Alright, this guy is obviously an impostor. So who's the real pope?

Alright, this guy is obviously an impostor. So who's the real pope?

Benedict is still alive. Is it him?

Other urls found in this thread:

sconews.co.uk/news/9068/pope-benedict-xvi-calls-for-solidarity-towards-immigrants/
en.radiovaticana.va/news/2015/09/07/the_pope_emeritus_is_praying_for_migrants_and_refugees/1170080
w2.vatican.va/content/benedict-xvi/en/messages/migration.index.html
vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_19840806_theology-liberation_en.html
w2.vatican.va/content/benedict-xvi/en/letters/2009/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20090310_remissione-scomunica.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>pope returns to Christianity's weak, servile roots
>waaah imposter

If you don't like this sort of cuckery, pick a religion that isn't fundamentally a masochistic, self-hating suicide cult.

This is b8

But it's true

Didn't Jesus say stuff like using violence is okay and stuff?

Not really.

>27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
>28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
>29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.
>30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
>31Do to others as you would have them do to you.
>32"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them.
>33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that.
>34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full.
>35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without
expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

>"the pope is infallible. if you don't follow his commands then you are a sinner bound for hell"
>"but this pope doesn't count because I don't like what he says"
Martin Luther was right.

This

The Pope is supposed to be the closest link to God

Don't like it? Pick a different religion, dumbass.

he advocated for banker murder but that was about it

Technically, this Pope isn't official

You can't elect a Pope until the original Pope dies

>I bring not the olive branch but the sword.
he was pretty overt with his zealotry

This is the third case of a resigned pope

Infallible only when speaking Ex Cathedra.

>therefore i can ignore everything my pope tells me

No, but he's still infallible only when speaking Ex Cathedra.

>Technically, this Pope isn't official
No, he is. He was elected the official way by the official people, thus he is official.

Why does everyone hate this pope? No /pol/ response pls.
It seems like a very kind hearted man who cares more about the treatment of gods children rather than the man made Institutions we value more than human life. Those institutions being culture, countries, language, races.
His critics seems to hate him for being too kind hearted. He is a man with his head on the kingdom of heaven rather than earthly trivialities.

Media deliberately misinterpreting everything he says to fit a PC trendy Tumblr label doesn't help.

Great he's super virtuous but being kind and hospitable to people who want to kill you doesn't work out to well in the long run

Because many people here are Christians as a reaction against liberalism/secularism. so to see a pope saying a lot of liberal things rubs them the wrong way.

They would like a return to the days when the pope wore a crown, excommunicated anyone to the left of evola, and explicitly stated that everyone who was not Catholic in the legal sense is going to hell

It's all in God's will.

Are you questioning Gods will?

Don't you know everything happens for a reason?

>being kind and hospitable to people who want to kill you doesn't work out to well in the long run

This is literally what Jesus said to do. I'm not even using 'literally' in the meme sense Jesus pretty much said those exact words.

Pope Francis keeps playing his hand in politics with a eerily liberal agenda. He's released statements attacking Donald Trump as a Christian, said Europe should take in more "refugees" and other stuff. He's like Angela Merkel in that he tells others what to do even when it works against them and he himself doesn't feel the consequences.

Yet his statement are totally inline with Catholic social teachings, He didnt just pull the stuff out of a hat

You could argue their is room for interpretation in those doctrines but he majority of statements and scholarship on the issue is on his side

The pope's refusal to acknowledge the persecution of his flock amounts to tacit support for its continuation.

persecution and martyrdom are things every Christian should be prepared to accept; however, we are not a suicide cult, we should not seek out death. When there are morally sound options we can use as a society to prevent this disaster, it is immoral to as the pope is doing cover your eyes and ears to the problem, thereby supporting unnessacery violence and persecution

I'm sure storing up your treasures on this earth where moths and rust eat it, and thieves steal it is a sound long term plan.

anyone read the syllabus of errors? try and imagine any pope since 1950 saying anything like that and then realise how much the church has changed

The problem is he steps on Catholics to achieve it.

Jesus never fucked over others to be altruistic.

Serious question. I assume your Catholic, have you ever even read the church's teachings on social justice?

How about the time he sacrificed himself for us
Don't you think Jesus knew he could do much more to help humans on earth had he stuck around
What matters is the salvation of our souls and nothing else

The Point is he didn't sacrifice others

>tfw idiots don't know about the long history of liberal Catholics

it's not just low-class Italians and drunk Irish trash y'know

JFK was the ultimate liberal Catholic and emblematic of the Roman faith in the upper-class

Does the pope?

first post best post

>adulterer
>model of liberal Catholicism

>JFK was the ultimate liberal Catholic
Wew lad.

What did happen to Emperor Benedict?

Ever seen the footage of all the cardinals clapping for him when he visited Rome?

