/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The final Splatfest, Callie vs Marie, is currently underway.
- Watch the Squid Sisters' latest live performance at Japan Expo here! youtube.com/watch?v=rt5cnCywVrI
- The Squid Sisters' new album, Live in Makuhari, has been released! See the tracklist here: nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-live-in-makuhari-cd-full-tracklist/

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

splatoon.ink
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Marie is gonna win splatfest!

>Team Callie mirror

Weird. Figured I wouldn't get any mirrors. It was a fun distraction anyways

With every loss, I feel victory slipping further and further away from us.

I'm sorry team Callie. I let you down...

Forbidden kissu!

I am going to remain hopeful for Marie's team.

While a lot of the last threads cheers have been mostly for team Marie.. there is still Japan to worry about, lots of Callie Popularity wins and Win wins.

Buckle the fuck down folks, still 26 hours left.

How many Marie shitters ready to be upset at the L they are about to take?

>liked the game
>never got too deep into it
>missed all the splatfests
>wish I could play purely on the gamepad

The game's really neat but the downtime between matches really hits me, I need to be able to browse my computer inbetween

What? I though Japan already had their's.

Friends with Octarians!

Japan has the same Splatfest at the same time.

Calliefans for Callie, Mariefans for Marie, but we all stand united in the absolute truth that Octolings are fucking shit

If you pick Callie you can browse.

That's what I'm doing right now.

Not enough Callie teams out there it seems.

Err not enough Marie teams, but yeah.

Well fuck. Callie wins then. Isn't her voice actor an actual singer and Marie's is an amateur?

No? Marie's VA, Mari, is also a known voice actress, but neither are especially fanous. It's really hard to say if Callie or Marie are more popular in Japan.

Callie's shocked little face on top of her fractured purity is priceless

i want to fracture callie's purity

yfw
>This is the last Splatfest...
>Because now we're introducing SUPER SPLATFESTS!

Or they're just buckling down for Spl2n

Trips of lies.
There will not be a splatoon sequel.

Oh shit. Would they even think of doing that? What if the reason this is the last splatfest is because the devs are probably making a possible new mode or something? How likely is it that 2.10.0 is the final version?

Is there a moment in gaming as encouraging as when Callie and Marie start singing for you while you fight the final boss?

If it's true I will pledge my undying faith and loyalty to Nintendo.

Trips of lies only works if the number isn't 0. If it's three 0s, then it is the objective truth. We've been over this.

Dafuq? Agent 1 and 2 sing for you, Callie and Marie never show up in storymode.

Is the inkling that you play as online the same inkling you play in the story mode?

prepare yourself for agonizing disappointment then

Captain Cuttlefish must really be going senile.

Why wouldn't there be? It sold pretty damn well considering it was only on the WiiU, reception for it has be mostly positive, and it's their most successful new ip in years. I know nintendo is terrible at noticing what people want, but they would have to be completely braindead to not see that Splatoon was a success and should run with it.

that's exactly why there will never be another splatoon game

Cute

This artist is the best thing to ever come out of Tumblr.

>losing streak
>drop to 1400s
>start dominating
Why can't I be good against people who are actually good at the game...

Are mariefags even trying??

they won splatfest hours ago, there is nothing TeamCallie can do now that Marie has woken up

hi mk8g

You're like me in that you think your rank should be higher than it is and you don't accept rank downs as the system working but rather one bad day, shitty team mates etc etc

I hit royalty yesterday might jump on again to mop up some stragglers but I've done as much as I usually do

>boot up to try to play
>tv doesn't recognize signal from WiiU
>switching hdmi ports doesn't fix it

Well, there goes that motivation

Source? Otherwise it's gonna make me play harder once my beers are cool.

At the end of the day we need to realize that anything we do doesn't mean shit compared to the MASSIVE numbers of Japs fighting their own fights on a seperate server. Anything we do will amount to barely anything.

C'mon now, mate. Marie and her fans have a far more positive outlook than that.

I still wish this splatfest was a global one like Fancy vs Costume. I had an awesome time with that one. I mean I'm doing fine with what we got but for a final splatfest it honestly feels like any other one.

Well sure, but at this point all we can do is trust her Nippon fans. That's where the real numbers come from.

Not at the rate that I'm wiping marie squids.

I'm going like 9 wins for every 1 loss

But I know I'm not good. Problem is that where I am its like I'm playing against children but as soon as I'm higher I can't carry anymore and start losing. Would make sense if there was some sort of middle ground where I was playing balanced matches but I'm not

The Fancy+Costume fest destroyed the servers. Everyone playing one mode at once takes its toll.

Also, there's my favorite Splatoon artist! :]

Aren't you that pretty cool guy from /nintyg/?

>cool
pfttahhahahaha you've been reading too many memes, friend.

If you're a fan of chunky Marie then you're automatically cool.

