Parents say they'll buy me a car since I landed scholarships

>parents say they'll buy me a car since I landed scholarships
>sweet
>won't buy anything that's a manual in case mom wants to drive it
>every car thay I had picked out is ruled out instantly
>say they will just cash my money on a Chanel purse for mom
Am I just being a baby? What are some fun automatic cars that are around $30k? I was looking at a Volvo S60.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21MihBT2qPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A Chanel purse has a better chance of actually appreciating in value than a shitbox new or used.

You should be thankful you ungrateful piece of shit.

My mom doesn't take care of her purses, or any of her things for that matter.

She has a good $50k in purses she's abused in just the past 2 years alone. Including 2 Chanels which are nearly worthless now.

>50k in purses
ffs lad

Get a fleet of 30 civics

Refuse their offer and buy your own damn car.

Fuck fun and get a Camry. Nothing with an auto box will blow your mind at that price.

>just poorfag things

I already have a car I bought myself, a '92 Civic but my dad won't let me park in the employee parking of work, or let my car be seen at any formal events.

He always pokes fun of me for buying it, and his business partners poke fun of me for driving a shitbox.

Sounds like a bunch of appearance driven new money douches.

Their budget is $40k, but I suggested $30k.

Well, they're all filthy rich investors and business owners.

L E X U S
E
X
U
S

Appearance and money are both real things that people care about, yes. Even if it's not important to you, there are businesses where you deal with superficial people enough that it makes sense to care what they think.

Call your dad a cunt and park there anyway. What's he gonna do, fire you?

Yes, actually.

Not many jobs like this available, much less in the job market in my area. Plus I have great job security, good pay, and benefits.

What model do you suggest? I was looking at the ES 350 or IS 350.

you parents are cunts work for them for one more year then use the experience to get a job anywhere else and never speak to them again

Tell them to pick out the car for you and just drive it to and from work.

I'd get a 3-series, IS or Avalon at that price.

Would you like some salt for that salt, poorfag?

Mommyfag

Well next year I'm going to college full-time, so I won't be able to work. That's why I'm saving up my money like a jew so I don't have to worry about working while I'm in school.

>calling me a poorfag
wat

Thanks, Cpt. Obvious.

Well, it'll be under my name. I'm paying for the insurance, and I'll be on the title.

It's not just a too-and-from work thing, it'll be the car I primarily use for now on. I'll just rice up my Civic in my spare time.

Whoops, the other two posts about of the guy bad-mouthing your parents were who that was meant for.

Watch the movie Christine and man the fuck up like Arnie.

Do you really have great job security if you can lose your job just for parking in the wrong place?

IS400

or buy some fuckhuge
In mint condition and low miles ofc.

That's what I figured, don't worry about it lad.

There aren't many jobs offered for 19-year-olds that pay $60k/yr, benefits included, and as long as I park out back.

what about a subaru?
Well within budget, practical 4 doors, decent auto these days and fast and fun.
Get a wrx if you can but if thats too "sporty" then get a forester xt or legacy GT as they look more normal but are almost as fast.

He could get an STI at his budget but hopefully he's too smart for that.

I'm cutting down on sodium, upper class neet.

If I got an STi, it'd be manual. Which... refer back to the OP. I am considering buying an STi once I'm out of school and possibly have money to spend.

Just get a white IS250.

What about an S60 or V60?

The S60 isn't too bad, you can likely pick up a newer enough Volvo for a decent enough price. I got my 2008 V50 T5 for $7k used, dealership wanted $10k. I said I paid $7500 for the XC70 I was in and wouldn't be interested in the smaller car at a higher price, and it worked. That is sticker prices though, not out the door. The V50 is pretty fun, handles well enough and feels fast enough and is fun enough. If you do go for a Volvo at least try to get the sportier T or R models, and a Volvo might be an easier sell to parents because of safety and all that reputation they have.

How is the XC70? Another parameter I was looking at is comfy. I have a bad back, and it's hard for me to get in and out of cars... but I can manage it. The XC70 being a bit higher looks like it'd be easy to get out of.

Get an automatic 911 and make everyone mad.

