/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morphett-vale/cars-vans-utes/vj-valiant-245-3speed-manual/1111368970
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIHg495jr0
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bellevue/cars-vans-utes/1978-ford-falcon-sundowner-panelvan/1090932611
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no gf

>tfw no cronulla riots 2.0

also what about the wiring looks dodgy? not very good with electrics myself
also i'll see about the alarm but it looks like I can buy insurance online with sgic

r33 GTR user here, was going to debate RB oiling issues but you cunts already did that for me.

I actually ended up getting the 9 litre sump solution, by the way. Mine grenaded taking a corner at 280, starved itself of oil. Rebuild fixed the problem.

It's something to be aware of, even in non 32's. The problem is still there, so fork out extra for the solution, it's really not that bad. Only like 2.5k for me.

Don't let my bad experience deter you from not buying, by the way. Just be prepared for lots of hidden costs, because these cars have all been thrashed to hell and back. And they need lots of love.

No ring terminals there boss, and i can't see myself using wire with that thin of a gauge for much of anything.

Check your insurance fineprint, there's a good chance if it doesn't specifically mention that an alarm is required for it, it'll say something about there being no theft coverage without one.
My justcar is like that, luckily my soarer came with an actually really well done alarm+imm+keyless that even pops the boot. Would've been looking at around $1k for something like that if i had to do it.

>screwed up my only chance
>will die alone as a kissless virgin

Get a nice car. Pussy will come.

>taking a corner at 280
So how is this relevant to RBs having oiling issues?
If you're corning at 280 you've done such heavy modifications that with any engine you should've had a serious oiling solution in place already.

For normalfags a nismo pump and running slightly above the full line is all that's needed to keep 99% of RB happy.

Not all of them have been thrashed to hell and back, you're just looking for one of the last of the good ones that go for $30k+. It's the reason i bought a soarer for under $4k, so i had $4k left to fix it. If i had $13-14k i could've just bought one that was good in the first place.

It came lightly modified and i was still not fully versed in the ins and outs before i did such a thing.

Had i known, i would have gotten the sump before. Thus, why i'm letting people know if they will be getting one to keep it in mind, better to know than not.

And i'm sure there's one or two out there in decent condition but trust me, everyone who's owned it in the past has taken it for a hoon.

It's gonna need some sort of repair, might be a little or a lot, but it's another thing to be aware of.

Amazing car though and i love it to bits, i've had so much fun ever since i bought it. Broke my heart waiting for the rebuild.

alright, is it okay if i get insurance through parents? from what i can see with sgic its okay but i have to pay $600 additional excess if i crash it
sounds okay to me seeing as it would be $200 for my dad or like 800 if its in my name
still living at home until i finish uni probably too

Make sure that's with you down as the primary driver, not just as 'a' driver. They can fuck you if they can get proof you were the one always driving it, although this is unlikely.

Check just car, they're cheap enough that i just went with my own rather than using parents, although i'm 22 now

No because they're lax as fuck besides that. If it's pre-2010, not turbo/sc, not a V8 and not an M3 it's probably P-plate legal.

I don;t really care for rear seat space, might end up with two cars if I get a coupe of some kind, the other car being something a bit more practical like a wagon. Any other coupes that are comfy with decent amount of space?

So, most Supra parts would fit on Soarers from same gen/era? That would make finding aftermarket parts a bit easier if I were to go down that path with one

about to watch the old mad max films CUNTS

what would you modify for the apoclypse and ride into Valhalla cunts?

Saw a unimog the other day, shit would be awesome with some bigass spikes hanging off the front

Some off road tyres and I'm already set.

exactly what mcm did desu

I want to buy that Valiant Charger that I posted the other day.
Flat black it ,spray WITNESS ME down the side. Mint.

>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morphett-vale/cars-vans-utes/vj-valiant-245-3speed-manual/1111368970

I kind of dig the look of the yellow front and white everything else

>13cm ground clearance
Yeah nah cunt. Maybe with some work on the pipes you could make it work

Got pulled over on my way home tonight

>cop car goes past
>kept on driving
>see a car coming up from behind fast
>Thought it was just someone speeding
>pull over to let them pass
>was the cop car I saw earlier, they stop behind me
>license check and breatho
>Informs me that one of my tail lights are out
>they just tell me to fix it before I go out again

Pretty chilled, probably because I pulled over before they turned their lights on and had my license ready for them

The only vehicles that'll survive the apocalypse are DRZ400s and Corollas.

lucky you're not in victoria, could have been bad

>ground clearance
>implying that matters when you'll be perpetually wheelieng across the country

>perpetually wheelieng across the country
I want a CR500.
Fuck everything else I will be the first to Valhalla as soon as I hit powerband on that bitch

An mc22 is nearly perfect for it. It's fast while getting 5L/100km. 200km range will kill you though

>wasting petrol
>not saving it all to sniff

Just get fuel tank bags

It's a light bike so it gets good fuel usage but you'll be loading her up with extra cargo, will hurt a bit on the L/100k but at least you increase the range to 600km+

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIHg495jr0

Das it mane

The lack of torque and potential hassle to get parts for it are it's only downsides I think.

