/gsg/ - Grand Strategy GeneraI

We don't have an official steam or discord group.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 23rd:
1829 – William Austin Burt was awarded a patent for the typographer, the first practical typewriting machine.
1840 – The Province of Canada is created by the Act of Union.
1914 – Austria-Hungary presented Serbia with an ultimatum to allow them to investigate the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, that Serbia would ultimately reject, leading to World War I.
1992 – Abkhazia declares independence from Georgia.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.3 - 22/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

wiluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

>20 memes early

not this shit again

I had a reply I wanted to make to somebody and now there's gonna be thread wars for the next fucking hour

nggers

You're In the Middle East and this guy comes up and slaps your Caliph's ass.

What do you do?

Give me ONE [1] good reason as to why Germans shouldn't rule everything in the world.

Rate my morrocum+plans to be grobber

What do you guys think of my worldmap?

P.S. Sorry for being bad at uncivs, I couldn't even break into Secondary Power

P.P.S. Holy shit there were so many communists in Africa that released uncivs from GP colonies. Why the fuck do Shona, Matabele and Kazembe have to exist?

just repeat the words and the monsters will leave you alone.

REPORT AND IGNORE REPORT AND IGNORE

WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC WHERE'S THE INFOPIC

>Not taking Corsica
why lad?
You should also incorporate your Moorish brethren, the Portugese.

>You don't have to give up your occupation zone in NWO

>taking the time to label every nation on the map
This is actually pretty cool to look at, I wish more people posted their games like this. As for the actual world, you could have done a lot better job policing Africa. Willy just memed the whole continent up, and your own borders are pretty ugly. Independent Indonesia is cool though, and I like the kaiserreich-style dual italies.

Too much in Spain, plus Sardinia looks out of place.
Get a comfy border with Spain by changeownering some provinces back to them after you take each state and try to get both as many Maghrebi in there and as many Spaniards out of there.

wew, it'll be ok lads mommies here

Yeah. I couldn't keep my army large enough to deal with any of the Great powers, unfortunately. I did my best to eat up parts of Italian Congo and as much of the Netherland's Colonies as I could after they got Empire Broken.

Also, yeah. Germany won the Great War with the UK and France and now the whole world is like a slightly different Kaiserreich with Fascists instead of Syndies.

Cambodia has a commierevolt so I ended up going for their shit, rubber secured.

Better?

>STELLARIS
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Why the fuck did they make the Kuomitang blurple when India itself is purple?

The budget is actually pretty redpilled, since the poor people lacking in their needs will increase colonial migration.

They are the true heirs to the Byzantine Empire

somebody should do a NWO AAR

Perfect

somebody should do a /gsg/ AAR

somebody should do a [s4s] AAR

Everything in Asia is blurple man. I wish you could change the RBG value of your nation ingame.

I really, really like this image. Not even in the meme way, I just think it's really nice.

Question: is it "cheating" if I changeowner these French colonies to sudan/darfur/etc? They've been occupied for over a decade now, and I doubt the AI will every send any troops to help them.

>Swedish Africa

What font did you use lad

I used my own handwriting with a tablet, lad.

Question: is it "meming" if I forget my image?

R&I and Talex BTFO. No more infopic autism, the revolution starts NOW.

We did it lads!!!

Also helps demote artisans. I don't understand why people are so mad about this budget, all income to max and all expenditures to max is pretty normal and not bad. Just decrease admin once you're at 100%, and decrease tax/tariff if you get such good efficiency that your effective is over ~50%.

All usage of console is by definition cheating, even if you only use it to changeowner your own provinces away to your mortal enemies

>tfw you dismantle the British empire in a giant multiple month long battle

Fuck off back to /tesg/ unHPM

This post was brought to you by me.

Burn down the Big Ben before you sign the peace

>Irish
>Free
>State

I've adjusted my budget
but it doesn't look like anybody is any better or worse off, I'm just making less money now

I did, the British have been utterly destroyed and moved down into the 4th place, the only reason they're still relevant is because of their massive industrial score

Really though
>Doesn't even play gsg
>Comes here to meme

You lads realize in a few posts r&i will just make another thread and even if this one doesn't get deleted everyone will flock to post in the other one right.

