So should I buy a 3.5 v6 altima coupe as a commuter?

So should I buy a 3.5 v6 altima coupe as a commuter?
Anyone got any reason not to?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Camry_Solara
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>So should I buy a 3.5 v6 altima coupe as a commuter?
Depends
>Anyone got any reason not to?
And this is what I mean by depends. The automatic transmission models use a CVT that WILL break and need replacement. If you get one with the 6 speed manual though, you're golden.

Automatic CVT: no
6 speed manual: yes.

They get shit gas mileage. Plus they're heavy as fuck basically eliminating any fun to be had.

Thanks for the heads up, I was under the impression it was a six speed standard auto based on the paddle shifters.

I heard it was about 30mpg, is that not the case?

The paddle shifters are a lie. It's a CVT.

It's only 30 MPG with the 2.5L 4 cylinder with the 5 speed manual.
The V6? Expect 24-26 at absolute best and closer to 20 mpg around town.

Claim is 31 with the modern standards

That's the sedan, not the coupe.

Why would the coupe have worse mileage?

Accord coupe has a 6MT+6 cylinder

No the CVT is a piece of shit.

I'm buying it so I don't have to dick around with my manual in stop and go crawl traffic.
I have a 5 speed mustang currently. I'm buying this as a second car.

Because the Coupe is based on the OLD Altima.

>wants a V6 FWD automatic as a DD
V6 Camry
>b-but it's boring
V6 Camry.
>b-
V
C
A
M
R
Y

I want a coupe.

20 city / 27 highway
Interesting, I'll have to look into if the engine changed while the chassis did not.
These seem to be much cheaper than accord coupes.

Camry Solara.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Camry_Solara

Nope. Same engines. They achieved it with the computer tuning for those CVTs that constantly shit themselves.

Yea.. I'm looking at 2013 cars...

If they modified the tune between 2012 and 2013 so the 2013's get better mileage regardless of chassis then I still want a 2013.

Nuts to you then. The Coupe market DIED around the mid-2000's. This is why the Monte Carlo, Camaro, Firebird, Solara, and RSX were all killed off.
The Altima and Accord Coupes are an unreliable holdover of a bygone time. Both of them are known for reliability problems if you get the automatic transmissions.

But then you NEED to have a 4 cylinder SEDAN with the CVT to achieve that and the CVT is GOING to blow. It's extremely common to go through 3 transmissions before hitting 100k.
The tuning was only done on the sedan. The coupe didn't receive those updates.

I'm looking at a CPO for the altima, since they discontinued them in 2013. So i need to run the depreciation numbers since I'm gonna need to sell it at 100k if it's unreliable.
It's unlikely that it will make sense to buy it if after the warranty is out it won't be worth anything.

I'm telling you. Your best bet would be to buy an older 2000-2007 Monte Carlo or 2003-2008 Solara.

Mustang is still alive, and it's one of the main cars I'm considering. If I can get an eco boost for the right price that looks like it's "the one" I'm trying to find a cheaper option.
I'm gonna buy a 99-2004 mustang gt if I'm gonna go that old, the 2v 4.6 is a workhorse. It's mileage isn't that great but I believe in it.

>I'm gonna buy a 99-2004 mustang gt if I'm gonna go that old, the 2v 4.6 is a workhorse. It's mileage isn't that great but I believe in it.
Why not Monte Carlo SS?
>dat 5.3L LS4 V8

I already have a 99-2004 mustang gt that I know how to work on. I want the devil I do know rather than the one I do not.
As it turns out I really like the car I already have, I simply need a commuter, the car I normally drive but in auto seems like a slam dunk.

The Coupe market, as has been stated, tanked a decade ago. All the good automatic mid-size coupes are gone. They do not exist anymore. The only surviving relic of them is the Accord Coupe, which again has automatic transmission problems.

>Accord Coupe
I think I'm going to hit up the honda dealership tomorrow (why yes I am pre-approved on credit guy I don't want to talk too thanks for bothering me)
I think I'm going to give the v6 accord coupe a chance. It's a regular auto right?

it's much more reliable than the Nissan, but the Honda automatics are still trouble-prone.
On a related note, look at used Scion FR-S's and Subaru BRZ's. They;re RWD so the automatics are actually reliable. But the flat 4 is still pretty gutless.

Cars too small.
I want a 6 series I just can't afford it.

and the 2011+ Scion tC automatic is decent and reliable. Faster than the FR-S too because the 2.5L 4 banger makes more torque

Just get a 350z with low miles

Why would the drivetrain affect the durability of the transmission?

