/k s p g/ - Kontraptions Exploding Rapidly Beside A Lake Space Program General

Edición Plátano.

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving none of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ThldCuSsJh8
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014
youtube.com/watch?v=LiaYDPRedWQ
dontdothisto.me/games/iamabadperson/
youtube.com/watch?v=QInii1xx8Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2Kwr_2Akw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last Thread:
>Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=FCCyVCvN2bo

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=ThldCuSsJh8

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1 (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if (embed)

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, and planes are also welcome ITT.

kspg.sytes.net

NOTE: "kerbal" anywhere in the OP as well as "kspg" in the subject cause the thread to autosage. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thread.

space is fun
kerbal is fun
squad is fun

false parallelograms everyone

orbital construction complete lads and lass

time to bring in the crew

>ksp image
>spanish
>bait

>pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-devs-hope-to-add-budgets-reputation-in-2014

In 2013, Maxmaps took the wheel, pretending to be a marketer / CM / dev to the fanbase, when in reality he was placed in charge of making sure the final product did not scale beyond the $5mil of our money Adrian and Ezequiel were actually allowing to be spent on the development of KSP.

So, with the cancelling of resources and DLCgate, we saw the future drastically narrow down to a point. This shift was embodied by Maxmaps' continually repeated statement that "sandbox is scope complete." What did he mean by this?

What is important is that in this moment a paradigm was created. A paradigm that suggested "sandbox" was a complete iteration of the game and therefore a major milestone. When in fact it was an arbitrary and artificial line in the sand designed to limit expenditure so that the majority of the invested money could be fraudulently embezzled.

By "moving on" to career mode, they created a false equivalency suggesting career and sandbox were two facets of an overall thing. When they failed to deliver career in a timely manner, science mode was added. Another one of Max's failed promises leading to a compromised feature in the game.

After resourcegate and the declaration that Sandbox was "scope complete," we saw all development begin to pace itself based on business deals rather than development capacity. Every update after this took 6 months, and failures to move the NASA deal along quickly enough led to completely mutilating .23 through .24, which would have been fantastic updates chock full of content if half the content didn’t need to be removed to satisfy an NDA.

And then of course, begins the true Max regime of .25 on.

Ending the false paradigm means returning to the mindset of 2013, reopening Sandbox’s scope, and, if the fanbase cares enough, scrapping and redoing career.

Make this a permanent shitpost and you'll be set.

>ksp image
Highly edited. I didn't even make it, I saved it from another thread. The guy who was posting it literally cut short his entire story because KSP's 10/10 programming bugged out on him.

The spanish is a joke. It says "Banana Edition"

I'll do leetman

I'm fiddling with my webserver, so the "official" game website might be FUBAR for a bit. Just FYI

>load crew rocket to pad after game crash and reload
>launch
>reach 25km and notice the hitchhiker container is empty

i thought they fixed this ree

is it just me or is kOS a buggy piece of shit

can't fix stupid

a?

>SETI
>not RO
Plebs be gone

>no sstu

user....

Compiler, not us! :^)

>No Tarsier Space Technologies
Come the fuck on.

comfy!

Get ReentryParticleEffect, pleb

>comfy
not comfy.

>>comfy
>not comfy.
comfy.

he must find 2fps comfy

im getting 12 fps ^)

only slightly wobbly. should i decouple the rcs cradles or keep them because theyre C U T E?

youtube.com/watch?v=LiaYDPRedWQ

>He listens to mainstream pop
lmao

God and art are dead. This killed it.

Art still exist, God's existence is up to an individual's beliefs.
There's literally NO reason to listen to that californian shit.

YOU'RE no reason to listen to this californian shit.

#rekt

>KAT is alive again
lol

weee?

Oky. Main menu glitch aside.

This texture definitely gets points for pretty. But it's killing my fps. Going back to normal EVE now. :P

>ywn be a 15 year old filipino girl
>ywn be gently but firmly molested by an elderly black man

What RO recommendations should I avoid to ensure _fun_?

Uninstall KSP
Buy some model rockets
If you have the time, money, and autism, make yourself a legitimate liquid-fueled sounding rocket

>1.0.5 with 64-bit workaround
>almost never crash even my dozens of mods and huge textures
>1.1.3 x64 version
>crash after like 10 minutes every time

ur mommas no reeson to listn to dat shit nigga

What memes do you meme? Srsly just answer the question

he's not me. I'm trying to sleep and i check the thread and you're memeing my memes. Fuckoff Angry user

goodnight /kspg/

I'm just saying, making a rocket in real life would probably be more fun than strugging with mod setups and forcing it to work with KSP's shoddy coding
At the very least, if your rocket is shit you can fix it
You can't fix KSP, that's completely out of your hands

take your meds subhuman

>Goodnight
>You'll now see him posting at fucking 4am EST

/kspg/ should invest in a dmls machine

Why in the everloving fuck are you still posting your stale meaningless memes

>10pm now
>6 hrs from now
>could easily wake up in six hours
yes and...? So I'm a fitful sleeper. Can you remind me what's so terrible about this?

