How much you would you need to be worth to comfortably buy a $60 million house. Don't say you wouldn't because you are

How much you would you need to be worth to comfortably buy a $60 million house. Don't say you wouldn't because you are

1 Billion USD

At least $600million

In other words, only 5 years of shilling cryptocurrencies on Veeky Forums

>$60 million house

they exist in LA lol condos in NYC go for that much too

>$60 million house

Why would you want a $60 million house? At that point you are paying about $50mil just because it's located on top of Mount Vesuvius or Beverly Hills like Notch. And let me tell you Notch's house looks like shit, I've seen many more aesthetically pleasing houses for $1-2mil.

>$60 million condo

400-500 million, hell could be as low as 300 million $ depending on what your cash flow is.

But mmuh status!

I swear the real moneymaker is selling overpriced "luxury" shit to these richfags.

If you never ever worked again, a $60M house would cost about $1M per year to maintain and pay property taxes on, allowing probably $500k 'buffer'

So, you need enough capital to earn about $1M per year.

Assuming 5% returns, that's $20M (+ $60M for purchase price)

you need to suck a big black dick for that kind of money

$60 million

Be Intelligent
Buy 60 million dollar house
Pick one

true true

lol at a certain point it becomes justifiable. Not for 'ordinary' rich people with net worth in the low 9 figures tho

that looks so beautiful...

this.
one exclusion of being a billionaire.

Theres no finite dollar amount imo. At that level you need to have rolling income from assets.

Figure what that 6pmillion dollar home will cost you. Not just proterty tax and upkeep, but you arent sweeping your own floors here. U meed security and chefs for friends and on and on.

So, u need income to live the lifestyle u want, make your mortgage and expense payments, have savings to cover surprises and oncome that covers this while growing and beating inflation.

depends on why it is worth that.
is it a multi-unit dwelling like a 100 unit skyscraper?
does it sit on an estate of hundreds of acres and your own personal lake?
will it survive a nuclear strike?

I was house-sitting for a friend of the family who works at some alphabet agency.
6 stall garage, pool, sauna, those unslammable kitchen cabinets, the works. It was fucking silly.
Really nice house, but I don't get why someone would want it. They literally don't even use 4 of the rooms in the house.
Can someone explain? I'm not poor by any means, my family is upper class, but we've always just had a very nice house that was a reasonable size.

>Can someone explain?
It's just like a rich asshole who doesn't even care about cars buying a Ferrari or Lamborghini. He's never going to use that vehicle to its full potential, not anywhere fucking close. Same thing with the retarded wifes of these rich assholes who drive huge stupid bullshit G Wagons even though they're just driving by themselves 90% of the time and don't need anything bigger than a Civic...

Flaunting money. They want to show off. That's it. That's literally it.

>He's never going to use that vehicle to its full potential
Do you always bake food items at 500 degrees?
Do you only ever cram 4 pieces of bread into your toaster?
Do you microwave everything for 99min99sec?
Do you sprint from a to b in your Nike's
Do you only watch TV with the volume at max?
Do you turn your tap on full when you brush your teeth?
Do you run all your appliances from the 1 power outlet?

"full potential"

Literally the most retarded statement from a jealous cunt

Alright, let's get this over with.

>Do you always bake food items at 500 degrees?
No, but I also didn't pay $12,000 for a commercial oven.

>Do you only ever cram 4 pieces of bread into your toaster?
No, but I also didn't buy a 6 slot toaster.

>Do you microwave everything for 99min99sec?
No, but I also didn't buy a 2kW industrial microwave.

>Do you sprint from a to b in your Nike's
No, but I... that's a stupid comparison anyway. Distance running is a thing.

>Do you only watch TV with the volume at max?
No, but I didn't hire an audio engineer to build me a 4,000 watt sound system.

>Do you turn your tap on full when you brush your teeth?
No, but fill up large things like buckets occasionally.

>Do you run all your appliances from the 1 power outlet?
No, this would overload the circuit pretty quickly. Most outlets are only rated to 15 amps, individual circuit breakers usually 20.

It's stupid and obnoxious and nothing more than a compensation tactic by uninteresting retards who happened to get lucky and make money. You're a car guy? Sure, that Ferrari is sweet. You do autocross/road racing? Hell yeah, have fun. You're just some fat schmuck who can afford a Lamborghini and got it because you can afford it? Fuck you, cunt. You don't deserve that car.

But they do deserve the car because they paid for it.

Jealousy is an ugly thing up close.

>Fuck you, cunt. You don't deserve that car.
So only race car drivers 'deserve' a Ferrari?

I bet you have no fucking idea how to race your dacia sandero to its full potential. You don't even 'deserve' rollerskates

This

$60 million

>deserve
There's that word again.
And this isn't even a Bernie Sanders thread.

It depends on how liquid your wealth is.

Assuming virtually all of your wealth is comprised of cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities I would suggest that $300m would be a ballpark lower-bound figure. Having more than ~20% of your net worth tied up in your primary residence is generally a bad decision.

$40 million?

>$100 million house
>drive some shitty jap econobox