I mean I ... could, if I want to get upside down in my finances in a hurry. I've got 50k preapproved.
I used to work at a Nissan dealership, the old motors had to many oil issues.

>Bought an automatic tc
>Faster than FRS
>FWD

Because automatic transmissions by design tend to be big (except for CVTs, but they can't handling anything with more than 100 HP). With a transverse FWD car, they try to take that automatic and make it as small as possible.
The only know bulletproof reliable transverse FWD automatic was GM's 4T80E transmission, which was only used with the FWD Northstar V8 cars. But the 4T80E is fucking HUGE and the cars that used it had to be WIDE to accommodate the fucker.

Vump

Bump

Your questions were answered. Go away.

Mazda3 Hatch

More interior space
Better handling
Better driving experience
Save a literal metric fuckton of money.
Great gas mileage because you're a commuter
Cheaper running costs and maintenance

It's too small for what he wants and it's not a coupe. try again

His initial suggestion shows his judgment of "what he wants" is not considering "what he needs"

This is a commuter wage slave normie.

What the need is MPGs, not going into debt by spending 30-35k on overpriced coupe, reliability, and ability to haul people and ikea flat pack furniture.

Best you can do for those people is a mazda3 hatch.

But you can babysit him all the same. Someone's gotta pay those overpriced tags.

>buying anything Nissan
Pleb

>non sporty coupe

all the bad with none of the good

No.
There are so many better cars you can commute with for the money.

Get a W123 300D

Its a shitty Nissan. No one buys them by choice. They're the cheapest shit in their segment. Since you already have a funish car, shut up and buy a civic. It's all you *need*. You don't need a bigger car.

>MPGs
It's like a 20 mile commute. I want to be comfortable the gas cost is not particularly relevant.

get a v6 mustang if you want a v6 coupe. its rwd and mustangs are cheap as fuck new

They start around 21 according to true car. I'm thinking I want to spend the extra 2k for an eco boost if I'm going that way.
see

Chevy volt

but i want a coupe.

Are you black?
>Yes
Git dat Altima nigga, drive erratically on the highway at all times
>No
Get something else

If you want the thread I'll give it to you, you want it?

when I think niggers I think sc300/sc400 at least when it comes to cars I wouldn't have minded owning.

Niggers on the east and gulf coast love Altimas, Maximas, and 300s. Like a typical nignog, they saw luxury vehicles from years ago and noticed they were big. So naturally they assume that anything big must be a well made luxury vehicle.

>someone parrots what you said earlier
>THREAD STEALER!

He said I, not he.
If you don't understand the difference I can see why you are trying to green text me.

THIS. FUCKING THIS. THIS X100
YOU FUCKING FAT LAZY FUCK NORMIE

LOSE WEIGHT AND GET OVER YOURSELF
OR BUY THE DAMNED OVERPRICED THING, YOU'RE NOT GONNA LISTEN TO REASON ANYWAY

gtr lost le mans brah.
it was humiliating.
no one wants the altima now.

>LOSE WEIGHT AND GET OVER YOURSELF
>buy a frs or mazda hatch...
Is this really what Veeky Forums is, I liked it better when you were pushing miatas.

you can fit paddle shifter on a cvt too.
they just jump "ratio".
drove one in a honderp.

Stop being a faggot. Who gives a shit about the number of doors?

>I liked it better when you were pushing miatas.
well pussies like you kept bitching about needing a back seat for your drug dealer friends.

Not for this guy, obviously 400lbs won't fit in a 2 seater.

Why not an SUV op? They have the hp numbers and space you so desperately need. You think a 2000's era mustang or altima coupe will fit you?

Even if they could contain you massive dense skull, you wouldn't be able to step in and step out without breaking a sweat

Read thread plox, come back when you can tell me what kind of car I already have.

>already have a can't turn mustang
>buy another unpractical car for commuting
dumbness can't be cured.
get a mazda 6 wagon faget.

>unpractical
What the fuck do I need to bring to work that would require a "practical car?" I only need to bring myself.
If you need to bring your own tools to work in your own car you done goofed.

You are bringing a tool in your car.

You're bringing yourself.

Cvt has a 10 year warranty though

>wanting to inconvenience yourself for 3 days each time while the dealer installs a new transmission

Takes around a day for them to do mine but I agree cvt is shit. Having the warrenty on it just keeps it up to par with the rest of them

Oh fuck son, I'm crying right now.