Hey Veeky Forums, I'm stuck between choosing a Saturn Ion Redline, a 2007 Impreza 2.5i...

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm stuck between choosing a Saturn Ion Redline, a 2007 Impreza 2.5i, a 07-2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V.,an 8th gen Civic Si, 240SX / Silvia Kouki, or a RSX Type S. Im looking for some thing with a good handling, power, and torque but also above 20 mpg city.I had a 2001 Integra LS previously so i'm looking for something to compare that too.

Pic unrelated

The RSX, Ion Redline, Civic Si, and 240SX's are your best bets.

I love that car

>fwd
>GM fwd
Vs.
Glorious rwd

Buy a civic shut the fuck up

You want torque? Only the tarbo then.

>implying GM's Delta chassis isn't one of the most capable FWD platforms of the last 15 years

>the cobalt is the only ff car chevrolet has actually "tried" on
>everything else is utter shit

The cobalt ss turbo was an amazing car

get this
if it's too much money then the RSX type s is the best car in that price bracket.

The Cobalt share 90% of its mechanical parts with the Ion. And what was specific to the SS Turbo bolts right onto the Redline with no modification (shocks, sway bars and brakes. the front springs don't interchange though.)

OP here, I'm looking for non turbo since they require premium fuel. Also does anyone else know any good AWD cars for under 15000 US dollars that fit under what i'm looking for?

Well then why were you looking at the Ion Redline or the RSX Type S? The Ion is supercharged, the RSX isn't and both of them require premium fuel

If you want AWD with good handling and performance, you get a turbo Subaru. But what you're asking for doesn't exist.
Performance cars require premium fuel. Get over it.

I have an Ion Redline. I looked at all the similar cars you did and ended up with the ion. The RSX is the only thing that really competes. Its much more refined but isnt as muscly or have is much cheap power potential plus Ion has suicide doors

SE-R Spec V is a great deal. The problem is if you buy one, I'm willing to bet you'll need to replace the engine sometime soon.

The precat in those cars falls apart and is recirculated into the engine. If you find a good deal, make sure it has an aftermarket header and good compression.

Why not just pick up integra GSR? you'll be brapin off the 8.3k fuel cut all day. With a few suspension mods they handle really nice. I don't know what your budget is but for the under 4k the only other car i'd suggest is a Sentra SER SPEC V if you don't care about fwd/rwd.

OP has had an Integra and knows about them so your point is moot.

Yes but its better then the rest of the cars he listed.
Also DO NOT GET A 07-12 SENTRA THOSE ARE THE WORST ONES THEY MADE if sportiness is your goal.
A 240sx is gonna have been raped at least 4 times a clean one isn't worth the price. Rsx type s is going to grind 5th is whole life.

>but its better then the rest of the cars he listed.
But an Ion Redline, RSX Type S, or FG2/FA5 Civic Si will destroy it.

> grind 5th
No its going to grind 3rd if it's abused

>tfw when you own this car and you've got only a catless downpipe and intake and making 330whp on a stock factory tune

>he doesn't know a saab 9-5 is basically a cobalt with a body kit & engine swap
>he doesn't know that an Ion is basically a cobalt with a body kit & engine swap

>a K-series engine doesn't have much cheap power potential

you fucking wot m8

It's cheaper to extract more power from GM's LSJ and LNF engines then it is to get more power from a K-series, mainly because the LSJ and LNF are boosted.
The Ion Redline's LSJ? Drop a pulley size and tune the ECU. BAM! 250 HP.
There's a reason they were called the next generation Chevy small block.

FA5 is the only answer.