You can only drive 1 currently produced car for the next 10 years …money is no object. Which do you pick?

You can only drive 1 currently produced car for the next 10 years …money is no object. Which do you pick?

>Image related.

Probably a Cayman or 911.

dat haunch

manual m2
idk how to drive a manual, it auto blips on downshifts & i won't be stuck with a bmw that won't make it past 100k miles

>it auto blips on downshifts
people don't have rev-match to downshift. it's overrated. just brake slightly under the speed you want to be in and throttle up when you release the clutch

yeah gt3rs 911

i know nothing about manuals except for what's shitposted on here so thank you for this info

This is the faggot reddit way to downshift. If you're not rev-matching every downshift you're a terrible driver and you should leave Veeky Forums now.

GMC Yukon

>money is no object
insurance, gas, repairs are no object as well?
if so

>MUH REDDIT MUH SEKRIT KLUB REEEE
Yes you should be rev-matching downshifts but you reek of the sort of autist to downshift through every gear every time you stop
>I have literally never driven manual in my life
Also my car has auto rev-matching and I never even use it; even if I wanted to which I don't, it's always a few hundred revs short

easier to fuck up your transmission, especially for beginners. i don't recommend rev-matching. it's fun, but totally not required

Yeah probably a 911. I don't understand why you'd take the MX5 when the 911 is an option.

see:
>I have literally never driven manual in my life

The entire fucking point of rev matching is that IT SAVES YOUR TRANSMISSION (plus drivetrain and a lot of other parts) from a fuckton of unnecessary wear, not to mention jerking the shit out of the car. It's required if you don't feel like slowing down to idle every time you want to downshift

But that's exactly what I do in my shitbox friend, no matter the situation.

Have to agree, Turbo S specifically. I love the MX5 but if money is unlimited that's just retarded

my car never jerks when i downshift without rev-matching

Do you drive an automatic by any chance

Meh, you don't even have to match revs with anything to downshift. Just downshift in the proper gear for the speed you're going.

911 Targa 4S

And I'll be the first asshole to put a trailer hitch on one. That'll be fun at the lumbar yard.

Allard J2X MKII

Have you ever driven manual because it really doesn't sound like it

Do American manuals just not have synchronisers or something?

Synchros do not mean you don't have to rev match

One of the rarest and most exclusive cars on the planet: a 1997 Toyota Camry.

> currently produced

Learned on a manual. Been driving them for decades.

Thats literally what synchronizers are for dumb fuck

2016 GTR
911R
V12 Vantage

>need to haul shit
>can't
>get cucked

snek

Jaguar f type

Trailer hitch.

Who needs cargo space and practicality anyway?

You cheeky cock. You have it right.

I'd probably pick an MX5 RF, a 911 R, an F Type R, or an M4.

The Giulia Quadrifoglio
Also must I sell the car in 10 years or does it just vanish from existence?

Nah, a big burly man comes to your place and picks it up.

facebook downshift: not doing anything
reddit downshift: heel toe
Veeky Forums downshift: double heel toe

>reddit way to downshift

I can already feel the kind of autism you display in person.

>there are people who own manual transmissions and still can't heel toe

What a bunch of faggots.

Probably a Lexus ISF, not sure.

itt: idiots who have never sat behind the wheel of a car worth more than 60k let alone driven one

anyone whos ever driven 911/aventador anything in this ballpark knows why theyre shit to dd

pic related, the best choice

>911
>shit to DD
Are BMW fangirls really this delusional

>ITT: Nobody on Veeky Forums knows how to drive a manual properly and actually defends their incompetence.

What a surprise. Rev-match you faggots otherwise you are going to wear out your clutch and synchros. Have none of you weebs ever driven a bike? You'd die with your level of incompetence if you didn't have a slipper clutch.

Bench racers please go

Enjoy wearing out your synchros. Learn to drive faggot.
>Learned on a manual. Been driving them shittily for decades.
FTFY.

To be fair, it's a lot easier to do on a motorcycle because each appendage is only doing one thing. Effectively rev matching in all situations in a car requires your foot to multi task. Some limpwristed faggots on here have tiny feet and can't do it.

