How many times did it take you to pass your test Veeky Forums?

How many times did it take you to pass your test Veeky Forums?

>first time master race

What test?

waste of time when I can drive without it

the SATs

I only had to take them once

Do the pre-SATs count?

How's high school?

The first time I took my driving test they had just re-paved the road you take it on and had yet to mark any of it. The instructor flunked me for not getting in the "turn lane" to go left

The only people go fail are genuinely bad drivers. I thank the driving instructors for doing their job.

Veeky Forums is for 18+, OP.

Enjoy your ban.

This is a really comfy picture

Second time because there was a misunderstanding about someone letting me out of a side street without hand signals. No one ever fucking let me out of a side street in my entire driving life since, but of course during my first exam someone would turn up and ruin it for me.

Two, failed the first because of observation.
>implying care about other road users

I had to retake the written part but I got the practical on the first try

The first-time I took the test it was this big black lady with an attitude she flunked me for driving with one hand. The second time the instructor said it doesn't matter as long as you have control

I took my driving test at 25

Took it twice. Failed the first because I cut a corner and touched the curb on a left turn. This was in Hollister and I had never driven those roads before, the streets were tiny.

I had a friend who failed because as he was leaving the area where the instructor hops on board with you, his mom took a photo of him and he looked, smiled and waved back. The instructor failed him right on the spot for that, because he distracted himself or something. Fucking lmao

Whoops, meant right turn

Four times, I should of passed the third time though. Supposedly using someone's driveway to three point turn is bad.

Passed both written and physical test for my 125cc license on the first try

Passed both written and physical test for my car license on the first try

Passed my physical test for my extended car license (towing large trailers) at first try, no written test

Passed my snowmobile written test on the first try, with no physical test needed

We'll see what happens if I ever decide to get my license for trucks

Passed the written/computer test on my first try and passed the driving on my second, took the driving test when I was 14 or 15 to get a school permit

I passed the 1st time because I'm not retarded

I bribed the cop

I took mine at 20. Couldn't give a shit about driving in highschool because I lived walking distance from school and didn't care about much except video games and internet. Took me 2 years of college to give enough of a shit to take my test, but I still didn't try at all because change was spooky, trying was for faggots, and failed my written portion the first time. Spent a few minutes studying later and passed.

Sucks. My dad probably would have bought me a car in highschool had I shown literally any interest in getting off my ass and had some personal independence.

Wy cant you just be like America and get one goddamn license

First time on the theory and driving.

First time, no points off on the drive, and I think I missed a question or two on the written.

If you didn't pass the first time you probably shouldn't be driving.

Would have passed the first time but the van got stuck in the mid April freak snow storm that came out of nowhere overnight. They just told me to continue you it after. So technically second.

failed written test 3 times as 16 year old
passed written test first time as 18 year old
passed driving test first time as 18 year old

>start with home instruction needing 40 day and 20 night time driving hours
>do laps around the neighborhood
>10 hours total maybe
>1 year later
>testing completely different
>no longer taking past courses
>call the place
>you only need to do the driving test user
>start driving test
>talk diablo 2 with instructor the whole time
>pass 100%
>Go home
>4 hrs later olaying with instructor
>tells me he failed a bitch right after me b/c she ran a red light and stop sign

>pass test with maybe 10 hours experience in a neighborhood
Yeah,nah
I failed the test 12 times

>Some government technical school
>get a road class that I sit in for 2 days
>go to take the test with 3 other students
>only one to pass
The other two failed the parallel parking, the girl failed the city drive. Turning right on no right turn reds. This was 10 years ago.

>Hired instructor who used to be an examiner
>Take a lesson a week for a little while
>Pass test first go

No

Uhm. three times... But I drive alright now I guess. I just didnt use my mirrors properly.

Because we're big about safety, and its working; we're rated as having the safest traffic in the world. Last year only one child under the age of 10 was killed in traffic in the entirety of Norway, a six year old who slid on a sled under a semi truck... we have a lot of strict rules, safety inspections, super expensive and comprehensive licenses and all that, but its quite apparently working to all intents and purposes. Now, if we just got rid of a lot of taxes and fees so that younger people/people with tighter budgets could afford newer and safer cars aswell as rework some laws regarding lighting we'd be one step closer to the "Zero tolerance vision" we have here, meaning that we have a vision that in the future there will not be a single person killed or seriously injured in norwegian traffic

I did 8 dabs right before and got an almost perfect score on the driving test. The instructor said it was the best parallel job he's seen in quite some time, not bad for the first time in a massive SUV.

