/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & Dead Communities General

Death comes for all Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>Recommended mods for Civilization VI
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Actually went and got razed:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7hR4j6z1I8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>page 9
>zero (0) posts
Yeah no I DO hate this.

Pasted from the other one :
You people are all saying Kumo is a bitch, but I personally hate Hugo (or Yuugo) even more.
I can't stand these "all your world are belong to me" kind of shitty antagonist.
Why they bother keeping that fuckface alive is a wonder, I personally would've buried that shit alive instead of allowing it to live and develop an unhleathy fetish for underaged elves.

And the Church's hypocrisy isn't that bad either.
>urr heresy magic is bad, unless we're the one using it

Right after Hugo went scott-free after trying to murder everyone.
I hate that guy.

It's Yuugo.
>scott-free
Can you tell me what events happened before that? Also keep reading - it's not as clean-cut as it looks.

It's Hugo on Blastron's translation.Turb0 names that über faggot Yuugo. I don't know which is more correct.

Also, what happened is that Yhugo became jealous of Prince what's-his-face, cornered him in the woods, tried to kill him out of jealousy and delusion that the new world belonged to him, get massively fucking rekt Fist Of The North Star-style by the creepy pedophile teacher, and is now whining and baaawing in his room like the bitch he is.

I think I still hate Ramsay Bolton more than him, but by a small margin.

Seriously? Are we going to die again?

Yuugo is the most hateable guy in Kumo

Don't you die on me!

We can't escape fate

What even are embassies? It doesn't raise the relationships like they do in Stellaris, and don't seem to give me more options.
Besides, Neptune just refuses every offer I make.

To be fair, I never heard of any game with a decent AI. Even in grand strategy games, sometimes you get attacked out of nowhere by factions that supposely like you.

The problem with diplomacy is that the AI is unpredictable. Just like the humans. I played a lot of strategy games with my brother and I've been betrayed more than I cared to count. So beyond fifty times.

You guys confused the shit out of me last thread. The two Veeky Forums tabs I have open permanently are /stellaris/ and /monstergirls/, and I couldn't tell which one I was in

Meanwhile my opened tabs are /nepgen/, /mbg/ and /4xg/.

The other thread died. I'm sorry, OP. Make sure you don't forget anything next time, okay?

Thats nothing, i have /4ccg/ open all the time

How does the multi in Civilizations even work?
I know that for Dominions 4, due to the limited playerbases, traitors are identified very quickly, but for Civilizations?

I don't care, just did it because I didn't find this one and the old one died before bump limit. Swear I checked before doing it.

I'm talking about the Civ5 mod pastebin.

All Domination all the time.

I just copied the OP, probably deleted accidentally when I was deleting the embed stuff.

bump

>still no Star Wars mod

>only shipsets are new republic and rebel alliance

>install a mod for Civ5
>basic units are still the same

No Kumo civ fot civ5 where you have to level up Kumo from tiny spider to god

>No Starship Troopers portraits

That wouldn't work for Civ5.

But as a RPG, Kumo's setting is really interesting. I like how she's excited like a gamer each time she get something new.

Favorite Civ5 scenario?
I'd say my favorite is the Rome one as Rome; probably because of the emphasis on combat.
Japan/Korea one comes close after that.

You could do something like the Madoka mod where Kumoko is a super unit with promotions, the cities being her weebs and the units being her spawn it wont be a 100% accurate but it can be done

RPG wont work either since the battles are full DMC crazy on it

Dunno, the skills system reminds me of the Elder Scrolls. But actually interesting and a bit less grindy.

But in Elder Scrolls you have all skills avariable from the start and you can build builds around them

>you can build builds

Build as in making something
Builds as in minmaxing faggot character
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

>Stellaris
>shitload of portraits mods
>not a single mod adding more ships

bump

Keeping that thread alive is almost impossible.

>37 posts
>3 hours
we ded now

Pretty much, yeah.

Scramble for Africa as the Zulu on Deity, because I watched the movie Zulu as a kid.

I want Kumo to get out of the labyrinth already and start kicking ass.

>page 9
Okay, I give up. Farewell, /4xg/. Say hello to /rtsg/ when you'll meet it.

Everyone in my galaxy is inferior to me when it comes to fleet
Scourge comes and I alone am trying to save us from certain doom when this fucking empire decides to have a war with me. God damn it!

That's constant in Paradox's games. The AI is a backstabbing little bitch.

Like Kumo?

>Polynesia
>Terra
>Sacred Sites
Feels good, man. I was exceeding 500 tourism when the other civs were only reaching 50.

Stellaris couldn't save /4xg/

UA: Dynastic Cycles - Eureka and Inspiration boosts increased.
Leader Bonus: All Builders receive an additional charge, and can be expended to hurry the growth of Ancient/Classical Wonders.
UU: Crouching Tiger Cannon - Short-range cannon unit that does not require Strategic Resources to produce.
UI: Great Wall - Provides a defense and Gold bonus, adding Culture and Tourism in later eras.

youtube.com/watch?v=C7hR4j6z1I8

Thread dies in American hours I guess

gonna make a little post about this to maybe drum up some discussion
>UA
how much is it increased by? they showed the bonus reaching half the tech. does that mean that normal civ eureka bonuses are only a 1/3 or a 1/4 of the tech?
>leader bonus
well, from the video, it showed sacrificing a worker brought the gardens from 6 turns left to 2 turns. this looks nice. a good balance between finishing it instantly, or barely mattering. those several turns can mean the difference. I just hope they dont dominate with early game wonder spamming.
>ui
I dont know about this. the wall sounds and looks really cool but we're going to be dedicating a lot of tiles to districts as well as the normal improvements. it needs to give a good bit of culture and gold to be worthwhile, honestly.

