/tesg/ - The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>TES:O?
Find or create an /tesog/ thread.

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2#1.E._Display_.26_Video_Card_Settings
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58989/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H-z3QUA_IB8Kr1JUXyewSW0xVz0y40ic0tpqhtzAiIw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1882936259
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77233/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Morrowind post

why does it have to be a CTD???
Couldn't it had been crash to main menu????

I just freed up almost 10GiB of space by deleting old Skyrim saves.

Fourth for clones

Nth for post your newest screenshot

Why can't it be crash to previous save?

So what's the best way to not have my character's appearance change when becoming a vampire? I've never actually done the vampire thing before, but I think I might finally give it a go to help work towards edgemaster status with this new blanabba I made to take over doing the Dark Brotherhood quests from Feyrenziah. Sorry to have to ask, but I've mostly had my eyes glaze over when this sort of discussion came up in the past. It's a whole new world for me.

What a happy coinkydink!

>Mfw anons complaining about the heat
>mfw I dont feel any of it
>mfw it could be roasting and I wont feel it
>mfw

>2016
>still no scar armor

>i3-6700
There's an i3 6100,6300, and 6320

All of which will ABSOLUTELY DESTROY skyrim.

No need to become a vampire, with this chin you can already bite plenty of necks easily.

Friendly reminder that humidity is the true enemy. Stop giving high temperatures a bad reputation.
Spoilered for your protection

Some niggas just don't understand the difference between in-door temperature and outdoors, and can't comprehend what "comfort" means.

>i3-6700 + 970
>worried about not being able to run skyrim with ENB

>tfw southern hemisphere

yep heat best
winter a SHIIIIIIIIIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT

>already posted one some time ago
>no motivation to snap new ones
>no ideas

I might as well take a break.

So is mine shiet or are you implying that I'm my machine is a average tier for skyrim enbs?
Also gonna throw in that everytime I use an enb like Bleak ENB my computer shuts off.

Did you try any warpaint yet?

Autumn is the best tho

You shush yer little mouth.

Nah, was going to look into the vampire stuffs then go in and check 'em out. Might go full The Crow for fightan and whatnot.

That crab looks like he's tripping balls

The 970 is a problem if you're running huge texture or doing lots of post-processing because of
>3.5
Most people just assume that i3's are shit because they used to be shit. Now they're blazing fast, but mostly dual core.

A Skylake i3 is very, very good for Skyrim. 3.8GHz base clock on a Skylake chip is insane.
If you're having problems with Bleak ENB, it's almost definitely not the CPU's fault, unless it's overheating (which it shouldn't, because skylake i3's are awesome).

>Trying to make a new character
>have no idea what I even want to do.
>come to shitpost about it on /tesg/
>spend 10 minutes looking for the right meme to use
end me soon senpais

I know for certain it isn't overheating, it's like a constant 60 degrees in here.
So than what could make it shut off? My PSU is 500, maybe that's causing it? I know I'm using /tesg/ as my personal Indian text support but I really do appreciate these replies.

>not crash to 'prior to crash'
your crash skills are horrible.

What can I do to get back into playing Skyrim again? I really want to play the game but whenever I load one of my characters, I just don't know what to do.

You could make RL people like
>pic related
or recreate other people's presets and put them here.

Play quest mods

More likely than not, it's a GPU driver issue. Update your drivers. Follow these instructions:
wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2#1.E._Display_.26_Video_Card_Settings

So, what does /tesg/ do to improve their FPS?

Samurai are lore friendly

So /tesg/ I'm still in my quest to mod my Skyrim to Hell. Did I make the right choice moving from Nexus to Mod Organizer?

Pic semi related.

Turn ENB off.

Yes. NMM a shit. You can't manage overwrites correctly, and there's little to no manual management that can be done with NMM.

Samurai WOMEN are not. foh.

>iNeed

Sup Alta

Build a good computer.

stuff computer with more money

I did that and I'm still below 30 fps
what the fuck is this shit engine

>mfw withcer 3 at 60 fps 1440p on ultra

How'd you manage to do that? That's impressive.
This desu

say that to my face fuck not online

>try out many different ENBs
>dont like any of them
>end up going back to my year old ENB preset
oh well

She's cute. I'd hold hands with her.

Even a GTX 1080 runs skyrim at ~40fps with a good ENB.

How long do you think would Ohmes and Ohmes-rahts live on average? As they are somewhat mer-ish, would it be odd to think that they could have a lifespan similar to that of Bosmer?

I try quest mods but the majority of the time, the voice acting is so cringe worthy that it kinda ruins it for me

>captain renault
>literally dies of a heart attack in the first five minutes of the game

I fucked up
I have an i3-6100
Not 6700

famlafamilia how do i improve my performance ;_;

I spent like 2k on my computer

I deserve 60fps

There's definitely no documentation of how long their lives average at but if I had to guess I'd say it'd be similar to Bosmer. Their physiology is very similar.

"good" enbs look retarded most of the time

bet it was a prebuilt

That's fantastic. It's also irrelevant to the conversation.

I guess while I'm here I might as well lay out my plans so far.

