Trying to buy used car

>trying to buy used car
>wanna pay 5k, 6k if i really have to
>EVERYTHING has 150,000+ miles

Who the fuck do these dealers think theyre fooling? You wanna sell a Honda Civic from 2006 with 200,000 fucking miles for 6 grand? Fuck yourself!

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5532618807.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5523630423.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5536745265.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5535409409.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5549522941.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5555543805.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5554819112.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5521317859.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5482181004.html
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5545158400.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5550255622.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5555346134.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5550838894.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5542543680.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5500361423.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dealer
There's your problem mate

100% correct

>trying to buy a cheap sub-5K shitbox from a dealer

Well there's your problem

>looking for a meme car
>doesnt want to spend the money
just take a look at their other offerings mate. why do you need a civic specifically so badly? there are a number of cars with great after market support. one of the most under rated is the c20xe/z20le* based astra plenty of after market support because the new zafira parts fit the same engine.

dealers in the usa have cheap cars. just take a look around and find something that has been in production for 20+ years. opel has been licensing revisions of the omega for decades and the parts are all relatively the same.

Buying a used car from a dealership is useless. There's no guarantee it'll be in any better shape than the one you buy from a private sale, both require you to know what to look for

Is 150k miles really that bad?

Care more about actual car condition not the miles on it

depends on where you live. in ausfalia they're really strict with roadworthy certificates in queensland. dealers are heavily regulated so wont sell you a car for all suspension, body must be roadworthy
>all electricals working
>no leaks in engine
>australian law guarentees a mandatory warranty
>illegal to sell car, "as is" from dealership
>massive fines for declaring a car roadworthy and selling it if it isnt and must refund or repair for consumer
it's just not worth it where i live for a stealership to fuck you over or to sell dodgy shit.

start reading obituaries.

find the dead old people.

but that IS car condition bro.
over time/use the body warps, bushings wear out, engine wears out, wiring gets old, corroded with heat cycling.

>protip: moss growing on the trim means it's shit

>wanna pay 5-6k
>buying from dealer
You have 100 dollars down don't you.

try craigslist bro

Got the cash already just dont want to buy a POS

dealers sell just as many POSs as private parties.

Yeah but I dont know anyone around here selling a car and theres nothing good on craigslist

Expand your search radius. You don't even have to buy a shitbox, you can find a good condition E39 with 100k miles for $5k.

Post your local Craigslist

>wanna pay 5k, 6k if i really have to
>EVERYTHING has 150,000+ miles

Yeah, that's pretty much what you're going to find if you only want to pay $5-6k

Whats a rwd car for around 3k? Besides a miata

SN95 or early New Edge Mustang

You can get SN95 GTs for about $3k in good condition, a manual V6 New Edge for the same price.

Newfag to Veeky Forums here and confused. I was planning on getting a job soon to buy a car to drive spiritedly. Lots of the cars on here are super cheap with minor exterior damage and expected mileage. Some of them even include a VIN number to check out yourself. Any reason to not buy from this pool of cars?

>750

There's a catch. There's always a catch. 9 times out of 10, anything you will look at will be a piece of shit with hidden problems that the owner omitted from the ad because he wants to get rid of it as soon as possible. The game is finding that one exception.

My neighbor is selling a Town Car with 90K miles on it. Single owner. Old lady driven. $4,500.

Why are you looking at a dealer?

I bought a celica for $700

Drove for 2 weeks before the exhaust manifold fell off and the headgasket blew

What price range am I looking at for a decent weekend driver, then? A test drive should help identify any problems, right?

m8 r you a scrub?
Friend in similar situation
>found all these for him in 15 minutes

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5532618807.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5523630423.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5536745265.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5535409409.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5549522941.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5555543805.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5554819112.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5521317859.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5482181004.html

>denver.craigslist.org/cto/5554819112.html

This is the only thing worth buying as a daily, in that whole list.

Craigslist is an amazing resource if you live near a large city and have patience. I have bought 3 cars off there in the last 8 months. For a total of 2050$ I got an 06 envoy, 02 rx300 and an 01 gtp. Just be patient, know what the values are and spot the dummies. Helps if you can wrench and haggle.

Hey Veeky Forums. Used car dealer fuckery continued today, of course. Today, a fucking MECHANIC at one of these places told me "Yeah everyone wants a car with low miles but you cant really find em anymore cause everybody drives so far for work."

"Yeah I drive like 300 miles a week so its not out of the norm for a car to rack up the miles"

"15,000 a year is about average so 8 year old car has the right mileage"

Thats great, you fucking greaser, that doesnt mean I want one of your 170k mile pieces of shit. It means I'll keep looking. I sure as fuck dont drive 300 miles a week to work because I'm not a fucking moron!

If you're not a pleb who thinks their car is a social status symbol. the best thing to do is know something about cars, then go look for ones that cosmetically look like shit, but have healthy engines/ transmissions and are in decent shape internally.
That will be a low cost car that will last years. then you don't have to be a total cuck and lose money to depreciation because "muh fake appearance of wealth"

I got a solid camry with 150k on it for four grand at a buy-here-pay-here. The only issues it had when I got it inspected by a third party was a water pump that needed replacement and oil darker than a very dark thing. I found later that the weather stripping on the trunk had a leak, but electrical tape on the inside of the boot lid where the weather stripping meets the lid fixed that fine.

>all automatic
No thanks, in shitboxes of this price range manual is a necessity

You must be a sucky fag of some sort.... look at these
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5545158400.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5550255622.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5555346134.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5550838894.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5542543680.html

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5500361423.html

spotted the geo metro driver