Hey all, I want to upgrade the dash of my 2010 Honda Crosstour. I have no clue how to go about it...

Hey all, I want to upgrade the dash of my 2010 Honda Crosstour. I have no clue how to go about it. I've seen installation kits to put a double din in the middle section below the stock Nav, but then I'd have two Navs? Could I just switch out the stock nav for a newer double din with a touch screen (although it'd be quite a reach) or should I put it in the middle, and would I be sacrificing other utilities to put in in there? Here's the install kit I've been considering. I just don't want two Navs, I think that looks stupid..

bestbuy.com/site/metra-installation-kit-for-2008-2012-honda-accord-and-crosstour-vehicles-with-navigation-taupe/9616515.p?id=1219424300781&skuId=9616515

tldr; how to pimp my crosstour dash, pls post links, the cheaper, the better

>pic related, stock interior

Drive it into a wall

/thread

Because I like it but don't want an outdated nav

get cancer

Fucking live with it and use your phone. Integrated navigation is shit to use anyway.

well I'd like something with bluetooth

Aux is better.

>muh 320kbps & Flac files XDDDD

Having a stupid cord in the way while driving is NOT better.

I enjoy being able to get in my car, not even having to take my phone out of my pocket, hit "Play" and bam, my music plays.

OP here, I agree with this. I'd like to put in a second screen with maybe a dvd player, and change the functionality or do something with the factory nav. I just have no idea what to do and don't want to get rooked.

>muh entitlement
>I'm so important I don't have time to plug in a cable

YOU HAVE A 2010 CROSSTOUR

THE SECOND YOU GOT IT, YOU FAILED user

YOU CAN NOT OPEN UP, MODIFY, UPGRADE ANYTHING

IT'S A MODERN CAR NOT DESIGNED TO BE OPENED UP BY THE CONSUMER

YOU TAKE IT TO THE DEALER AND GET RAPED WITH CHARGES

YOU WANNA SELL IT LATER? SAY GOODBYE TO THAT IF YOU MODIFY IT

YOU BOUGHT A TOOL, A MACHINE, DESIGNED TO FERRY YOUR FAT ASS AND YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL AND SOCCER PRACTICE.

IT IS DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED LIKE AN APPLIANCE, AND BE TREATED AS SUCH

I REPEAT, YOU MOD IT, YOU RUIN THE RESALE VALUE

WHO IS IN THE MARKET FOR A USED CROSSTOUR? MOM'S. MOM'S WON'T BUT YOUR CUSTOM SHIT.

YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED

I'm not looking to sell it until it doesn't drive anymore and at the point the only person who wants it is the junkyard.

now that im done talking to this stupid asshole, I'm also thinking about putting subs in it

Doing anything at all, like adding subs, to a crosstour

Entertain us user. How did you get this vehicle? You can be honest. It's okay.

Kill yourself.

this. go back to studing user. it's finals

I have Bluetooth and don't even use it. I'll admit it's more convenient, but it wastes SO MUCH battery. I go through like 1 percent per minute with Bluetooth on and Waze open

OP bought into the Jew tricks of LCD screens in cars.

>Buy a boring car
>spice it up with an already outdated laggy touch screen.

THIS IS THE POST MOST INDICATIVE OF WHAT Veeky Forums HAS BECOME

This. I have a 2010 crosstour and know that 2009's and later hondas might still be covered under warranty (there are several) that might help you replace or upgrade creature comforts like sat nav. But it'll be under the original owner of the car, so are you on the title or the registered owner?

>I go through like 1 percent per minute
This is how I know you don't own a car with bluetooth.

It'll probably cost you a couple thousand after parts and install if you don't know how to install a deck and subs wiring is pretty extensive and steering wheel kits need to be bought so you can use your steering wheel controls still. It's an expensive process if you're gonna pay someone else to do it. You can probably get some different faceplate if you look on Google to retain your original look or you might have to go custom route. Either way you're in for spending quite a heavy chunk of change to get a little convenience and nicer sound.
On something that new if you've never installed a system of any sort don't do it yourself and definitely don't let your friend who says they've done it a million times convince you to let them show you how. Learned that the hard way on a shit box way back when

I got it at the dealer? Traded in my car and got it.

I bought it used, so it's being financed right now, but am the primary owner.

Yeah, when I get things done, I HAVE to have someone to blame, that's usually insured. I'd never let my "friend mechanic" do anything risky

Okay this helps, what did you trade in for the crosstour?

What kind of cuck are you? It's a boring crossover. Who willingly buys a crossover? Are you a woman?

my 2011 shitty ford fiesta, the crosstour is a year older, but a million times nicer and more ammenities

it's sporty, and I've been wanting something other than a coupe like i've always had, and something that's not pickup

It's not sporty at all. It's quickish in a straight line but it doesnt handle and the brakes might have a couple high speed stops in them before they fade.

It's past manufacturer's warranty, but I bought the Ford Extended Service highest one, and a common problem I read, which mine has, is that the 6 cd changer breaks super easy, which, I don't listen to CDs, but to my OCD, it's worth paying 100 for my car to not flash "Mech Error" every time I turn it on, so I might get that replaced...wondering if I can do the same thing with the Nav? I see online u can buy updated maps for like $100 online, but I want updated hardware for a nicer looking nav, than just updating the road...the nav in it looks like an early nav if that makes sense

for a crossover, it's pretty sexy. again, more-so than my old Fiesta..and yeah the brakes in the back are small, but so what? I like the car. shit on it all u want, but I love it.It's good for road trips, fits all my friends, and has all the amennities that my old car didn't

>2011 ford fiesta

Those aren't bad user, but I get ya. How did you get the fiesta? Personally I would've kept it but I know some people want more space

It's a comfy and way better than a non St fiesta. I'll give you that

I had good enough credit to buy it brand new... it got me 90k miles through a deliver job and school in another city...but it was the constant recalls that drove me batshit crazy...every other month I'd get a letter in the mail for a recall on it, and scheduling a time for the dealer to keep it was also a nightmare, because the rental place next door never had any extra cars. It was the biggest headache ever. the power shift engine advertised as full automatic is bullshit.

yeah I know it's no lexus or anything, but I've never had a vehicle with 4wd, nav, moon roof, giant trunk, leather seats, heated seats, etc. I just wanted to give myself a graduation gift, so I was thinking of upgrading it in some way... I know it already has a subwoofer, but I wouldn't mind a couple low-profile 8 inch subs under driver and passenger seat at the very least

why? that dash already has everything you could possibly need.

I know I just want to make it cooler in some way, I'm thinking a couple low profile subs under front seats

Not worth it. Keep it stock and get a cool project car if you want to be cool.

I would try to find find a reputable audio place near your house. Best buy can do the work but they normally sell not as good equipment and their work can be shoddy. Find a reputable store even ask the dealer where you bought your vehicle where they get their audio work done and see if they can maybe get a discount for you. I used to work for a dealer and we had a place that did our audio. Be clear on what you want and don't let them up sell you. Pick a price and stick to it otherwise you'll end up spending way more than you need to.

But overall; find a shop and talk to them. Veeky Forums won't give you any advice cause most here have never done more than an oil change and those who have done work on their vehicles especially in the audio department probably won't be much help as you've seen in your thread

Do it for yourself or don't do it at all. Sell it and but an frs and brag about how modified ones are great race races like the other 20 30 something year old boring office workers. Throw some cheap wheels suspension parts and plastidip everything like everyone else who owns one