How do you kill a knight in full plate armour, without firearms?

How do you kill a knight in full plate armour, without firearms?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/new-study-busts-the-myth-that-knights-couldnt-move-well-1783051334
militaryhistorynow.com/2012/05/23/the-crossbow-a-medieval-wmd/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVnmXkTd_w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blunt force, or find a gap.

faint until make him tired and then throw some disgusting liquid down the slit

Crossbows

Charge with lance at full tilt. A rigid war lance, not one of those tournament things

Smash in head or other vital area with a warhammer of some sort

Find gap in protection covered only by mail (armpit is a favored choice) and ram dagger through.

Close in shot with crossbow, preferably one with more than 1000 pounds of draw weight.

bullets wouldn't do the trick

Poleaxe or a crossbow if you want to punch through the armour

AIDS?

>without firearms
>implying bullets can penetrate armour

Get them on the ground, lift up their faceplate, if they aren't a noble then stab them in the face repeatedly.

With a juicy mace or pike.

teleport behind him then bisect him with a single slice of my Hanzo Katana.

Japanese folded blades can cut through steel plate

burning oil

Send STD ridden high class prostitutes into the enemy camp.

THis sounds like the honey pot trap of the Chinese strategems but in a new flavour.

>without firearms?
easy with a railgun

Gas them

I would say it's much easier if he doesn't have firearms. Are you saying it's harder?

Charge at him with a horse, run him over, dismount, pull off his helmet, then stab him in the neck.

Get him on his back like a turtle, then axe or hammer.

You send your own armored chump versus him.

Alternatively, you get five guys with blunt force weapons and piercing weapons beat the shit out of him. Nice if you manage to pin him down and have one guy stab him in the eye/dick/armpit.

>if they aren't a noble.
Why would them being a noble matter, and what if they are a noble?

Then you would hold him for ransom.

This painting is amazing. I might print it out and hang it up in my workout space. Thanks user

Oh. I see the angle we are going for now.

Its pretty horrifying how the fact that plate armor being the most ultimate protective gear ever for its time also meant the counter-tactics you'll be up against would mean a horrible death for you if they succeeded.

Its either.
>Cunts cave your shit in and suddenly you cant breath/skull caved it/bits of armor hooked into your flesh
or
>4 guys hold you down while some dude is poking at gaps of your with a knife.

Stuff of fucking nightmares.

>Did not think of this.
Being invincible means you live more work is put into killing you and you last longer. I can hear the battle field screams as their allies pull back and they're left underneath a horse as his enemies slowly bash him to death.

Not to meantion that the crotch was usually one of the more vulnerable places of plate armour.

Throw a sword at the eye hole

>this kills the knight

You get him on the ground and smash his head in.

Almost all medieval skeletons from battles have caved in heads being the killing blow, alongside numerous wounds around the body.

Killing a man, especially in armour, isn't like in a movie where you slash him across the front and he rolls over dead never to move again, killing any human is hard, humans are tough as fuck, why do you think murder victims always have 15 or so stab wounds? No because the murderer was crazy as much as they probably wouldn't just immediate fucking die.

Even harder for an armoured man, so smash his head in.

Fire, or a hidden pit.

Maybe a hidden pit filled with fire.

This is a really, extra dumb thread.

The knight above has a full plate helmet... I mean I guess you could first take it off, or drop a fucking one ton rock on it, but that's assuming he's just gonna lie there and not try to avoid it or anything.

with one of these
alternatively, knock him over and stab him through the gaps in his armor

Most men have the strength to dent a helmet like that with their sword pommel or whatever. He'll lie there easier if you're already fucked him up in other ways.

FMJ rifle bullets will go right through that armor.

all bullets will except early muskets and flintlock pistols

>He'll lie there easier if you're already fucked him up in other ways.
Right, but how do you come to this part?

Armor won't prevent knocking him over. And it will do little to prevent concussion.

Armour will stop stuff killing you but it doesn't protect from concussive force very well.
You're going to be on the deck if you've taken a blow that's cracked your ribs

Why are rapiers supposedly crap against armour (compared to other swords)? It's not like a wider cutting blade is useful for cutting through plate armour (not going to happen), pointy tip is useful for thrusting into the gaps of the armor, against gambeson thrusting penetrates much more easily than cutting, also against chainmail thrusting is better.... You could use the pommel as a mace or you could use halfswording, like with a longsword. Plus it's quite similar to a specialized anti-armour sword, estoc.

You just need a really pointy sword. They literally invented the rapier for this purpose. Suits of armor can't stop a strong punch from a pointed rapier.

the armour's held together by leather and chainlink. stab the greedy bastard in the fucking armpit.

It's a tough nut to crack, quite intimidating.

But then you realize you can outrun him and his field of view is very limited.

Surprise attacks against him are easy, guerrilla tactics are nice too, just don't let him land a hit on your unarmored ass.

As for weakpoints, eye holes seem obvious, but try to stab a little lower, your point will flow with the plate and slide right into his face.

There's more grooves toward gaps along the back side too, at the elbow, calf, armpits and crotch.

