Is it historically accurate to state that prostitution is the oldest profession?

Is it historically accurate to state that prostitution is the oldest profession?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hCrN0nrHnqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking in exchange of something, even animals do that. prostitution and thieving are the oldest professions

source?

you're mom XD

#REKTANGLE
#ANALYREKT
#REKTWITHOUTBORDERS

kek
I actually meant source for pic related but yeah you can say I got rekt

sauce

No, you would have needed a profession to pay the whore

No. Semi-nomadic hunting and gathering was the first "profession"

youtube.com/watch?v=hCrN0nrHnqU

Well it's not a profession until he recieves some sort of payment for his actions.

Fisherman catches fish but gives it away = not a profession. He is volunteering his time and efforts.

If he receives sex and gives fish as payment, that's not a profession. And evidently prostitution in this case exists as a profession before fishing does.

>that's not a profession
That is a profession *

What makes you think they would give it away? Fish would have been traded for goods and services

>Fish would have been traded for goods and services
What goods and services would cro magnons have past food and sex?

But yes, it does revolve around the fact the fisherman is providing his services for free before the introduction of prostitution.

It can be argued either way.

>not hunting

Other game animals, prime raw materials for tools, knowledge or assistance from others etc

>[citation needed]
>cro magnons were on the regular trading physical goods
Don't think so, mang.

Where is the citation that cro magnons used prostitutes instead of rape?

If they weren't trading physical goods why would trading goods for a service be the norm?

>instead of rape?
You think cro magnons had an idea of rape? kek.

>If they weren't trading physical goods why would trading goods for a service be the norm?
Because before you have some sort of monetary compensation (physical goods) there are ideological ones? You do x for me and I do x for you.

How do you think trading physical goods comes before metaphysical ones?

Because why would they bargain for sex when it could be taken with no effort? Unless the women had pimps to protect them, making pimping the first profession

>Because why would they bargain for sex when it could be taken with no effort?
Why is there no effort involved in simply taking sex from a cro magnon female? Please do not tell me you are using your modern sensibilities to judge some of our most ancient ancestors.

>making pimping the first profession
No, pimps still rely on prostitution.
>man sees woman being exploited via her prostitution
>offers pimping as a profession
You won't win this argument.

>still no citation on cro magnon prostitution

You've already lost

>Please do not tell me you are using your modern sensibilities to judge some of our most ancient ancestors.

They were sexualy dimorphic, they might have been much stronger than modern females but the males would have been that much stronger again

No, because someone bartering sexual service every now and then to supplement other income isn't a professional prostitute anymore than someone fixing pipes on the weekends as one of several odd jobs isn't a professional plumber. By the time we can point to a legal or economic class of women who specifically made a livelihood having sex for money from strangers, other professions have already appeared.

>They were sexualy dimorphic, they might have been much stronger than modern females but the males would have been that much stronger again
>would
>would
>would
Calls me out for no citation.

What are you doing, bro? At least admit you are making literally no points.
>argument shifts from prostitution being the first profession
to
>men would have been able to rape women
xD

Beta fishermen could obviously not just rape women with the risk of an alpha being a round. Comes back to your argument of pimping.

Alpha = pimping out his bitches for fish.

You cannot win this argument, simply stop. We are both speculating but for some reason you believe your speculation is empirical, it's actually pretty funny.

I read this in a sullen, defeated, and somewhat embarrassed voice. You are ashamed of how rekt you got.

This some top teir shitposting