D'you want tail or 5 on 1 action?

yes

I'll tell you what to do although you may have already fucked it up. What's PIVOTAL is that you get them to put it in your name. Give them some bullshit about how you want to be responsible for keeping it insured or whatever. Get them to buy the most valuable car you can get outright then immediately trade that motherfucker in and g]et what you want. It can even work if they finance it as long as it's in your name and they made a fat down payment.

Notice that this is almost stealing from your parents and they'll be pissed about it and MIGHT have grounds to take you to court but they'll respect you for it eventually.

How noveau riche; how hasn't your driver quit over the abyssmal working condition of driving a 92 Civic.

Damn, OP's family sound stuck up and rich as shit. Sorry dude, sucks you can't have any fun but at least they'll buy you a new car.

Honda Accord V6 coupe.
>automatic
>paddle shifters
>278hp
>safe
>reliable
>looks sexy

youtube.com/watch?v=21MihBT2qPM

I don't want to be a dick, and I'm still grateful they're buying me a car in the first place. Given the obvious benefits of my parents being wealthy, dealing with their bullshit might pay off in the future.

That said, I just spoke with them and negotiated.

It has to be
>automatic
>around or under $45k
>professional
>I have to pay insurance
>has to be new up to 2 years
In return
>my name is on the title
>it can be sporty, no limit on horsepower or anything as long as the car looks professional
>I get a free fucking car

I'm not gonna take the money and run, I'm getting a free car ffs.

Yeah, I'm just grateful I'm getting a free car.

>looks professional
Proletariat speak for has to be entry level with luxo badge.

Get a semi-automatic 1911 and make everyone dead

Cadillac ATS-V

>I have to pay insurance
Do you know how much insurance is for a young male, especially for fancy cars?
It won't matter since your parents are loaded, but if you want to maintain that end of the bargain you're going to be dipping into the funds you saved up.

Also, your mom is likely to ruin it if she gets keys too.

I already have a Les Baer Monolith I got for my 17th birthday.

I'm fully aware, and it's part of the money I've saved up.

This.
I remember when I bought my first car (with my own money btw) and my dad asked me for a spare key to it. I told him to fuck off.

They said if my insurance quote is too high, they'll add me on to theirs.

Also I'm keeping the keys.

tell them you want a manual since you will be driving it the most wtf, my mom is the only other person in my family who drives stick my dad wont touch it

here i am thinking im a spoiled brat for my parents who bought me a 12k car and almost all of the parts ive put on it, upgraded brakes, all maintenance, coilovers, clutch etc and they make like 200k combined but i do all the work on it myself

Good for you, sport.

You still are a spoiled little shit. Just like Op.

here i was thinking i was spoiled because my parents gave my dad's old clunker who didn't even start.

2k (of my own money) just to get it to start

Nows your chance to hop in a 2010 or earlier AMG. you won't regret it dude.

Get an older G-class.

I don't think you realize how well they hold value
You'd be lucky to get into an early 2000's 500 model for under 40k.

Could you be more jealous?
Calling someone a spoiled little shit isn't gonna change the income discrepancy between his family and yours, sport :^)

Get an F150, quad cab, regular bed.

You'd be lucky, but I've seen them at that price on ebay motors.

I can afford one like that but don't have the balls to pull the trigger. Too much fiscal responsibility, too few cool cars.

>not buying a shell
>not fitting an entire Land Cruiser drivetrain in there

It's comfy enough, I'd recommend a much newer one as some of the older ones in the early 2000's have transmission issues that eventually got remedied, but it's nicer to not have to fix a known issue or try to prevent it. It's comfy enough, pretty good for long road trips. The aircon in the back mine has is pretty comfy, and the ride is good enough (although mine is getting struts replaced, so it has been not as good as before lately). I'd suggest trying one, only warning is if you run into one at a dealer, they can go pretty quick-although any Volvo has pretty good odds of being a thing to jump on then at the dealer as it will likely not be there next visit.

What does this even mean? I'm in the states, so Land Cruisers and their drivetrains don't exactly grow on trees.

Lexus LX, V8 4runners, even Tundras and Seqoias.

>job security
>fired for driving your car

Respect your car more holy shit. Drive with pride

It's called keeping up with appearances, autist. Something you've clearly never had to do. There's a reason some companies provide cars for their employees, especially their representatives. The only difference here is that OP is getting it from his father.

