/mhg/-Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
Athena's Armor Set Search has been updated: mediafire.com/folder/fpoki5x46p78s/MHGen

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!

Are these good for Adept Gunlance?

Loadup
Artillery Expert
Evade Dist

SEEE YAA!~

Oh wow, how amazing and interesting too. But in this generations world, what can we do?

>forced to switch to axe mode
They do?

I remember seeing a list of fastest times per weapon vs hellblade dino. Did I just imagine it? If not, is there a link to the videos where these times were gotten?

>tfw HAVE to do Arena and get S on all missions in order to get barrage earings for best bow set
>HAVE to do feylne quests for some arena fights
>have to get S rank on prowler arena quests

i dont
i dont want to play this game anymore

I want to BE Meowstress!

>gore goes into the air and shoots frenzy balls
>adept dodge one and immediately aim and shoot my bow+Power shot
>Falls out of the air and dies

I fucking love adept bow holy shit

Can't go AED-> cancel for red shield unless in Axe. Gen took away all SnS shortcuts to aed. No shield thrust into aed, and no gp into aed.

I noticed that all weapons seem to have the same damage now? What? Did they change how the damage is displayed now?

Anyone want to do a turns room of the bullshit that is the HR5 urgents? (Tama & Popodrome)

It's displayed like it was intended to be, 4u had incorrect numbers.

Huh, I guess I haven't noticed yet.

>Gammoth
>Hard

>Caring more about skills and defence than fashion
This is the price you pay for your cripling autism, user. Deal with it.

LR Turns
17-5106-5722-7951

I never said it's hard, I just said it's bullshit.
>boring, long fight
>we have to do it 4 times/or once for each hunter in the room
>then bubblesnakefox as well
it's lame.

Hard to not fall asleep while fighting him

Steve bow good w/o Load Up? Only HR3 and I want something better than this upgraded bango fur bow

>4u babbies
this is the first western game to have correct damage values shown

>Not liking bubblesnakefox
Lemme guess, your favourite monster is Khezu.

>not wanting to be optimal
>not wanting to show off your cute face
just stop posting

It displays the weapons true raw, if you were to add the weapon modifiers you would see the old weapon values of 960 attack and what not.

It's just dumb down so it makes weapon choosing a little bit easier

Hyper Rathalos farming:

52-9784-9715-7998

Could someone please translate those damage numbers for us babbies then? Because i don't believe a Greatsword does as much damage as my Dual Blades.

>HR3
Well you're set then, go kill Teostra and get the best bow in the entire game

MHFU says hi

>MonHun Faces
>Cute
>Boring MinMaxer
End yourself

I never said I don't like it, though.
it would have been a fine urgent, but combined with having to do gammoth too, it's dumb.

Is it true that Ultra AED is bugged right now so it does far less damage than it should?

MHFU had super inflated raw values

look up the damage formula - not all attacks are equal.

Yeah, at level 4.
Below that it's a garbage bow that only memesters would use.
Because they don't know shit about bows

Tiptoeing dinos are the absolute worst.
Uragaan, Jho, Brachy and now Glavenus.
All shit, delete these forever.

>play lr
>use exclusively guild gs
>hit HR
>decide to change weapon
>go striker SA
>farm narga and get E+2, EE and CE+1
>dont want to use weapon anymore

hhelp

It's not worth using with the proper mv numbers either.
It's basically punishment for failing to cancel it into a regular AED. With full phials it's barely does more damage than the regular AED.

OO-

Have some tits while we wait.

>Still has 140 Raw
>Still has some blast
>Still has Lv. 3 Rapid

It's still the best fucking bow even at that point

Of course level 1 Teostra Bow isn't as good as Level 10 Hellblade bow if that's what you're getting it, but there's no way since that would mean you're retarded.

Where do you get Amored Bream? Ping's Dex and kiranico show nothing.

Then I question the choice to even have it in the game at that point.

don't worry. arena is unfortunately a joke in Gen.

You wanna grab coins?

Bow is decent at the start

1 more for Hyper Rathalos

brachy is hands down the best fight in the series if you want to actually have to use reflexes rather than memorising monster patterns

makes sense why my GS speedrun friend hates him

Pick a GS and a DB, both with 100 true raw.

In MH4U it would show the GS as having 480 attack and the DB having 140 attack, that's called displayed raw, which is the true raw multiplied by the class modifier.

That modifier is only applied to make it easier to tell which weapons have higher damage per hit on average, but the damage formula uses the true raw value. In that sense, Generations is more "sincere" than 4U, but it's easy to understand why you would be confused.

BUT user MORE ESSENTIAL UNLOCKS BEHIND STUPID GATHERING AND OTHER GARBAGE QUESTS MEANS MORE INCENTIVE TO DO THOSE QUESTS WHICH IS GREAT!

t. GaijinHunter

there is literally only 10 arena quests in the game

Which pieces of what armor? I looked and it didn't seem doable.

Brachy is my least hated of these, because at least I can reach the fists.
And then nope, you get zoned by stupid slime pools.

so informed players can spot the shitters easier

I want to do lecherous things to you while you are the Meowstress!

what tits?

>t.
What does that even mean

Brachy is perfect!

In hindsight those tits probably weren't large enough so here's another set to encourage you to join.

>Been playing since Freedom
Love the series.
>4U was great, aside from being on 3DS

For some reason, X is not grabbing me like the others. I can't seem to figure out why?

Is anyone else oddly disappointing with Gen?

>decide to solo redhelm
>watch him a bit to see his attack
>oh this doesn't look so bad
>try to hit him
>almost every body part bounces on green
Well lads into the garbage this one goes, guess I'll wait until I get fencing haha! I sure love monsters with excessive bounce properties!

