What´s your opinion on people who engine swap rx7 and other rotary cars?

What´s your opinion on people who engine swap rx7 and other rotary cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B-7aGvVFoig
sehinc.com/news/truth-about-speed-limits-explained-engineer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stupid as fuck.
The car is literally built around the rotary.

their money, their car.

FD3s should've came from factory with LS !

Homogenizes uncommon and unique cars. This is a bad thing.

This. That being said, I would never do it personally, and judge you a little if you do. Quietly. I understand your reasons completely, but we just have to agree to disagree.

Not their fault the rotary is so shit to begin with.

>Americans can't make own sports car.
>They have to nigger-rig nipponese shit.

I'm dying.

Pretty much this. It's like putting a four stroke engine into an old two stroke saab.
Or an i4 into anything that had a v4.

>implying that means shit.

The engine just outputs power my friend. If someone made all the necessary modifications for the engine to work, there shouldn't be a problem with the car once it's working properly.

completely ruins one of the best parts about the car

Too stupid to do oil change every 3k miles
stupid enough to fork out 20k+ to be a special snowflake

But that's the thing, they aren't special snowflakes swapping out the snowflake engine. They instead become the normalcucks.

I want to call them dumb for taking the rotary engine out of a car made for rotary engines but supposedly the FD is a really good balanced chassis on its own.

It makes them a double special snowflake

>front cylinders inline with the strut tower
Came buckets. Thanks OP.

>missing the entire point

As expected of a burgertard.

>Take one of the best handling and well balanced chassis in the world
>With some of the smoothest and highest revving engines
>Take all of that and throw it out

that's why it's dumb

Every burger swap in to a non burger car is proof that USA can't build a chassis to save its auto industry.

They're dumb to maintain a rotary so they spend more money on a nigger rigged engine that makes the car slower.

The fastest RX7s aren't V8 powered, or even 3 rotor, the fastest FD to ever lap tsukuba was 13B powered.

>that vacuum cleaner hepa filter

Says someone with no experience with cars.

Power delivery, torque curve, redline, engine noise; these all have a dramatic on the car's performance and more importantly its character.

Part of an FD RX-7's charm is that wailing, low torque high horsepower rotary underhood.

Swapping in an admittedly powerful and reliable, but "lazier" LS V8 just strips away some of the car's charm.

Sure a stock LS7 will put out more horsepower and much more torque than a stock two-rotor, but for the gain you throw away what made this car such a neat little machine to begin with.

And I'm not trying to bash tuning or engine swaps in general because I get them, done right you can either enhance or flush out what's already lurking in a decent car or rebuild a duller machine into something unique and desirable.

But an FD already is unique and desirable just as it left the factory. I especially don't get why these cars get chopped up when at the same damn time Mazda was making another light, balanced sports car that can accept a V8.

The Miata.

It had a normal inline four and modest output to begin with so you're not losing anything by replacing the stock engine, and they've sold more than a million of them so you're not hacking up a rare, hard to find gem like the RX-7.

You stupid eurofucks. Look at the pictures posted. They're all taken in counties with funny shaped license plates and URLs with more than 2 dots. Not America.

Fact is that the chassis and layout on these cars is pretty good, they can be had cheap, and they can benefit from a cheap, light performance engine like an LS.

The Rotary eXperiment is pretty good, but just doesn't have the money poured into it to make it a good all around engine yet. Hopefully soon.

So it's not that we can't make a sport car, it's that other countries can't make an engine. Your own people clearly agree.

But please, keep posting proof of your arrogance and those noses pointed high.

this, FDs are still one of the best time attack cars in the world and they all use the 13b

Kill yourself burgertard.

The car naturally outlasts the engine.

C5Z, C6Z, ZR1> anything toyota, subaru, honda, acura, Mazda, nissan has ever made. Obviously excluding r35. Yeah if only America could make a race car.

amerilard being retarded... big surprise

They did, it's called a C5 Corvette.

Dumb burgercuck detected.

>Look at the pictures posted. They're all taken in counties with funny shaped license plates and URLs with more than 2 dots. Not America.

The OP's pic has california plates and the red 2jz swapped FD is owned by a nigger in VA.

Nobody cares about your pigfat chebby pieces of trash that always get BTFO by actual proper jap and euro sports cars.
Stop embarassing yourself.

So why can't a heavily modified C6Z beat naturally aspirated civics around a track?

youtube.com/watch?v=B-7aGvVFoig

>Here are the complete results from the NA Attack Class.

