/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 21th:
356 BC – The Temple of Artemis in Ephesus, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, is destroyed by arson.
1645 – Qing dynasty regent Dorgon issues an edict ordering all Han Chinese men to shave their forehead and braid the rest of their hair into a queue identical to those of the Manchus.
1831 – Inauguration of Leopold I of Belgium, first king of the Belgians.
1944 – World War II: Claus von Stauffenberg and fellow conspirators are executed in Berlin, Germany, for the July 20 plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.2 - 09/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
imgur.com/a/cfxnT
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Incoming severe steam group butthurt.

Th for Codreanu

Lü Feng Xian

xth for Reformed Paganism isn't a Meme

Give me a country and objective for hoi3.

Communist China.
Conquer China.

Yes it is.

About to start playing CK2 with the Horse Lords and Legacy of Rome DLCs, any tips for a Victoria 2 player?

reminder

>xth for Reformed Paganism isn't a Meme

Wew

So what is /gsg/ opnion on the After The End mod for CK2.

It's a good concept with some nice ideas, but the mod itself feels broken and incomplete even down to the most technical levels(constant lag and crashes), which is a shame considering it's potential.

NICKY

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01*°
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.5*°
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5*
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin*
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

* The R&I may sperg out if you download this
° Talex and his Grandi Youth may harass you if you download this

Don't underestimate diplomacy and get that breeding program going on.

There will never be a man as handsome as based Nicky-poo

>Removed Romania-Hungary
>Removed Poland-Hungary
>Removed Theodore
>Remove US states minors
>Removed Byzantium
Reminder that unHPMlad needs to FIX HIS SHIT

Makes me sad

>not including liquor and bureaucrats mod

Does anybody have a download link to New World Order for Vicotria 2? An up to date one at that.

What a jokester! We need politicians as handsome and fun-loving as Nicky today instead of retarded cucks like Trudeau and ugly burgerclaps like Trump

He seems like a nice but quiet guy, but a bit of a pushover

>be Japan
>start great war
>China, Indonesia, India, some other big countires against me
>Call Korea and Aus to help me
>Korean Navy defending my Island while I wait for American peace treaty with poo-in-loos to end
>It finally ends
>Time to kick these chinks back into the mountains
>bring US into war
>one week later
>Great War is over
>USA accepted the terms that Indonesia put on the table
>literally just to humiliate me
FUCKING AMERICANS THIS IS WHY PEARL HARBOR HAPPENED

>Willy wasn't liked even by his own grandmother

"little heart or Zartgefühl [tact] – and ... his conscience & intelligence have been completely wharped"

Burnt out on my Lithuanian meme run when my sixth PCskill 18+ guy got killed by an inbred nigger with -1

What should I do next? Unite the Celts? Create Grossoccitaniums? Play a Christian Moor and help the Reconquista from the inside?

Nice meme

is it possible for your culture to spread if your liege is another culture?

Start as a Finnish Tengri nomad and conquer India

the hyperwar begins now

Divergances AAR lad again, asking for votes or people wanting to know more info.

Listing of every region,
Unless I got this wrong, we are at three votes for Macedonia, two for Illyria (Croatia), one for Courland, and one for some other that I forgot, and no one has mentioned again.

No one cares.

I had some more hang-ups with the CBs, but thankfully they're all fixed now and I've tested every religious CB successfully. I also thankfully thought to fix the Religious Reconquest CB, which wasn't on my original list of CBs to modify. That means almost every Christian realm in the world will always have a religious CB they can use against a Messalian realm, which should achieve my goal of making things difficult admirably.

By default the Messalian religion isn't able to call Crusades, so I've modified the files to give them the ability and am currently assigning Crusade weights to various Kingdoms. Since there's only about 135 years left in the game there will only be time for about 6 Crusades, and even if they're all successful that's still only six Kingdom titles that can be targeted, so I'll likely only be assigning Messalian Crusade weight for about 10 Kingdoms. The Kingdoms I do assign Crusade weight for will be based on the current hearts of Messalianism in the world, in the HRE and Jerusalem. That will mean the targets will likely be Poland, France, Denmark, Egypt, Rum, Armenia, Nikaia, Thessalonika, Al-Jazira, and Iraq, although I might expand that list to include Morea, Georgia, and Arabia. The Crusade weights will vary, but the three top targets will likely be Egypt, Nikaia, and Thessalonika, with France and Poland following immediately after at equal values.