POSTIE BIKE
O
S
T
I
E

B
I
K
E

M-m-mate

fuck cunts, i'm noticing something while watching the old mad max.

Max is a fucking badass male role model for young boys to look up to, he's fucking cool and gets shit done.

I can't for the life of me think of a recent film that is portraying a man like this film is.

When did it change from the 80's?
When did men lose their role models?

Legit, the max from this film seems so much more like a man should than the one from fury road.

Falcon Pano or Valiant Pano
convert it to run entirely on alcohol and replace the battery with a smaller kickstartable motor, so it still werks in 50+ years
max may be bad ass, but he's also a fucking idiot
>running into every wall head first
>not even bthering to think
>getting saved only by luck and survival instincts

Deadpool is the current role model

Asshole did me wrong
Go fuck him up
Fuck hot sloots

just finished, was a good movie.

he still seems hella more manly than someone like deadpool, i dunno.

perhaps it's just the vibe of the movie but he comes across as really fucking manly.

I actually agree, but it's a theme not just limited to max. Look at men in any 80's film compared to how men are portrayed now.

Media's gotten pretty damn toxic and it's leaking over into culture. Boys are not allowed role models like max anymore.

what makes max and especially the first movies so great is the background really, there's enough manly characters nowadays, but few go out to protect their wife and kid or seek revenge for them without needing some alcoholic, broken life whatever excuse
max is really great because he's believable, reasons, approach, methods. it's somewhat achievable for everyone.

Why are all the old muscle cars literally absurd prices?

The fucking boomers legit think they all have the super rare ones, but even the regular old ones are selling for like 50k just cause the cunts want to make some shekels.

It's sad, i'm sure there's heaps of cunts who would buy the shell for a few grand and then pour love into it and get it back on the road...but instead these boomers fucking let the things rust in their front yard cause no-one is going to pay the prices they're asking.

because getting rich without working for it is the american dream

buy it cunt
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bellevue/cars-vans-utes/1978-ford-falcon-sundowner-panelvan/1090932611

my god he is delusional. it's rusted beyond the point of restoring it.

fuck, this makes me rage.

at least keep it maintained you god damn cunt if you're not going to sell it properly

FUCK

and you just know this is not the only one, every boomer is like this

no idea why people think that there's any value in a shell with rust
people are delusional

no idea why people think that there's any value in a living kraut
people are delusional

giving up so easily?
some months ago I borrowed my friends Audi A6 2013 for a day and a qt from work
>Is that your car user?
and we've worked in the same company for over 2 years together without much contact
and Im not even attractive

Why?

Should I bother getting a Subaru if it's not AWD?

y would you do that? Isn't it only the first gen liberty and pre 1990's subarus that you can get in FWD?

Will it make a difference? Are you attacking those corners like a man or just driving it about?

OLD PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN ABOUT WHAT AN ACCELERATOR DOES OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG

There's a nice 1992 Liberty close to me that's FWD and looks to be the only one I can afford. Most of the wagons are either driven to shit or will get me pulled up.

My mate had a '94 Liberty. Be careful, that thing burned oil like a bitch.

Old people need to learn some spatial fucking awareness honestly.

>people that are about to enter an intersection or roundabout and don't turn their head to look at whoever's coming at them from the right until they're pretty much in the intersection then slam their brakes on because SURPRISE FUCKING SURPRISE I'm there

Well at the moment it looks like I'll be choosing between the Liberty and a 1995 Toyota Corolla with about 150,000k's for $3990 but I'm aiming to get a wagon so I can sleep in it comfortably and want AWD cause there's plenty of gravel roads near me.

Most grassroots tier rally cars are all FWD, just putting that out there.

looking for a CB Radio, what should i get for entry level? would like something that fits a dash slot or otherwise where i don't have to drill anything
i already got a magnetic antenna so not really looking for a bundle.
anything else i should look into?

You don't need to worry about AWD just for gravel, I drive my VR all over gravel every day.
Funnily enough, my brother has a 1990 Corolla. It's a decent enough car, runs like a fucking tank. But it has no power, you can put your foot into the floor and it'll go nowhere.
The Liberty will be much quicker, at least my mates 94 one was faster than my VR, where as the VR blew the Corolla into the ground.
If I were you and if this is your first car, I'd get the Corolla, just because it'll probably last longer. However, $4k is way to much for a 95 model. Get it down to $3k or lower.