Granted they might not have known he was an adulterer

user you are not allowed to call His Holiness illegitimate just because he says some things you don't agree with. That's not how being Catholic works.

>advocated for banker murder
HUH?

Catho larper can't into true Christ teaching.

this. orthodoxy.

>ultra conservatives call themselves catholic because liberals meme it as nothing but racism and violence
>get upset when the memes were actually just memes, and real Catholicism goes against everything they want
If anything, this is one of the best Popes we have had in a while.

No. Protestantism.
Cuck

>who's the real pope?
Christ

>Protestants

Jesus specifically mentions a kingdom divided is doomed to fall. You fucking proties shattered Christendom and have splintered so many times that secularists are validated for seeing Christians as a joke.

>I think differently
>better make my own Christian church now where my biblical interpretation is validated

Cuck

>Protestants are brainless cuckposters

Expected

>fuck worshiping God, ill worship muh church
>not cuckoldry

>The pope's refusal to acknowledge the persecution of his flock
Bullshit. He has condemned attacks on Christians again and again. He has condemned attacks on non-Christians as well, of course.

>fuck worshipping God in the way the Apostles and their successors taught, I know better than them!

Such pride, you'd think prots are the children of Satan.

The catholic church is acting direcly against the teachings of Jesus Christ, and if it wasnt for Martin Luther the catholic church would still be taxing you for redemption

They are hostile to intellectual freedom, and to learning in general

Protestantism is more of a pure form of Christianity, focusing on idealist way of Christ.

LEL

Yeah I'm sure God loves how Protestants splintered the Faith and burned more alleged witches than ever previously recorded.

Also who patronize the renaissance?

Oh right the Vatican.

>They are hostile to intellectual freedom, and to learning in general
Which Church is buttmad with evolution again?

Turn from your idolatry and walk as our Messiah did.

Oh, so Benedict XVI is okay?

"To suffer with the other and for others; to suffer for the sake of truth and justice; to suffer out of love and in order to become a person who truly loves — these are fundamental elements of humanity, and to abandon them would destroy man himself."

"If we refuse to share what we have with the hungry and the poor, we make of our possessions a false god. How many voices in our materialist society tell us that happiness is to be found by acquiring as many possessions and luxuries as we can! But this is to make possessions into a false god. Instead of bringing life, they bring death."

"It is impossible to interpret Jesus as a violent person. Violence is contrary to the Kingdom of God, it is a tool of the Antichrist. Violence never serves humanity, but dehumanizes."

"The primary capital to be safeguarded and valued is man, the human person in his or her integrity... The market must not become the place where the strong subdue the weak."

"The capacity to accept suffering for the sake of goodness is an essential criterion of humanity, because if my own well-being and safety are ultimately more important than justice, then the power of the stronger prevails, then violence reigns supreme. Truth and justice must stand above my comfort and physical well-being, or else my life itself becomes a lie. In the end, even the “yes” to love is a source of suffering, because love always requires expropriations of my “I”, in which I allow myself to be pruned and wounded. Love simply cannot exist without this painful renunciation of myself, for otherwise it becomes pure selfishness and thereby ceases to be love."

sconews.co.uk/news/9068/pope-benedict-xvi-calls-for-solidarity-towards-immigrants/
During visit to Venice, the Holy Father urged Italy to welcome those fleeing to its shores
Pope Benedict XVI has urged Catholics not to fear immigrants, but rather show solidarity towards new arrivals.

In his homily at the large public Mass, Pope Benedict spoke of the ‘fear of others, of foreigners’ who ‘reach our land and appear to threaten what we are.’
‘In light of immigration and the new geopolitical circumstances underway,’ the Church should favour solidarity and ‘strengthen its ancient spirit of unity,’ the Pope said.

en.radiovaticana.va/news/2015/09/07/the_pope_emeritus_is_praying_for_migrants_and_refugees/1170080
“Unfortunately the sea for many has become a tomb, but it should be a bridge. It must not be considered a border: the sea connects one country to another, one continent to another. If there are problems in a country or in a continent, the opposite shore should be there to help” he said.

Check also his speeches for World Migration Day:

w2.vatican.va/content/benedict-xvi/en/messages/migration.index.html

tl;dr he loves them

Thanks for cutting through the bullshit

>who cares more about the treatment of gods children rather than the man made Institutions we value more than human life
That just means he's a short sighted fool. Said institutions exist for human benefit, and destroying them to save a few lifes now means sacrificing the future of many more.

It's fucking amazing that ol' Benny was considered some sort of reactionary middle ages pope when in fact he was basically a strong representative of the church's left wing.
Just goes to tell you how much power media have. Looking like Palpatine hurt him more than the pedophilia scandal ever did.

