If the USA was teleported back to antiquity would it collapse much like Rome did due to its sheer size...

If the USA was teleported back to antiquity would it collapse much like Rome did due to its sheer size? Would successor states seek to emulate it? Would the nation divide between east and west and the center of power shift from D.C to some other city? Stupid question, I know, but it has been bugging me and I need to hear your guys' opinion on it.
Pic semi-related

Who the fuck knows

Rome wasn't divided due to size, it was divided so more emperors could take turns ruling, instead of fighting and killing each other.

great reply 10/10

Would this happen in this hypothetical situation with tensions heating up between political parties enough so that one of them will kill the other and have the situation spiral out of control.

Those borders look sexy as fuck, but incomplete. You need to finish of Austria and Tirol then take egypt to look perfect

That wasn't a recent picture this is the last one I took before I ended my playthrough

they would be pretty fucked with no imports

Who did you start as?

France, had to combat a huge coalition for most of the game until I moved onto the Ottomans

>world full of resources to exploit held by primitives who don't even know about gunpowder
>collapse
Walk me through this logic, senpai.

Unlikely. Rome's collapse was more to do with its political institutions than pure geographic size: A quasi-military state with loose oversight over the military is inherently unstable.

The U.S., even if it was magically transported back in time, has a very different setup, with a civilian government firmly in control, not much of a standing army, and government apparatuses run by a professional bureaucracy, which can easily be replaced because of widespread literacy.

Would there be problems? Certainly. Would you see a rise in regionalism? Almost certainly. Would it be another Rome in the western hemisphere? Probably not.

Is there any way to play EU4 in a less tedious manner? I played as Portugal my first game and things were going more or less well but I just stopped because I lost interest.

>moving that far into the sahara
>moving that far into arabia

Ruined it tbqh

They obviously only have the technology of antiquity.

MEIOU and Taxes

you need a decent PC tho

Those are wasteland provinces that you cant colonize or take over, but to make borders look better, Paradox decided that if you have over half the provinces around a wasteland province, that province becomes your color

Then in what way
would it be the US of A?

They would rule the fucking world because they would be so far ahead of everyone in terms of technology that it would seem like incomprehensible magic to the rest of the primitive world.

I can't wrap my head around this either. They could simply get all the ressources by handing out some worthless junk for excavation rights. Remember that oil etc. back then was easier to exploit. They would be free to do whatever they please.

What mod? The text looks cool.

How many times does it have to be said, their technology was the technology of the time they were placed in, late B.C early A.D. They aren't going to have humvees or machine guns waiting to chop down natives. They would have spears, pikes, ballistas, catapults, etc

Theater of the World mod
or
Theatrvm Orbis Terrarvm

Just because it is less technologically advanced doesn't mean it isn't the USA. Was 1700s USA not the USA because it doesn't have technology from 2016

Why? If the USA was teleported back in time, why wouldn't they take with them their land, their resources on that land, and their accumulated knowledge and technical skill? Or is the question more about if there existed some empire the size of the United States in the same territorial region as the United States at the time of Rome, and how long it would last?

1700s USA was still technologically leaps and bounds ahead of Rome. Any further back and there is no USA.

Maybe "teleported" was not the best choice of words. What if the USA and all its political institutions was formed at its present borders during antiquity

I'm so confused by this thread

Its political institutions are also a form of technology, but in short the nation wouldn't hold together as well because of travel distance between the the two coasts and the remote position of the great plains. Even the east coast might split up between the Ohio-Mississippi valley and the Atlantic states if first century galleys don't do well on the Atlantic ocean.

This scenario is making less and less sense. With what people? Institutions from what exact period? Also America's borders changed a lot. And what exact time are we talking about "teleporting" the """USA""" to?

what is there to be confused about?

>Its political institutions are also a form of technology
How so?

> With what people?
The 300 million people in the usa right now. Might need to be scaled down as to not have widesprea famine

> Institutions from what exact period
The present...

> Also America's borders changed a lot.
Well I am referring to the borders it has now (military bases not included)

>And what exact time are we talking about "teleporting" the """USA""" to?
The time of the Western Roman Empire so 27 BC- 476 AD

So everyone in America today gets teleported to the year 250 CE butt naked?

This is a shit scenario, senpai.

U.S. institutions are the result of centuries of legal thought and philosophy since the fall of Rome. Our tax code alone would dwarf Roman law and bureaucracy by several degrees.

Also, if you're transporting 300 million Americans from the present, they're bringing their years of education with them. You might for some reason or another say they can't bring their toys with them, but in a few decades enough people would reinvent and reconstruct he country as to resemble 1700s America at the very worst.

It seems to me that a lot of people can't get it through their head that technology is in the heads of humans. The same thing comes up in TEOTWAKI threads. A lot of people act like killing off a significant portion of humanity wouldn't negatively impact the technological state of humanity. Maybe it's just a common thing among people without degrees?

What is we were to assume that no one remembers what they have learned of the technology of our day, but instead hold what would have been considered true at the time as knowledge in scientific fields

No their clothes, houses, cars, etc change to what would have been available then. Cars would become horses/carriages. Phones would become memo pads, etc

What would a computer be?

ITT: OP phrases a scenario poorly, Veeky Forums takes it literally and the thread devolves into pure autism.

Its honestly making me cringe gong through this thread right now.

this