Trying to find trans am, no reasonable examples for under $12k and most are c5 vette prices...

Trying to find trans am, no reasonable examples for under $12k and most are c5 vette prices. Can the 3800 v6 make a reasonable 250hp with I/H/E and tune? I can find 3.8L Firebirds for $2000 with 100k mi like pic related.

I currently drive a v6 accord with 200hp and it's too slow, so I'm looking for something that can do 0-60 in 6 sec instead of 7 atleast.

don't get a V6

You should be able to find an older LT1 Camaro or such for around 4-5k that came with 280 hp stock.

I'm in Canada, and I really don't like the camaro body style. If I was in Texas I could find this car all day.

The fuckers were assembled up there for pete sake how is it that hard to find a good one?

I don't know about the Camaro, but for example there's 1 manual 2015 challenger srt in canada, versus hundreds in the states

Get on a Facebook fbody group. Enhanced ones for 10k all day long.

>Can the 3800 v6 make a reasonable 250hp with I/H/E and tune?

you can buy a bolt on supercharger and with a tune and proper mods i have seen them hit 300hp easily.

NA? probably not but the 3800's were bulletproof.

2003+ accords make 240

Buy v6
Insert 350/383
Insert manuel~
Sell 3800 and auto to recoup cost or do something with them
Profit

I've read you can't use 3800 superchargers on f-body because the engine is too far back and it doesn't fit.

Yeah but those accords also increased their weight 400lbs over the 6th gen.

>buy v6
>slap in JY 4.8/5.3
>add chink tarbo

>enjoy

>Can the 3800 v6 make a reasonable 250hp with I/H/E and tune?
No. To make it do that, you're talking major work like race-ported aluminum heads, a balance shaft delete and a big thumping cam that makes it almost undriveable.

3800 is SHIT at making power.

Not that simple. You need the front sub-frame from an LS1 Firebird/Camaro and a different transmission/shifter/wiring harness.

You can make it fit, it's a LOT of work and custom fabrication of some parts.

Most people say it's not worth it and you should just go the turbo route.

Also this. The front subframes from the V6's to V8's are different.

There's a lot more to it than just pulling the six out and stuffing an eight in there.

Here's a dyno sheet of a naturally aspirated 3800 putting down 271 RWHP. Huge improvement over stock. T5 will put down 180 stock, auto will put down 160 stock.

I'm running a slightly more aggressive cam in my 3800 than this guy used as well.

And a big thumping cam doesn't make it undriveable at all. I've got a 3000 stall converter and it works beautifully on the street.

>still a shit engine design.

What are the main mods? As far as I can tell, intake exhaust tune will get me 220whp. What are the main bottlenecks of the 3800?

>What are the main bottlenecks of the 3800?
Airflow through the cylinder head, both intake and exhaust. A massive port job is required.

The cylinder heads on the 3800 don't flow well at all. The f-body intake isn't the greatest either.

If you want real power you need a new cam and boost. You aren't going to see huge numbers from a naturally aspirated 3800.

Posted that from my other computer. It's a cylinder head off of an Impala I was cleaning up before I installed it in my Firebird.
As you can see the intake ports are small, and you don't have much material to work with for porting. Get a little too crazy with your grinder and you'll end up with a nice hole in one of your runners :^)

ZZPerformance makes a $2500 set of aluminum cylinder heads for the 3800 which are far superior to the factory OEM steel heads.
Very pricey though.

LS swap it bitch!
If you want good power and reliability
LS is the way to go

see:

Don't waste your time with a shit a v6. My 01 is for sale, $10,000. 86k miles, built motor and trans. 430whp N/A, 550whp on 150 shot of the naws. It's an auto tragic but I bought it to drag race so eh

Formula right? That would explain the smooth hood and V6 bumper.

>on 150 shot of the naws
Make sure to put that in your ad.

OP, I see LS1 Camaros for under $5K all the time on CL. Don't buy a V6. They're barely worth money.

holy shit why
while we're at it why do f body windshields need to stick out so far
why do they have sure long empty noses

These were my favorite cars when I was a kid but now as an adult after learning about cars I bought a fox instead.

p.s. someone please explain why when I searched for "snub nose camaro" all I got were vaping meme pics?

Texasfag. Can confirm this. Bought my 97 formula for 2k. 120k miles.

Feels of the good mang.

...but dont you at least get 250hp out of the stock lt1/ls1.

Why would one go through all that moding on a fbody v6?

Get a piece of shit v6 for 2-4k, get a twin chinacharger kit for 600$, and get a solid tune on 93 for less than 500$.

For more assurance, get a trans+good oil cooler, and sell both the turbos for 120$ a piece and get some decent garrett's or whatever.

You can no problem make 500 crank at low boost.

Keep in mind that dyno graph is power at the rear wheels, not crank.

>I know nothing about the 3800 V6 and am just talking out my ass and drastically under-pricing stated items.

Wonderful counter argument there buddy

Why would you want a shitty transam when you just said they're C5 prices. Buy a c5

show me links to the parts with the quoted prices.