/dbg/ Dragon Ball (XenoVerse) General

Dead Edition

- News -
saiyanisland.com/tag/dragon-ball-xenoverse/

- Steam Group -
steamcommunity.com/groups/vfightersXenoverse

- Bandai Namco Feedback Thread -
forums.bandainamcogames.com/showthread.php?70190-Central-Xenoverse-Feedback-Thread

- Can your PC run Xenoverse -
systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

- Battle Mechanics -
monkeydvegetto.tumblr.com/post/99483429399/dragonball-xenoverse-fighting-mechanics-v2-0

- Informational Videos playlist -
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGTfwcb8YUlBwnUymFmAqJOPfY2o24wJ2

- Recorded PVP Matches -
youtube.com/channel/UCNpmaJ-34eQ8MqrucBXu8ow/videos

- Mentor skill reward list -
pastebin.com/mMHswBcV

- Z-Soul List -
pastebin.com/9YwCHJUs

- Calculator & Database -
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TaDBhTNWCssdzQiXkcOyD6W3CGMoQNUbZ3O4GEx1dbY/edit#gid=1822452669

- Downloadable Calculator -
mediafire.com/download/dto5cg3zh1a5u2j/DBXVCalc.jar

- Race/Weight, Equipment and Transformation stat info -
pastebin.com/i9dJP5N8

- Win conditions and rewards for all Parallel Quests -
gamefaqs.com/boards/805889-dragon-ball-xenoverse/71309439

- FAQ -
>How do we unlock more Create a Character slots?
Beat the game
>If I make a new character do I have to buy new gear/skills for them?
No. You share items and crap between characters.
>I cant beat [x] story quest/parallel quest.
i.imgur.com/UQC7JR9.png
>I just beat Vegeta and see Create a Character NPCs in Toki Toki City. How do I go online?
Exit the game and re-enter. You should be prompted with a "logging into Xenoverse" type message.
>How do I add people to my favorites list?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399945995
>Why didn't the bonus section of this quest trigger?
All quests have a chance to not give you the bonus enemy, even if you fulfilled the requirements for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qJG4org6cGE
youtube.com/watch?v=lS5zTB-zAnA
dboglobal.com/download.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FGtDrdIz5CI&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What does everyone think about XenoVerse 2?

>Dead Edition
It's okay guys if the thread dies we can wish it back to life with the Dragonballs!

It's an incremental edition that'll be around for 2 years and brings some much needed improvements to the Xenoverse formula.

Xenoverse 3 will be the greatest Dragonball game of all time but won't be here until 2018 at the earliest. After it releases people will stop bringing up Budokai Tenkaichi just like how when original Budokai released everyone stopped talking about Dragonball Z Legends.

youtube.com/watch?v=qJG4org6cGE

Xenoverse 2 will be so good that people will stop playing Xenoverse 1 entirely, except to level up XV2 mentors and novel in how broken its transformation system was.

bump

>Xenoverse 3 will be the greatest Dragonball game of all time but won't be here until 2018 at the earliest. After it releases people will stop bringing up Budokai Tenkaichi
HAHAHAHA. Holy shit, thanks for the laugh.

Ironic shitposting is so fucking funny these days.

Haha, on a serious note though, this will never be the case.

>Xenoverse 3 will be the greatest Dragonball game of all time
>After it releases people will stop bringing up Budokai Tenkaichi
Maximum Kek!

>Haha, on a serious note though, this will never be the case.
I'm going to have to disagree but you're welcome to think that.

It's just too shortsighted to think that Tenkaichi will still be relevant in 2020. By then it'll be 13 years old. You never hear people bring up Butoden even though at one point they were the best games in the series.

>It's just too shortsighted to think that Tenkaichi will still be relevant in 2020
Pokemon Go(Generation 1)
NES mini/classic(Super Mario Bros. 1)

Yeah, certain things don't rely on time, my nigga. BT3 is, to this day, one of the best DBZ games made, and it's going to stay that way until the Xenoverse series dies out.

