Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

you can tell a lot of her tools were designed with a different use in mind and then neutered pre-release

the two biggest ones are her v-reversal and the kite

you can tell at some point in development she could do air normals after kite, and v-reversal was a legitimate anti-projectile tool, but both got absolutely neutered and became really janky and kinda pointless

fpbp

lel pro fluke plays sf4 again now? My hard reads and commitment were too much for him

>no scenes exist for smash 4
lmao?

Im pretty sure Ive heard combofiend say that about the kite and that it was removed because they thought it was too strong

Not a perfect game but still way better than jiving for esports.

yeah, iirc he said that on the cpt episode when they first debuted her

Wouldn't want another repeat of twelve's game changing air dash mixups I understand his worries

>mika on steroid with everything safe on block and unga damage
El fuerte was one of the biggest sf mistake

>more mai/kasumi doujins
glorious

Tekken 7 please cum soon all over me.

It's the frame data referring to your advantage on hit/block

If something's + on block it means you can move before your opponent can, if something's - they move before you. Anything that's -4 or greater at point blank is punishable by the entire cast, and -3 is punishable by any character with a 3f move.

>you can tell a lot of her tools were designed with a different use in mind and then neutered pre-release

this is the case with most characters.

woshige and combofiend are hacks.

What's with all the kids? I never see children at Japanese and US FGC events (Except Smash players)

the fgc is getting old, their parents are bringing them there

Jesus christ sony propaganda disgusts me so hard.

most of his stuff is pretty unsafe, but hard to punish if you weren't used to the matchup, which everyone wasn't because you saw him so rarely
but yeah he's still an abortion of a character

Splash is punishable, qbomb is punishable both ex and normal, tortilla spin is punishable if you have the right read

>What does -x mean? For example when somebody saying that some move is -2 on block/

If you're -2 for instance after using a move, it means your opponent has 2f to begin throwing something out before you can do anything.

You have 60 seconds to defend stun as a mechanic.

Stun juggles look cool

>mexican character
>screams mexican food names for attacks
Bravo capcom

If you get stunned its your fault for being so shit at defending

Yeah I'm sur this woman is a veteran KOF players and just bringing her son along. Totally not the kid asking his mother to go.

>mika on steroid

in a game with a million defensive options though

no one would complain about mika if she was in 4

it introduces new playstyles while not necessarily being broken if implemented and balanced properly

what do i win

There are no guard breaks

max's content and fans sucks but

he's a decent commentator

Why doesn't XIV have Lilly in it?

How many of you guys bother double tapping inputs on stick?

muh legacy

Derp

Derper

Derpest

Kof xiii-xiv has both

It's the difference between the move's recovery frames and the amount of blockstun/hitstun it does.

For example if a move has 4 recovery frames and it does 8 frames of blockstun it'll be
8 - 4 = +4 on block. It means that you have a 4 frames window that allows you to continue the blockstun if you have a 4 frames or less move.

If a move is for example -4 on block, it means the opponent can hit back if he has a 4 frames or less move.

Sorry for the wonky explanation.

Then don't play those games

nice argument, I win this round my pizza friend

He has a nice to listen to deep voice on commentary and has good enough knowledge.

Makes u feel good because you just did good for an extended period of time

good

Why you fucking spics wont stop shilling KOF?

When will Tekken shills make their own thread?

This explanation is nice.

Would fug

Tekken is the best fighting game so it belongs here

derp

additional reward for not letting an opponent escape landing multiple combos in a row with no gap in between

it is more difficult than getting the combos separately so the combos are better than the sum of their parts

Is this literally in sony or snks boss backyard?

athena > kula

this looks comfy

also, the game was probably at a kid focused event

Yeah, in opposite land.

Your reward is already hitting the opponent a lot and making him die. It only generates derp thing like stun combos and setups where you do a mixup and if you hit you get a free unscaled combo. There is no reason for stun to exist other than MUH LEGACY.

this will be the first day Ive ever agreed with chariot instead of you

I've just spent 1 (ONE FUCKING) and half hours trying this shit.