All he ever did was publish some words against the theology of liberation:

vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_19840806_theology-liberation_en.html

And a few kind words to the SSPX while - at the same time, at that - declaring their non-canonical status:

w2.vatican.va/content/benedict-xvi/en/letters/2009/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20090310_remissione-scomunica.html

That's it.

Ratzinger is and remains a Vatican 2 clergyman and theologian through and through.

Same goes for the Church herself.

Nah, I'll stick the religion of my ancestors, the religion of Kings, Philosophers and Conquerors.

Borgolio and atheists like you are just a symptom of the cancer plaguing western civilization. History will not remember your kind fondly.

>Muh ancestors
Cringe.

Just like Neopagans, kek.

Christianity is completely fine. The true problem is relativism. Read up on Thomas Aquinas folks.

>my religion is magically true no matter what
>except when I don't like it

Religionfags.

WE
WUZ
KINGZ

Have you read Catholic teachings on social justice? has anyone here? its in the catechism, surely you Catholics have at least looked it over?

The Pope's job is to be a shepherd for Christians, not an apologist for Islam.

When a priest gets his throat cut by an Islamic fundamentalist, and the Pope's first reaction is to say the attack had nothing to do with Islam, it leads a bad taste in people's mouths.

Why would anyone respect a Pope who treats a hostile competing religion as the moral equal of the religion he supposedly represents?

>Because many people here are Christians as a reaction against liberalism/secularism. so to see a pope saying a lot of liberal things rubs them the wrong way.

Why do I find this so hilarious?

There is nothing more cringe worthy than leftists misusing/pol/ memes.

>it's a catholic LARPer gets called on their bullshit episode

Why be a Catholic in the first place if it's not the only way to salvation?
Sort of undercuts the whole religion when you start saying "lol everyone goes to heaven even the Muslims". Muslims who by religious default reject the central tenets of Christianity, namely that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and he died for our sins.

Why SHOULD the Pope treat Islam with respect?

I dont know, why dont you read some Catholic theology.

If you dont agree with Catholic theology maybe you shouldn't be Catholic

>ex cathedra: from the chair

I hope you realize this phrase refers to the pope's authority entirely, not just when he sits on his throne.

God is not dead. God is real because we created him in our image. He's the omnipotent one who helps rich people become richer, football players win trophies, shows his face on burnt toasts, watches you in silence while you masturbate, sends good people who happen to be nonbelievers and gay people to hell, denies medicine and clean water to kids living in poverty, refuses to regrow the limbs of amputees, and is worthy of our praise for saving one person from a plane crash that killed everyone else. God is not dead, God is you. God is whatever you want him to be.

Only when dealing with bankers... And for some reason, fig trees.

>that pic

Would be a great refutation if there were not Christian leaders saying the exact same thing about Jesus

I'm not a Catholic.
Why don't you point out where exactly it says in "Catholic theology" that heresy (because that's what the Islamic belief that Jesus is not the son of God is) should be not only tolerated but encouraged?

>i have a persecution complex against strawmen therefor compassion is unbiblical and/or wrong

lol Christians are sociopaths.

>You fucking proties shattered Christendom

It doesn't say that, but it does say there should be no compulsion on religion, nor discrimination by secular authorities.

It also says that all major world religions contain the seeds of the word, which the teachings of Jesus via Catholicism is the completion of, and what is true in them is to be respected.

Was this when they pillaged Zadar even though Croatians let them through for free?

THE QUOTE YOU RETARD, POST IT.

That implies those "leaders" are actually speaking for Christ.

>inb4 you is cafolic you has to belief
I'm not a Catholic and this certainly would not be the first time in history that the Catholic church enacted policies that it later rolled back as being in error.

Notice how the Catholic Church no longer sells indulgences.

I'm a Catholic who attends church and prays regularly, and I agree with him completely. Jesus spoke regularly about compassion to your fellow man, /pol/ retards that think the crusades are cool and that Christianity is an excuse for violence are disgusting for the way the warp and twist the word of God.

Because Islam as a whole isn't the issue, and a splinter group is? Should the Pope shut down the Vatican if some crazy moron starts a cult?

>That just means he's a short sighted fool. Said institutions exist for human benefit, and destroying them to save a few lifes now means sacrificing the future of many more.

Ironic you're arguing that a Christian is a short sighted fool for not focusing more on keeping people alive than the preservation of their immortal soul, don't you think?

This Pope is excellent, and portrays by the best parts of Christianity. And you shouldn't talk about what he's been saying until you've actually watched a speech from him, or an interview (translated if need be), if you just see snippets of his speech on the news or base all your knowledge of political figures off what /pol/ posts, you have no right to judge them.

