Itt: we balkanize murrica

itt: we balkanize murrica

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Franklin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Sequoyah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_divisionism#State_of_Lincoln
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_(proposed_Northwestern_state)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absaroka_(proposed_state)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Deseret
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delmarva_Peninsula#Proposed_state
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I call dibs on Delaware

You faggot larpers better leave my state alone or else

New England joins up with Ontario to form some sort of Great Lakes Nation. The South is the South. The Southwest is the Southwest. Texas is Texas. Everything else just gets lumped together because who the fuck cares? Quebec is on its own.

New England (maine, vermont, massechusettes, conneticut, rhode island, new hampshire, new york - long island)

New York (long island and northern new jersey)

Appalachia (pennsylvania, southern new jersey, maryland, west virginia, virginia, parts of kentucky and ohio)

Great Lakes (ohio, michigan, north eastern minnasota, illanoise, wisconsin)

Dixie (most of kentucky, tennessee, both carolinas, georgia, alabama, missisipi, south eastern louisiana)

Gran Texas (texas, louisiana, oklahoma, new mexico, kansas, arkansas, missouri)

Deseret (colorado, utah, wyoming, arizona, idaho, nevada, nebraska, both dakotas, minnisota, iowa)

Gran California (california, oregon, washington, carson city and reno)

Fucked (florida and alaska)

Japan gets hawaii

Better template

Found out I can draw, poorly, on a phone
If the rivers and geography where visible it would be asthetic

I'm tired so I skimped on the names a bit

>Kentucky
>Dixie

uwot

Someone make one with real proposed states.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Franklin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Sequoyah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_divisionism#State_of_Lincoln
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_(proposed_Northwestern_state)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absaroka_(proposed_state)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Deseret
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delmarva_Peninsula#Proposed_state

This is probably the best map I've seen.

Figure 1, facts.

Figure 2, mild speculation based on facts.

Figure 3, wild speculation based on mild speculation and memes.

Wikipedia:

>The Nine Nations of North America is a 1981 book by Joel Garreau, in which he suggests that North America can be divided into nine nations, which have distinctive economic and cultural features. He also argues that conventional national and state borders are largely artificial and irrelevant, and that his "nations" provide a more accurate way of understanding the true nature of North American society. Paul Meartz of Mayville State University called it "a classic text on the current regionalization of North America".

>tfw the empty quarter

EZ

Slashed lines represent disputed regions. Some background on the border disputes:

The governments of the Dakotas moved to join the Great Lakes Federation, but the Northwest Front, a white nationalist secessionist movement, had many followers in those states, and they mounted an insurgency with official NWF support.

The Great Plains Autonomous Zone started out as a piece of the original USA that was claimed by Texas, but made into an "autonomous" puppet state. Nebraska is claimed and occupied by the NWF, and the GPAZ only really continues to exist because it serves as a convenient buffer state between Texas and the NWF, and because it's sparsely populated anyway.

The Social Democratic Republic of Portlandia has its independence guaranteed by Canada. Not wanting to fight a war along its broad northern border, and already being caught in other disputes, and internal unrest, the Northwest Front decided to allow the state to exist. Its territory consists of the largest cities in the Pacific Northwest. It is a hub of trade between Canada and the NWF, who have officially embargoed one another but trade through the SDRP as a middleman.

The California Republic of course claims northern California, but secessionist movements backed by the NWF are causing a headache for them as they fight a simultaneous war against invading Mexicans.

The newly declared Mexican Empire has also invaded Texas, and totally annexed the short-lived Southwest Confederation, in a bid to reclaim lost historically Mexican territory.

The Great Lakes Federation has recently seceded from the United States, and thus their territories greatly overlap. Many people in the disputed swath of land hold no allegiance at all. Only time will tell if the dying empire can hold onto its land or if the GLF will win.

The Dixie Confederacy and the USA fought a war early on that devastated both sides. They signed a white peace, and the USA was allowed to keep south Florida, an important naval base.