I FINALLY DID IT, FUCK THIS UFCKING GAME

any tips for beating Cammy or Karin as Alex? They sometimes feel unwinnable.

Geeeimu.

Nitroplus, SFV, DoA5, LB2, SG.

Man I still gotta get Revelator.

Rest of the FGC is getting old, another reason for the "takeover"/growth of Smash

Nigga ive spent 6 hours trying to do elisabeth's 9th trial that's easy af compared to it

>Once in an hour and a half
Now keep doing it until you can do it in a real match

Hop across the pond so we can engage in fisticuffs you charletan.

You have to land all the moves, dumbass.

>(SALTO) Forte
It explains a lot desu

Nigga was an el fuerte player

Athena = waifu
Kula = daughteru

you wanna start the orochi motion right as they're at the apex of the launch

>Meitenkun is japanese for Ming Tian Jun which literally means "Sleep the entire day every day"

Encourages offense

The growth of the fgc comes from new players. Smash is pretty much the best at getting casuals attention and turning them into tourney goers.

100% right

if 3 combos kill the opponent then obviously there's no difference. but if the combos DON'T kill him then the reward is different depending on how frequently you landed them. that adds depth to the game and makes defense more interesting and higher stakes when you just took 2 combos and can't afford another for a few seconds. but if you escape then you can take it later.

additionally it provides another aspect of balancing moves where some do more stun than others, independent of damage.

That's artificial offense

athena is the school cumdump
nothanks

Delete this!

>wanting to fuck k'

NRS/KI fag reporting,

Very interested in giving SFV a go, but I noticed at EVO *all* the pros were using sticks, and my question is, do you have to use a stick to play SFV competitively? Are the controls intentionally obtuse because of muh nostalgia?

>Round 1, Barcades and other Arcades are finally making a comeback
>The hack Ono refuses to make an SFV cabinet

billy kane>everyone

>frogposting

he's literally the coolest character in all of fighting games

nope
it's even easier in sfv too, you can play it with pretty much anything

>doesn't want to taste the beast of prey

>Combos in SFV
>Intentionally obtuse
lol
SFV is fucking babby-mode execution

I thought we were talking about the cosplayers in that pic

does this gimmick ever work, i see laura trying the same and they never hit

>artificial offense
How do you get home-grown organic offense Brick-chan?

Is there an FGC Farmer's Market I'm unaware of?

May 6P wouldn't be the same without a massive stun multilpier

stun is fun

>does this gimmick ever work

depends on whether or not your opponent knows the setup

Is Athena a good character for beginners?

I like spooky as a commentary. He has a lot of knowledge that even some top tier pros don't seem to know at times.

It's a shame he is always willing to give his seat up to scrubs who want to hop on the mic

breek is becoming void levels of annoying

Stun isn't a reward, it is punishment for getting hit too often without, it encourages both a cautious offense and a solid defense.

maybe only at locals
Shine does it all the time

anyone want to fightcade

SHOW ME IBUKI TECH OR I PULL THE TRIGGER

>SFV is fucking babby-mode execution

>that adds depth to the game and makes defense more interesting

It literally does not. It doesn't add anything to the game mechanics, it just adds a "better hope you guess right on this mixup or fuck you" factor. It snowballs the winning side for no reason. Oh wow you are winning, here, win even more.

why is brick so fucking stupid

the buffer system isnt that good

Kula being factually superior to a washed up idol that has been leading Kensou on for like a decade, doesn't mean we want to fuck her.

The goddess Athena is a different conversation tho.

Spookys great people like Art need to get off the fucking mic though. Telling me frame data throughout a match is fine at times but not the entire fucking match.

anti comeback mechanics and increases tension
aka artifical hype
aka esports friendly
aka stfu and buy it to support the community

i just want to be the best at fighting games

is that so much to ask?