1 Sunbeam E46 M3 CSL ---------------------- 58.118
2 Garage WORK EG6 -------------------------- 58.138
3 Arvou S2000 (white) -------------------------- 58.594
4 T.S-FCBYWM AE86 ------------------- 58.800
5 Yellow FactoryRK EG6 ------------------ 58.806
6 Kanitama S2000 (White) -------------------- 59.243
7 Okumaru S2000 (Yellow) ------------------- 59.277
8 Orangeball DC5 -------------------------------- 59.279
9 Front Row 997 GT3 Cup Car (Blue) ----- 59.318
10 Garage WORK EK4 -------------------------- 59.413
11 Arvou Kant S2000 (Yellow) ----------------- 59.621
12 Tobe Power DC2 ------------------------------- 59.728
13 KUNI S30Z --------------------------------------- 59.838
14 R.racing 996 GT3 (Black) ------------------- 59.987
15 TUC Boss Corvette Z06 -------------------- 1'00.002
16 SK Feed Z4M ---------------------------------- 1'00.492
17 Arvou Yoshitaka S2000 (Green) --------- 1'00.600
18 Super Now 997 GT3 RS (Orange) ------ 1'00.634

Feel free to name off a few models and how I'm wrong.

>C6Z literally BTFO by an EG hatch with a few simple mods
kek

Lets move the goal posts and compare race cars rather than actual production models. I hear camrys are real fast in nascar.

Not even the GM faggot fanboys will defend this.

Funny that it's a built C6Z too. A stock C6 ZR1 only runs a 1'02.55 on tsukuba.

>burgers literally can't compete.

>modified production cars are equal to silhouette bodied spaceframes
Faggot fanboys everyone.

Depends on the car and the engine.
SA22's are kinda suited to V8 swaps. They're solid axle cars, reasonably light, and they don't handle as well as later generation 7's.
An FD is great with an engine swap, but they're great without them too. You can't deny the sexyness of a well-executed single turbo two rotor.
RX-8's being swapped is something I'm perfectly fine with. That cars is a disgrace to the RX lineup, hosts the worst rotary we know of, and it should've just come with a 2.3 DISI turbo from the factory. K-swaps, V-ates, whatever, just go ahead. With the cheap, cheap price of rolling chassis nowadays, there's no reason not to.

I like people's freedom, but I dislike throwing long iron 2JZ's into a car that was designed for lightness. Now, an ATTESSA AWD swap with an alloy block RB26...

High revving isn't important in street cars though.

Nürburgring Lap Times

Top 100 Nürburgring Lap Times

Rank
Manufacturer & Model
Time
Video
Year
1. Radical SR8LM
6:48.00 Watch Onboard ’09
2. Radical SR8
6:56.08 Watch Onboard ’05
3. Porsche 918 Spyder
6:57.00 Watch Onboard ’13
4. Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce
6:59.73 Watch Onboard ’15
5. Nissan GT-R Nismo
7:08.68 Watch Onboard ’15
6. Gumpert Apollo Speed
7:11.57 Watch Onboard ’09
7. Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR
7:12.13 Watch Onboard ’10
8. Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package
7:14.64 Watch Onboard ’12
9. Donkervoort D8 RS
7:14.89 Watch Onboard ’05
10. Porsche 911 GT2 RS
7:18.00 Onboard N/A ’10
11. Radical SR3 Turbo
7:19.00 Watch Onboard ’03
12. Nissan GT-R
7:19.10 Onboard N/A ’13
13. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
7:19.63 Watch Onboard ’12
14. Dodge Viper ACR
7:22.1 Watch Onboard ’09
15. Chevrolet Corvette Z06
7:22.68 Watch On

Funny they look to be among super cars here.

Kek, chebby literally cannot compete.

>slower than a Nissan
lol

american sports cars are only good at driving in a straight line

We all know that happens when a corvette is driven at the limit.

Cheapest cars on that list by 50k+

>If only they could compete

Where are all those s2ks, egs, and m3s???

>b-but
>americans are now proud that their """ sports""" cars are quicker than stock 20 year old civics

Tip top lel americuck.

>facebook memes
>MUH CHEBBY
>constant anal pain

Ahhhh, classic ameriburger.

Enjoy your bus ride home from work ladies. So sorry america's sports car competes with your "super cars".

>competes

LMAO

you know someone is desperate when they fall back on the bus rider retort

Ayyy lmao. I think that's pretty dope

the took the shit tier rotary out of it and put in a far superior and more efficient engine in it

why wouldn't you engine swap one?

fastest rx7s are rotary powered :v)

why swap one just to make it slower, just buy a corvette, those ones are already slower and dont have to modify anything :v))

Hello underage!

inb4 a bunch of angry rotary purists

...Wow, in all these years of seeing weeb morons post this review, I don't think anyone has ever pointed out that he's driving a base model CONVERTIBLE.

