I am about to buy a 2014 civic coupe, and there's nothing you can do to stop me

i am about to buy a 2014 civic coupe, and there's nothing you can do to stop me

where do you live op? maybe we can cruise together once you get it

north florida ;)

get the si

Its a really great car, how many miles and what do they want for it?

This. I have nothing against the Civic coupe but the R18 engine is garbage. Get the Si. Then you get the glorious K24.

I heard the new 2016 engines are really amazing but Honda didn't make an Si for 2016

Go ahead. Be disappointed, like every other Honda owner out there.

The new 1.5L Turbo is interesting, but not amazing. It's so new no one knows what to expect from it. They basically took the Fit's engine and threw a turbo at it and now it's suddenly amazing (note I'm not buying that).
The base stripper model gets a K20 which is glorious, but underpowered as it doesn't have proper Vtec.
What isn't glorious about the new Civic are the CVT automatics that, based on the history of CVTs in mainstream cars the last 20 years, will be undoubtedly unreliable.

Well you don't buy a civic like the regular civic to race and drive aggressively like you would with an Si

they probably chose that engine because its super efficient and the turbo gives it the jump of the previous generations have

>super efficient
It really isn't.
I can draw comparisons with 1980's logic here.
In the 1980's Chrysler had a 2.2L SOHC 8 valve inline 4 making 96 HP N/A. For performance models, usually with the Shelby name attached, the same engine was turbocharged and intercooled to 175 HP. It wasn't more efficient (the turbo variants used more fuel) but it was much faster.

However, the fuel economy of the 1.5L Turbo and the N/A 2.0L are virtually identical and the power between them isn't much.

I mean comparatively to older civic models, not cross brands

Theres a lot more to an engine than just Liters and cylinders and turbos

I'm saying Honda is using the same 1980's logic to sell less efficient engines to morons.

My thoughts n the new Civic? What till the Si or Type R shows up. If you can't wait, then either buy a 2.0L 6 speed manual stripper or pony up the cash for an Acura ILX.

Is honda really making the 2017 Type-R AND the Si? seems almost redundant in their sports line ups. Two sports editions of the same type of car one far more powerful than another makes the Si look like an intermediate between a regular civic and the type-r

The 1.5L turbo is already running at high psi stock so a tune wouldnt do much for it. In fact, a tune would most likely damage the engine over time.

The Si is going to be more comfort/luxury oriented with more convenience features.
The Type R will have much more power but also much more hardcore.

>more luxury
then that makes the EX-L look like a cheaper intermediate with a smaller engine next to the regular EX civic as well

It doesn't sound like it makes a whole lot of sense but I bet I can get a 2015 civic si for super cheap if some people want to upgrade into a 2017 type R

whats the MSRP on the type R supposed to be?

guarantee the type r will debut around 30-35

fuck that, I'd rather get an accord or splurge for the next acura equivalent

The Si will essentially be an EX-L with a bigger more powerful engine, and a lower, stiffer suspension with quicker steering and better brakes.

The Type R will have less features than the Si, but the performance overkill will be cranked up to 11. The Current european Type R (pic related) has a 300+ HP K20 Turbo.

The Type R will compete with the likes of the Volkswagen Golf R and the Ford Focus RS.

I don't know why they deviated and used the hatchback as their type-R shit looks so much better when it looks like a regular sedan

>Always wanted an 2008 TL-S, market price is fucking overpriced for what is an 8 year old car with a 5AT

>Really like the new 2016 Accord

Would the V6 6AT be somewhat comparable to it? I understand if the suspension is more tuned for comfort but that can be fixed easily. In terms of weight and dimensions, the two are similar. I do not need 9 fucking gears on the TLX.

Man all I wanted was:
>the price of the Si
>the power of the Si
>the luxury of the accords/ex-l civic w/ leather options and other electronic junk
>sedan look of all the other civics

Whatever honda, you didn't want my money anyway

The only official Type R sedan was the FD2. All other Type R's were hatchbacks.

So buy an Si sedan. What's the problem? There will be a new Si sedan.

no nifty bells and whistles like leather, electronics things like in the EX accord/civic. The luxury shit in the package of the Si