>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

/dbt/ map: Meet, smoke, drink, fight
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

boring videos
good first bikes
sportbikes.net/forums/new-riders/391524-looking-beginner-bike-look-no-further.html

message for new riders
>sportbikes.net/forums/new-riders/382129-message-new-riders.html

Previously on dbt:

Other urls found in this thread:

charlotte.craigslist.org/mcd/5537603437.html
charlotte.craigslist.org/mcd/5548673300.html
charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/5500322994.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for check out my new tires

first for honda a shit

But I like my honda user :/

What will you tackle next? For me it's finding a way to clean the engine block.

But my Shadow's been good to me user.

Ima tackle this grilled cheese and turkey sammich. Might even ride today

Post shadow.

How many miles do you get to a tank?

Bed, then a hangover. im not looking forawrd to waking up.

differential equations, then gluing shitty go pro plastic

This, reliability is so boring. I used to own a Honda, I spent more time riding it than I did fixing it, it was awful.

>impost file size limit on webm for retards to 4mb
>file size: 4.09 mb

You stupid asshole fix this shit.

You best be ruseing boy

Who here shiney paint

>he buys a bike to ride it

Forgot pic

I like riding around all comfy and enjoying the scenic view

does aprilia have anything like vtec?
past 6000rpm it gets this awesome sound and a huge bump in power

Not that I know of, it's probably more the ECU being mapped to meet emission standards, just under 6000rpm is probably the 'cruising' rate.

under 6000 it still is no joke, but the absurd thing is that the sound changes, it goes from standard vtwin growl to screaming fucking helicopter

What's that sticker thing on the tanks of the bike, I see them everywhere?

Why are you retards incapable of linking to the right /wsg/ thread?

On ODE how's it going user

scratch guards. you may scratch the tank with your zipper

ball protector
cock holder
semen sponge
pocket pussy

Because why the fuck can't we post webms with sound here?
retarded people that run this site i swear.

Goddamnit I can't do anything right.

Bored posting until I go ride

Always set it slightly less than you want. I use 2.9 for this board and 3.9 for /wsg/

Basically, emission standards are a complex bastard, there's a combination of absolute limits and limits for 'typical use'. Once you go outside the latter, you have a bit more flexibility so you can do more with the fuel/air ratio without worrying as much about what's coming out of the exhaust (i.e. focusing on pure performance). Even if you don't vary the valve timing, you can still alter the ignition timing as well as charge composition and volume. All these factors affect how the engine performs and sounds.

>Look at that Buell rider
lel

Buell u say

neato..

off topic, went to see how much a bimota tesi would cost and
>32330€
that is not nearly as much as i thought...
>if i sold my current bike i could afford one

How do i stop panicking mid turn, while on the twisties.
I keep thinking i'm going way too fast even though the bike and tires can definitely handle it.
is it just practice?

a shit, exam tomorrow and prof is giving me undamped motion examples where I have to convert from english to si

Pretty much, Following someone faster than you and having them take it easy helps.

yes

you can be methodical, practice and work you way up but at the end of the day, every increase in lean angle and cornerspeed brings with it some extra associated fear and adrenaline.

it's part of why it's fun to do so.

>take it easy
yeah last week I didn't take it easy enough for my mate

Like just earlier i was going faster than i felt comfortable and panicked and just pushed harder on the handlebar and lent in more and the bike was fine, but i still panic hardcore

Sorry, at work so wasn't paying attention to the thread. As far as milage goes, I honestly don't know. Haven't ridden it to reserve yet as I try to always fill it at 90 to 100 miles. I'll see if I have any shifty pics on my phone I can post though.

experiment with riding positions when going around corners, shuffle your arse to the direction of lean, whichever feels the most planted usually is. the tyres and bike will always be able to outperform the rider, be comfortable in that fact. unless you are cb400cunt or schaaf where they out perform their pieces of shit

yeah that's gonna happen, I was close to shaking the first time I got off the bike after doing some stand up wheelies for the first time.

The trick is to push your comfort zone only a tiny bit at a time and just little by little make that comfort zone bigger.

which is why I always say for touge riding, pick a piece of road you know well, and go over it slow enough that you don't need to use anything other than engine braking to enter the corners, train your lines and body position until they're good then add the speed later, because where people fuck up is they go too fast then tie themselves into knots thinking about what they're supposed to be doing in the corner because they're not prepared.

i'm on a kawasaki 2006 zzr250 so i deffs know the bikes limits are far higher than mine.
Just gotta keep working at it I suppose.

yellow ninja user?
got a scenic selfie for me yet?

