Small poverty spec cars are some of the most fun cars to drive ever

Small poverty spec cars are some of the most fun cars to drive ever.

Is your penis too small to accept this fact?

I have no insecurity issues. I'll drive anything

>AE82

fkn sexy

I recently sold it. Gonna get a newer corolla next.

They're fun. They're also uncomfortable on long trips and anemic at highway speeds which is why they have no place in my life.

Corolla is mighty comfy on long trips. And cruises just fine.

People value prestige above everything else, especially if they can afford powerful cars that also look modern and powerful.

If you can afford it you don't see any reason to "downgrade" to a shitbox even when this means you miss out on a lot of things (but again, those things like the fun in throwing a light shitbox around and having tons of fun WHILE driving according to speed limits don't come to their mind because they're too busy being proud of their more expensive cars)

By highway speeds I mean sustained cruising at 80 to 85 mph and being able to comfortably push to 100 mph when occasionally peeling into the left lane. The Autobahn is a bit different from American "if I can't go 65 I'll just go 60 instead" highways.

I cruised at 80ish in my FX. Which is like 60hp.
Not hard to do.

I want to buy a beat shitbox , graffiti it and then take it down back roads until one of us dies

>going 60 on american interstates
This must be some other America.

I drove a Yaris from London to Birmingham and did about 100 the whole way. It was a pretty comfortable journey

I love driving my metro but have almost no experience driving something expensive to compare it with. I drove an automatic Mini Cooper around for a bit but it didn't feel much different. I can imagine a faster car and/or a manual would be fun, but I don't really see the point of spending the money for a sporty car if all I do with it is gun it off of stop lights.

What if we took a papier-mâché yuroshit and put an American v8 in it?

Small, affordable, reliable cars make me hard. Especially if they can be tuned to handle well. There's a beauty to the simplicity

im pretty sure my evo is way more smiles per gallon than any shitbox

Doubt it.
Doesn't run long enough to enjoy.
Unless you enjoy fixing things.

You would be called Carroll Shelby.

It's a Rover V8, but that was originally a Buick design, so close enough..?

Yeah, everyone here will be smiling when you total it, too.

>justifying driving a shitbox

You don't have to bellow from the rooftops about how secure you are, user. It's enough just to enjoy yourself in your beloved rickety deathtrap. It's not just an appliance or an accessory; you've fixed it up when shit was going wrong. At this point it's like a loyal old dog waiting to take you home after a long day at whatever you do, sitting obediently in the car park till you return.

I have a 4x4

I miss owning a shitbox. They're so much fun to throw around .

So true. My '94 excel was nothing but fun. It was like a really fast go kart, though it was terrifying being shoved between 18 wealers on the interstate.

I actually feel really bad for all the young people that learn how to drive stick on super automated cars. It's just not as fun when you can't feel every detail of the car.

There`s a 1989 nissan pulsar for sale for $500 near me. Should i get it

here`s the other pic

>shitbox copypasta incoming

Shitboxes are loved by Veeky Forums. We like to say they have character. We beat them to hell, and they somehow still go another 50k miles. When brand new with 4 miles on the odometer, we smugly donned these vehicles "econoboxes". But they matured, such as a fine wine does. They surived to 300k miles with minimal repairs. Just like a soldier earns the Purple Heart, our "econoboxes" earned their reputation as the "shitbox". There are a few cars that will always be known as great little shitboxes: the Toyota Corolla, our beloved Twingo, and America's frontrunner, The Geo Metro.

The Geo Metro was conceived much the same way I was: during a 4am cocaine fueled grope session in the back seat of an AMC Gremlin.

The year was 1987. A few Detroit executives who were down on their luck decided that we need a car designed for real human beans. A car that would love its 8th owner more than its original buyer. A car that had seen 3 oil changes its first 100k miles, but now is pampered by synthetic blend every 2,999 miles. Sunroof? Fuck that! 4 cylinders? Nope! We want 4 wheels, 3 cylinders, 2 doors, and one goddamn good car.

Thus the 1989 Geo Metro was born. It reigned supreme for decades, much like a dictator in Asia. Jay Leno owns 7 Geo Metros in case you forgot. The Geo Metro is the only car to win at Monza, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, and Talladega. Ford and Chrysler appealed to the US government in 1990, saying that production of the Geo Metro created an unfair advantage for GM. Unfortunately for Ford and Chrysler, 98% of the members of Congress drove Geo Metros and loved them to death. The Geo Metro placed 4th in the 1992 Presidential election behind Ross Perot.

Some say the Chevrolet Aveo was the successor to the Geo Metro, but I refuse to believe. Nothing can ever succed over the Geo Metro when it comes to its main purpose: being a spectacular shitbox.

you lucky bastard

>that cleverly placed V8

really? should i get it?

You're gonna have to make an educated guess no matter what.
Does it run?
How does it run?
How many miles?
etc etc

slow car fast and whatnot, totally agree.

Sure, unless it's an automatic. Then you're just a poorfag.

>I know what I've got.
>No lowballers
>Ran when parked
>One lady owner

Please tell me you kept the volk wheel

I agree completely. I'm especially fond of the hot versions some of them had. with a little fine tuneing little lightweight fwd cars can be absurd sleepers.

I read something about the Suzuki Swift GTI that said when the engineers first tested it it was taking slaloms so fast they thought their instruments had malfunctioned.

There's something to be said for a car that can carry speed gracefully and efficiently, even if it doesn't accelerate very fast. If it's dirt cheap to own and run on top of it it's clearly a winner no matter how "slow" it is.

Nope. All 4 went with the car. Nice thing is the guy loves being stupid with it just as much as me. Pic related.