I'm also planning on modifying Catholic Crusade weights to refocus it primarily on Jerusalem and the Holy Roman Empire, but I'm not yet sure whether I'll change anything significantly there (the HRE already has very high weight assigned to it).

Either way, the work that I'm doing right now is effectively busywork; I'll be done within a couple hours and writing new posts. The AAR is still on schedule for opening back up on Friday.

I care, user. Not enough to vote on anything, but your posts are better than this cocksuckers shitposting

Anything north german.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Looking forward

I assure you they'll be better once I get an actual country to play. Macedonia seems to be leading. I may pick them.

Thank you for your supporter.

That could mean many things user.

* Scandinavia is trying to achieve total control of the Baltic, and considers the Elbians' interests to be theirs. And as one of the chief defenders of Protestantism, will be involved in German affairs regardless. I'm not sure, but they might be able to actually work towards making North German an accepted culture later on.

* Courland is an interesting one, in that while it has little territory still left to it at home and is sphered by Scandinavia, it has colonies in Africa and the New World, and can form either Livonia or the League of Berlin -> German Empire.

* Prussia is a duchy satellite of the PLC, and while it has some power, it is still merely a satellite. But it can form the League of Berlin (apparently NGF of this time) like other North German powers.

I suppose I should mention now that the cultural division of Germany isn't merely North German (or Elbian) or South German (or Danubian), but also Rhenish, who are largely in Burgundy's sphere of influence.

Besides Hannover (who is still very weak comparatively, and a Bohemian sphereling), there doesn't seem to be much opening for an independent North German state. The Bohemians (being also the Holy Roman Emperor) more or less have a lock on many of the states of Germany, and further are often backed up by Bavaria and Austria, the most powerful of the German states.

Prussia

What is this from?

my lads i failed to retake france as national france in kaiserreich
please tell me something good to shake off this depression

France is going full fascist soon

Why don't you create a series of polls, and instead of linking to various posts with the information just link an imgur album with all of the information and mapmodes in it, as what I did here with start dates: imgur.com/a/cfxnT

It's not ideal as in most people who voted in my polls didn't even look at the damn albums but it's a lot easier than trying to get people to post in the thread with their votes. People will vote in polls, but not if they've got to bother making a post.

It's Schwarzesmarken, a Muv Luv thing.

How did you fail? Also, you weren't likely to be able to grab the whole thing even under best of circumstances. That's why you agree to a divided France for now, build up, and show the Hun what's up a few years down the line. Just be sure to help the English retake Britain. The Britain that emerges will be a great help to your cause.

>Kosher Civil Nationalism = Fascist now
wew

People said the same thing when Le Penn lost the last election too.

They said the same thing about Hofer when he lost Austria

>lost Austria

Why did they make it so hard to tell what you actually control and what you don't in CK2? They map modes suck fucking cock and I can't tell shit about who is who.

>On 1 July, the results of the second round of voting were annulled after the Constitutional Court of Austria found that electoral rules (as stipulated in federal election law) had been disregarded in 14 out of 20 contested adminstrative districts (from a total of 117), resulting in over 77,900 absentee votes being improperly counted, however without any indication of votes having been fraudulently manipulated.[4] The second round re-vote will take place on 2 October 2016.[5]

Should it be R&I lads or RandI

>ctrl + left click on your realm

Anyone know some fun minors to play in HOI4? I was thinking Hungary or Romania but wasn't sure

You nazis are delusional if you think it was a fraud. He will lose again because the people of Austria are smarter than that

Okay, a vote for Prussia.

That sounds about right AARnon, I'll do that next time.

What are you voting for?

Godspeed.

Does the hoi4 game file in the pastebin work with tunngle or hamachi?

How does the Boshin War work if another power annexes Imperial Japan before it happens?
Does the Shogunate just get to peacefully unite the rest of the archipelago?

Are we getting new portraits for CK2?

>What are you voting for?
I don't know. I'm not sure how much support their is for the breaking apart (or at least extreme internal instability) of realms like the Dual Monarchy. I think it would be a lot of fun to see an AAR there, but only if they were very unstable and you had to work hard to keep them together. Otherwise it would be far too easy.

Otherwise I would vote for someone in Persia, probably the Safavids, with a Boer state as my backup vote.

Thanks user. My testing just ended, so I'm actually starting right now.

HPM

does anyone actually understand how external migration works?

does it take liferating into account? the files make it look like it doesn't

does it take terrain type into account?

why do immigrants always choose the usa even when you cheat and have every social and political reform in 1836?