The Mississippi Union was formed as a reaction to weakening US federal power, in order to protect the sovereignty of those states from Dixie and Texas who would claim the vital gulf ports in Louisiana, which bring trade all the way up the Mississippi. Dixie made an early bid to seize Louisiana and even had some support from the populace, but its draining war of secession from the U.S. left it unable to win a decisive victory or take the vital city of New Orleans. Texas, on the other hand, has stayed out of the Mississippi region, being more busy with the Mexican menace to its south.

Russia took the Second American Civil War as an opportunity to make a land-grab in Alaska and seize its valuable oil reserves. Federal support in protecting the region has been minimal ever since it was discovered that the nuclear weapons stationed there had been relocated early into the Russian invasion, and the Alaskan people feel betrayed. Nevertheless, they resist the Russians bitterly in the cold mountains and forests, making them bleed for every inch of frozen waste. But without the US Navy's support in blocking the Bering Strait, it's only a matter of time before the troops streaming in from Russia overcome the Alaskan resistance.

The nation of Deseret is a theocracy, and also follows a philosophy of neutrality and peace. Thus, in the interest of avoiding conflict, it was agreed early on that Las Vegas would be an independent state, since its people weren't willing to abide by religious law, and likewise the Mormons weren't interested in annexing Sin City - except for the fanatics who believed they should burn the decadent city to ashes.

Because of the religious revival that overtook Deseret, many non-Mormons fled to the peaceful and well-defended republic of Colorado. This meant a "brain drain" in Deseret which lost most of its college-educated nonreligious pop, so the two states aren't on the best terms. But neither desire war, and both pursue armed neutrality.

Good mod

>yfw forming the mighty Empire of Gotham as Cthulhu-worshiping Rhode Island hillbilly dynasty

>tfw watching the world burn as Voodoo Emperor Stepping Razor

>mfw playing Tenesi and creating Uppland, but everybody wants to have independence, andthe Council is too busy flipping the fuck out and denying me everything that takes the tiniest bit of power out of their hands to let me do anything

>New Orleans capitol of Dixie

Kentucky would be unable to hold its borders fully and be assimilated by a stronger national entity
Great lakes would need to cross a river
So would appalachia
In a post USA world that is still a natural barrier and a bitch to deal with.

However Appalachia and Dixie would be at war over it forever to control river traffic

As if any part of Canada would ever join with a bunch of bible-fapping christfags, duck dynasty superfans and niggers. Get real.

>San Francisco and the Bay Area is part of Socal
>OR and WA are now called North California, kek.
>Appalachia includes only a small PA section of the mountain range, and is not even the heartland of what is considered culturally 'Apalachia'

Pretty trash, desu.

>implying Canada wouldn't let them fuck their wives and then give them a big hug

Not him, but it was the #1 city of the South before the 1950s when it got overtaken by Atlanta.

>inb4 muh Richmond / Charleston / other irrelevant shithole

Come try it, yankee doodle.

Which is why it should be Atlanta.

Independent city-state of New York City reporting in.

Why isnt this a reality?

if this happened though, Mexico might actuall be powerful enough to dictate affairs in the southwest or texas if not outright conquer them, though obviously california is one powerful state population and economic-wise

Texas alone could bootyblast Mexico to oblivion, Mexican military is a total joke.

I'll do a revision later. Like I said I was sleepy.

wat. most of the states joined to canada there have none of that stuff, except the blacks in urban areas. even there are lots more blacks in the south alongside all the other stuff you mention

mexico can just send human waves desu. if that doesnt work the mexicans in the state are a fifth column that will spread mexican culture and bolster economic ties

The logistics of the area are why Mexico lost them so easily in the first place.

>human waves

Oh I didn't realize I was talking to a retard, carry on then.

WALL
A
L
L

and I didn't realize I was talking to someone who couldn't into sarcasm

You forgot to label Deseret.

but that was before roads, rails and airplanes. if you had good infrastructure then the geography could be overcome. There's a reason Lerdo in the 1870s rejected a plan to build a railroad connecting texas to mexico; railroads would have fostered trade but would have made it way easier to deploy american troops straight into Mexico

that is such a fucking accurate split of texas fuck me

Here's my revised version

TENNESSEE IS RIGHTFUL TARHEEL CLAY

>Mexican army
lol

They'll be defecting in droves.

