Anyone else here poor? I only have 70$ left after paying rent and utilities and I work 70 hours a week

Anyone else here poor? I only have 70$ left after paying rent and utilities and I work 70 hours a week

I basically only have enough money left for eggs, rice and beans each month

Why?

Because everything in ontario is extremely expensive.......... if I would have known I'd be working my whole life away just to live I would have killed myself when I was 15

I'm poor. I earn £14k a year. I've managed to save up £7k in just under a year. I currently rent. I'm saving more than people I know. Just live within your means. You've got two choices; get a better paying job or move to a cheaper place.

Lol, poor people. I make 70k and I just started out of college.

What do you buy for food? I'm broke all the time

It sucks, working all day doing back breaking labor work for nothing is hell

I'm vegetarian; I just buy vegetables and make curries and stuff. I never buy takeaways, you cna always make more food that is better and cheaper

You are shit with money if you work 70h a week and live pay check to pay check.

I make 30k/year CAD and am able to save and invest almost half that.

budget your money, cut down on your expenses. How much do you pay for rent? Find somewhere cheaper. How much do you spend on video games? Stop spending so much. It's really quite simple.

Rent is 1300 but I have to pay utilities which is another 200 a month, I don't drive because that's way too expensive and I don't eat out or go out or pay for anything other than necessities

1. what is your hourly wage
2. what is your rent
3. what is your utilities

Move somewhere cheaper, get roommates, etc. You're paying way too much for what you can afford.

I'm currently living in a basement apartment by myself for $700/month all included in Calgary, one of the most expensive cities to rent in Canada.

I don't know what your living situation is but there is absolutely room for improvement. Imagine having an extra $800 a month just from switching living situations.

I am poor but I save half of income.
I make 5 bucks/hour ,whitch is average wage median in my country.

Live like a slav bro.

Live with parents.
Drive shitbox.
Homebrew.

studying commerce/property full time, work for network dev/install company, Sydney's so god damn expensive though,after rent and utilities have $80 - $120, that's not too bad for food but not much room to work with, credit cards maxed out

No wonder you have no money, 1300, christ! Mine is 900 and I have all utilities except electric paid for. Heat and oven are gas.

How much is your weekly salary? Where do you live? I pay 1200 + hydro to be literally on Danforth. It takes me about 1 minute to get on the subway from my front door

Monthly I make 1650

Where do you live? 1300 rent is very unreasonable on your salary. Get a roommate or move back home

Tweed ontario

That's pretty much middle of nowhere

What? There's 6000 people here, I used to live in hornpayne ontario which is actually middle of nowhere

That's still middle of nowhere

Not really there's people everywhere

Youre nowhere close to any metro area, let alone the 401. It's the middle of nowhere.

Why would anyone want to live in a big city? It's way too busy and loud

Why would want to live in the middle of nowhere? There's literally nothing to do (other than sniffing glue I guess) and no jobs

Ride dirt bikes and have bon fires and go swimming, drink beer etc there's way more to do in the country than in the city

I can do the exact same shit in the city while still living and working making more money, advancing my career than I ever would in a dead end middle of nowhere town

>work 70 hours a week
>hurr durr poorfag stop being lazy

No you can't you can't do shit in the city

Er yes I can.

Something doesn't add up with your story. If you work just 40 hours a week, you will gross about $1,800 in a month since the minimum wage in Ontario is $11.25. If you're working 70 hours per week every week, you'll gross over $3,150 per week.

But even beyond the wage discrepancies, what is in Tweed, Ontario that justifies $1,300/month for rent? I find it very difficult to believe you could not find decent housing for under $1,000/month.

Gross isn't net. Also if he's working at a restaurant as a waiter, he's making less than minimum, I don't remember what waiters wages are under the ESA