That's what's happened every time in the past

That looks like a new account desu

t. blobbing pro into Yunnan
China's industry is getting too fat so Ivan and I are helping ourselves to some of it

1.35 billion pops atm

changeowner yourself to britain

ohhh my genocidefeelsgood

>tfw you fall for the laissez-faire meme
I've given them plenty of time to recover and they keep fucking up. 5% taxes on the rich, loans taken and keep encouraging craftsmen/clerks depending on what the state needs as well as around 0.2% capitalists in all small states and up to 0.8% in the big states. What the fuck do I do now?

become the islamic republic of iran

Literally only nations that can do LF:
>USA
>Prussia
>UK
>Maybe France

Tariffs are also important, keep them in negative

fuck you for doing this tbhh

>Paying your people to buy foreign countries' goods
I never understood why this logic ever existed, let alone how it is a good idea on any level

How far are you going to culture blob?

Nice
maybe they can form the arab union and I can form maghreb
likely though they'll just get colonized

Why are you letting Kurds exist but genocide Europeans? First fix the actual problem in the homeland lad

>War's been going on for eight years now
>keep losing battles, winning only a few
>have to use the terrain of Eran to my advantage
>Won two sieges of Bagdhad, the muzzies having taken them back both times
>vultures declare minor wars against me
>these Buddhist Pashto Taliban-tier faggots decide to attack me in the mountains

fuck you Buddha, your encroachment ends HERE

>Egyptian Ottoman Empire
really makes you think

unfortunately that means any other person living in egypt can move there now, and the levant is getting niggerized

Hey /gsg/

Is it "cool" to smoke weed ???

time to fuck up the Mohammedians now

Kurds are based Aryans

Kurds are honorary Merchants*

How you want your Europe senpai?

I got 49 transport planes in Vlaandern, my Paratrooper Divisions weigh in at 1.4...whenever I assign them the paradrop mission and I select the province, it tells me I have 0 transports there. I doesn't matter if the transports there are assigned to no region. The region where I want to paradrop, or the region of the airfield.
I tried restarting the game, nothing works, what can I do (when I tried naval invasion England quickly bombed my transports)?

We /Huguenot/ now

What should I name my colonial Canada, Haiti, and Argentina?

Louisiana's colonial name is obvious.

Germany taking Russian Benis like a champ

>Ireland is free
It's trash

Canada is Canada, the name derives itself from the Laurentian Iroqouis word for 'settlement' (Kanata).

Jacques Cartier, the explorer who colonized Canada, was a suspected Huguenot.

Wait what

Frogistan

Acadia/Acadie

>tfw you dismantle your enemies empire and steal way too much shit and feel disgusted with yourself

>center of Reformation is in Bourbon
kek

Also, Reformed itself popped up in already protestant Denmark.

You can see Yorubas in the main piechart in every single province of mainland UK but London now. Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton, Glasgow, Belfast, you name it.

They tried and failed

What the fuck happened? Is r&i dead?
How is the nanny allowing this?

ebin win soft the steamgrüppe

"World" War I (not actually a great war since Spain isn't a GP) has started over my Spanish aggrandizement plans.

Proper thread

Wait, is that free Egypt? If so why didn't you conquer them already?

Also how the hell is that free Egypt? Their capital is in the state controlled by French, right? But I'm sure that's Egypt's color

Oyinbo Devils deserve it desu

>seconds later
>peace is made
>my original wargoal was brushed aside in favor of fucking dismantling fortifications
Fucking epic, I'm going to changeowner, fuck this game.

>He's still trying to force the autismal OP on us

They're my puppet, I released them after I got a few Egyptian colony states from some past wars. user in an earlier thread told me that having Egypt as Morocco is disgusting blobbing, so I released them.

>having Egypt as Morocco is disgusting blobbing
Weren't you trying to unite all of fucking Africa as Morocco?

It is tho, you did the right thing.

You need to research efficiency techs and sphere some shitty uncivs.

When it's easier to build clipper transports than irregulars for uncivs you know there's a problem

>tfw I've fabricated 5 CBs on Japan
>all five triggered less than a month after starting
How the fuck, this is incredibly improbable and very frustrating

haha holy shit

Why is dismantling fortifications even a wargoal

Looks like I was right lads ;^)

It's like magic. I really don't know how he has the will to do this. I imagine he has a lot of bans too.

>wasting infamy at assimilating Algeria when you'll get cores there after forming the Maghrebi anyway
why

It's vastly easier to build and maintain infantry than irregulars because military goods are very plentiful in the newest version, and even if one you run out of some of them your guys will still reinforce.

Japan can't build infantry though they start with no reforms

This really fucks with poor uncivs who can't keep infantry though.