XV has no redeeming qualities. Seriously, give me a list of things that put it above:
>The Budokai Series
>The Tenkaichi Series
>The Raging Blast Series

It only has 1 thing going for it, literally only 1 thing, and that's CaC, which is stupid in itself.

CaC's alone make XV better than every single DB game come before it.

Bullshit, going by that logic, Ultimate Tenkaichi would be top 3, and Dragon Ball Online would be right up there as well.

If CaC is more important to you than
>A proper story mode
>Fun side modes
>Online PVP
>Offline PVE
>Local splitscreen
>Combat mechanics
>Graphics(art, design, models, cell shading, everything)
>Voice acting
Then you are a faggot who shouldn't be playing DBZ games; which is another problem. XV is not a DBZ game, it's some random jrpg game with a DBZ skin.

>Not appreciating the fact that when Xenoverse 2 comes out, your old self insert will be part of Dragon Ball canon

in XenoVerse 2 when you transfer over your XenoVerse 1 character you get only the moves they have equipped I think

your new character doesn't get moves or skills only money for all the stuff you got in the first game
the imported character will keep his clothes and skills
you probably unlock him once you finish the story mode

youtube.com/watch?v=lS5zTB-zAnA
Wait so you guys hate xenoverse? I loveTenkaichi 3 but the move sets are ten times better and xenoverse 2 is looking great. one question but you guys think we will get the best movie character?

We fucking better, time for the dead zone.

honestly XenoVerse combat sucks because the combos aren't as good as they were in tenkaichi 3

i like it despite it having tons of flaws
from the looks of it they are fixing many things with the sequel

How could Lord Slug be in 2 but not Garlic Jr?

the combos actually look amazing in 2. have you even seen the trailers. I'm actually gonna buy 2, I waited for at least 2 before I buy it because thats when it gets refined.
How do we know hes not in? I mean it was the first movie. I'm sure hes in.

he is probably in along with more movie villains
they haven't released the whole character list yet

the mobility is great
too bad the combat isn't as deep as BT2

exactly what I mean, I hope we can change fighting styles in XenoVerse 2

You know I hope by 3 we can just create custom forms of 2nd and 3rd for frieza's race. along with them adding super buu for their races.
humans can just have the choice to go bionic or android and nameks can have giant form and then super.
We need fucking apes too, and instant transformation.
really do we have to wait for 3 for all this shit like always.

i doubt it
we can at least change ki blast
maybe in XV3

What you can now beat people up right after a beam attack now, right back into combo-ing, im sure ten3 didn't do this cant remember.
It looks faster too and has side stepping like 3 had. every character seems to have thier exact fighting style from the show in good detail, look at the turles trailer then watch the movie.

someone needs to make a side by side comparison video

ten3 was amazing but it didn't have characters fighting with this much detail, they did turles spot on. plus we have way more content move wise, xenoverse 1 didn't have anything on ten3 but 2 might. I might boot up ten3 on my ps2 just to see the differences.

>>Not appreciating the fact that when Xenoverse 2 comes out, your old self insert will be part of Dragon Ball canon
>Being a self insertfag
>Xenoverse being canon
Fantastic.

>Wait so you guys hate xenoverse?
What is there to like aside from shitty CaC? The cheesy story mode? The grindfest side missions? The sorry excuse for DBZ combat?

It looks really fun, idk what to tell you.

The detail barely matters when everything is played out for you. RB2 handled it the best. IT captured an in-depth combat system as well as having the character match their attack style from the show. In fact, BT3 matched the show relatively well.

What do you even mean played out for you.

You guys didn't even get your hands on the game, we don't even know shit about how it plays besides a few trailers that actually show combo and fluid gameplay.

Xenoverse 1 is out user

The combos do themselves. Just press [][][][][]/\/\/\, and mix that up, that's all there is to it. There's no chaining attacks to make new combos, it's literally just you using a different string each time. Which is not how it was in BT3.