Also, reminder the the Pope outright said the world is at war. He's not just going "Oh, I don't see an issue", but he's also not going "It's those fucking MUSLIMS fault, we should deal with them", because not only is that being incredibly judgemental of an entire group (big no-no in Christian terms), but it's also going to incite people world wide to more acts of violence. Many Christians will feel like that's a call to war and that they should carry out attacks on Mosques as a result of this, and more Muslims will be pushed to extremism as a result. Plunging the world into an ever bigger clusterfuck is hardly a good solution.

>It also says that all major world religions contain the seeds of the word, which the teachings of Jesus via Catholicism is the completion of, and what is true in them is to be respected.
and how exactly does that lead to pretending that terrorism is not a fundamental part of Islam?

> I'm a Catholic who attends church and prays regularly, and I agree with him completely.
If the pope came out in support of church sanctioned homosexual marriage I'm sure one could find church attending "Catholics" that would support that too. What you think is irrelevant.

I'm not calling for a crusade. I'm not saying the church is an excuse for violence.

I'm saying the the leader of your religion should worry more about his flock than about how people feel about Muslims. He should worry less about virtue signalling in support of the latest flavor of the month "refugee crisis" and more about the preservation of his religion in the face of aggressive expansion by a hostile religion.

>If the pope came out in support of church sanctioned homosexual marriage I'm sure one could find church attending "Catholics" that would support that too. What you think is irrelevant.

It's relevant when you post an image that implies the only people that think it are non-Catholic.

>I'm saying the the leader of your religion should worry more about his flock than about how people feel about Muslims. He should worry less about virtue signalling in support of the latest flavor of the month "refugee crisis" and more about the preservation of his religion in the face of aggressive expansion by a hostile religion.

What do you suppose he does? And "virtue signalling" doesn't just mean "is kind" user, there's no reason the Pope would need to fucking virtue signal, he's already the Pope. He's condemned attacks on Christian areas (and all others too, but I'm putting emphasis on that) and attempts to resolve it to the best of his ability by peaceful means. What else could he possible be doing?

> because not only is that being incredibly judgemental of an entire group (big no-no in Christian terms)
Tell that to the Cathars and Arians and everyone that died in the Thirty Years war.. Let me guess the modern heavily secularized church knows better than it's much more pious forebears?
Just to be clear that isn't a statement in support of massacring Muslims so don't get butthurt about "LARPing".

It's just pointing out the bullshit of the claim that Christianity is at it's roots an ideologically tolerant love fest.

>Tell that to the Cathars and Arians and everyone that died in the Thirty Years war.. Let me guess the modern heavily secularized church knows better than it's much more pious forebears?

Age doesn't necessarily imply piety. What the Church is doing now is in keeping with what's taught in the Bible.

>It's just pointing out the bullshit of the claim that Christianity is at it's roots an ideologically tolerant love fest.

It is. Provide quotes from the New Testament to support your claim it's not. And don't post the fucking sword quote, that has nothing to do with war, context is important there.

>If the pope came out in support of church sanctioned homosexual marriage I'm sure one could find church attending "Catholics" that would support that too.

This will never happen, because this dogma can and never will be changed. God's divine protection ensures that it can never be changed.

>I'm saying the the leader of your religion should worry more about his flock than about how people feel about Muslims.

He is. The first and primary goal the Catholic Church is to ensure that the faithful enter the gates of heaven. If people begin harboring unjust hatred in their hearts against their fellow men, no matter how hard they persecute them, then they have fallen into the snares of the Evil One and come into danger of being condemned. Death is irrelevant from a Christian perspective, because a just death in the name of Christ is an act of glory.

> there's no reason the Pope would need to fucking virtue signal, he's already the Pope.
LOL
What an incredibly naive statement.
Virtue signalling has nothing to do with your status in life. Virtue signalling a symptom of pride.
Are you claiming the Pope is above pride?

Your church has slaughtered over 68,000,000 Christians and Jews.

It is evil.

You are evil.

1853: Mary just a young Jewish virgin.

1854: Mary is sinless, the result of an immaculate conception, never died but ascended into heaven like Jesus, and is Co-Mediatrix with Jesus Christ Himself.

No, I'm not, I'm simply claiming that he has no reason to virtue signal, and there's no evidence of him doing so in the slightest. Doing a kind thing isn't the same as virtue signalling, he's the fucking pope, it's pretty much what they do.

Wow, my church did all that? I mean, there's only probably around 100 that show up for mass on a good day, so that comes as a shock that they did all that.

So you're seriously claiming that YOU are more pious than the people who lived and breathed Christianity hundreds of years ago? People who dedicated their every act and waking moment to God?
Laughable.

>Provide quotes from the New Testament to support your claim it's not
Are you seriously making an argument based on the principal of solo scriptura? I thought you were Catholic.

>1853: Mary just a young Jewish virgin.

You know how I know you don't know anything about Christian theology.

Since when do Christians value human life?