would get to 1/3, maybe 1/2 of the promised gameplay time.
I didn't do much more than that and got about 90 hours on my first playthrough of the vanilla game. You overestimate by a lot how fast most people are on an initial playthrough. Yes, replays go much, much faster.

>The same applies to B&W, where the only good sidequest is the one involving Vivienne and the tourney.
I'm not the only one that thought she looked better cursed? R-right?

CUTE!!!

que

kill it with fire

She has a weird expression on her face in that one

The fire of love...

I want to know if I'm the only one that kept looking around that lake for signs of this nymph or whatever it was.

My suspicion is that the "nymph" in question was the witch residing on that hill, from the sidequest with the spirit trapped in the tree.

She seems to be responsible for almost everything bad that happens in Beauclair.

Care to provide examples? I can only think of Vivienne and the tree 2bh.

She's where that spriggan came from at that one abandoned site and the reason that other dude at treasure site committed suicide, just off the top of my head.

>She's where that spriggan came from
You mean in one of the kinght for hire missions, right? I never saw her there. Might try to look for her if I ever replay that, though.

>be Geralt of Rivia, professional monster slayer and revered hero across the continent
>defeat higher vampires, strigas, basilisks and giants in 1v1 fights on a daily basis
>get killed by a wild pig in some forest near novigrad

She's not there, you find out she's responsible from a note at another site.

Dude video games lmao

Well, Geralt was killed by some kid with a pitchfork.

True that. But only after being distracted by some 100 other people around him.

Rather fight a drowner than a wild boar tbqh

How do I kill the beast in the arena in toussaint ?
I can't hurt it a lot before it starts spinning and shit.

Get it to spin into the walls.