/acg/ Armored Core General: 0 AP regulation

So it died. Hopefully the OP is right. First time.
Pic source is DaddyD by LasloLF for those wondering.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>7/17 8PM EST

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVteKLcNi3g
youtube.com/watch?v=2JNRMSGdL5U
my.mixtape.moe/skyamu.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks so much user with reply to , I'll change the main unit when I can with your suggestions.
I curious on how sniper builds could work in game. Anyone else got additional tips?
Sniper and assault. What's wrong with two regular rifles by what you assumed? Not aware with meta.

Bump

Bump

Bump.

Sorry for falling asleep and not bumping last thread.

Bump.

Bump.

Good start guys, 5 bumps out of 6 posts. Never change acg.

I'm just waiting for a man to answer more of my questions.
Heck I'm the first two bumps.

Jesus.

I'd love to help but my FA builds are all crap and I have given up on multiplayer for it outside of split screen because building to have to accommodate dodgy net code just isn't fun.

I miss this series

Enjoy your dark souls

Bump.

>tfw can't never get good with this game

Welcome to the club.

>everyone beats you in a matchup

I understand your pain.

Amen

FA is still fun to play, but you're kidding yourself if you ever took online seriously with it.

The only decent multiplayer game From has ever made was Verdict Day. Or maybe Chromehounds, I didn't play that one.

Verdict day still has shitty netcode but at least you only notice it when you have high ping and use high velocity rounds. It doesn't make or break the match unless someone's lagging hard.

Even Dark Souls 2 is a joke. The whole meta is based around counter modifiers and wide area attacks because everyone has to fight 20-50 frames ahead of what's actually happening.

So in both games the ONLY way to hit someone is to either play some heavy mind games and predict their move way in advance, or to trade. Which is why pretty much every PvP build in DS2 relies on counter damage, magic spam, or spin2win.

>not becoming a newtype
Well that's down heartening.

Bump.

>power focused laser cannons destroy your energy less quickly than rapid focused laser cannons
I never would have figured that if I weren't running the math on it. How odd.
V free battles > Verdict Day on the whole

Is there an arena in V/VD?
From synopsis, there doesn't seem to be much focused ravens/pilots.

Bump.

Nope, you just fight them in missions. Bit of a shame really, they lost that and all split screen features.

Fucking online multiplayer is a mistake.
VI gotta fix it.

Are there any favourite Pilots outside of chief people like?

By fix, I mean similar SP from older titles.

How come

>VI gottat fix it

But FROM knows what are they doing right now with the serie?

I guess but still

>just using whatever in SNFA because fun
>japscrub joins
>typical lahire mach speed missile build
>tells us we're bad when we kick him
USING META CANCER DOES NOT EQUATE TO BEING GOOD

>Last thread apparently hit limit bump
>I post in last thread
>Dies

A-am I the Shinigami of threads, bakas?

You've just cursed us again.

>getting bootyblasted over superior craftsmanship
Good goi-I mean Lynx, maybe you should invest in Omer?

>tells us we're bad when we kick him

Wait, really.

Damn, i missed this.

It's just happened in the past, not this last SNFA

Oh.

So, what exactly did the jap say?

They messaged Xez once, and on another occasion an user that doesn't play/post here anymore. Just typical stuff like "lol you can't beat me. leave loser", it's extremely infuriating when it happens

This is why you don't challenge Nippon.

>an user that doesn't play/post here anymore

I take it this dude was always an asshole?

Bump,

Tell me about this build.

Anyone know a complete OST collection including covers?

kek, why would you assume that? To be fair, the last time he played with us he got super peeved that he couldn't join our lobby because of network issues and basically ragequit. Shame, he made really unique stuff that actually worked quite well.

You use a Lahire frame, you use either lahire or rayleonard thrusters, you use the sobrero core, and you use the Big Sioux missile launcher and propel missiles at speed previously unknown to man and do massive damage.

Why didn't I think if this before?
Thanks user. Gonna sell my souls to the devil

I don't like you anymore

No one does.
Why does the Sobrero core look so wierd?

Oh, when I said core I meant generator. Honestly though the core might be able to give you more speed.