>able to afford $50k in purses
>gets a scholarship anyway

Hmmm

You don't have to be poor to get a scholarship
That's called financial aid.

Op likely just had some solid achievements in school, and his parents are proud of him for that.

Try and get an CLA 45 AMG. Best badge value for money.

Scholarship from the school and the state for grades/academics.

Grants are for poor people, and even then they don't always have to be for poor people.

This.

I'll look into these.

get a dsg vw gti

also lol at people saying respect your car and not your job, go fuck your exhaust pipes faggots

Sounds like you negotiated to a good point

Seconding this. Basically it's a Corvette that looks like a Cadillac. Don't budge on the -V though. The -V is everything.

just get an infiniti...

fucking drive one and realize how stupid you are

>Chanel purse

Tell them to go right ahead and buy your own shitbox with your own earned money or just ride the bus until they cave in because all their swinger friends wonder if they are getting poor because they see they haven't bought you an M3 yet and they get exempt from the bi-weekly orgy because they don't want poor people giving them aids

No, daddy and mommy are insecure upper middle class who want to project appearance of wealth by having sonny drive around an entry level luxury car so their new money friends don't look down on them.

If you want to not be a fag just get an IS 350

it's funish, it fits a family, it's not unreliable, it's good business looking, and if you get an automatic you can still paddleshift.

Mustang eco or v6 or camaro v6

Just get a 2010 Chevy Aveo, it's a nice little automatic. Not meant to be powerful but it doesn't look bad and will get you where you want to go. I've got mine for around 8k and have had it for a couple years now without a problem.

How has nobopdy said a 2nd gen CTS-V sedan? Luxury for the "professional" appearance, 556hp, available in an auto, can be found for under $40K. Even though its more than 2 years old im sure you parents wouldnt care since it fits both of your standards for the car.

Why the fuck does it matter if your mom wants to drive it? It's YOUR car that they're buying for you.

Ask them if they'll buy you something you want for half of that. You could pick up an e46 m3 for that price

I'm sure they would. The whole point of 2 years old or newer is that warranty still exists.

Juat get an IS350 F-Sport or something and call it a day. If you want something a little faster and German, then a lightly used amg cla45.

>She has a good $50k in purses she's abused in just the past 2 years alone. Including 2 Chanels which are nearly worthless now.
>I'm sitting here broke, struggling to pay my way through school and maintain my home and car at the same time while some ignorant bitch is dropping $50k on purses in two years

Save up and buy your own damn car, get something YOU want rather than something that needs to be a compromise.

It's YOUR car, get something that interests YOU.

For 40k you could get something with a DCT, that wouldn't be too bad
Better yet, buy a manual and teach your parents to drive it. That way they'll actually get a useful life skill out of all the money they're wasting on you

>>parents say they'll buy me a car since I landed scholarships
>>every car thay I had picked out is ruled out instantly >say they will just cash my money on a Chanel purse for mom
>cars that are around $30k

I already have a car, but it's a free car. Why pass it up just because I can't get a manual?

Already tried to teach them but their response was "manual isn't as easy to drive as you think."

Mind you, my civic is manual, and it's super fucking easy.

I'm not baiting.

get a classic Jaguar or something then.

If they want flashy, give them some fucking flash.

>manual isn't as easy as you think

Total crock of shit, it takes half an hour tops to get it down.

It's not hard, it just requires patience and practice.

I refuse to believe people have these sort of problems.

You better believe it, user, they cased two recessions.

get one of these
>rare
>fast
>surprisingly cheap for what it is

>iseeyou_meme.jpg
I've seen this same autistic spaz use the same autistic reaction image in no fewer than four threads in one day. Alphonse, you've got your work cut out for you.

Seconded. I just learned manual a few days ago and was driving on 3rd gear-needing (if that makes sense) roads in about 40 minutes.

Stalled out like 8 times attempting to get away from an uphill stop sign though. It was hilariously maddening.

No they didn't. You can heap most of the blame for the recessions on the Fed fucking around with interest rates and government programs that fed the housing bubble until it burst.

"The rich did it" is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard people say when it comes to financial crises.

Oh, are bankers not rich? People overspending caused it all keeping up with the Joneses.

>>rare

nah

Mazda 6