First time, but that was before driving without one for two years.

>first time
>go eight over
>fail
>second time
>go five over
>fail
>third time
>"i'll let five or ten over slide t. cop"
>pass

I failed the written test and the drivers test twice because of pretty much the same character flaw. I was so overconfident I thought I could take the written test without studying, and I thought I could pass the driving test without really knowing how to parrelel park. In the end, I know every little piece of tiny insignificant information regarding traffic laws and I can parrelell park like a motherfucker, but it would have been nice not having to go through all that stress from failing if I had just passed the first time around. Even thinking about having to take the test makes me sick to my stomach, and then I am relieved when I realize I never have to again.

Had to take and pass MSF courses fo rmy motorcycle license. Had to take the beginner test twice in the same day. Screwed up on a low speed test where you turned a circle inside a small box.

fucking abbos

I took mine at 16, after driving for a year with a permit.

>drivers ed
>walk in the DMV walk out, no test
So am I master race pass it in 0 tries

1st time because hurr paid 500 shekels for driving school so I can get car insurance discount.

Passed my first try, but my second try for my motorcycle license while on my scooter

Mostly it's because the roads are so shit that you can't go faster than 70 km/h, so even if you have an accident, not much will happen.
Agree on the taxes, though. I would like a car.

I failed my learners' permit on the first try, but got my drivers' license on the first try.

is that supposed to be an insult? pretty sure at least 80% of Veeky Forums regulars are in high school/college

First time best time
All the men in my family passed first time

Forgot that I was supposed to take the test that day and smoked a few bowls at lunch. I went after school to take the test and only missed like 2 questions on the written, and passed the practical with nothing off. I don't see how anyone could fail multiple times as I did it baked as fuck.

Ex-Driver?

What? Did you choose a pic from an anime that came out when you were born?

First time with two minors;

Tapped a kerb when I pulled over
Ran a yellow light

First time in America on my 16th birthday, no sweat.

In Japan with ten years of driving under my belt and six months or so of driving in Japan with an international permit, it took me two tries.

Bottom line: driving tests in America are a joke.

boo fucking hoo manuals are hard

Why would you assume that starting a thread about how many tries it took to pass a test would mean I'm of the youth?

Failed my first because the instructor was an Indian with a very heavy accent, and failed me for not following instructions. Pointing at things and saying "wolololo" is not an instruction.

Went to another centre a few days later and passed.

Because no-one who didn't just pass their test cares.

I passed my test 2 years ago

Me too, mang. You're the only other person I've heard of who passed on the second try.

Yeah, I hear it's not uncommon for new drivers to take six or seven tries.

Also, it was disappointing to see that I was the only one taking the test in a manual on either of the days I went. After failing my first attempt my proctor said I probably would have passed if I'd been driving an automatic, but fuck that.

When I took the test I saw some people with what looked to be 15 attempts. I know the Japanese proctors are strict as hell where I live, but there comes a point where people should just be told that they can't drive.

everyone is so much better than me they can not invasion how its possible to fail
so have never taken the test and just drive around without a licence

Oh yeah, driving test.
Great fun

>have 40 lessons because the driving exam here is hard and I sucked at driving.
>so over 60 driving hours in an nice Hyundai i30 wagon (turbo diesel)
>evening before driving exam, I have my last lesson
>instructor: "So user, what would you do if the battery light came on while driving?"
>me: "what colour is it?"
>"Red"
>"Stop immediately "
>"Correct, but if you stop on your driving exam you automatically fail"
>lulwut.png
>"So if the light comes on tomorrow you should say to you examiner that you'd normally stop but since this is the exam you'll continue driving"
>"Wait, is there something wrong with the car?"
"Yeah the alternator is getting worn out, I hit it with a hammer yesterday so the light went out again and it should just make it to your exams"
>"O-okay then"

