I'm looking for a new vehicle and I'm thinking I'll get a truck for the first time...

I'm looking for a new vehicle and I'm thinking I'll get a truck for the first time. I'm looking to stay around $10k used and I want four wheel drive and crew cab. What I'm seeing locally is this:

Rams: about same price as GM
'09+ F150s: SLIGHTLY more than GM
'07-'09 Chevy/GMC full size, 4dr, Z71, 5.3 v8 = $12k-13k
'05-'07 Chevy/GMC full size, 4dr, Z71, 5.7 or 6.0 v8 = $8-9k

'05-'09 Toyota Tacoma, 4dr, V6 = $15-17k

Hae you tried growing a bigger dick instead of buying one?

Yeah, but it urns out a bigger dick won't get me around very efficiently.

teach it to rotate fast enough to fly

'Efficiently' is possibly the last word I'd use to describe a giant truck, even after all the cuss words. Why a truck of all things? Why no bigass sedan? Crown Vic all up in this bitch.

>Is it worth the premium?
Is that 1 MPG and slightly easier parking worth the price when sacrificing space, comfort, power, and capability?

While the Super Duty is great for the most part, I'd personally stay far away from the F150s.
Ram is trying to compete with sedans rather than pickups and Toyota is trending right now, driving up prices. When the bubble pops they're not going to be worth anything.

That leaves GM or Super Duty.

True enough. I'm in construction so sometimes I have to drive on not-so-great terrain. I'm driving a Buick Sedan right now and I barely make it sometimes, plus i just want something different. I'll be working in a 500 acre job site pretty soon, they build "roads", but it's still not great.

Yeah, I pretty much ruled out all but GM and Toyota. I think most Super Dutys in my price range will be high mileage.

>space, comfort, power, and capability

Space, not a huge deal for me.
Comfort, if it that bad?
Power, yeah, there's that. Torque, mainly.
Capability, I have to look up tow ratings.

So to sum up the replies.

Grow a bigger dick and there is no reason to consider a Tacoma over a Z71.

WILDCARD, go for a 4x4 Sprinter

>I'd personally stay far away from the F150s.
are you the board cuckhold whose wifes son stole his car and now venting on Veeky Forums?

That's a ute

>being this insecure about someone buying a truck

Grow a cock you Miata faggot

This guy who picks up at our warehouse says he fully regretted not getting a half ton instead of his ranger.

What if you want a truck just to be able to carry big things home when the need calls? A small one like a Ranger/Tacoma is perfect for that.

>4x4 Sprinter

Too expensive and commercial

>ranger

Enough said

Yeah, that's my thing. I would mainly use the bed for things like moving furniture. Even then, you could use a trailer. I have come to the conclusion that the Tacoma is just TOO overpriced to consider, given the alternatives. It's thousands more than the full size Z71. If the GM offerings were unreliable or if the price was even I might feel differently but they aren't.

By definition, it isn't a ute.
>look mum, I'm trolling!

By definition, it isn't a truck either. It's a pickup truck

You don't say. Truck being short for Pickup Truck, Ute being short for Coupe Utility.

>Four door 'trucks'

MAYBE if it's a 4 door with the 8' box you aren't a cuck. Easiest way to spot a grocery-getter is if it's a four door truck with a tiny ass box. Regular and extended cabs are for men, four doors are for man-children.

welcome to 2016 when most people live in cities and only Jesus loving rednecks that choose to live out in the boonies where the scary niggers can't get them can drive 25' land barges

Luckily I don't care what some macho fag on the internet thinks. What does not make sense is to get an 8' bed if you will rarely need it. You see, there are these things called trailers...

To be fair, if your getting a 4 door short bed, you might as well get a 4runner

Extended cab is the way to go IMO

I get that reasoning, a 4 door short bed is essentially a more versatile SUV.

Need to occasionally carry 4 people, check.
Need to occasionally have a bed, check.
Vary rarely need a full bed, check.

I mean, an avalanche would probably be an even better fit, with it's midgate, but I'm not a fan.

OP, if you are in 'murcia, you are just going to have to nut-up and get a loan if you don't have the money.

If you aren't super concerned about towing, go with the Tundra. The crewmax has a super solid interior if you are concerned about passengers comfort. If not, go with the double cab. Just remember, the crewmax only loses 1 foot of bed space, and you can get that back by using a bed extender.

Don't go with a Tacoma. They are literally the same exact price, or sometimes more than the tundra and you are getting half the truck. I never understood why Tacomas are so fucking expensive for what they are.

>ECSB
>longer wheelbase than RCLB
>short bed
>still only seats two adults

Extended cabs are fucking useless.
Add the few extra inches to the wheelbase and you get a back seat that actually functions.

I can pay cash, I have liek $50k saved. I agree on the Tacoma pricing, I also think CJs are way overpriced.

b.b.but real men have own long beds. /s

>ECLB
>just inches shy of CCLB wheelbase
>no functioning rear seat

The ONLY two reasons to get an extended cab over a crew cab are price and wheelbase.

Used options generally vary enough that price difference becomes a non issue.
The difference in wheelbase going from RC to EC is huge but the gained space is pretty much useless.
The difference in wheelbase going from EC to CC is small and the gained space usually more than doubles the seating capacity for adults.

I was defending CCSB, actually.

>The ONLY two reasons to get an extended cab over a crew cab are price and wheelbase.

EC usually have 6' beds and CC usually only 4', The two feet makes a difference. The reason to get a EC over a RC is that you actually have some interior storage.