As well, tiring him out is another option. You're more spry and can last longer over longer distances, difficult terrain, and harsh weather.

Knocking him down would seem obvious, but I'm sure he's had rigorous training to not have that happen to him.

Above all, don't panic.

>Above all, don't panic.
Here, take this.

This should do the trick

>except early muskets and flintlock pistols
a Cuirass made during the gunpower era is likely to stop bullets of the period, but it'd be foolish to expect it to always do so. On the other hand, there's still the head, arms, legs, etc which are vulnerable because it was unpractical to make armor thick enough to cover a man head to toe.
That knight in that suit is still vulnerable around the visor, crotch, joints, and to trampling. He's alot less vulnerable than an unarmored man would be, but mortal nonetheless.

with a taser

poison him in his sleep

I have no idea, but that possibly wouldn't work, since the armor acts as a Faraday cage.

>apply sweep kick
>watch in laughter as the knight tries to get back on his feet
>repeat

with a taser..

Hiiiiii, Trump!

>the myth that armor reduces your mobility
When will this meme die?

Been a while since I last wrestled but I'd take him down, pin him and then stab him through a gap the armor.

I think it's pretty common sense that armor reduces your mobility, specially when its about 80% of your weight
I also fight several martial arts, I would say I know what I'm talking about.

By breaking his heart.

Also there are so many other ways you could extremely simply defeat a knight
For example, you could throw a towel in his head and he's blind for good

gizmodo.com/new-study-busts-the-myth-that-knights-couldnt-move-well-1783051334

pardon the shitty website, I was too lazy to find better

You'd have to thow that towel really hard to get it into his had, in fact, you'd need a towel throwing device. That would count as firearm and those are not allowed.

>For example, you could throw a towel in his head and he's blind for good
No I idea why but I legitimately lol'd. Perhaps because running the scenario in my head was hilarious.

>firearm
Pretty sure towel catapult doesn't qualify as firearm

Well ok.
Thanks for helping me learn something new.
Still, that being said, from my experience fighting with rubber chest vests and wooden masks make it quite harder to be mobile
And at the very least it's physically impossible for him to be as fast as he was before

;-)

You hose the fucker with gasoline and set him aflame.
/Thread

>Also there are so many other ways you could extremely simply defeat a knight
Like some other anons mentioned a crossbow would probably be the best. The church tried to ban it ffs.

militaryhistorynow.com/2012/05/23/the-crossbow-a-medieval-wmd/

"IN THE 12th CENTURY, the crossbow was considered by many to be a weapon of mass destruction. Not only was it was remarkably accurate and particularly deadly, worse, it allowed any lowly peasant to kill a high-born mounted knight with the simple squeeze of a trigger."

"No one, neither a king in full suit of armour nor lowly conscript in homespun, could escape a well-aimed crossbow bolt. And that was something Medieval elites feared would shatter the natural order of society."

"As a result: the highest authority of the day, the Roman Catholic Church, called for an outright ban on the weapon. And the Vatican wasn’t messing around — violating the decree could lead to excommunication, or worse: damnation of the soul. Strong language, to be sure. In fact, for much of the Middle Ages, the crossbow was considered to be one of the most destabilizing weapons in existence, not unlike today’s nuclear, chemical and biological weapons."

*teleport behind the knight*
*drive my katana through a gap under the arm*
*wipe the blood from my folded steel*
Heh, nothing personal kid

Massive massive rocks

No need to teleport amigo. You're katana has a good enough range.

I never gave you permission to touch my balls.

You love it you slut

Fuck, you know me so well.

There's no point having teleporting abilities and not using them.

Right, but teleporting in close will render you unable to use your large weapon properly.

Nothing can stop the thrusting power of a katana.

test

That's why we had war hammers and maces, blunt force to make up for the lack of stabbing ability but find a slit or opening in the armor, mostly around the armpit was very possible

I think (depending on what period) someone with full plate would be rich af
so you would capture and ransom that person instead of straight out killing him

also once you lost balance it's a bitch to get back up

Did you mean fps instead of draw weight?

That's not what the ladies tell me.

Take him to the ground and try to get at his neck with a knife

Bet they don't tell you much...of anything.

I'm betting its most often "Go away or I'll call the cops"

kek

Lol. There's no time for that after teleporting and chloroform from behind.

Yeah but what if we are talking about a battle, so our knight isn't alone, he has his buddies with him, and you have buddies too.
What I wondered when I made this thread was how did battles between heavily armoured opponents look like?
Also, how many of them had full plate?
Like French gendarmes, would they have somewhat uniform armor?

With Violence

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVnmXkTd_w
Would this really kill a knight in a full plate?

Well, It does say kill on command. Perhaps if you command him violently it will die.

Bust out a knee with a blunt instrument and then finish him off when he's on the ground.

flamoethrower

>finish him off when he's on the ground.

Rapier blades are narrower (not that a few didn't have fairly broad blades), thus having less weight for a given length.

And how's that a problem?

Neurotoxin. Or some airborne sleeping gas and a Hammer.

Force equals mass multiplied with acceleration user.

And pressure equals force divided by area.