I had a mitsubishi awd and it was horrible on gravel.

Power kept being transferred to the rear for some reason, freaky as shit when the ass end tries to overtake the front

>5L/100KM
>Good
It's astonishing how much fuel it uses for a 250. Better than my R1 though.

Will take awhile for Shamans to appear in the Aussie apocalypse.

>The lack of torque and potential hassle to get parts for it are it's only downsides I think.
Yeah we're reaching cannibalism for MC22s now. You can source a lot of parts from Honda still but very rarely a CBR250RR part. The brake lever on mine at the moment is off a CBR600RR for instance.

It won't be an issue until random little bits dry up. It's getting awkward to find OEM oil filters now for instance. My main fear is when parts for the carbs start to dry up. There's not a lot of other bikes you can cannibalism them from due to how fucking small they are on the CBR.

Ask Truckerfag in the daily truckerfag threads.

Is that a barra 6 in a V6?

Tell me about it. Bike is stuck in the shop for another week waiting on gaskets

wat

yes and no, also which drugs?

Not my first car, currently drive a 1992 Feroza 4WD that tries to kill me regularly. Going down to brisbane to look at a 2001 Impreza hatchback.

Wut. I meant a barra 6 in a VL but autocorrect

It's a barra 6 into a VL turbo, Which were never V6's tard. Always a straight 6 because straight 6's are for straight men and v6's are for men who like it up the ass

I'm a man who likes it in the arse, but I don't like V6's

I don't know how to process these feels

Bisexual

bike curious?

Yes that one

We had to buy a seized engine to harvest parts needed for another CBR250RR a few years ago. Was like $50 if I remember.

Man, the virgins I would sacrifice to get a brand new factory engine.

>wasting virgins on a 250

Worth it. I can source 25 virgins just from this thread

26 if you didn't already include yourself..

Ooooooohh

Has nutri-grain shrunk or is it just me?

There's not much point. The head on the one we cracked open was basically immaculate still.

With a carb rebuild and a decent tune you can pretty much get back to factory power.

it tastes like shit now

Lads, finally getting my P's. Final drive is next week and I'm likely have my instructor to be audited. What should I expect if this occurs?

Underage b@nd

Or I've been lazy as shit and never bothered to get them. Use your brain.

Underage b@nd

>Not getting your P's ASAP

Faggot

>underage b@nd
>b@nd
>b(at)nd
>batnd

Back to primary school with you.

Speaking of Ps, I just got my greens yesterday

How long do greens last?, when can I into turbo?

Fucking newfags

>not getting batnd

Do you even life? newfag

3 years in Vic, 2 everywhere else i think

When you're off your P's and onto your full license is the general consensus. Can drive turbo/super on P's if the output is under 150kw a tonne. Depends on stage though.

audited? wat.
you mean theyre gonna check if the KMs and hrs make sense in your logbook/his car?
they might make you redo hrs or scrap the book entirely.
my parents were cunts and didnt fudge mine, not too mad about it because i did 70hrs on an auto then 50 on a manual after id saved enough so i needed the exp desu. that being said i took 2 tries.

mates parents let him fudge the entire logbook, little cunt got away with it

I did the same. A few made up interstate trips filled it up quick

heaps of turbo euro cars which make ~170+kw are p's legal.
tonnes of VWs, puegeots, renaults etc.
meanwhile these cars with more power per tonne than some WRXs. its dumb af. they target "hoon cars"

120 hours what the fuck? What state are you in. 60 day+ 15 night for me.
By audited I mean having a government employee that sits in the back of the car while you do the test with your instructor. Meant to be really tough

>Coming down the SE freeway into adelaide
>90/80 zone with steep downhill
>Just coasting in 3rd so I dont have to touch the brakes at all
Feels good.

That's for 2010+ cases only afaik

Fucking 3 years Jesus Christ

ah well. whats done is done i suppose.
the majority of people have the mentality that what is legal is right despite how fucked up the needed hrs are, looking at it now 120hrs is fucked.
the govman must know that people fudge them

Get off and do the devil's elbow run on the way down? It's practically impossible for them to prove you faked it when it's them taking your word on a piece of paper. Stupid really.
It's confusing and annoying. Wish I lived in NT so I could drive what I actually wanted

NSW. oh right. from what ive heard the pressures on you both so might even out.

I fudged a good 80% of my book and passed first go, instructors I had driven with said I was one of the best learners they've seen

Stupid fucking thing though. What difference would there be from a 2009 four cylinder turbo pumping out 134kw or some shit and a 2010 one of the same model.
Hopefully.