You guys ever visit a buffet? Pretty nice place when you hang out with friends. Friend pulls out his phone to watch guys faceplant on youtube, other friend is wandering the parking lot playing Pokemon go (and he's about 5 seconds away from traffic, so someone out of us has to babysit the guy), while my 3DS bud is playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, and I'm just relaxing with Armored Core Silent Line portable. Trying not to use blatantly overpowered weapons, and it's a fun game when you don't use machine guns.

>buffet
>outside
>friends
Sounds gay man, no offence.

>goes to a buffet with friends
>all of them stare at their devices of choice
>he does the same

Bump.

Dangit, man. You need to be specific.
Someone on Legacy figured out the formula for calculating how your energy drains while charging a weapon and what kind of energy output you would need to neutralize it.
You take the energy consumption during use, divide by the maximum charge time, and then multiply by 60.
Now, speccing for rapid does a few things to laser weapons. Most notably, it cuts the max charge time (so you can charge the weapon faster) and it decreases the energy during use (to make it cost less energy to charge). So, what appears to be going on is that the charge time is decreasing faster than the energy consumption rate. It's true that you need less energy to reach full charge and that it happens faster with rapid, but thanks to that it jacks up the magic output number needed to neutralize the charge, thus making the charge empty your capacity faster.
85% of VD's maps are veritable garbage. Most of the free battle maps in VD fall within this range of garbage. They're lacking in the cover and jumpability that was emblematic of V.
Actually, here's a good way to think about it.
VD's meta is defined by super heavy quads with heavy weapons that gain as much altitude as possible and then float and shoot as much as possible and super light LRJs that abuse Murakumos.
V's meta revolved around LRJs with sniper rifles which, despite having two subcomputers, couldn't lock on fast enough to hit that other fag in his LRJ, meaning you have to dedicate a lot of time to learning when you can make a shot where you don't truly have a lock. Neither of you have time for a true lock because everybody is jumping every which way in a labyrinth of buildings (in which you die if you get lost) which are so tall that they provide the top cover needed to stop float quads from eating everything. It involves a lot more skill.

Sort of but not really. There are regular side missions which are missions. Then you have AC battle missions where it's just a 1v1 (sometimes 2v1) AC fight. So it functions mostly like arena battles but not really. The ACs you fight in these missions also don't show up in the main story at all.

Pretty sure the meta was just less developed in V. I also don't remember much about LRJ snipers being broken or even good in team matches, only in singles. I agree that a lot of maps in VD are dumb but the reasons for that are far more varied than just that. For one, leg types are just straight up unbalanced.

There's a nyaa torrent in the pastebin. That should be what you're looking for.
Yes, I'm familiar with buffets. We typically eat and leave our phones in our pockets unless we need them to bring up something relevant.
Been there done that. It's not as effective as you want it to be.

Any good webms of this series?

and keep QB in the sides of the arena when running of the incoming gangbang.

You just can't utilize it well because you're not a japscrub

It was either that, or we stay home and watch our fat friend play World of Warcraft. The former option gets us some sunshine at least.

Can you talk about anything? I suppose that being friends means you guys share a topic that appeals to all of you.

bump

bump.

Bump.

I mentioned this to Jeck but I might as well share the story.
>Urist, a merc, my UNAC and I get into a fight
>Urist immediately decides he wants to laser cannon tank
>other team readies up within a second
>I know two non-teammates on my friends list are playing right now
>hmmmmmm
>I bet it's that guy who loves his quad UNACs way too much
>bring a mid with Tansies and give it plasma missiles
>it was exactly who I thought it was
>four quads
>I go around some boats, find the guy, and lay into him
>he melts
>meanwhile Urist knocks the UNACs for half their AP per volley
>UNACs quickly melt from the rest of us
>rekt
>get another merc
>run into him again
>I swap to HEAT cannon tank, Urist to piler
>two quads and two tanks
>all the good calls happening today
>the new merc blades Urist by accident early on
>we still murder the UNACs and the guy because HEAT cannons are awesome and the new merc lands some good melee hits
You know it.
They both had plenty of time to develop. Heck, V's first meta was figured out in a couple weeks. Same for VD, actually.
In any case, snipers weren't really broken, they were just the meta. They were useful in team fights because you could have everybody unload on some guy for a bit and if he manages to wiggle out with just a bit of AP you could send your LRJ sniper to catch up to him and finish him while the rest of the team dogs on some other guy. That said, they were much less prevalent in conquest and much more so in free battle, and that's what matters most because conquest was a horrid broken mess.