My nigga, it's literally exactly the same as XV1 but with one added combo string and stamina breaking without interruption. Oh wow, it has side vanishing and burst dashes, fantastic, now explain how that changes the game from what it was like previously.

I'll even go into some detail as to what exactly is different about the combos:

Xenoverse Combos:
>[]/\/\
>[][]/\/\
>[][][]/\/\
>[][][][]/\/\
>[][][][][]/\/\
>[][][][][][]/\/\/\
>/\/\/\/\/\
>/\[][][][]
>/\[]/\[]/\

Those are literally all the combo strings in Xenoverse. There is no variation. Stopping mid string leaves you at a disadvantage unless you Kamehameha cancel into a jump attack and repeat. That's all there is to it.

Tenkaichi combos:
>90% of attacks(ki,physical,heavy,smash) chain into others, so you can do this:
>[][][][][]/\/\
As the most basic attack, or you can make it more technical and do this:
>[][][][][]X[][][][]↓/\[]/\[][][]←[ ][][][]↓[ ][][][]/\[][][][]/\
And that isn't even an advanced combo on Tenkaichi 3. That's literal meme tier to what you can manage.

I missing spinning people around and tripping them. Ultra Trunks was so good at that shit in Tenkaichi 2, I was sad to see him nerfed in 3.

Sad how the most advanced Xenoverse combos are literally just taking different string together and chaining it into an infinite combo.

Tenkaichi you make your own combos.

What's the verdict on DBO? Was it good enough to try to bring it back?

It's kinda fun. Have you tried it? I'd recommend every DB fan try it out to see if they can stand it. It's pretty much an MMO with a DBZ skin.

I should get back on it, haven't played in a few weeks.

For anyone wanting to try it out
dboglobal.com/download.html
There's also an English patch you should download, it translates 90% of the quests from lvls 1-25ish, may be more, I haven't played in a while.

>>[][][][][]X[][][][]↓/\[]/\[][][]←[ ][][][]↓[ ][][][]/\[][][][]/\
You can do similar things on Raging Blast.
But I won't even go into it. I can't imagine trying to type that out, especially considering you can cancel moves.

What does everyone want to see in XenoVerse 2? I want to see the frieza race getting multiple forms, and the majins to go to super buu

I want to see worthy combat.

I want to see all the flashy new moves, maybe complete the roster of funkalicious.

also do we get more accessory slots because god damn, I wanted to wear both hercule wig and King Kai glasses

youtube.com/watch?v=FGtDrdIz5CI&feature=youtu.be
You can't do this in Xenoverse. This is just a combination of things that makes Tenkaichi combat better. The vanishing takes more than just you spamming the block botton or whatever button it is in Xenoverse.

Custom ki blasts are in 2. Keep up.

>I doubt it

>we CAN change ki blasts though

>maybe custom/changeable fighting styles in xv3

there you go you big baby now you can reply to his post in a proper manner.

>i dont know how xenoverse works but let me post a video of basic melee shit in tenkaichi that clearly proves i am the winner in this arguement.
(You)

Thanks for clarifying, retard.

>I suck at Tenkaichi, pressing 1 button to vanish a combo whenever I want takes more skill than timing it and knowing which vanish points react for certain attacks
Congratulations on not knowing anything about any good DB game.

Sad how that video showcases basic melee yet is still infinitely more in-depth than Xenoverse.

butthurt xenofag detected. The video clearly shows why the combat in BT3 is superior to XV. Did you even watch the video? I'm 90% sure the intention was to showcase the vanishing, which is nothing like it is in Xenoverse, in fact, what's shown in the video actually takes some skill unlike max stamina + Kaioken*20 builds in XV1.

What would his Z-Soul be?