Char 1.
>Normal Start. Jean L'Stelhen. Breton.
>Spellsword-Blacksmith
>Relatively lore-friendly role playing.
>Wanderer and mercenary type. Doesn't care much about being Dragonborn and just wants to explore really.
>Uses Alteration and maybe Conjuration or Restoration? Which should I use?
>Gonna go full Werewolf and beat the shit out of some vampire faggots.

2nd run.

>(?) Dunno yet, suggestions? But slooty female.
>Alternate Start. Probably as an innocent Mage or preist.
>Gonna Download every degenerate sex mod I can find.
>Roleplay this character delving into depravity as she adventures across Skyrim.
>This will either happen as she gets bored of having wealth from adventuring and wants some fun, or after the trauma of getting raped during it.
>maybe both

3rd run.

>Sanic. Theif.
>Gonna download every gamebreaking fun mod I can.
>With Dovabear at my side and Tommy Wiseau as my Steed I shall purge all that oppose me.
>By Talos I shall break this fucking game before I get bored of it.

I assumed so. It's actually BETTER than an i5-6500 in Skyrim, because it has a 3.7GHz clock, which is faster than the 3.6GHz boost clock on the i5.
An i5-6600 is better, but not by much

>implying I didn't spent 1.5k just on the processor and GPU
I could had waited for the 1080 to go down but fuck it

Anyone use Citrus Head?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58989/

I'm on the fence since when I installed it, the shape of my face is changed heavily. Wondering if I should keep my vanilla head or try to readjust from there.

It's shit. Aside from it being impossible to preserve existing characters, it uses default facial expressions, which are awful.

Post specs.

>latest version
>BUBBLEGUM

Well, I went back and fought the Big J and stopped the Greymarch. Sadly Mr. Wiggles didn't come back with me, he ran off when we went back to Coldharbour. Must of had a family there or something.

Tell me something, how did it feel to take an innocent person's life for the first time?

Intel i7-6700k
32gb RAM
GeForce GTX-960
2TB Hard drive

>spent 2K on a computer
>GTX 960
wow how did you fuck up that bad

>0 endorsements

How is this even possible? Even for a shit mod? I guess he disabled endorsements, but why?

Didn't the nexus remove endorsements on some mods because the authors fucked up their PR?

salt?

[remain silent]

No, it's just that if you recently dropping 2 grand on a computer you should easily be able to get close to 60 FPS unless you modded it to shit. Unless it was a prebuilt, or I guess if the parts were sold overpriced at an actual store or something.

1. Innocent Life?
2. Innocent Life.
3. Hate Life.
4. Sarcasm

Then play Vigilant, it doesn't have voice acting and it's still the best quest mod out there.

Don't know. It's rare, but some people just do that.

Bretty gud senpai.

Has Vigilant been fully translated? The patch I found doesn't seem to be finished.

It's bugged and fucks mouths, into the trash it goes.

Your soul is screaming so please stop thinking.

I see.

>mfw 20~24fps

I think I'm going to throw my MO profile to the trash, I can't handle it.

I also get random CTDs every hour or two, specially during combat, which is annoying as hell, more than the FPS.
I can't handle those at all since it takes 5 minutes for the game to load up on SSD

Sadly no, and we will probably see Beyond Reach: Bruma before we see the english patch for Vigilant.

/tesg/, I come bearing gifts. Germans have been testing what mods are out-of-the-box compatible with SureAI's Enderal and come up with a developing list:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H-z3QUA_IB8Kr1JUXyewSW0xVz0y40ic0tpqhtzAiIw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1882936259

(other tabs include known incompatible mods)

>20fps on a 980ti
so im not the only one who suffers from this.

Nah

The google translation is still the only playable one. It's enough to finish the mod.

>Spent 2 grand
>Those specs
Either you blew all your money on some meme gaming e-sports edition of RAM or you're not American.

This is under 2k.

>We have the same monitor
Hey, does yours randomly turn on and off at times?

It helps when you get free cards for being part of a circlejerk.

>20 fps on 980ti
what the heck are you doing my dudes, I'm on a crappy 780 and even I get more than that

>2 cards when the 180 exists
>59Hz

So I'm doing some of Legacy of the Dragonborn's stuff. Doing Shattered Legacy. He sent me to High Hrothgar to look for "guardians". I've been looking around and I don't see shit. pls advise.

Nope. Chapter 1 is finished. Chapters 2 and 4 are in progress.

Fortunately, you don't really *need* a proper translation if you have some basic understanding of the lore. If not, I or someone else here would be happy to help you out and explain what you don't understand.

>Beyond Reach: Bruma
I'm not sure if that was a joke.

Nordguard did nothing wrong.

Is it time for us to upgrade?

Hmm not really, but mines does suffer from some backlight bleeding which I guess compensates for its price

;_____;

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77233/?

>Scroll Wheel Equip is a first person shooter-style weapon and equipment switching mod, allowing you to scroll through available gear using your mouse's scroll wheel.

Nice.

>amd
>w10
>monitors cant even take advantage of the cards
>SLI not even with good cards
:^)

>first person
on to the trash

Nope. Even after buying the second card on eBay, it's still under 2k.

Cause I wanted to give SLI a go on this build. Also first time with an AMD CPU.

I won't lie, with my single 980 and at 1440p, I was at 30s outdoors, something's up with yer games.

I guess. It is a pretty good monitor for the price.

Nevermind I'm stupid. I fast traveled up here and never actually checked outside the front door.