Game maker complete is only $15. ($800 on steam)

Game maker complete is only $15. ($800 on steam)

Now there is no excuse to not make shitty one tap android/ ios games that are super addictive to generate all that adsense money.

humblebundle.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753268-Do-I-have-to-give-you-any-of-the-profits-from-my-game-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>or you can get gamemaker for free on tpb

does game maker take a % of earnings?

im interested but isn't the market saturated at fuck?

It's an easy platform for programming... I always think that somehow this GameMaker is bait

>look through dead flashgame sites for their most popular ones
>create a slight variation using game maker
>make 50k a day through ads
lemon squeezy, got me rich

Game maker is a shit engine for shitty programmers and uses its own meme language called GML game maker language.

Use unity you idiot, the whole damn thing is free

Is unity hard if your only experience is game maker?

>>make 50k a day through ads

Wtf, Nguyen from flappy bird?

unity requires knowledge in c# if i remember, either that or c++, possibly both, also lua i believe, there is no easy way to making games in unity without advanced knowledge of the languages

>does game maker take a % of earnings?
Nope

help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753268-Do-I-have-to-give-you-any-of-the-profits-from-my-game-

Undertake used gamemaker

making good games is hard work

making flappy birds is luck

either way, to make money u need hard work or luck

this is entry level for people wanting to make games. easy to make games does not mean easy to do art, soundtrack, design, or ur shitty ideas

Undertale

100% correct, but this is Veeky Forums, official home of people wanting to get rich quick who like to pretend that they're somehow different than people who constantly buy lottery tickets.

That still doesn't stop me from buying the software on a massive discount.

Even if it takes me a while to get around to building a game, it's worth it. I just have to finish writing that book first, and then setting up a store selling 3D printed designs, and a number of other projects to try and get me out of this 9-5. Then maybe I'll do something.

That's the spirit.

Nothing wrong with buying a lotto on occasion

There's like 3 companies who dominate mobile gaming. Your shitty clickers won't even be downloaded more than single digits

Toby is a shit programmer. He said so himself.
There is also a rumor that the game contains a 500-case switch statement.

Unity uses scripts similar to GM, you can use C#, JavaScript or Boo (Python). That's just a matter of preference.

There is a learning curve with Unity scripting if your only programming/scripting knowledge is GMS, which sucks and will teach you bad habits.

GM script will do that to you if you don't know programming/scripting. You develop bad habits really easily.

Still, if it works, it works. Toby's rolling in the dough.

Damn I messed around with GameMaker when I was wicked young. it's 800 fucking dollars now?

Yo-yo games bought it, added publishing to other devices with a terrible yo-yo games emulator, and charged $150 per 'module'

>Glorified DLC
Kek

How far will I come if the only language I know is C?
Regarding all game development environments.

So if I have a good idea for a game and learn the basics of how Game Maker works I can easily build it? That's great because I'm good with graphics (characters, etc.) and music as well.

Should I use kickstarter or patreon to gain some money?

Depends on how well you know C, and the concepts of programming as a whole. Most IDEs don't use compiled code anyway, mainly scripts.

So unless you intend to write your own engine (C++), knowledge in JavaScript is probably more applicable.

>So if I have a good idea for a game and learn the basics of how Game Maker works I can easily build it?
That depends on what you want to make. I've played around with gamemaker 8 in the past and the basic rule of thumb was that if it's 2d you can make it with gamemaker. The parts that gamemaker makes easy is adding sprites, music and creating levels. Programming basic movement etc is also easy. An good AI on the other hand requires some skill.

You'd also want to take a look at the gamemaker community forums if you run into problems or wanted some examples/ other resources.

>500 case switch
Jesus fuck. I'm almost comepletely /g/ illiterate but shit dude.

Slightly better than a drop-down menu to enter your phone number. Yup, every number from 0000000000 to 9999999999. Maybe one more digit in there for country codes, I can't remember.

>Still, if it works, it works. Toby's rolling in the dough.
Yeah, for sure, but if you're looking for examples to dispel the "GM is for retards who don't know how to program" meme, Undertale is a bad choice since it seems to be mostly duct tape under the hood.

It must have been a nightmare to debug. Someone suggested it was probably the event handler, so I imagine there were a lot of times during testing where Papyrus would randomly start talking because Toby forgot a break statement.

i got it too with this same thinking. i'd looked at buildbox, but this is cheaper. i have other things which are of a higher priority, but i figured that having this i could treat it as something to do in my spare time. i don't watch TV so it is good to have something to fill those odd hours. i'll learn how it works over a length of time and then make something.

>"GM is for retards who don't know how to program" meme

so is it a meme or based on reality? because i just bought it and have zero coding experience. i do understand if/then/else and some of the logic behind coding from my veteran years as a wc3 mapmaker. that's also where i got the creativity and passion for making games from.

will GM allow me to make cool, fun games that are robust enough to sell? not looking to get rich here. just make stuff.

"Hi I just purchased a product. Now tell me if it works."

It's not a meme anymore, m8.

Hyper Light Drifter
Spelunky
Undertale
Hotline Miami

Yes, it will allow you to make cool and fun games.

Assuming you can draw, script, compose and design well.

I recommend you learn proper technique with something easy, like javascript.
GM script makes it way to easy to form bad habits that lead to less performance.

>Hyper Light Drifter
30fps cap with physics and timings dependent on said cap. (heck, you have to set the target FPS of each 'room' individually, instead of a master FPS variable)

>Undertale
500 case switch statement

that is not to say these games are bad, they're all great games. But I cant stress enough how loose the coding is in what it lets you do, leading to bad code and bad habits.

Just because you can drive with both feet, doesn't mean you should.

Literally every language that matters is a C derivative

>draw, script, compose and design well
>tfw i cant do any of these

Will I still be able to rip off old flash games and re-purpose them for mobile devices?

Yes, outsourcing is a thing.

Didn't Hotline Miami get all the music for free in exchange for the publicity?