/indie/ - Indie Games General

Of Pretty Games Edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens Underrail, Machinarium, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Sonic Dreams Collection, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BurritoGalaxy/status/721065286506569729
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o
youtube.com/watch?v=nCVNwGdBHFk
steamcharts.com/app/394230
thompson-vonjung.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will bump a few times so you faggots can realize there's a new thread.
OP image is Viscera Cleanup Detail's Shadow Warrior map.

Thanks mate, we're fucking dead

threadly reminder undertale is globalist propaganda

So, I started playing Stardew Valley.

It was the feels all along, wasn't it. That's what sold a million copies, right?

Right?

can we talk about games in beta that have 12 players and aren't AAA?

Should I post that slug art I posted a while back from my probably to be crap game as a bump?

Why not, be our guest.
Such as?

I haven't really worked on it lately honestly, been working on the map more than anything. Still, anyone see anything I could do to improve this general slug race design don't mind me asking?

Woops, forgot pic. I'm stupid.

Oh. That thing.
To be perfectly honest, i had no earthly idea what that was supposed to be.
I have no fucking clue how to improve upon that, it's very.. interesting already.

Thanks. I'll probably add some more sea slug like tentacles instead of those things and add some orange to them so it looks more sea slugish.

Should I post more because this general's pretty dead right now?

So uh, bump?

what the fuck is this supposed to be?
a bear?
a cyber punk plague doctor?
i need some help

Assuming top center is the original, it's just a guy whose face is wreathed in shadow and wearing infrared goggles.

>be poor as fuck
>save up for strawberries
>first harvest is 5k profit
>realize it doesn't need replanting
Oh god, I knew I should've resisted temptation to look at the wiki. Why the fuck do I need to munchkin through every game?

Stardew Valley?

Also, are the rock monsters from Foundry hard? HAven't done them yet. I hope they're less annoying than the sneaky scorpions.

Please don't die yet.

Is Underrail worth the full $15?

Fug u

>no Dorito Galaxy

Hey Karbonic, how's that one final boss of yours going?

What's Dorito Galaxy?

comfy

What is it though?

Link me up to whatever this is?

twitter.com/BurritoGalaxy/status/721065286506569729

I meant a link to the game?
Or is it not out yet, what?

わからない

>no Dorito Galaxy
>Links to Burrito Galaxy

Lewds when

I got it in a build a greenlight bundle for $1
Is it just me or are indie game bundles shit now?

Humble, the old #1 source of Indie Bundles was great, but has gone to total shit and no other site that Bundles indie shit has been as good, so no.
Also,
>BATTLEBORN FOR $15

do you have a picture of that snail girl?
she was pretty cute

>battleborn

I hope you don't mind a really old pic and another that's outdated. I haven't worked on her in a while. The full body one's outdated and I need to fix it and I've been meaning to make more art of her.

Here's the other one that's more up to date to er design.

Sorry if I'm spamming with the pictures lately by the way.

thanks dude

no worries dude, we are on a slow day

It's a non-issue, user. Anything > Nothing and at least your shit is more interesting than "Bump."
My point.
The dialogue is fucking awful, I didn't realize it was quite this bad.

TO BE FAIR it is gear box. In the next Borderlands they'll probably make a HERE COME DAT BOI meme joke.

the dialog is not even the worst part
it's the voice acting
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o
i am glad that this thing is dead, hope hopefully gearbox will die with it

Sad too because some of the designs are actually kinda good.

No, the voice actors are actually fine, it's the shit they are saying, the dialogue.
They literally have a chunk of dialogue I found that 99% of people will NEVER hear because you lose access to it at account rank 3 and can't access it until account rank 2.
And all it did was inform me that "All the AI have gone insane cause their Magna Carta abandoned them, so if they say they're going to airlock you if you don't stop, they mean it."

Jesus. Christ. Are these two sisters or something?

>One has FOUR arms and one has none
Probably, she probably stole them.

Actually she just hides them under her tiger poncho.

Oh.
I never saw them in the fight, weird.
Well, they are both annoying as shit, so at least there's that.
I've listened to that Orendi Dialogue video three times. It doesn't get better, but it's still better than Isic's.

Wait, who's isic?

>CV: Ashly Burch
I miss Hey Ash Whatcha Playing, is that still going?

He's an AI, the boss of the Campaign "The Algorithm" and the LLC's Tank class in his character form.
He has thirty minutes of character dialogue, the most of any character.
And another 20 minutes of Boss dialogue.
youtube.com/watch?v=nCVNwGdBHFk
I have finished this video, you do not have the constitution, user.

hahaha epic yell at battleborn on le internet, /owutg/ legion comrade /b/rotherz 4 lyyfe, milk the goat only if it is male amirite xD

>Gearbox made a tweet to Overwatch's twitter saying "come at me bro" with a battleborn picture
>blizzard changed the Overwatch open beta date to be on same day as battleborn's release
this was not the main reason why the game failed but holy fuck

He looks like a really bad bootleg bayonetta boss from like some chibi spinoff.

There ya go senpai.

toby fox is your (((greatest ally))) and he wants YOUUUU

to yell at battleborn on the internet, YOUUUU

to spend 25 hours a day writing gay furry goat fanfiction for mutant-gendered tumblrstralians, YOUUUU

to buy his post-2007 neoliberal propaganda masterpieces, Undermeme(tm), and Overmeme(r)(c)(jew), YOUUUU

to join the official tobyfox(tm)(jewish).com.discord.com gay goat circlejerk brainwash you into meme sexuality, and YOUUUU

to do that stupid superman bullshit.
fuck soldier man and fuck that superman bullshit. singlehandedly killed hip-hop. singlehandedly killed hip-hop. fuck soldier man. stupid ass young nigga. eat a dick.