The same as it was on Tenkaichi 3.

i'm glad this tread is back, be it dead or not

same, it's been dead for like a month or 2

ded

I'm a little impatient for Xenoverse 2, even though i know it's right around the corner.
I've gone to keeping myself occupied with dokkan battle.

Isn't most DLC made during a game's dev cycle, meaning we won't get Super DLC?

>Dokkan battle
do you have any good ssrs?
I got gogeta and that new agl gohan

Bamco has already said that they're supporting the game well after the launch, so even if super dlc isn't first, it will happen.

I need character ideas for Xenoverse, I can't decide on anything outside of my current three dudes.
>Namekian kid striker
>Friezaman with nothing but poses
>Grumpy old Saiyan with finger-themed ki moves

Have you tried...

a sexy lady?

either that or 0/10 bad cosplays ironically

>a sexy lady?
I'm far too autistic to do just that.
I get as far as "She should wear Videl's spats" and then the whole planning stage falls apart.
>either that or 0/10 bad cosplays ironically
I was thinking I should do the Goku from one of the DBZ tabletop games I was in.
He was raised by Roshi instead of Gohan, so he was a huge pervert who never reached his full potential but had a shitton of kids, hence why there so many half saiyans were running around.
I was thinking I'd give him Hercule's top since it's very Hefner.

>page10

What is this? a private server version? is it translated?

Was that the worst movie ever? who fucking thought of that shit.

We need to get more of the posters from /v/ aware that /dbg/ is back and have a celebratory pose-off. ESPECIALLY since XV is so cheap right now.

>tfw can't afford the bundle and have only been able to play on a torrented version

>can't afford $20
??? Fucking how

ass-end of the month, existential minimum, you name it.

and just because fuck me even more, no money until the 26th.

this is the perfect plan

I dunno about region locks, or if there are any, but...

Oh well shit.

If any rus-bro wants to hook me up, I can match the price with an over-abundance of unused keys.

No hype for Fusions?

beep beep?

Only if they bring back budokai 2 ones.

What am I supposed to do in Xenoverse now that I've unlocked potential?

Thread is dead, go find the dragon balls.

Grind levels and try to unlock more shit for a bigger bonus in XV2.

Wait. Xenoverse 2 is out already?

no, it comes out October 25th in the United States
October 28th for everywhere else

Tiencha's already been confirmed and Gokule's been rumored to appear

maybe we should focus on Dokkan Battle until XV2 is out

anyone else hype for super vegito on Dokkan battle

Or just not make the fucking general before there's anything to actually discuss.

Just a thought.

I did not make the fucking thread. Just a suggestion as very few people actually play XV1 so why the fuck would the OP be centered around it.

just make the general into dragonball general
not xenoverse only, for discussion of all dragonball games

What are the odds that we can make an android or bio-android character?

for XV2? not very high
though there are perfec cell costume pieces

Gameplay-wise, none, but there was a Cell costume shown in one of the magazines.

Androids are easy, equip a drain skill and pick an android to base yourself on. Hell, since 16's been confirmed, you might be able to have Rocket Punch and Hell's Flash.

Bio Androids depend on whether you can colour the Perfect Cell Costume.

it's not only XenoVerse hence why I put (XenoVerse)

well it doesn't need to be in the subject, otherwise you'll get people mistaking it for a xenoverse only general
just Dragon Ball General will do

Next time don't make the entire OP about XV, especially not XV1 when there's loads of news about 2 and Fusions coming out.

That's sad. I wanted an SSGSS Golden Cell.

theres always xenoverse 3

I hope for Xenoverse 3 we can create custom transformations for our characters, including recolors
Could literally just imitate every single transformation available in the series.

>Get invited to a team on my gimmick character with nothing but poses
I'm so sorry, Timebend.

Anyone on Steam able to help me unlock SSJ2? Pretty new to the game, and I can't get people to do the quest the right way to unlock it.

finish the main game and you can buy it at the store

What's yer name?
I've got nothing to do, you can add Justice any time.