>Patch Notes:
steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > Add a server 75.98.36.106:7777
*NEW* Add a server 149.56.175.73:27015

>Server Website
arkservers.net/server/75.98.36.106:27015
*NEW* arkservers.net/server/149.56.175.73:27015

We are playing an unofficial server ran by some random normies, we are all in one tribe, and there is a healthy population of 50+ non 4channers. You will not get bullied by us unless you're a retard who posts in global looking for us. Add Irish on steam (anime girl avatar).

1st for only 1 week until redwood biome hits The Center map.

Th for
>tfw no giant squid

Popular game
Ded thread
Ded life

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CAN'T WAKE UP

Rip boatman

Attack on underland NOW

bump

yo i have a question but it needs some background

My cousin recently suggested i play ark with their group. I didn't know squat about the game at the time so i asked for a tl;dr and they said "it's kinda like minecraft with dinosaurs". It's worth noting this same cousin played on a private minecraft server with a small group close friends for a long time after the general hype wore off of mc, and tends to enjoy playing things like dragon age and skyrim. They are not very interested in pvp or public server games. I like mc but haven't had the drive to play for a long time (when I did, I was fine with public servers / 2b2t), and single player rpgs do very little for me; i get bored of them quickly. the game that i have thousands of hours in is eve online, if that helps.

Now, i HAD been thinking about getting rust - and after looking up ark, the two games seem like they might be very similar in how they play on public servers. Groups are king, offline raiding is a significant factor, etc. I tried to look up some "ark vs rust" type reviews but there isn't much that isn't either on one of their subreddits (and therefore biased) or just a few responses to a thread on steamcommunity or gamefaqs. There aren't any long-form comparisons, and the stuff that is out there is like, 10 months old.

The basic things I've gathered are that the grind is harder in Ark than Rust, i think because in ark you level up your character? dinos? but in rust it's all equipment based, so if you manage to fuck up a geared player with a headshot and a bow, you get an instant boost in ability from the loot. On the other hand, sounds like rust is more unforgiving in pvp ("bullet sponge" was used to describe leveled ark players) and also in building (you can't easily dismantle things you built yourself in rust, you lock yourself out, etc).

there doesn't seem to be a rust thread, so what do you guys think? do you guys tend towards private or public servers? do you like pve or pvp? etc.

Rust gets boring very fast. Ark is more grinding unless you up the rates. Play ark, dude. I'd suggest doing solo or PvE until you git gud, but PvP is the most fun once you learn the ropes.

Don't get too attached to your dinos.

Rust is a one trick pony that gets old fast. ARK plays more like an MMO where you actually have set goals to work for.

Play ARK. You won't regret it.

Private (known as unofficial in the community) servers are typically better and more forgiving to newcomers and small groups. Largely in part due to official servers having no rules or active admins and becoming essentially "owned" by one large tribe that will kill anyone new on sight and cover the entire map with pillars which prevent people outside their tribe from building anywhere.

A good unofficial with slightly boosted rates, an active mature admin or two, and maybe some mods that aren't overpowered makes for the best place to set up shop, though it can be a bit difficult to find one.

dead thread

This thread lacks screens of the base. Someone show off.

>Private (known as unofficial in the community)
Public are unofficial so are private
Public have alot better population as private servers are usually a group of friends playing together or you have to apply to join the server

Ok

Impressive place.

How are things going on that new server?
Anything of interest happen after you trashed that jurassic park faggot?

We in war with Unterland

Do you still fall through the world and lose all the shit you were carrying constantly?

Not playing Ark again until that's fixed

They don't fix bugs like that, they add more dinos and other shit to attract new players instead.

Figures

It doesn't happen that often anymore, in the last 300 hours that i have played Ark i haven't dropped through the ground at all.

Is this the chink invasion you guys talk about?

Yes, rip your server, it will not be playable for months.

Only if you fall to your death from high up. Hasn't happened to me in awhile. Always carry chutes.

Band together and defeat them before they become strong. You already know they're the enemy, defeat them now or they'll defeat you.

Assuming they work, a few months ago there was a bug that randomly popped up in a hotfix where they didn't actually slow you down.

Where were you when chinese infested Ark?

Not playing ark, it was unplayable on my rig last june.

This is you final warning. In 1 day Al-Tritostan will be great again.

More like the thread will die in 1 minute

Sexy raptor clothes when?

Oh no, thankfully it isn't my pic, found it on leddit. Poor guy about to lose his 300 hours of work

>300 hours

What were you arrested for?