Hot damn.

Pleas give callie the octo body.

Nah dude, Callie a skinny.

t

h

i

c

c

a-am i c-cool then?

Yes

>mfw final boss theme started playing during a match

someone please tell me how to use the splattershot effectively

Ahh, so it isn't just me, cool!

I think that happened when we got to 24 hours away from the end of final splatfest

Did the music change to Calamari Inkantation?

Yeah. Weird. 24 hours after this splatfest started. Pretty unexpected.

thick*

How many more hours left in the splatfest?

splatoon.ink music changed to Kalamari Inkantation; autoplay forced until Splatfest is over

I want them to play Maritime Melody when it's the last hour

23 hours 24 minutes

Maritime Melody will play once for each user immediately after Splatfest ends.

callie a cute
im more determined then ever to win this one for mai squidfu

her solo song is cuter too

> Not liking tide goes out more

>her solo song is cuter too

Its upbeat, catchy and fun to listen to, its great.

Here is a hypothetical question /ink/. Would you take an opportunity to be reborn as an Inkling?

Here are the specifics. You are given the choice to leave your current life and assume a life as a young new Inkling in the world of Splatoon. You retain all your memories of your past life, but your body will be changed to that of a 14 year old Inkling, I.E. an Inkling who just achieved their human form, and will have all the skills, abilities, and physiology of an Inkling.

You will NOT be "you in another world", meaning you will not have any belongings in your name, no one will know you, everyone you have ever known will be gone, and you will have no connection to anyone. You will be dropped into the squid world with nothing but some basic clothes, and it will be entirely up to you to start a new life. How you choose to live your new life however, is entirely up to you as well.

Any accomplishments or achievements you've ever done would be wiped clean, but so too would any mistakes or regrets. It would be a full reset, allowing you a rough chance to start over, this time as a young squid in a brand new world full of possibilities. Would you take the chance? If so, what would you do with your new life?

i come back from a bad day involving my callie getting ripped in two different places because of my asshole friend and the squid sisters are already having this fight and it's so bad and most people are just fuckin like "OOOO DRAMA" because they eat that shit up instead of pointing out how bad it is and now there's this fuckin splatfest, it's the worst
i thought it was a neat idea but this was the worst possible way to execute it, with the fuckin comments from last time it just makes it feel like they're both being vain as shit needing to assert their "DOMINANCE" over one another and i don't see how they can follow it up without it being even worse than it already is
and for the real kicker it's the final splatfest, there won't be any more banter, there won't be any more splatfest power, no more night stages, there won't be anything after just a YEAR of splatfests despite it being the easiest thing to setup, which means besides online hosting nintendo has given up on ALL support for the game
plus i really want the callie and marie amiibos but it's getting closer and closer to the date and i don't think i'll be able to pre-order them
this is all too much aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i can't believe i'm getting so stressed out over a plushy and a children's game but these characters have enticed me so long and i hate to see them break down like this and for the game to just stop getting support
sorry for the blog but i really had to get that out

Hey, do the new recolored amiibos unlock anything different? Or are they just the same amiibos repainted?

Me next please, Marie!

recolours, they are exactly the same as the first ones, so collect them all

They're identical function-wise. Just a new physical paintjob.

That's pretty garbage. They aren't even good complimentary colors.

Callie is thick. Tumblrinas just draw her skinny.

Canonically, callie is stacked with fat tits and ass, a cute belly, and thicc thighs. Shiver miyamoto said so.

Whats your splatfest power sitting at?

Anyone else getting mad communications errors?

I was not expecting this music change...these feels....it truly is the end...

Yes. I mean its all pros written all over it. In this world you can become someone just by being good at turf war or whatnot, you get money easily and nothing bad is ever happening. Its a great life.

Playing on my kids account atm, so 1227, it's very relaxing

>nothing bad is ever happening
Does the octoling invasion count as bad?

Callie isn't the green one

For the first two minutes then the 1 minute rush song kicks in and ruins it.

Literally a lullaby
A good lullaby, but still a lullaby

Well, squids are not dying to my knowledge anyway And from what i've played its more like "Aww hell naw, they stole our damn fish lets take it back!" so its more like a problem than something bad happening, if anything if it was so bad then the squids wouldnt just sit idly or have Splatfests and the like.

I'm sorry Callie, I can't handle this splatfest lag.

The idea was that if the fish weren't returned, their power would run out. They never said how long it would take, but it was undoubtedly a crisis.

>towers
>take out the enemy E-Liter
>lead a last minute push to win the game
>feel good
>realize that my play only worked because the sniper was retarded
fug

I just masturbated to a picture of Callie and I'm a girl
Is this bad?

>realize that my play only worked because the sniper was retarded

That's literally encounter vs snipers in any shooter so don't feel bad.

jesus hates you

Shameful and gay, but so is Callie.