Come on man no need to meme me with your memes before the false parallelogram starts having spasms again, just tell me which RO recommendations not to install.

you're quick to be on the defensive tonight. where's your aggressive attitude? did you actually take your meds?

I don't know
I've never really played with RO, just a 10x scaled Kerbol system and the stockalike RF config

>feverdream a vision of KSP 2.0
>lightning fast responsivity
>super logical and snappy UI
> keyboard only controls available in addition to Mouse
>all fuel tanks can be toggled between fuel types, structural, crew, and hollow for internal EVA
>RSS “expert” difficulty
>life support
>Resources
>Multiplayer

Oh fuck you got me hook line and sinker. Your memes are clearly the most supreme and I'm forced to resign and change my Nui phone wallpaper.

>He sleeps 6 and not 8 hours
Hahahahahaha get meme'd on nigga

>he wastes his life sleeping

What do you need 2 hours for?

Yo OP making user, change
>dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
to
>>dontdothisto.me/games/iamabadperson/
in future OPs. I'm working on making it not matter, but linux is a fucker and I'm dumb.

I also started a blog on the top level domain because I'm a special snowflake and my opinions matter. Meaning my real shit should start showing up there at some point.

So these are the true memes you meme.

He's not me

Are you angry, user? Is that the meme you want to show the world? Do you have other memes?

Please stop replying to my posts, I need to go to bed and you're making me stay awake to check for (You)s

youtube.com/watch?v=QInii1xx8Bc

This is a Japanese cooking show series hosted by a dog. The dog speaks in broken English in what has been described as "Like a Japanese person was taught English by a Swede". You will watch. You will love.

The golf club is the shit

1 under, fuck yiss

Last one was a bit rough (got in the rough and a sandtrap) but I recovered well I think.

>reinstall RO
>KSP doesn't crash
>instead the whole shell fucks up

:^)

Look at this beautiful drive

Wew lad, I really didnt think I was gonna make it onto the fairway but the wind was in my favor

Alright, I'm done with ksp for the day. Just had the third crash with a 20 minute load time.

Afraid I didn't get much done.

Fuck this game is as buggy as ksp. If you take a screenshot at the wrong time you get into the game's screenshot mode with no way to exit. Absolutely disgusting.

Also a shitty bug caused me to restart the course and I am doing worse this time around.

I finished 7 over par. Disgusting. One more round before I go to bed.

>KSP starts now
>settings screen is fucking blank

the ride never ends

Fucking yuma. I actually been to this shithole. The golf courses there are much better looking but the golf course in the game wholeheartedly embraces the spirit of yuma.

Holy fucking potatoes, I got an eagle. That was pure luck.

Not hole-in-one.

Git gud.

One thing I like about this game is that it doesn't allow you to do ridiculous shit like drive a ball 500 yards on your first hit. It would be nice if I could build an average amateur golfer up to pro levels, though.

>tfw the battle between thrust and aerodynamics finally has a victor

Got 8 under. This course was rated medium I think, the other one that I fucked up hardcore on was rated easy. This course was far easier than the other one because the winds on the previous ones were ridiculous. 10mph winds everywhere, wtf.

>tfw I did a hole in one back in PGA 2005

The golf club devs introduced DLC with their unfinished unity game. They are literally worse than squad.

What errors are you getting in the log?

>Trade in $10 for a roll of quarters at the bank.
>Get all laundry collected and sorted.
>Pick up basket and start to head downstairs to start it.
>Pick up detergent from table by door.
>Empty.

Reeeeedammitreeee

You can usually get one tiny last little bit out of it, especially if you hold it upside-down for a few minutes. Probs enough to do a load unless you're a disgusting motherfucker.

>get roll of quarters to do laundry
>get to the laundry room
>we switched to a card system!
>card machine is in the front office
>front office is closed

>stop shitposting to do laundry
>gather up all dirty laundry
>walk over to the closet with the washer in it
>start laundry
>back to start shitposting already
This is what American freedom is all about.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Would like to be able to do ALL the laundry though :/

Gonna just have to prioritize undies and shirts for a small load.

Gonna have to sleep on dirty sheets though. :(

We're not nearly that high-tech :P

The true American dream indeed.

>Can't hold the urges and open 4 MFC streams

>Dirty sheets
Lewd
Just throw a blanket down and lay on that.

Plop?

The blankets are arguably dirtier ;)

Hullo plop.

Hullo

Did you have a rat for breakfast, cloc?

Who is cloc?

you're cloc, cloacaman of the gecko cloaca.

That seems incorrect.

Don't worry cloc, you'll still be called cloc no matter what :^)

I ask you kindly to call me snek

I kindly refuse your request, cloc.

>Get notification.
>"Check out hot new song from breakout artist."
>It's a song I've been listening to for a maybe a month now.

Fug. does this mean I'm a hipster now?

youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2Kwr_2Akw

This is bretty cool. Makes me wish I had any sort of talent.

Thanks for sharing.