LET US END THIS CHARADE

Well, they'll either use their production on workers to hurry wonders or they'll simply use production on wonders, the latter will be probably more effective. Doesn't really sound OP or anything honestly

Agree with you on that UI, with districts and shit I doubt we'll have empty tiles to put great walls on. If barbarians aren't a big problem or AI civs are not more aggressive, I doubt that will be useful at all

China simply doesn't sound good imo, I liked Japs more

yea. Japan and Egypt look the best to me from what they've shown so far.

wew

>[apprehension about Great Wall taking up so much space]
It's part of the strategy of the game. You have to know what's the best place to put it to. Also it generates useful gold and later culture and tourism yields.

I only keep playing these shitty 4xgs because of this thread. Now I have no one to bitch to about shitty AI and dumb empire mechanics

There is at least one mod that adds more ship types and lots that add new skins.

I've never seen this before. Sh-Should I be worried?

Which mods do you have? I've never seen this one with events and decisions mods
You have that city health one?

Just Community Balance mods and JFD Exploration.

I've only played a few times with the CBP and this is my first time playing JFD Exploration, so it could be either.

Oh then you haven't seen the part where we hate him yet.
Also Yuugo is the literal katakana so it definitely can't be wrong at the very least.

Age of Empires 2 desu

>DMC
>implying
Shiro gives literally 0 shits.

Have faith, lads. We'll be back to normal after the release of VI.

>try Realism Invictus for Civ 4
>barbs are smart
>too fucking smart
>need literal walls of units to keep them away from my worked tiles
>they will sit there and wait for an opening instead of suicide charging
>slave revolts
>they spawn on random tiles in your land
>three other civs die to barbs before the game is halfway over
>end up as the strongest military power just because I actually bothered to defend myself
Ebin.

That sounds disturbingly realistic.

It would make more sense if barbarian spawn rate differed depending on how strong your culture/economy is. But it's still tied to the vanilla system where barbs spawn in unspotted tiles or outside of proximity of your units. Feels like there's only so much emphasis on barbs early game to drain production and prevent you from building up too much, but all it really accomplishes is making most early game buildings useless.

>It would make more sense if barbarian spawn rate differed depending on how strong your culture/economy is.
How does this make any sense

Barbarians raid cultured nations more I guess, since really shitty nations are essentially barbarians themselves.

>barbarians focus on trading routes or areas where they'll actually get something out of it rather than some random mine working a resource they can do nothing with
>people feeling less inclined to attack your cities when they can be integrated as citizens and find work

>people feeling less inclined to attack your cities when they can be integrated as citizens and find work
Sounds more like a culture policy though.

No, even in AoE2, it's kinda dumb.
>"you are my worst enemy, I will defeat you!"
>"Oh wait I'm neutral"
>"gimme stuff and I'll be your best friend"
>"I changed my mind!"

>diplomacy
>in AoE2
What

That's what I've been talking since the beginning.

I think thats mainly because the devs dont give a fuck about the neutral setting, since I doubt anyone actually plays with ai set to that. same with sins of a solar empire to a lesser extent.

Why bother with Diplomacy then? Same shit with Rise of Legend, you have a shitload of diplomatic options, but 90% of the time, the only diplomacy you'll get is the AI surrendering.

Because neutral and shit is for scenarios. Ally and Enemy with Locked Teams is the only actually relevant setting. Diplomacy is essentially nonextant in AoE2, even tributes are more of gifts to your allies to sling them.

Tribute? They steal men's colours, and make them their slaves!

Mankind ill need a saviour!

why does this general still exist

Kumo what the fuck are you doing

>/4xg/ - 4x games and Kumo general

>page fucking 10
LIVE DAMN YOU REEEEEEEE

Spiderfu is cute.

We are incredibly fucking dead.

Wrong general.

I realized.

I don't even know when is that to be honest
Also it'll probably have optimization problems and shitload of bugs, how was XCOM general when the second game was released? We'll be something like that probably

Though new Stellaris DLC is also coming but that doesn't have anything gameplay related I think

But you were right nonetheless. We're dead too.

>be out chilling in my empire
>suddenly fanatical purifiers declare war on me
>defend my and protect my galaxy by wiping them out
>no one cares because we are ded
;_;

Can a civ (in Civ5), in theory, found two different religions?

I don't think.

Speaking of Civilizations, is it just me or are spies gone? I remember them being pretty handy in Civ4.

They got added with BNW IIRC, you start getting them in Renaissance, though the system is really bland

No, but a city can be a holy city to multiple religions if it gets captured by another civ and that civ founds a religion there

>be quit in my space empire
>some guy trashtalks me
>check his power
>"pathetic"
>check relation
>-10000
>lol
>"liberate" his planet
>get massive relation bonuses for being awesome
Damn.

Unless I'm mistaking it with another game, it's that system where you drop spies on a yearly basis and have to stack them for them to be effective?

Spies also got added in GnK, but if we're talking about spies in Civ6 then I can't say I'd have a clue.

If I'm not wrong they said that every system in Civ V+with expansions were going to be in vanilla Civ VI, right? Makes me wonder what will be the expansions for Civ VI

Nah, in Civ V you can't even stack spies, you can only send one to one city and you get one spy each era. Espionage screenshot, perhaps can help you remember

Doesn't ring any bell. I thought it was either that system where towns build a intelligence ressource that can be used or that system where you stack spies on another civilizations to unlock more intel on them, but it looks like it's different.

No wait. That system where you stack spies comes from another game. A space one. Either SotS or GalCiv2.

Sins doesn't have spies if I remember correctly.

I was thinking of Sword of the Stars, but I don't think it has spies either. It must be Galactic Civilizations.

>SotS
Woops. Totally read that as SoaSE.

It's okay, mate.

Through I believed SoaSE was always just named Sins.