>Drive for half an hour
>Battery light back on
>Instructor: "Shit, guess we'll have to bring it to the garage"
HolyfuckingshitI'mfuckingfucked.jpeg
>At garage
>They can fix it first thing in the morning before my test
CoolI'llbealright.tiff

>Next morning, go to garage
>"Well actually we didn't have an alternator so we didn't do anything to the car"
Fuckthisfuckingfuckwit.raw
>Instructor calls other driving school, "Hey can we borrow your car?" "Sure"
>We go to to exam centre, other guy with car will meet us there
>He walks in 15 minutes before my exam, I'm nervous as hell, but anyway we have a car so all's well
>Meet my examinor, and after explaining the situatien we go outside to begin the test
>Car is parked in front
>A
>FUCKING
>TOYOTA
>AYGO
>FUCKING PETROL
shitIdidn'tsignupforthis.gif
>Examinor "So user let's begin"
>"Uh sure yeah"

Short story long, the car was so low I scraped the bumpers over every speedbump while doing flat 30kmh in a 30 zone. I stalled it about 3 times on traffic lights and 1 time in slow traffic. Didn't know where the light switch was, didn't know how to brake properly in this tiny cakebox.
Anyway I passed the second time luckily

Also I'm curious, what did you guys pay to get your license? Here in the Netherlands you have to follow driving lessons at a driving school, and the average of 30 lessons+1 driving test cost about 1200 euro at most driving schools, the theory exam (which you have to get yourself) is roughly 40 euro per time.
A second driving test is about 200 euro's I believe

Through some miracle, I got it 100% on the first go.
Fucked if I know how I pulled that off.

In the UK I drove my dad's car for about 2 weeks and then paid 60 pounds to do the test and 30 for my license

Though I think they changed it now so you have to have a minimum number of lessons

Driving tests vary quite a bit on who is giving them. That said, I passed first try.

3x but I had to do it in a huge suv. A chevy trailblazer. I parallel parked it good all 3 times but drove too fast on both tests because the Suv built momentum too quickly in my hilly area going downhill.

Honestly, how fuckin retarded do you have to be to speed on your driving test? The only thing you have to do is drive according to road rules, you can drive as slow as you want.

Ah man that's way nicer, wish I could have done that :(
Oh yeah I think I payed something like 40 euro for my licence as well

2 times. I only passed the second time because of shitty weather and instructor just wanted to get back inside.

high school and college aren't the same thing, friend.

First time on a Manual, we can't do driving tests on automatics here

One.

Driving school signed me up for the theory test from day 2 since I scored 39/40 on my first practice.

Did the driving test after the minimal training time (so 20 hours) and passed it only losing points for non eco-friendly driving (basically downshifting every time the car would loose speed. I blame Renault and their stupidly set turbo on the 1.5 dci for that), not asking if everyone had put on their seatbelts and looking around by moving my eyeballs rather than my head.

high test

It is for non STEM majors.
>Paying money to retake 9th grade classes
topcuck.jpg

Twice.

Failed my first one for indicating too early before a junction (there was a road before it and I indicated as I was coming up to that), and because I wasn't checking mirrors enough.

Passed the second time with only one minor fault.

Passed the written test the first time at 14, and passed the road test the first time at 16.

Getting your license in America is ridiculous. It's way too easy here, it should be more challenging. I remember that more than half of my driver's training class was watching movies from the 90's on vhs and learning what the shape and color of road signs mean.

I feel like if they taught you useful skills like how to change a tire and how to drive defensively there would be better drivers on the road.

We should take notes from Wales and get kids on the skidpad before they turn 10

>huge suv
>Chevy trailblazer

O.k.

Passed first try with a perfect score

Are you all retarded or something?

I thought not passing the driving test on your first time was a joke, like Spongebob not being able to pass his test

>there are people that had to take the test multiple times and are actually allowed to drive on the freeway

There's may be an unofficial recommendation but fuck knows what that might be, and for what its worth I had about 50 hours in all weather other than snow (have never driven in snow conditions since passing 18 months ago)

And to stay relevant to op I passed the theory test on my second attempt, and practical on my first attempt, and I'm the worst driver I know by a long way.

