How would i go about cleaning these aluminum rims. Tried pressure wash and there are still some problems. Chemicals...

How would i go about cleaning these aluminum rims. Tried pressure wash and there are still some problems. Chemicals? Grinding wheel?

If you grind on those, be prepared to clearcoat them, or you'll just end up with more oxidation.

Those look fucked but a rag, brake dust remover and some elbow grease should bring you some good results

S.O.S pads work really well

Heres the other really bad one, theyre all pretty beat but this is the worst. Im gonna go the elbow grease route, you think gasoline would work as a solvent? Brake cleaner? You know anything i can buy in bulk from home depot?

>You know anything i can buy in bulk from home depot?
Simple Green HD is available there in concentrated form. You can dilute it as required. It's safe for aluminum.

Aluminum?
Did you mean to say aluminium?

Turtle Wax/Meguiars wheel cleaner & a dishwashing brush

>being this retarded

Your best bet is another set of wheels. The finish is completely gone on those you have and no amount of cleaning is going to be worthwhile.

Missing some lugs homie

They look fucked pal they are corroded to fuck. You can easy get the brake dust off with some wheel cleaner a brush and a pressure washer though.
But you are looking at a refurb to get them looking good.

Sand blast and powder coat

You might try some wheel acid that they sell for semi truck wheels. Can't remember the name but it's super harsh and you need to dilute it.

Would one of those Mothers polishing balls/cones be good?

in short no because they are made of a fine spongy material. They're for wheels that are already sort of clean. You should use meguiars wheels cleaner and mebbe a wire grill brush. Sand then clear coat

Op here, im busting out the wire brush on a drill tomorrow, will post results.

Aluminum cleaner..?

Do i have to tell you its not for drinking and to wash your hands afterwards as well...?

Have fun ruining your wheels.

You're going to make them look even worse unless you put a LOT of hours into it. And do more than a wire brush on a power drill. It isn't worth it.

>two broken studs
Stop over torqing your wheels

it's just a jeep.
with missing nuts.