I've been wanting to get a Ford Lightning for some time now...

I've been wanting to get a Ford Lightning for some time now, but the more I read about the more I get nervous about purchasing one. The main issue being that the Triton motors like to shoot their spark plugs and send the threads with them.

So my question is how can this be fixed and how costly can it be? I've read on forums and etc but there is no clear answer. Also is there anyway to avoid this issue or is it inevitable with these motors? And finally, is there any other ford motor that has this issue? Just wondering.

just swap in a LS and be done with it

Let's avoid swapping in motors. I know that would fix the problem, but I'd rather not start another project.

rethread and Loctite?

That simple? What would be the longevity of that?

Honestly, the issue you're talking about on the 2V Tritons typically stems from not torquing them down properly. If you give them a little extra snug when you tighten them down, they shouldn't be coming out.

Daily reminder that ford is better than bmw.

Then why is it such a common issue of its that easy to avoid? Is it because the plugs are such a pain to get at? Sorry if I'm questioning everything, just want to understand this issue as much as possible.

Cut down on the burgers, amerifat.

>ad hominem
btfo!!!

>3800 lbs

>bmw literally cannot outperform a 3700 lb mustang that costs 30k less

The plugs can be a pain in the dick to get at, especially plugs 4 & 8 on these engines, because they're tucked back towards the firewall.

Also, a lot of people have a tendency to put anti-seize on their plugs when they put them in. Don't do that for the 5.4 2V.

>racing slicks
ford is trash

former lightning bro here

had an 02, shot out 2 plugs, on twice from the same cylinder. you can helix coil once and there is a last ditch save for if it does it a second time. the only way to really avoid the problem is to get the 03-04. the heads on those motors fixed the issue and have more threads for each spark plug. i ditched mine after the 3rd plug popped. i was running stock pulleys too.

>excuses
Keep crying bmw cuckgirl.

You seem pretty upset that your piece of shit can't compete.

It's evident that you seek out Ford threads posting Facebook tier "LOL FERD SUX XDDD" comments.

ITT: BMW FANGIRLS BTFO ONCE AGAIN

Ah ok. How violent is it when a plug pops?

kill yourself

also i'm psychic
your reply will tell me i'm mad

How is that overpriced german shit going?
The one that was bodied by a 40k camaro

its not. it doesnt shoot out of the hood or anything. the coil pack will hold it in the sleeve. the truck just starts driving like shit all the sudden.

ford>bmw