What are the best element dual blades to make in mhgen?

What a shitpost, if you're playing adept gunlance you prioritize Art Expert and Loadup above all other things. Yeah EE is kinda useless, but so is razor sharp and whatever else you posted. Adept's Damage comes from spamming full burst CONSTANTLY

Granted, but from a game design point whats the point? The amount of effort that goes into building 5 phials plus red-shield to have it do minimal damage over an AED is just fucking stupid at that point. Might as well remove it.

Why are they throwing moofah milk at her

Took me more time to get into it than previous MHs but now that i'm set it's just as good even though i hope Styles don't return

I also think that the addition of internal ammo to Bowguns is a fantastic addition, i hope it stays.

I'm actually enjoying it more than 4U

Pretty sure you don't need art expert at all on any weapon since you can eat for bombardier or whatever with art novice and hit the cap

Which of these fucking Prowler quests do I have to do to unlock shit, because fucking hell I'm tired of doing gathering quests and prowler mode isn't fun at all for me. The fact that they both locked shit behind them, and decided to make it the most boring shit is killing me.

Probably burnt out. I liked 4U, but once I reached G Rank I kind of just stopped.

>tfw addicted to recitals

Am I a bad hunting horn for doing this? The recital attacks are pretty strong and I like keeping buff active.

What're some of the best Horns for this playstyle? I was thinking something with a healing song might be good. I already had some fun with the Sonic Bomb song, but I know I can do better. I just want effects that are okay to spam.

you're kidding right? Brach is GS fodder.

The shockwave dealt decent damage, but not enough to just dump all your phials and the red shield all at once for that one attack. Usually people ultra AED'd fallen/sleeping monsters because it was almost always a guaranteed KO, which would give you opportunity to recharge your shit all over again before the mon got up. Other than that, it was probably meant as a punishment. The red shield alone made CB that much more powerful, so they probably put the ultra there so that smart players would realize that and not waste the shield on one attack, as the super is good enough on the long run.

how in the FUCK am I meant to break mizu's claws

You won't get much chance to spam full burst on the end game monsters, it's better to increase your poking attack. Razor sharp is good for not sharpening every 3 minutes even more so if you spam shelling and/or fullburst. Art expert is a luxury, but if you can get it, it's good to have.

Dude its because he's terribly balanced against GS. Only reason there are even good speedruns on GS of him is people that fucking took tons of risks and poured 100 attempts into it. For fast weapons he's fine. But he's completely broken if you can't just go apeshit between attack and dodge like DS can.

How far through village should I get before starting multiplayer

She seemed dehydrated and in need of some calcium

Anyone willing to hunt Crimson Azuros? Trying to farm it's armor.

>4U
>ls user
>everyone hates me
>gen
>ls user
>everyone's all over my dick

If this is mhgen, you just need A rank on a single weapon on every arena quest to get both piercing
And you could solo them

Recitals were OK before the double note mechanic. Now they are just a waste of dps, they do a decent damage on their own, but the cooldown is so big that it isn't worth it anymore. Although if you get double notes+recitals, I can see healing songs be really powerful, like, free dusts of life. But fuck that, I'd rather play with other people if I was playing with people that needed healing THAT much.

Not him but art expert on gunlance also decreases heat gauge consumption so that you have easier time to manage it.

>cap
>gl

thats my point, GS fights are all about just knowing where a monster's going to be and brachy doesn't follow that because he's unpredictable

which makes him a good fight

4* or 5* is where you might wanna think about doing online

>tfw HR3 and haven't fucked around with a single village quest yet
I like to steam roll through village quests with a good weapon.

>things user fantasizes about at night

PLEASE tell me that not all of the deviants have stupid arbitrary bounce zones all over them. I really don't want to have mind's eye every time I want to fight one of these fuckers.

Okay, so, I have a pretty important question.

First of all, Tenderizer. Does it apply to ranged weapons? Because people claim it's melee only, yet Malfestio S Gunner has access to it, which would make it kind of useless. Also, does it apply on all parts hit with a pierce shot?

Next question, this one's more important. Guard on HBG. In older games, some Gunner sets had Guard Up, but now the Zamtrios Gunner set has Guard, which seems really odd if that didn't apply to HBG. Do you guys think it'd be worth going Guard +2 on HBG?

Asking again from last thread

I know it's good. I'm asking how good is it online.

Will it solve my mobility issues without hampering others? I imagine I can only really use the charge finisher on large monsters where we can all spread out?

>in regards to Striker Lance online

It's not about NEEDING HEALS, it's about helpful little top-ups that keep you healed up and in the fray. Even skilled guys get hit with small shit and Bullfangos etc.

The whole double note thing is why I like reciting so much. It feels so strong, I'd love to just keep giving people a little heal + a buff.

Sounds like Apex cancer again...

what's a good endgame set for dbs? or what are the speedrunners using?

is lr narga hard? about to face him

artillery has no cap for gl
this isnt chargeblade

Yes.
Yes, if all zones hit are tenderizer proc zones.
No, wtf.

Heard an user say recently how nice Shield can be on HBG because it feels so satisfying. Figured it'd be even more satisfying with less chip damage.

If you're not used to fast jumpy monsters, yes. Once you figure out he has to rest after certain attacks, no.

>Get to glavenus
>expect Jho 2.0
>It's a DPS race with shit hitboxes straight out of MHFU
OH BOY CAPCOM, JUST WHAT I WANTED! HOW DID YOU KNOW?

>Zamtrios Gunner set has Guard
it doesn't