/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/QTzR2dys
pastebin.com/yfTBRhid
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/QTzR2dys
>Joint Pak 2
pastebin.com/yfTBRhid

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

DUTY WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Anyone here tried Survarium??

yes

I started playing for the first time and what is this first mission? I have to kill 8 bandits, and sure I have some allies, but their AI is awful, and the bandits kill me in 3 shots while I take 50000 to kill them (they're fucking bullet sponges, and people kept saying this game was ""realistic"")

Yes I am playing at Master

It doesn't get better, does it? Was STALKER just a ruse?

ded game

Is it gud?

It's just a ruse, a 10 year old general with 60 people definitely means the game is shit and not worth playing.

no

It's ok, a bit too grindy and sometimes its hard to get a game with good ping. Great gun sounds though
they still dont have freeplay

>They'll never have freeplay

Sounds like a sad circlejerk (and yes I am aware this defines every single general in this board)

Oh no he used the /v/ circlejerk meme

Considering your reply it seems I am right

the autistic faggots will scream at me for saying this, but you're better off playing the game with mods now, its just too dated otherwise, for the very reasons you mentioned.

Theres quite a few that update the graphics and get rid of spongebob bulletsoaker without actually changing the core gameplay mechanics too much.

>no freeplay

I hope it's worth some hours, at least.

Don't people usually recommend some sort of "starter" mod? In all honesty there's not much point in playing pure vanilla, since like you said, there are plenty of fixing/visual mods that keep the vanilla core gameplay.

Hey bros, just got SoC and I was wondering if I need mods for a first experience? Nothing crazy, just quality of life/graphic stuff. Maybe the ability to increase my fov or gun stuff.

Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the Veeky Forums's huge Stalker General for more tips and links: Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

the patched vanilla's a-OK, bruh. At least STEAM and GOG versions are auto-patched.

The Starter Pack stuff's just neat extra, in case you want to tweak or polish things further.

Play for a little on vanilla and see if you like it. If you do, then keep playing through the game, and if you don't but want to give it a chance, then look at the mods in the OP.

Thanks dudes, you guys are pretty cool!

Zone Reclamation Project is still the best starter mod.

Fixed bugs and shit, doesn't touch the rest.

Also wtf is happening with Radium? Last thread said it was imploding

AMK Standalone Ballistics from the repository and Zone Reclamation Project. They're compatible.

I am already using the starter pack

Still can't get past first mission

If only I could heal

I know vanilla can still be plenty of fun, but it can't hurt to improve the graphics or add quality of life stuff. Though adding a weapon pack or something is probably a bit much for a first playthrough.

Been awhile since i played a Stalker game 100% vanilla, it'd probably feel weird to go back.

>If only I could heal
just suck up a medkit / bandage / food. That shit's everywhere.

Still, the best way to survive in the Zone, is the same method you survive IRL : Don't get shot!
Stay low, use cover, lean, and aim with sights. Think your location and surroundings.

as much as I'm a sucker for AMK, I really, REALLY would not put any rookie start with it / its ballistics. As proven in this thread again, the vanilla already causes plenty of trouble to beginners nowadays.

I feel like my enemies have perfect though, it's quite frustrating to use cover because of that

>wait at cover
>hear enemy approaching
>show my head
>instantly get shot

Not even holding the gun at the spot where they are hiding and waiting patiently for them to show themselves works, they somehow manage to shoot me first

>but it can't hurt to improve the graphics or add quality of life stuff
sure thing, but the visuals in STALKER are still breddy damn gud, IMO. Especially the lighting and textures are top-notch.
CoP's an exception. CoP's just kinda fugly all vanilla.

>I feel like my enemies have perfect though,
...perfect what? Aim?
The hell they do! They can also be literally blind at times, like if you sit behind a high bush.

They are pretty good at hunting you by sound though. People don't seem to realize that the HUD has that audio-emitter meter on it for a reason, and that NPCs can hear you. This has led to some people claiming the AIs having "wallhack", when in reality you can totally trick them to move to empty area just by disappearing from the seen without being spotted or heard.