You've obviously never been to Canada. Trust me, the difference is big enough. The UP, Wisconsin and Minnesota can join, provided there's just a little ethnic cleansing. Everyone else can stay in their bible-supremacy nignog states.

I've been everywhere in the US at least once, but to Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and upstate NYC multiple times. One of my best friends in university was a guy from Indianapolis (we're still friends), and it was like he was from a different galaxy. No fucking chance in hell would Ontario (minus the Ottawa valley for some reason?) want to be cut off from traditional ties to the east and west and be lumped with the likes of West Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey. Only in a zombie apocalypse nightmare.

It's OK though, I don't really expect anyone here to 'get' Canadians.

>I don't really expect anyone here to 'get' Canadians.
I'm sorry, eh, but I do get you, eh? Sorry for intruding, let's watch some ice hokey, eh?

>implying anyone in Canada calls it ice hockey

It's just hockey

>Just hockey
>just
>hockey
I'm sorry, eh, but that is really disrespectful, eh. It's not "just" hockey, eh. I'm sorry if I seem insulting, eh.

>All these people thinking that CO won't be part of whatever the federal government becomes

Cute. Between NORAD and the proliferation of defense contractors around it, the feds would do almost anything to keep their claws on Colorado.

And Nevada, the Feds own 80% of the land

They own 80% of the land because pretty much all it has going for it is the subsurface resources. 80% of nothing is still nothing.

Made another change

>implying a hypothetical balkanization of the us wouldn't likely follow a collapse or replacement of the federal government

>georgia
>gulf coast

And for whatever is left of that government, taking back NORAD is going to be an absolute priority.

>empty quarter
More like empty half

>mfw live in deseret and not mormon

how fucked am I?

Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan entertain the idea of seceding and joining the US from time to time, fedora-fag.

>I live in disputed territory

feels bad man

The seceding part yes but not joining the US.

every piece of Virginia outside NOVA would rather die than pay tribute to NYC

>let me tell you how your country works!
lol, no they don't. Occasionally some Albertafags masturbate to the idea of MUH OIL, MUH INDEPENDENCE but these are a minority fringe no one takes seriously, and the idea was more of a 90s/early 00s thing. It's about as active as Nebraska secessionists. BTW, I'm from Winterpeg.

>fedora
If you're going to use an incredibly overmemed meme, at least use it a proper context.

Best split desu

>new jersey
>anything but absolute dog shit

pretty terrible opinion, tebehe fampai

>rockies
>100 miles east of the rockies

I would so be down to live in Dearborn

NoCal please go and stay go

>mfw Cascashits think they can get our Northern clay
When will you learn that the Redwoods is forever ours and obey your masters already?

>>>>>california
haha look at this faggot

Not "fairly" Balkanized, but it's what would happen if 50 state war happened.

Have fun with the libs we're sending. California will run Red again.

True but I feel that central Texas there should be a grey area
It's a mixture of west plains , Dixie and mejico
San Antonio Austin Waco area

go to sleep, brannan

Fuck you

Glad Arizona is taken in with Texas on this map. I'd kill myself if we were taken into the California regime

I have been to Canada... and you're exaggerate the differences. Anyway I was contesting your caricature of American more so than the differences of Canadian culture from American culture

>KB
>Lexington capitol of Appalachia, not Louisville or Memphis

You'll still get overrun by Spics and Liberals. I don't know why you think California and Texas are all that different on the population scale.

>house of mouse

The only correct balkanization.
Over an hour in MS Paint.

>New England
Capital: Boston

>Free City of New York
Capital: Manhattan

>Greater Pennsylvania
Capital: Philadelphia

>Confederate Republics of Dixieland
Capital: Nashville, Tennessean Republic

>Heartland
Capital: Topeka, Kansas

>Deseret
Capital: Salt Lake City

>Apache
Capital: Phoenix

>Cascadia
Capital: Seattle

>California-Nevada
Capital: San Francisco

braindead mongoloids

florida is NOT dixie and it's not fucking cuba either.

open up a book you redditkiddy morons

>gerrymandering: the dream

:^)

fugg I misspelled Canadian

underrated map

>House of Mouse

Enjoy the best North America