>he fell for the STEM meme

I passed the road test and bribed my instructor to change the date on my papers so I could get my full licence that day.
Cost me $40 to bribe him

not every country has shit easy driving tests you know

Passed it the first time, in a manual.

I was also the oldest in my group of friends and the first to get licensed, so admittedly that was pretty fuckin' sweet.

>tfw you've been driving almost 13 years

failed the written test about 5 times, between attempt 3 and 4 there was about a 2 year gap. got my license at 18, passed the driving test first try.

Passed the written and road tests the first time, though it took me two times to nail the parallel parking portion.

failed the written, 35 questions and you are allowed 3 strikes before a fail.
>you are approaching an intersection and pedestrians want to cross
>A stop for pedestrians and let them cross
>B slow your pace and continue cautiously
>C continue moving at the same speed
>D speed up
though it was C, fucking pedestrians can wait
---------
>On a roadway with three or more lanes, you must stop for a school bus with flashing red lights
>A Only if you are traveling in the same direction as the bus.
>B If you are traveling in the opposite direction as the bus.
>C Only if children are crossing the road.
>D If you are traveling in either direction.
thought it was D
-------
>By law, your vehicle’s lights must be turned on from
>A A half hour after sunset until a half hour before sunrise.
>B A half hour before sunset until a half hour before sunrise.
>C An hour before sunset until an hour before sunrise.
>D An hour after sunset until an hour after sunrise.
I had a car with with the light detection thing so I really never touched them.

Passed the actual driving exam without a flaw, and half the people on the road today would miss at least three questions if they took it again.

Passed theory and closed area driving test on the first try, then:
>exam center is in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, literally 10 km away from any civilization with a single bus passing by every 2 hours, and it's further 30km to my home from the closest city; obviously no car and nobody with a car to drive me there
>I have to show up there at 8am to get my papers, then wait 6 hours until the scheduled exam time in the city with nothing to do and nowhere to stay
>there are around 30 people taking exam and only two examiners so you could easily end up having to wait like 4 hours in the freezing wind
>then you jump into a car dead tired, nervous and shaking from cold, do something stupid within 5 minutes max and wait another month for the retake forgetting little you knew or throwing money at driving school for extra lessons that teach you nothing just to not lose shape
Survived it twice, bribed on the third cause it's a fucking torture that serves no purpose and I knew I won't be driving for the next few years anyways. Just wanted to get my license before they screwed up with driving schools any more. Two days later my body seems to finally gave up and I came down with the worst cold I ever had.
Next summer I got my motorcycle license on the first try, though it's a fucking joke here. There's no road test, only theory and closed area driving test where you idle a YBR through an 8, a few cones and corners and shift to 2nd gear and right back once and this somehow makes you all ok to jump onto a liter sportbike and crash into a semi.

That was probably true 10 years ago, kid.

The first time I took the test because I was palming the wheel too much and failed. Came back the next day and passed it, but the same asshole almost failed me because he didn't tell me he wanted me to stop and I drove right past the point he wanted me to stop at. Closed course.

I would have passed it the first time but the instructor's car decided it was going take a shit right on my day and fuck it's own brake lights. Didn't even get to start the test properly.

Got it the next time around though.

First time even though I clearly almost murdered a jaywalking mexican family. It's like they hopped right off the street sign. The guy testing me was wearing a lab coat for no reason and was clearly stoned out of his mind though so its all gud

Passed 1st time at 15.
It isn't really any kind of great achievement.
I hear they don't even make kids parallel park these days so it should really be a complete joke now...

>light two-wheel passed on first try
>two wheel up to 125cc passed on first try
>B-class driving license (car) passed on first try
>automatically updated license to allow for all size bikes

And no easy-mode american tests either, manual cars and two-part tests under government officials.

I have never had to retake tests in my life, other than a few swedish-language tests in school, but fuck those, I did alternatives to pass the classes anyway.

I passed the written test on my third try. I passed the physical test on my first try. All he had to say was that I just need to not be so nervous and I'll be fine in due time.

2 years later, I'm alright. Only time I get super nervous is when people around me drive like maniacs.