Like said earlier, the beginning is literally this "hobo phase", where you got shittiest possible gear of the game, and need to go against better equipped foes. The mission at the Car Park you do in the beginning has also become this "baptism of fire" trial for rookies in recent years. Things do get quite a bit easier once you finally get a proper rifle, pop a scope on top of it, and load in some AP ammo. A proper protective suit with NVGs also help a ton.

Bar:
>Far from North
>Shitload of loners walking around freely
>Has a fucking gladiatorial arena

>is home for Duty

Military:
>Right next to the Barrier, on an actual military base
>Locals actually have defend the rest of the Zone from Monolith and mutant outbreaks
>Strong discipline in base, non-members aren't welcome

>is home for Freedom

Why GSC can't into world building?

I think i've just become spoiled by mods with really nice guns and UIs. That's why i find it hard to come back to certain mods that have guns that look/feel like vanilla.

personally, I find it quite therapeutic after a while.
Vanilla has this special mood of its own, which just about any mod will instantly ruin / replace with its own. There may not be as much content and fancy features in vanilla, but the little there is "feels" right and balanced.

And being already a 2007 DX9 game, it also looks quite nice! Indoors are very realistic, while outdoors feel tad more stylized and atmospheric.

without ammo repack script i just end up sitting in a bush endlessly reloading all the half empty ammo boxes into full ones

Nobody does. I just went through the trader files. Pretty messed up. I'll add one to Barkeep and one to Freedom, who else should I maybe add it to?

where's this m_stalker.ltx i need to edit to fix the AI? I can't seem to find it

The only part about vanilla guns I can't stand is the mirrored ejection ports and the ridiculously bad animations non-break action shotguns have.

So, AO3 and CoC; is it just me or is armor worthless? I'm still getting dropped in a single burst of non-AP 5.45 in a fully upgraded exoskeleton as easily as I was while wearing a windbreaker.

Fuck it, added the sil_scar to every trader who sells wpn_scar

AO3 is well known for this shit. Try STCoP, you won't die from peeking around a corner every time anymore.

Hmm, unfortunate, I'd just gotten cozy with this mess until I realized my survivability only goes up 3% upgrading from nylon cloth armor to a man-shaped tank.

On that subject though, I did catch something a thread or three back about AO3 and STCOP fusing here sometime for the 1.4 official release, any truth or further info on that?

I've been playing CoC for the first time with OWR3 installed.

Do 'unique' variants of weapons like vanilla CoP had, still exist somewhere with this setup?

>turn off the Psi-emissions at Yantar
>zombies continue to spawn
Fuck this shit, all I wanted was to open a relatively safe path from the Army Warehouses to Yantar as Freedom so I don't have to kill 30 Bandits every time I wanna go to the edge of the Zone.

All I want is higher/more foilage. It does a lot to improve the feel of the outdoor areas. Grates me that the only mods I've found so far that give me the grass I want are also overhauls like AA2.

You order them from Nimble, innit?

But user, zombies are pretty fun to kill
Plus they're basically sources of free ammo, assuming you're hitting them in the head with

Haven't ran into him yet, is he still located up in Zaton in CoC?

>

So just take the grass out and ditch the rest.

>You may now kiss the dirt, cyka

There's a way to increase the grass draw distance in SoC, I just don't remember how. I think I may have had to hex edit a .dll file or something

They rarely carry 7.62x51

Guess I could try doing that. Just gotta figure out how.

Distance is just part of the issue. Density and the height of the grass is important too.

Just be careful. Grass responsibly.

Christ. Thank you for the warning, stalker.

>density so high the transitions stand out like a sore thumb
This is when you know you have an issue

Comfy storm

Been out of the loop as far as CoC/Open Xray development goes, did they ever manage to unfuck the whole k_ap and hit_scale problems plaguing the engine, or is everything still running on the same hacky bleed-based work-arounds that've been used for the last several years?