Wat

Since this general's dead still, here's another design I'm working on. Got any ideas on how to improve it or do you see any flaws or problems or anything? See ANYTHING wrong with it or ANYTHING I can improve about it?

That's pretty much what he is.
Now be ready to vomit when you open this image.
It's a picture of Isic's character customization page with his skins and taunts.
The names are an atrocity.

nigga calm down

>Giving it (You)s
Don't.

tobyfox and soldier man are using /owutg/ to joint singlehandedly promote tobyfox's new games (undermeme / overmeme) and soldier man's new album, soldier man, tell them dot com, and brainwash highly impressionable young western millennials into yelling at battleborn on the internet and converting to meme sexuality for tobyfox's invented gay goat fursona

fuck you, tobyfox/soldierman fanfaggot, eat a dick

fuck you guy above samefagging, eat a dick

By any chance, is /v/'s drawthread full of raiders and invaders from the /a/ IRC?

What the fuck is wrong with Gear Box. I'm legit serious. I like to meme stupidly with my friends as a way to just joke around with them from time to time and even I'm just awestruck by this fucking shit forced meme mess. No wonder this game bombed harder than a carpet in Vietnam.

young nigga i don't go to /v/. that board's been taken over by young niggas and soldier man faggots. i guarantee you twenty bucks they only draw that new gay nigga shit because they suck dick

fuck off /owutg/ fag

I don't know what that is.

this design is actually really fucking good
i would say that maybe a darker color would be better but i dunno

That's actually an old one.
It's up to just above 2K daily thanks to Humble Bundle.
steamcharts.com/app/394230

you know exactly what it is young nigga don't play stupid

To be fair, 2000 is still not exactly alive.

A quick look in the board's Drawthread, it would seem they have plenty of female deliveries.
The list goes on and I don't see any Soldier requests, let alone Deliveries.

I know what /ow/ is but not /owutg/ is.

it's more than your stupid gayliberal undermeme game has, you tobyfox faggot. eat a dick

>/owutg/
Sounds like a combination of Overwatch and Undertale General.
A search on the Catalog reveals nothing, so it seems we are currently beset by a gentleman who forgot to take his daily dose.

don't play dumb

That makes sense really.

it's the same general because it's the same fanbase, same community. the overlap is literally on the order of 100%. all /utg/ are /owg/. all /owg/ are /utg/. same gay furry goat faggots. same gay tranny irradiated mutant toxic waste faggots. same mean chinese bitch from australia. same gay nazi from alaska. same yelling at girls with red hair, calling them evil, calling them demons. same bullshit. same stupid gay ass young niggas and you can't prove me wrong because it's 100% fuckin true.

Actually, I can.
>Last /utg/ has 79 total Unique IPs and about to fall off
>Current /owg/ has 106 total Unique IPs with half the posts
>Current /utg/ only has 24
Sure don't look like the same batch of faggots to me.

Now for the ultimate question: What does whether they are the same people or not have to do with /indie/ when an off-topic conversation about a game worse than many Indie games comes up?

fuck you nigga i promise you it's the same. same irc circlejerk, no straight niggas allowed. same discord circlejerk, no straight niggas allowed. same only drinking mountain dew black. same overwatch. same destiny. same halo. same skype. same tumblr. same kill your own sister because they said so. same faggot shit. same nigga, it's all the fuckin same, exact fuckin same, there is no difference, the difference don't exist, you're a liar if you say otherwise.

same 79 gay ass faggots
same 106 gay ass faggots
same 24 gay ass faggots
nigga there's thousands of these young gaybrainwashed ass faggots from the same tumblr, same steam, they are all the same

And what does this have to do with /indie/?

Darker overall or in a specific spot don't mind me asking? You don't see any other way to improve it? Also thanks for the help.

it doesn't, so stop pushing this gay ass /owutg/ shit of yelling at battleborn, take it back to your same ass gay ass circlejerk generals at least, please nigga, get it out

>yelling at Battleborn is Overwatch Undertale shit
Battleborn is neither of those games and we are laughing at it for being so shit, if you don't like it, you're welcome to not speak out about it.

fuck off you same ass alaska nazi faggot, i'm tired of your goons pushing this shit, i'm tired of your legion, tired of this gay undermeme army tryna take over the whole internet, i'm done with it. /indie/ is for indie, tell your tobyfox/soldierman who writes your paycheck leave /indie/ alone, nigga, leave it alone

Have a nice night, user, go raid and invade in your /a/ IRC, kindly.

i don't even browse /a/ you fag, i never even watch anime, just leave /indie/ alone
it's not that hard, nigga it's not that hard, just leave /indie/ alone

Anyone making any games?

i would say make it darker overall BUT give the yellow and orange brighter colors, that would make it more threatening looking, not sure if that's what you want but i feel like it look good
also on the sketch i would make the back legs bigger

i am sorry

more

Oh man I'm crying, that's amazing. Thanks dude, you made my day! Don't mind me asking but you have a place to follow your art?

I have a tumblr but my stuff is not really good
also i post some original character stuff, pls no bully
but here is it thompson-vonjung.tumblr.com/

Seriously, I don't even know how to thank you enough for even doing that. Thanks so much for doing that.

It's all good bro, i am glad that you like it

bump

If I side with the protectorate, can I still do the Jack Quicksilver missions (he is a free drone, right?) Will Gorskey tell me to fuck off, or can I still help him with Zone Rat stuff?

What's the game in the OP don't mind me asking?

Oh we're on the 9th page right now, just a heads up.