What does Veeky Forums think of the SC30 T5? Seems like a fun car, low reports of problems and seems reliable...

What does Veeky Forums think of the SC30 T5? Seems like a fun car, low reports of problems and seems reliable, biggest downside is space and size of rear hatch.

Its the only volvo id buy. IMO its beautiful, and just about the perfect size for a 2 door hatch.

>tfw someone is selling a 2008 near you

I asked for the VIN so I can get the history, hope he replies.

I think they look unique, definitely something out of the ordinary. I'd rock a manual one

Looks great, T5 engine sounds awesome.

They are heavy though, and not nearly as fast as you might expect a 5cyl turbo hatchback to be.
They're also not exactly the most practical hatchback out there.

nigga literally what

i have never seen these on the road volvo has more commercial equipment than cars around here

also how much of a fucking ad thread is this seriously
this thread is shill food

>not nearly as fast as you might expect a 5cyl turbo hatchback to be.
Thats a shame because on paper the recipe is a good one.

>he doesn't like the C30
Die in a fire. I'm a GM whore and I like the C30/

Look up Pole Star. They specialize in Volvo performance and Volvo recently bought them to be their official tuning arm, like AMG to Mercedes or Abarth to Fiat.

The practicality is the biggest downside to me, being a hatchback usually the practicality is one of the upsides. Still it looks so unique and nice it sort of makes up for it.
The hp/lbs might not be optimal but it's probably still a fun ride.
A PoleStar version of it would be pretty cool. Also, AWD

I know polestar, but they should've been cool out of the box.

i own one ;)

>Murdered out but otherwise stock in appearance

Bro

How are things going with it? Any complaints?
Looks so nice btw

T5 6MT R-Design, polestar tuned. its decently quick, definitely need the polestar tune, or a tune in general to make it worthwhile. all mine has is a CAI and a strut bar and it handles phenomenally.

I actually was behind one earlier this week
It was dead sexy.

only gripe i have is the seats. theyre great, heated, leather, comfy, except in the corners. there isnt a "hip" to them so they dont keep you planted.
but other than that, with the polestar tune theres a decent amount of boost going through a relatively small turbo so theres some lag, but once you really get going and do some spirited driving its fast. ive had a hard time finding tires to get good launch traction, theres a lot of torque

nice crease!

Too much body roll and understeer, steering feels numb and disconnected, steering rack ratio is not close enough to be considered sporty

i would disagree 100%
ive never encountered under steer, ive pushed the car to its (tire) limitations many times, there isnt much if any bodyroll.

Is that because of the tuning or modifications?

These are all common complaints of car reviewers

im not sure. the strutbar keeps the front nice and planted though. it might just be me, but i can feel the point where the tires and car is about to lose traction and control it around corners.
well i own the car and drive it regularly, not just for a few hours to review it.

>tfw when no Mazda MX-5 FM-R V8

Used to drive one, best seats I've ever had in a car, good engine, nice and comfy, decent audio but the transmission is a bit off, it burns mid grade and it's expensive to get parts for when things go wrong.

wew, look at me and my intact sway bar bushings.

>Transmission is a bit off
The manual? In what way?

>MidGrade
I can handle it

>Expensive parts
Audi tier? Or Lexus tier?

Also if you do have to work on it for regular maintenance, is it difficult? Changing plugs, air filters, oil+filter, brakes+rotors, etc.

Tripchecked

I sold mine for a Fiesta ST, pretty good decision moving forward. Engine bay isn't too cramped, was ok to work on. Can confirm my manual was a bit clunky and notchy, now that I'm driving the fiesta set I feel spoiled because it's one of the smoothest I've ever experienced. Loved my c30 though, just too expensive to own when things start going wrong. I never thought I would see absurd prices on a fucking Volvo part. Cost to own and only 2 doors is exactly why I sold mine.

I love the old one more.

I see, I guess that rules out a C30 for me right now.
Would Volvo parts be about as expensive as say Lexus parts? I want a Lexus but not sure where the parts cost fall. They're notoriously reliable of course but nothing lasts forever.