Has SOUP added LA maps yet? I haven't played STALKER since I clocked the .db version of SOUP when it was a thing, and having just up'd my rig w/ a 1080 gfx card, well...it might be fun to see what it looks like now...

No it's absolute trash.

>LA maps
You mean the same shitty build maps as every other mod on the fucking planet? Yes.

We have a /sg/ discord and we'd like you to come, stalker.
We'll have an invite later. We need fresh blood. Also we have a stalker tabletop game that's uh... it'll take us a few days to get out of the zone atm.

Fuck off

Why would i? :3

holy smeg someone saved my edit. I thought that was lost to the sands of time.

I used to save a lot of shit honestly. It's kinda why I tried making the archive.

I'm glad this is a thing you can do

>ban PTRS-kun
>channel dies
POTTERY
POETRY
MEMERY

>You mean the same shitty build maps as every other mod on the fucking planet
No, as the LA maps are different than the build maps.

>AO has retarded damage values
>STCoP has shit animations

I miss the pistol sprinting animations from AO already.

So edit the damage values?

>149181042
what OS are you using?

[Rookie Village]

>SGM Lost Soul
>Running around near Iron Forest
>A GPS Conductor just rolling by me down the hill

uhhh? Do these actually spawn in Iron Forest or was this a random drop from a corpse somewhere I can't see

Funny thing about that, I've been comparing AO3 damages.ltx, actor.ltx, weapon and outfit files, and the ammo entries, and for the life of me I'm stumped as to why player's armor works like tissue paper compared to the NPCs "fake" armor entries.

Every time I compare the math and values to vanilla CoC, there's virtually no difference; unless they added some retarded scripting or new variables, I can't see what the deal is.

what OS are you using?

That's weird. The only thing I can think of is maybe there is a value that may be missing? Compare the armor files and see if there is additional values in one and not the other

The only working theory I have right now is based on a discrepancy in the damages.ltx regarding the "ACTOR MODIFICATION SECTIONS" at the very bottom. The NPC version of this document includes head entries, the player one doesn't, so I think it might be treating Exo suits and other non-helmet gear as if you have no helmet in *some* of the damage math, and I'm just catching 9x18 in my teeth on an absurdly regular basis.

Whatever the problem is, losing 3/4 your health to sawn-off buckshot in a goddamn upgraded Merc Exosuit is not fucking right.

I think you might be onto something honestly. Even in a fully upgraded exo suit if 1 of the bucks dinks you in your head when you have no helmet you lose a shit load of health. Heck it may be registering a headshot and minor body damage

What's so bad about the STCoP animations? I haven't played with it for very long but nothing has stood out as bad to me.

Is it common to have an Eclipse and an emission at the same time in Lost Soul?

A nocturnal emission? It happens :^)

how did CoC turn out? haven't played stalker in a good amount of time

platy it and find out

is there an inventory icon fix for AO3 Itemsoup? my bandit trenchcoat is showing up as a pair of NVGs

Change AO's damage values to STCoP's

are you using 1.4 patch or something?

nope, 1.3.2.

then you dun fucked something up.

it's fine for me with 1.3.2 and item soup for 1.3.2.

>pic related

Playing TFW, what faction should I join?
Im thinking Duty because
>that base
>those NPCs
>active but not too active starting area

ah, figured out the problem, it's a conflict with the outfit addon
oh well, i'll live with it.

did you use the patch that is included with the outfit addon??

looks fine to me at
inv_grid_height = 3
inv_grid_x = 14
inv_grid_y = 30

yep, used the AO3 compatibility patch.

nevermind, i see what is wrong.

go into
gamedata\configs\misc\outfit_novice.ltx
for
[trenchcoat_outfit]

put
inv_grid_x = 0

for that to work correctly you would have me merge it yourself.

either the new outfits are gonna be screwy or item soup items are gonna be.

>"fake"

Fucking stop, I'm tired of repeating the same fucking thing over and over again:

For k_ap

DONT DIE