>be the Netherlands
>romania calls me for backup against a war with russia and bulgaria
>decide to join so I can liberate azerbaijan oil for the shell corporation
>send army to romania
>britain declares war and joins the russians, drags in hungary and the ottomans
>army in romania is now surrounded on all sides
>sweden and france declare war on russia
>germany declares war on sweden and romania
>spain is in my sphere but leaves my alliance for the british
>call portugual to fight spain
>colombia joins the russian alliance and invades the panama canal
>japan joins the german side
>a great war forms but there's also 3 other smaller wars currently happening between participants of the great war

I have no idea what the fuck is going on

AFAIK, it is extremely hard - only Anglois, Welsh, and Breton are accepted. Looked on the forums, there's a lot of events to that decide your policies between English/Irish and French/Provencal populations.

I did save this from earlier, which kind of inspired me to look at the mod.

>does it take liferating into account?
Yes
>does it take terrain type into account?
In HPM it does.
>why do immigrants always choose the usa even when you cheat and have every social and political reform in 1836?
Many factors have to do with it. In HPM it's about being or not at war, ammount of empty factories, unemployement, etc.

Is the Warhammer mod for CK2 any good?

Would getting a treaty port as La Plata be too stupid of an idea?

I had a blast with it when I played it a long time ago. I recommend it.

So industrialization = more immigrants?

I think so, yeah, if you have empty factories it will attract people to work in them.

I'd put my vote there, then, although I'd still be worried about you becoming a powerhouse late-game. If the mod does allow you to accept multiple cultures late-game I'd work the backstory of the AAR in such a way that you never do so, just to keep your state unstable and continue to provide yourself a challenge. I definitely learned my lesson as far as difficulty is concerned; it's an integral part of an AAR.

>tfw only now I notice that I don't have enough commerce raiders and that I should've puppeted more than the Massina meme to consolidate the Sahara
Can't wait for a whole fucking Great War against Italy, Germany and Russia for fucking West Sahara desu

It currently crashes a lot because apparently the current map is too big and the Paradox code bugs out pathing or something. Not worth playing until the next patch, which will supposedly fix it.

What should your late game composition be once you get tanks and planes?

Is the 7 years war mod dead?

4 inf/4 art/2 tanks/2 planes

Why don't tanks just straight up replace infantry? Is it just cost?

*dies*

>more than 10 units
dropped

infantry has better defense

Is there anyone putting together a HOI4 Mod based on the Illuminati game? I think that would kick some pretty good ass.

>arty
>once you get planes

I can't be the only one who just can't be assed doing warfare in Victoria 2. The enemy is able to retreat into ENEMY provinces, into NEUTRAL provinces where they have access, it's a pain in the ass to destroy stacks, managing your mobilization as a large country is a tremendous pain in the ass, etc.

i despise all of this

This

>Don't have any troops in a region
>Surprised when the enemy retreats there safely

Mobilisation is certainly crap

I have never found warfare problematic apart from that though

just don't go to war

t.swiss

CK2>>>>>EU4>>>Vic2: Waiting Simulator.
:D

cmon senpai, you know that's not good gameplay. there is already a mechanic for 'control' completely independent of soldiers, yet this doesnt play into movement at all, even though it totally should. if you are retreating, you shouldnt be retreating deep into my territory so i have to hunt down your shitty stack of 9000 men

not to mention the fact that actually organizing a broad defense in depth strategy like youre proposing is really fucking annoying in this game

>Sweden has literally been neutral longer than Switzerland
>But only Switzerland gets the meme neutrality modifier that makes it impossible to invade without going over the infamy limit

>:D
back2leddit lad

>broad defense in depth strategy
What is that lad just have stacks of 30/60/90 and move them into enemy territory works everytime.

trolled xD

t.johan

>Belgium literally never ever started a war on its entire history
>not even mentioned in this conversation

The difference is that Belgians are inherently violent and evil people, the only reason they haven't started any wars is because all their neighbours are far more powerful.

belgians instead get their kicks out of genociding africans

Isn't that applicable to the Swiss as well?

Belgians had colonies, so they are responsible for any and all deaths that occurred under their rule in those colonies. And seeing how during colonial times, the natives were systematically slaughtered, they arent exactly innocent

God's work lad

No, Germans (inc. Swiss) are an industrious and overly serious people but not violent.

>the natives were systematically slaughtered
Epic meme my lad.