>race convertible non track version of a sports coupe
>complain its limp noodled or wishy washy

What a fucking hack.

So what you're saying is that Europeans, Californians, and Niggers love the ls?

Shit, maybe it is a terrible engine.

go get raped in jail

spotted the bitter poorfag that can't afford a Vette

>dickriding the namefag that was raped in jail

top kek, come on, suck his dick harder, fondle his balls with your tongue, what a faggot

>getting this triggered

>engaging the damage control

>still sperging

>"Cheap"
In more ways than one lol

you sperged though, i am sorry making fun of your internet boyfriend triggered you so much kek

good way of keeping the chassis in use while it waits around for some next gen rotor

13b swapped c5 ?

Allot people "spics" turn these into dorito machines

what, mad that tsuchiya is a biased clown?

even Clarkson isnt retarded enough to try and touge the cloth top base suspension base model version of a GT car then try and compare its handling unfavorably with the top packages (some of which are even modded) of non convertibles.

>a drug dealr lowlife that was raped in jail replies to one of your posts

They have no tuning skill so have to rely on the easy power swap.

if they do it for attention they are faggots
if they do it for torque they are cool

That pic looks like the car is 1:3 scale

>base model C6 convertible
>literally the most boomer tier corvette ever made other than maybe the C5 vert
triggered

>this much asshurt

>a poorfag with no life or ambition tries to console themselves regarding their lifetime of mediocrity and submitting to every bullshit rule his owners dream up by pretending prison rape isnt a hollywood meme to scare fags like him into accepting their wageslave role

sorry forgot my ebic meemee fase

This is really a huge part of it. I know two guys with LS FDs. The first switched to a LS after the first rebuild on the engine , the second did it after his third rebuild. Wenkel's are really cool, but apex seals can be sketchy even if you know how to maintain them.

I think a lot of euros and Asians don't fully comprehend American car culture. Much of America was built with automobiles in mind. Lots of freeways and long straight Boulevards. Classic American car culture is about cruising at low rpms down the Boulevard on a Saturday night in big hulking machines with honking V8's guzzling cheap gasoline, and flying down long stretches of straight highway going from town to town. The high revving corner killers, while still popular in Burgerland USA still have their place in the culture, but it's not as set in as the monster Chevy and Ford boats that many of our parents grew up on, or the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s. Swapping in inefficient v8 engines is the American way. Cheap gas and straight roads have shaped our car culture and sometimes it's hard to understand unless you have grew up here, and remember a time before le fast and furious cucked car culture here.

LS is much more efficient than a rotary tho

>RX-8's being swapped is something I'm perfectly fine with
Came here to say this. RX-8 looks nice, handles well, is practical and clever with its door arrangement. The only negative thing about it is the engine that grenades itself so why not swap it

>le torque meme

Literally a special olympics competition for burgerlards whose shitty engines are useless for anything else, kek.

>go in straight line
>"""culture"""

Holy shit, how retarded can amerifats get?

In America a car represents the idea of freedom that one can pack up and drive along the great expanse of highway and start a new life. America is quite large and has long stretches of highway connecting city to city, town to town. Sorry if you can't comprehend the enjoyment of cruising down this expanse in a monster machine with nothing but the view of possibilities through your windshield and the past in your rearview mirror, punching it and feeling the torque pin you back into your seat as you enjoy your cheese burger and freedom fries. And stop trying to be so edgy pretending you initial d to work everyday in your 1.2 litre econobox.

>be on straight road
>turn anyway
genius idea my fellow yuropoor

>ITT: bench racers arguing over cars they'll never afford.

Never change, Veeky Forums.

Not that guy but why do you still have speed limits on the interstates then

rotary in a street car is the biggest meme engine of all time though lol

This article gives an interesting reasoning for speed limits. sehinc.com/news/truth-about-speed-limits-explained-engineer

States like Nevada and Montana used to not have a speed limit until the federal government threatened to take away highway funding from them.

>met a guy that owns an LS swapped FD RX-7
>also met a guy that owns a bone stock 1993 RX-7

I think they're both cool. Personally though I'd keep the doritos.

That article more like gives a reasoning against speed limits.

>That article more like gives a reasoning against speed limits.
the article argues people are going to drive as fast as they want no matter what but then argues speed limits are raised so people who obey the speed limit will drive faster

dude autobahn lmao

I guess there is some good reasoning behind this. I basically treat speed limits as speed minimums and use 10 over as the actual speed limit. If I was driving on a road I was completely unfamiliar with I would appreciate some sort of speed guides.

they're unreliable thats why theyre dead tho

>keeping the factory engine is a meme
do you really have to post?