>literally work at a porsche/volkswagen dealershit
>drive 911s every day
the long hood makes them a pain vs a normal car. theyre the easiest supercars/sportscars to dd but still they aren't great. you also are very close to the middle of the car. the door isn't the widest point. theres obviously flares and shit over the back wheel which means it takes you a while to get a proper sense of spacial awareness. you sit too low as well.

anyone who has driven a 911 knows they aren't great to dd. 930s and 964s arent as bad

Then you simply take your foot off the brake for a moment. There is no reason to drag clutch like a noob. You don't need to be in a lower gear that fast after a corner unless you are hooning, and if you can't heel toe you have no business hooning like that.

I shouldn't say I'm amazed, I have a friend who has gone through four clutches in a decade. He bought a bike and I realized that fag just dragged clutch. Nearly high sided in a corner til i taught him how to use a manual transmission.

Just amazing. Absolutely amazing the level of incompetence on this board and have half the drivers in general.

does the 4S come with AWD? I can never make sense of the 911 range.

You forget that 50% of the posters are under the age of 16. 30% don't own cars. 15% of the people who own cars are faggots and then remaining 5% just keep their mouths shut most of the time.

Chevy SS. Everything I want.

That's odd, I've driven that car quite a bit (as well as countless cars worth far more than 60k) and I think it's awful

>living in NY
faggot.

Corolla

You have to rev match when shifting up as well. A lot of drivers will wear the synchros in out far-out gears like fifth from taking too fucking long to shift, grinding the synchros as the engine spins back up. If you take a long time to shift, please blip your throttle. And then turn around, go home, and install a ricer short shifter and a weighted knob since your shitty arm can't move a lever at a decent speed.

Fuck oath

>REV MATCH TO AVOID WEARING OUT WEAR ITEMS

RS6 Avant

Let me fix that for you:
>Image retared

The 4 literally stands for 4WD, so yes.

Quick reference:
Carrera (2)- standard 911
S- Moar power
4&4S- 4WD with or w/o moar power
Targa- middle of the roof comes out, season with 4 and/or S to taste
Cabriolet- ragtop, season with 4 and/or S to taste.
Turbo- Turbocharged with 4WD, usually offered in cab and/or S variants.
GT3- N/A motor, lightened, stiffened suspension, big brakes, wings and diffusers and all that good stuff. Enthusiasts wet dream 911 basically.
GT2- GT3 with turbo motor. YODO.
GT2/3 RS- See above cars, crank to eleven.

Tesla P90D is the only thing Id want

Synchro-mesh has a purpose brah

I only wish

>Dudes, dudes listen! I already drove like 10k miles and I didn't rebuild gearbox or replaced clutch AT ALL 'cause I always REV MATCH HARD!

Not driving your car saves it from a lot of wear, too

I was about to say the Avant as well.
>gotta go fast
>looks great
>lots of room

I'm from Finland and 95% of people who I know drive manual. Only one person who is amateur rally driver, even knows what downshift rev-matching means. Totally not necessary.

They aren't the absolute best, but they aren't as bad as you make them out to be.
>long hood
Not that long. Compare that to a Z4, and AMG GT (or SLS), or even brostangs.
>spatial awareness
That really is not that hard to get a hang of, Position your mirrors properly.
>sit too low
kek are you an old man or obese?
I worked for a couple years at big German car dealership, but we had all of the German brands.

>Q: How can I kill my clutch spring 2 times faster?
>A: How about pressing and depressing it twice every gear change!
>BRILLIANT!
>Q: Can I replace clutch spring without replacing friction disk for which I really, really, really care about?
>A: Nope, noone sane does that!
>GREAT!

Gt350r plus a kenne bell whenever they get on board.

A big ass RV so I never have to work again

This is my DD. I wouldn't want to drive it for 10 years desu. It's fun to drive but frankly overpowered on public roads and hard to live with if you ever need to drive long distances or God forbid for anything more than one suitcase in the badly designed trunk. Not practical in any sense of the word, though I didn't go in to it expecting that.

The biggest killer of diaphragm sprigs is constant drag from clutch riders. The whole motion throughout isn't as bad as a constant load at half way through its travel. Or the people who persist to rest their foot on the clutch pedal claiming "but it's still fully engaged so it doesn't matter" not understanding the heat this creates in the spring.

>drive every day for 10 years

That rules out the European sports cars.

That leaves at least for me a 4-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Love those things.