Any insurance people or lawyers out there...

Any insurance people or lawyers out there? I'm going to talk to my insurance and maybe call a lawyer or two tomorrow but I thought it might be interesting to get your guys' take on this.

I was turning left on a green arrow and someone ran a red light and hit me pretty much head on. But.. I kinda gunned it when my light turned green. I hit my head a bit so I don't remember everything but his light was red for maybe 30 sec to a min when he ran it.

I'm just worried that the insurance will find me party liable since I went "fast". Not really fast though, my car is an old, beat up '05 ford focus so not a GTR or anything. Just fast compared to how slowly some people turn left.

Thoughts?

You came to the right place, Veeky Forums is full of teenage lawyers and insurance agents.

If you do anything it's say you were driving normally, which means not accelerating heavily. If anyone disputes this you deny deny deny.

He ran a red-light while you had a green arrow, the other person is at fault user regardless of a "faster than normal left turn".

t. user who was literally in the same position you are in last year.

Have you ever read the fine print on your fucking insurance card?

DO NOT ADMIT FAULT. Shut the fuck up, let your insurance and theirs sort it out.

what kind of car were you driving?

were you going so fast your tires skid?

>t.
what does this mean

[–]Youre_Despicable 26 points 3 months ago
It comes from Finnish memeboards.
Basically, "t." is short for "terveisin" or "terkkuja" which translates to "greetings" or "yours truly". As if ending a letter or a postcard.
So "t. Swaglord" means essentially "Greetings (from) Swaglord."

Totally didn't get this from reddit btw.

93 cherokee, and no I didn't skid my tires, it still shouldn't matter the guy ran a red-light on your green arrow that's not even a mutual fault even if you laid rubber

It means regards for the finnbros, sort of like you're signing something

Hopefully man, I'm just covering my bases.

Hope your wreck wasn't too bad. What state/country if you don't mind me asking?

Even if you DID appear to gun it on a green arrow, the other person is still to blame because they should have technically slowed down and stopped when a yellow light came up (even tho most people floor it on yellow). They'll most likely come out as the guilty party.

You never know tho. When I got rear ended at a red light the motocop said he had a similar situation and both insurance companies found both parties a certain percentage accountable despite being rear ended. When my situation came to a close I got paid out and I paid nothing to the fuck who was probably on his phone not paying attention.

Also if you're still here. Did you take legal action against the red-light runner?

Thanks.

dont say anything.
make no statement.
let the insurance people figure it out.
then once they've answered you you can contest that.

the best way to fuck yourself is to say anything at all. hope to shit you didnt talk to the other driver. exchange insurance information and get the car towed to a mechanic for inspection.

>some faggot at work drove his car to the mechanic after minor fender bender
>broke a coolant hose for the turbos
>turns out not so minor crash
>got the bill for engine rebuild and turbo replacement because he drove it after a collision

faggot faggot no. you say nothing at all.

this

I think you have a different scenario in mind.

His light wasn't green/yellow for 30 seconds to a minute. The last light that /was/ green was on the other "side" of the intersection if that makes sense.

Your light was green, those advance lights have a 2-3 buffer before turning on so everyone knows that their light is red. If he disputes him tell him to eat your dick.

Nebraska, and it wasn't that bad honestly just had to replace the fender headlight and it completely fucked my alignment for a while. Kinda felt bad for the other guy, he completely fucked up the front of his Silverado, grill headlights, everything. Probably costed a fortune for him to fix, keep us updated with what happens OP.

No, I mean I was only 18 at the time I was just happy that my jeep wasn't fucked. Besides him or his insurance paid for the cost of repair, so I was fine with it.

Thanks. Now I guess I see why people turn soooooo slowly at left lights even when they have right of way. What's weird is that me and the guy I got into an accident with has small 4 door sedans yet his was rekt but mine actually looked fine.

>light was red for maybe 30 sec to a min when he ran it.
His fault btw don't say you were going fast go see what the speed limit is on that street and say that...

The speed limit on that street is probably 35 mph.
If I say I was taking off from a light just turning green at 35 mph, I'm royally screwed.

>If I say
You don't say anything. You started turning normally, like the million and one turns everybody does every day, when the other driver ran the light and hit you
You weren't looking at your speedo because you were focusing on the road

this
/thread

Never say anything, let lawyers sort it out.

This goes for other things too, never ever speak even if you're innocent. Get a lawyer and shut up.

nope. you say nothing. crash investigators can determine acceleration and speed. when you go and lie to investigators and their assessment doesnt correlate with your statements then you are fucked. it's why you dont try to make yourself seem "more innocent" because it makes a liar out of you and you get fucked. dont volunteer any information.

100% not your fault.
if insurance said you're partly wrong she's jewing you.