First for Laplace transforms to solve ODEs is annoying af

This is the day I bought it. Haven't changed anything aside from putting the stock mirrors back on. Still need to find some seven saddlebags for it too, since I'd like to be able to do light errand running and road trips on it.

All good. I can get around 130-140 miles before I gotta switch to reserve on my vtx

how do i willy on new, considerably more powerful baiku?
heck, on the 125 there was no possibility to fuckup, but now i feel it's way too dangerous...

Nice. How do you like those controls being that forward?

Nah she's a blue one.
Got her about 2 months ago, 27,000km on the clock.

Use a spray attatchment on air compressor with mineral spirits.

They're alright. Previous owner had them with some shitty little mirrors when i bought it. It's a 2005 with 12k miles I was able to get for $1650, so overall I'm pretty pleased. It's my first bike and this year is going to be my first full season riding, hence why I'm sure of the upper range of my gas milage. Already ran out of gas once because I had the petcock in the wrong position like a dumbass, and I promised myself never again.

I dunno. Moot was a dumbass who loved making arbitrary decisions and restrictions, Hiro not knowing Veeky Forums too well decided to leave them in place.

nice baik user
I've been thinking about putting a zzr250 front end on when I redo my forks, that picture lends credence to the idea that they are almost identical

take it easy and at your own pace. Make sure to turn your head and to be aware but not fixated on nearby cars.
t. someone who fucked up a corner this weekend for not doing what I said above

Shit happens. I was close to running out on the highway the other night after being stuck in traffic at the oceanfront for fkn ever. Shit sucks :/

my biggest trouble was not turning my head.
touch that fucken chin to your shoulder and it will feel way more comfortable. and don't forget to move your butt

Bakuon episode today

How heavy is the vtx? My shadow is my DD and fine on the highway/expressways but sometimes i wish it had a sixth gear.

you best not be lying senpai

A new episode airs every Monday, oniifam.

750lbs wet. I use it as my dd and I like it. Been thinking about trading up for a f6b for a dd though

Man i was hoping today would have gone differently.
Kind of meh.

I haven't called the guy that wanted to sell me a bike yet, it's been 2 weeks.
Do you think he's gonna be pissed if I call him today?

>I haven't called the guy that wanted to sell me a bike yet, it's been 2 weeks.
>2 weeks

youre scum

Eh.
I don't even know if I want it yet.

>2 weeks
>2 fucking weeks

S C U M

What if I wait another week?

DEPRAVED
SCUM

I just don't feel like talking at the phone.

Thanks nobike

I've never had a bike before. Recommended to get manual on the first bike or keep it tragic?

Looking at this maybe.

charlotte.craigslist.org/mcd/5537603437.html

Then again this one has even less miles and is even cheaper:

charlotte.craigslist.org/mcd/5548673300.html

Wouldn't I want the smaller one to learn on, though?

Tank for my build came in today, gas cap and petcock are on the way

we stuckup as fuck soon bae

autistic scum then.

lol, i do have a bike

auto bikes are actually scooters mate
those are both good learner bikes but you'll enjoy and look cooler on the 500

Do Americans not have cheep cheep beaters? In the UK I'd recommend spending £1000 or less, preferably as much less as possible on a shitty little bike as you're definitely going to drop it

Get a manual.

Nobody here actually has a bike

Well then.
I guess he's not selling me that bike.

i hate this meme

Makes sense.

It's hard to find even a junk of a car for cheap nowadays. A while back, there was a government program that took a bunch of shit cars off of the road by offering $2000 for ANY vehicle regardless of condition. I don't believe they accepted bikes but it is still hard to find shitty cars for cheap.

charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/5500322994.html

This one is a bit of a drive away but much cheaper. I don't know about that age though, and they say "Needs work."

getting a bike again

i've never spent more than $1200 on a bike which is less than £1000

i'm super patient though.. i'll wait years and comb through ads out in the sticks to find the best deals

fuck off nobike fag

Do people just wrap their tank and fenders now?
or does everyone still paint?

cuck leave

Ok nobike

>buttmad aussie detected
lol don't you have refugees to pay? fucking cuck

trying to find a job. had an interview today that went well, waiting for a second interview now

that seems a bit much. my friend bought a 300 Ninja for that price

also >Charlotte i used to live in Matthews!

the American used car/bike market is fucked compared to yours

loads of people do vinyl wrap but personally I'd take it to a painter

wrapping is cheaper and easier

its one of the most shitty memes here

Fixed brakes on GPX! Maybe. Caliper pin was seized, given it a good going over and refitted and the brake lever travel is much better. Then it started raining, so they better be fucking fixed. Scary.

no better time to test it, amirite?