Is it possible to be successful at a company if you don't drink their kool-aid?

Is it possible to be successful at a company if you don't drink their kool-aid?

You at least have to do a passable job faking it. Or be extrodinary at what you do. Which one do you think people do?

yeah, critics, gadflies and whistleblowers can have their place in management.

they're probably not going to want you leading any teams though.

a lot of big companies also have forgotten positions where you don't have to interact with people or toe the company line.

I had a buddy, did 128% of full year plan. He hustled fucking hard. Company trotted him out infront of all the other reps constantly. He had a nervous break down and refused ALL company based attention. He avoided work functions to the point that he quit one day from all the harassment.

Being good didn't protect his job. Sucking shit from management did. Lots of shitty reps sucked shit and got higher wages, better territories ect. My buddy? He got paid about 18K less than comparable and worse reps.

>Company trotted him out infront of all the other reps constantly. He had a nervous break down and refused ALL company based attention.

What does this mean?

sorry, that was vague, did they trot him out in a positive or negative light?

Take your trip off faggot. Nobody cares who you are. If anyone cared they would go to reddit.

Being social is undeniably part of most jobs. It's a basic function. If he would have functioned at normal social capacity and did his job exceptionally he would still have a job. What you're describing doesn't refute my summation of typical business practice.

They did it in a positive way. Awards, recognition ect. But he felt they dragged him out to flog other reps to be better.

He would get mentioned during kickoffs, sales meetings, monthly sales things ect. He hated the attention and he would go crazy over this. He went to management and HR and requested he did not get that attention. He refused to go for after work drinks and such. He got harassed and insulted constantly over this. Unfortunately he is a bit different sexual orientation wise. As such he got attacked for that too.

>he is a bit different sexual orientation wise
I'm kinda afraid to ask what this means on Veeky Forums where being a fursuit-wearing lesbian gimp in a man's body and diapers passes for normal.

How about you fuck your own face. Honestly, he caught shit for being socially awkward. He was one of the best performers branch wise. Honestly he was listed in the best reps in the region.

He claimed he was polyamorous. He also claimed that he was pansexual to an extent. He was very vocal about this and was quick to call anybody out on homophobic/misogynistic comments.

What do you know a tripfag with issues. We're talking about business, not how you feel bad for your gay friend. You say "honestly" too much for an anonymous image forum, was he your lover?

Start a blog or go to reddit please.

Congratulations you've contributed nothing and distracted from the thread to focus on how insecure you are. Are you happy?

I mean that with sincerity by the way. What's wrong bro, why do you feel the need to trip. Is someone not giving you enough attention at home. You can talk about it here, we're all anonymous. Well you are partially at least, maybe we can work it out

polite sage

Like in general? Not really. However I stated a valid point. First hand I witnessed a coworker NOT drink the kool-aid, while doing an excellent job. Yet instead of him being accommodated, management worked towards getting rid of him.

This is what is called an anecdote and it doesn't show fundemental knowledge of inner business workings. Not because your observation is invalid (even though it most likely is, but i'm still trying to give you credit here), but because it is one incedence and at that it was not even experienced first hand. It's relative usefulness is very low. So your post quality is by almost all metrics useless.

We're done with that now.

I'm here for another half hour tripfriend. I can give you very expensive advice free. It's a good deal. You know what i want from you.

sage

they didn't drink kool-aid at jonestown. they drank flavor aid.

Success is perfectly appearing to be what they want you to be while believing nothing that you parrot.

no
but prepare to work 10x harder to not get fired

I want some expensive advice free. pls help. thank kind.

You can get fired for not associating with the company culture?

>drink their kool-aid
You are already "drinking the kool-aid" using those kind of corporate bullshit terms.

Depends on the company. You've got to at least pretend like you do.

Some places are cults. Some places reward hard work. Find somewhere that's the latter.

Not literally, but they will push you out. Have you never worked for a company before...?

This, at the very least pretend to drink the kool aid.

Pretty much this. Usually a lot of big name or well know companies operated fairly cultish. A lot of businesses are selling this "work culture" trend to attract younger candidates for their jobs, I'd highly recommend anyone to be careful of this shit. I know it sounds nice not to work in a completely conservative boring ass company, but a lot of the "work culture" companies are fucking either MLM scam jobs or a delusional hyper-positive companies who just want yes-men.

?

How else would you like me to describe it?

What does "push you out" mean?

Look for ways to make you miserable, constantly work against you ect. Eventually you will be so unhappy you quit. Basically a constructive dismissal