>no front weapons
Truly a masterpiece

>To be fair, the last time he played with us he got super peeved that he couldn't join our lobby because of network issues and basically ragequit.

This is not true, i've been dealing with that for forever i just keep forgetting about SNFA and have been meaning to play in one. Also, Dota 2 International is almost about to start so i've basically been enthralled in that recently. I also got tired of bumping

Girlgames1

What's that

I just googled it:
Play our Fun, and always Free Online Girl Games for Girls at girlgames1.com.
Welcome to Girl Games 1, the girl gaming ...

How powerful is a NEXT compared to any Warhammer machine.

The content user.

This.

V's "Free battle" was better becauase there was simply more people playing it, with a less developed meta. You didn't have to try very hard to win or feel like you were doing well because there was always such a variety of people using fun/gimmicky builds.

VD's meta has nothing to do with sawa quads or kumorabis, those are gimmick builds. It is based around muzzle velocity, counter building, glide boost, and map choice. VD added a ton of weapons that were critical to "filling out" the metagame by giving players more equivalent options on the 3 damage types, so now you could actually employ multiple strategies in a single AC instead of making it rely entirely on one or two gimmicks.

Though, totally agreed, V's maps were better. But that's about the only thing better in V.

youtube.com/watch?v=FVteKLcNi3g
Anyone got radio version of dirty worker?

Or where does this play
youtube.com/watch?v=2JNRMSGdL5U

Laser cannon tank is what I was using last time I was with Urist.

That guy's quads had nothing for TE, made sense to me. That and kicking them with a tank anyway, his don't have any kick function..

Fucking christ I can never get over how goddamn ugly Lahire is. I think it might be, legitimately, the most ugly AC in the ENTIRE franchise, and definitely the most ugly prominent frame.

Even sobrero, weird as it is, has that sort of 'cheap bi-plane' look to it. Lahire just looks like Insane Clown Posse: The AC.

Rayleonard did nothing wrong.

>Hating Lahire
Only bad thing is it's head, the rest is fine.
Well the Core.

Legs and Core are awful
Arms are sort of acceptable, maybe if you use Aaliyah core
Head is good.

seriously, try to think of another AC that looks more grotesque as Lahire.

Core is fine, legs sure, but Soldner is worse.

>I also got tired of bumping
We are bleeding to death.

You're fucking nuts. At least Soldner looks like a mech, instead of an orgy of weaboo katanas and ninja stars, with the stance of a 80s cowboy.

Solder is 'meh' but Lahire is offensively ugly.

Lahire defenders are just collared dogs and tryhards who have to justify using the ugliest fucking gimmick mechs just because they can't win by using anything solid and useful.

>burning with hatred for Lahire

A next probably can destroy titans withouth much problem, to fast to be hit, and with heavy weapons can probably make damage. Bladers will just go straigh for the cockpit.

Didnt someone post this a radio edit like 2 threads ago?

For the only thing that ruins Lahire is are the legs, that weird pose is terrible, the core isnt that bad when put with the arms, If I use a lahire I change the leg for X-SOBRERO and fix it for me.

>Rayleonard did nothing wrong
Mah nigga.

That core Is piss man, the front looks almost imbalanced. The head is a fuckin cone. Why use it when GA or Torus are better builds?
>tried to challenge GA
>Tried to destroy Anatolia
>bunch of bladefags and filthy Commies
>defunct

Bump.

>Core isn't bad
>Pictured: Typical Lahire Player

I mean in it in the aesthetic of the frame, outside of the frame the core itself is ugly and hardly looks good with something else, same with the second gen Algebra core, that shit is hard to mae it look good.

But lahire legs are terrible even on his frame.

Found it.
my.mixtape.moe/skyamu.mp3
I also think the lessened energy output is a plus.
And depending on who you ask, the lack of shields is a big plus.
You missed the train by about a year.
I never really understood what got people so freaked out about them. They're not very extreme, like medium salsa.

>not running the sharpest reverse legs and that flat, plate headed head.
Nah.

The legs are fiiiine.

I'll find a way to make them work.

Bump.

>Nexus ost>Last Raven ost
Can't dispute

Sounds pretty crazy.

Hold the fuck on, don't tell me For Answer has manual fucking saving? As in, there's no autosave?

Let me guess, you progressed through the game, turned off your console without saving therefore losing progress?

Yeah, gotta save manually, no auto save.