Index funds

>Index funds

Other urls found in this thread:

tastytrade.com/tt/shows/options-jive/episodes/taking-winners-eliminates-losers-08-24-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=9FD6iczbBoA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Thinking you can beat the market when algorithmic computers and PHD holders can't

you are correct.
index funds are for fedoras

i like how these are consistently racist.

>actively managed funds

hate to break it to you , but every business is an "actively managed fund"

why would you invest in a business where everyone in the office is just sitting around on their hands skimming money off you?
cant you do that urself?

>why would you invest in a business where everyone in the office is just sitting around on their hands skimming money off you?
because the expense fees are lower than a fund with an army of fuckheads doing fuck all

>I keep my money in my savings account

If I hav $100,000 to invest can't I just buy into an index fund and live off the dividend anything rong am seeing here?

Skip to 5:30
tastytrade.com/tt/shows/options-jive/episodes/taking-winners-eliminates-losers-08-24-2016

Profitable Active Management: It Happens

With my next salary I'll put $100 a month into arero and there's nothing you can do about it. :')

That photo could also be used for
>Keeping my money in cash in a safe
Or
>Keeping my gold buried in the backyard

Well that all depends. Could you live off $2000 a year?

The funny thing about passive investing is that it can't exist without active investing. The only reason asset prices change because of supply and demand and price discovery, which depends on active investing. Basically, passive investors are leeches.

>2% a year
youtube.com/watch?v=9FD6iczbBoA

Interesting. What would be the difference between investing in a index fund for example the s&p500 and buying every individual stock itself and swing trade urself? I don't know shit as you can see

But what if the stupid servants were to invest in and. The coin hider would be out on top

tryn 2 tell u how ez it should be for u 2 get muni w/o having 2 be obsessed over it or afriad 2 make any acts of diligence and faith.

Yeh man. Stocks never rise or fall based on actual company performance!

The only thing traders provide for us passive investors is liquidity.

More work and higher costs because you have to pay for each single order.

>Yeh man. Stocks never rise or fall based on actual company performance!
LOL. Do you think stock prices change because they feel like it? Somebody has to buy them at a higher or lower price, stupid.

>The only thing traders provide for us passive investors is liquidity.
If traders didn't exist, your investment would be worthless dummy. Do you think your investment just intrinsically appreciates?

Ya did you guys forget about the Fundamentals Machines buried under London and NYC that automatically prices things from SEC filings duh. How do you think old-timey paper tickers worked? The Fundamentals Machine deep under old subway lines like in Ghostbusters 2